Photo

Free aim is bad....

114 replies to this topic
blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

I do or shall i say did use free aim until now, for an hour with free aim i have been trying to enter a race only to be put into a empty lobby as the host, i just switched to auto aim and tried to race again and boom it puts me in a full lobby as the 8th man, it's a shame free aim comes with the curse of having no players except in freeroam.

I have just switched to "Noob mode" for the reason you have, I found myself always racing against 2-3 people max, why on earth should it even segregate people in normal races regardless of their aiming preference. YOU CAN'T SHOOT YOUR f*ckING GUN! ahah sorry about that... :S

Also what is the point of the shooting attribute? Oh yeah I'll max it out so my aimbot can aim even better. lmao f*ck off R*.

Auto aim isn't "noob mode." That's just something silly gamers so to make themselves feel awesome.

In both GTA IV and V, neither shooting modes are indicative of real life. There are advantages to each and I've seen plenty of players use cheap tricks to take advantage of free aim, knowing that their opponent is at a huge disadvantage because they can't lock on. I can't tell you how many times in GTA IV, a player has grabbed a security truck, Infernus, or Blista Compact, which can't be shot from the back and then nailed me over and over, knowing that even if I could run in front of it somehow, there's no possible way to shoot the driver without the ability to lock on before they can simply pull forward and get out of my line of sight. It's maddening!

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

first time ever got a tutorial mission with full session how? i turned assisted aiming on, like i cant do headshots withouth it :/

Mordax87
  • Mordax87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

I just joined this Free Aim crew on Xbox.

http://socialclub.ro...ight_money_crew

podyx
  • podyx

Money Maker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Gotta love the elitists who think they're "le so l33t" cause they use free aim. Free aim sucks because it isn't responsive at all. Compared to other over the shoulder shooters it does not feel on par, and yes I am in free aim lobbies always except for when joining friends who use aim assist. It says nothing about player skill. I have a friend who uses auto aim on GTA and yet absolutely dominates on BF3 and pretty much any FPS. Rockstar just hasn't implemented good aiming (for a while now).

if u use free aim in pvp, u ought to be retarded by birth

sorry but this is a fact

irishsm0ke
  • irishsm0ke

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Making comparisons to this game and COD? Are you retarded? COD is a FPS with a completely different game engine and even in COD, there is aim assist. 

Free aim is bad. I've been doing FPS shooters for years and me trying to hit someone in free aim is hopeless.

MSC--90
  • MSC--90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

I do or shall i say did use free aim until now, for an hour with free aim i have been trying to enter a race only to be put into a empty lobby as the host, i just switched to auto aim and tried to race again and boom it puts me in a full lobby as the 8th man, it's a shame free aim comes with the curse of having no players except in freeroam.

I have just switched to "Noob mode" for the reason you have, I found myself always racing against 2-3 people max, why on earth should it even segregate people in normal races regardless of their aiming preference. YOU CAN'T SHOOT YOUR f*ckING GUN! ahah sorry about that... :S

Also what is the point of the shooting attribute? Oh yeah I'll max it out so my aimbot can aim even better. lmao f*ck off R*.

Auto aim isn't "noob mode." That's just something silly gamers so to make themselves feel awesome.

In both GTA IV and V, neither shooting modes are indicative of real life. There are advantages to each and I've seen plenty of players use cheap tricks to take advantage of free aim, knowing that their opponent is at a huge disadvantage because they can't lock on. I can't tell you how many times in GTA IV, a player has grabbed a security truck, Infernus, or Blista Compact, which can't be shot from the back and then nailed me over and over, knowing that even if I could run in front of it somehow, there's no possible way to shoot the driver without the ability to lock on before they can simply pull forward and get out of my line of sight. It's maddening!

Hahaha so you can't kill some dude in a car which you can't kill them from behind in? Ever thought of shooting out the guys tires then ramming him off the road? When he evidently slows down/cannot control properly you pull up and blast him through the noggin?

GTAOnlineVideos
  • GTAOnlineVideos

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by GTAOnlineVideos, 10 October 2013 - 06:18 PM.

I just joined this Free Aim crew on Xbox.

http://socialclub.ro...ight_money_crew

Nice.

I posted this in another thread:

Finding full lobbies in free aim is tough.  Over time, it will get worse, just like it did in GTA IV and MP3.  I'm going to post something in the crew section later about a free aim crew.  It's in my sig right now.  Even if you don't want to join the crew, I am looking for any free aim players to band together with on xbox.  My gamertag is ginslikewhoa.  I'm afraid if we don't organize large groups of free aim friends or whatever, people will become discouraged by the empty lobbies and it will only get worse.

It's not about the crew or my channel, necessarily.  If things turn out like GTA IV and MP3, it will be about whether or not I can even continue to play GTA V on console long term.  I'm not saying this to knock auto-lock or aim-assist players.  I just can't stand those modes myself.  I''m sure there are many others who are having trouble getting games going regularly.  Let's try to fix that. 

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hmm, thats why i almost never get more than 4 or 5 people in any mission i guess. Well, then you almost have to change to auto aim...

where is auto aim??

i got mine set to aim assist.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

I HATE auto aim in ALL games. I always try to go for headshots and AA messes that up by diverting my aim. And oh, I almost forgot the AA shotguns... I don't want to say AA is noob mode, but you have to admit that with AA it's not skill that matters, it's who exploits the AA the best. In FA you actually have to aim, the more skillful player has leverage, and in my eyes it's more fun because YOU do the aiming, not the game. That's a big part of gaming, YOU do the shooting and it's really rewarding to get better in the end. AA is just... catching your opponent off guard and pressing a button wihtout doing anything else. That or simply being the first to start firing or even having a superior weapon. There is just no challenge in it and thus, no fun.

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

and it is all because rockstar cant make good aiming , make crosshair to slowdown when oyu target enemy like in uncharted 3 and we are gonna be good, but no they nee dto put 3 diffrent aiming modes to segregate the community . iits something with is pissing me of since rdr, its 21's century most of 3rd person shooters dont hae lockon's, i get why some migh be pissed of to play in freeaim but loojk at people with dont like to have autoaim, the bigger problem is you can just hold l2 and shoot someone from 50m away form you with pistol like you were shooting a sniper rifle.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

God damn it all makes sense now... Same thing happened to me. Wow I love races but I don't want to switch my aiming all the time they should just combine the free aimers and auto aimers for races if that's possible. Except for GTA races.

GameBroAdvanced
  • GameBroAdvanced

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by GameBroAdvanced, 10 October 2013 - 06:30 PM.

u ought to be retarded by birth

K den.

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:31 PM Edited by NoMeansYes, 10 October 2013 - 06:32 PM.

What level of aim sensitivity do you free-aimers use? I wonder if that's the key to not completely sucking hard at it. I've never changed my aim method so I don't even know what I'm using

JetFury
  • JetFury

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

No wonder...ugh lame. Auto aim is terrible

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

Thats why i can find any races. Why would they be split anyway free aim/auto aim doesnt make a difference in race. Just another another reason why they should have made it free aim only. It doesnt take long to get used to free aim but if you give somone a crutch they will use it. Would be nice to be able to get full lobies but im not swithcing to auto aim and take all the fun and skill out of the game

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Thats why i can find any races. Why would they be split anyway free aim/auto aim doesnt make a difference in race. Just another another reason why they should have made it free aim only. It doesnt take long to get used to free aim but if you give somone a crutch they will use it. Would be nice to be able to get full lobies but im not swithcing to auto aim and take all the fun and skill out of the game

My guess is they'll probably fix that later, I see no reason why you would purposefully seperate free aimers and auto aimers in races.

Trepsik
  • Trepsik

Cluckin Bell Nice!!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Free aim for life! Sigh... most of my crew play auto aim. Game is too easy with that sh*t.

Free aim would be better if the reticule was like Max Payne 3 and stayed on screen for a bit after shooting instead of disappearing immediately after you are done aiming. Would make target acquisition a lot smother.

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• D1RTY12
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:58 PM Edited by Riznind, 10 October 2013 - 08:02 PM.

Gotta love the elitists who think they're "le so l33t" cause they use free aim. Free aim sucks because it isn't responsive at all. Compared to other over the shoulder shooters it does not feel on par, and yes I am in free aim lobbies always except for when joining friends who use aim assist. It says nothing about player skill. I have a friend who uses auto aim on GTA and yet absolutely dominates on BF3 and pretty much any FPS. Rockstar just hasn't implemented good aiming (for a while now).

if u use AUTO aim in pvp, u ought to be retarded by birth

sorry but this is a fact

fyp

And about the people who play COD and BF on pc with a mouse and now auto aim. LOL!

Most people just farm and use auto aim for securing their precious payouts.

"NPC uses auto aim and that's why I use it too" is soo funny to read!

(the famous MYG from RDR is that you?)

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Just to mess with kids who can't aim R* should make the online free aim only

so you're saying it's an easy mode... in other words noob mode

Zoin
  • Zoin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

I personally use auto aim as well not that I want to especially in pvp stuff, but the npc's are so deadly accurate that anything else would be suicide /:

I love sniping, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, the AI simply turn towrds you hitting with deadly accuracy at max sniping range makes it nearly impossible to function as a long range support especially in missions where you are told to cover your team mates across the street :(

Solid Snack
  • Solid Snack

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

I find free aim deathmatch kind of funny actually. Everyone just runs around like headless chickens showing up on the radar and crap. I don't even do that bad. I just prefer AA because I play DM the most and I think it requires more tactics. I use cover more and i never run to show up on radar. Its no different from Max Payne its exactly the same mechanics.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

I tried free aim once, wanted to smash the controller into my tv after one deathmatch.

in conclusion, free aim is too expensive for me.

sreiously. how do you consoleguys hit something. the thumbstick-thingies are just soooo unprecise ans slow. like rowing through mud.

I agree, though I dont really like Auto Aim because it makes things a bit too easy...Using thumbsticks for aiming is just terrible. I dont know how anybody can play FPS's competitively on a console. A controller works great for driving, but for shooting its frustrating

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

I tried free aim once, wanted to smash the controller into my tv after one deathmatch.

sreiously. how do you consoleguys hit something. the thumbstick-thingies are just soooo unprecise ans slow. like rowing through mud.

I agree, though I dont really like Auto Aim because it makes things a bit too easy...Using thumbsticks for aiming is just terrible. I dont know how anybody can play FPS's competitively on a console. A controller works great for driving, but for shooting its frustrating

it just need to be practiced, just like at beginning aiming with mouse

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

True. It will never be as effective as a mouse though. So for truly competitive gaming a pc is clearly the better option.

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Yup, I played with free-aim when I started and wasn't sure if I was with auto-aim peeps and found out I was when a friend invited me and I had to change my aim setting and all the jobs I choose after that had lots more players

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

True. It will never be as effective as a mouse though. So for truly competitive gaming a pc is clearly the better option.

each for its own, i personally prefer gamepad over mouse since i feel more comfortable with it. I used to play lot's of FPS's with both

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

btw after comparing free aim and assist aim i can say that freeaim diefieneitly is looking longer for sessions than any auto's

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

btw after comparing free aim and assist aim i can say that freeaim diefieneitly is looking longer for sessions than any auto's

this is why online should be free aim only

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:51 PM Edited by MLO_III, 10 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Not to mention it auto aims on your f*cking crew members and causes you to accidentally shoot them 

I hate this, but all my buddies are on that AA.  Most of the guys I talked to didn't know about the free aim.  I'm terrible in free aim, but I do think that if you want to have people killling each other, AA is not the way to go about balancing.  Needs to be a softer AA, like aim assist in COD.  Or always disable it in DM, which will more than likely happen.  Couple more weeks of reifinement and maybe R* will do this.

Not certain, but I think its either under the settings menu of the Online tab in the pause menu, or its actually on the Settings tab under the controls menu.

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

No wonder...ugh lame. Auto aim is terrible

no it isn't (at least in gta 4 it was good). :die:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users