Free aim is bad....

114 replies to this topic
S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

I tried free aim once, wanted to smash the controller into my tv after one deathmatch.
in conclusion, free aim is too expensive for me.

sreiously. how do you consoleguys hit something. the thumbstick-thingies are just soooo unprecise ans slow. like rowing through mud.

You know you can adjust the sensitivity right? Try playing around with it set at different intervals to see if that helps.

BroDoYouEvenLift
  • BroDoYouEvenLift

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Just tried assisted aim. Deathmatch lobby filled up so quick. But it's not fun for me. So idk about this game anymore. I was waiting for them to fix matchmaking because I thought not getting full games was a server issue, but now I know that it's because no one plays free aim.

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• D1RTY12
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:24 PM Edited by Riznind, 10 October 2013 - 02:25 PM.

@ Uvirith

Put your aim sensitivity up then.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

OP should have made a different title. I know you guys are talking about free-aim in general. The OP was talking about how it is effecting Race Lobbies, not free-aim in freeroam or deathmatch.

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

After exiting lobbies (racing, DM. missions) my aim keeps being changed to assisted or auto-aim when i go back into free-roam. So I have to go back to singleplayer and change back to free-aim and then back into online. Its so frustrating, I understand it makes business sense that Rock* are trying to cater for the casual and the hardcore players at the same time but I would rather just see one or the other, either a fully casual experience or a full blown hardcore experience. Bring on the PC version now and let the PC community mold it into a better experience. 

Weedity
  • Weedity

The Weed Deity Don Weedity

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by Weedity, 10 October 2013 - 02:30 PM.

Making the change to free aim tonight. More people should. Tell people about it, most people don't know how or what it even really is lol. 

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

I know that feel bro. Auto aim has always been part of the GTA series but I wish it wasn't for online. How hard is it to learn a skillset with a controller anyways, if you've played playstation/xbox like me for over a decade now I'm pretty much sure that by now you could aim as good in a mouse, I know I do.

The only time I was in a free aim TD was an epic 5 min one on one pistol match on my first levels.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

@Googz thats weird it does that to you. Ive never had it do that to me. Did you save in SP with settings set to free aim?

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

@Googz thats weird it does that to you. Ive never had it do that to me. Did you save in SP with settings set to free aim?

Yea, only started happening recently. I played the SP in free-aim only (I am one of the biggest haters of auto-aim so was thee first thing I did) but fir some reason after exiting a lobby my aim is being changed to asissted - not every time but it is happening.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Yea, only started happening recently. I played the SP in free-aim only (I am one of the biggest haters of auto-aim so was thee first thing I did) but fir some reason after exiting a lobby my aim is being changed to asissted - not every time but it is happening.

Do you join allot of invites from your friends? when you join a friends game that uses auto aim they permanently switch you to auto until you switch back in single player.

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Do you join allot of invites from your friends? when you join a friends game that uses auto aim they permanently switch you to auto until you switch back in single player.

Yea I have noticed that but no wasn't that, I was playing alone at the time this was happening. 

BroDoYouEvenLift
  • BroDoYouEvenLift

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Well at least now we know for sure that there's no matchmaking issues. I tried assist aim and immediately got into a full DM lobby. It's not as bad as traditional GTA but it's still bad. R* should tone it down so that it doesn't stick to players when they move.. I would be able to tolerate that.

one_-AFRO-_three
  • one_-AFRO-_three

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Free aim 3rd person sucks..
Give me first person and it'd be great

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by Lagful, 10 October 2013 - 03:36 PM.

The aim assist is literally an aimbot in GTA. It shouldn't perfectly track enemy movements, it's suppose to ASSIST your aim, not fully control it. Being able to perfectly track someone driving past you at 200 mph is retarded.

mcmikezr1
  • mcmikezr1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

yeah don't understand why the game is not free aim only. would make the game so much better

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

thing is i understand some people need assistancei n aiming, but then why should i be punished for being able to aim correctly? i dont like autoaim, for me it ruins the experience in multi and in the game , andm akes game to easy but witohuth it i hardly got like 2 peeps in deadtchmatch, once i was on autoaim and then randomlly full 16 out of 16 session was filled. it drives me nuts!

MSC--90
  • MSC--90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

I do or shall i say did use free aim until now, for an hour with free aim i have been trying to enter a race only to be put into a empty lobby as the host, i just switched to auto aim and tried to race again and boom it puts me in a full lobby as the 8th man, it's a shame free aim comes with the curse of having no players except in freeroam.

I have just switched to "Noob mode" for the reason you have, I found myself always racing against 2-3 people max, why on earth should it even segregate people in normal races regardless of their aiming preference. YOU CAN'T SHOOT YOUR f*ckING GUN! ahah sorry about that... :S

Also what is the point of the shooting attribute? Oh yeah I'll max it out so my aimbot can aim even better. lmao f*ck off R*.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Free aim vs players
Auto aim vs npcs
Lets face it, the npcs are using auto aim, so should I. I havent been in a deathmatch lately but when I did last week I was put in with auto aimers whileI was using free aim. Have they fixed this?

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:52 PM Edited by KonradGM, 10 October 2013 - 03:58 PM.

sad part is now im gonna have to use assisted aiming for multiplayer to be able to play with more peeps :/

assisted mode should be targetting and leting it go instantly, or better yet dont target person but make your reticle a little slower when you target someone

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Just tried assisted aim. Deathmatch lobby filled up so quick. But it's not fun for me. So idk about this game anymore. I was waiting for them to fix matchmaking because I thought not getting full games was a server issue, but now I know that it's because no one plays free aim.

its a sad day to be a free aim fan

MSC--90
  • MSC--90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:17 PM Edited by MSC--90, 10 October 2013 - 04:17 PM.

There should be no assisted aim in online period, only in custom invite only sessions if you really want to play that way.

There should be a disclaimer before you enter online "You are entering into the big bad world of GTA Online, all training wheels will be taken off blah blah blah"  R* should also add auto-drive so that I never crash ever again, auto-pilot so I can fly like a Top Gun fighter pilot. Sigh.

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

GTA has always had assisted aim which is why it's the default setting. This is the wrong game to play if you expect everyone to use free aim. I know for sure I'll never use free aim much because the NPCs seem to have an even better aim assist than players get with double the damage to boot. Even if I loved free aim, I wouldn't be so stubborn that I'd bang my head against my flat screen out of frustration trying to deal with multiple AI aimbots whilst I'm using free aim.

I did join a friend's session once and he uses free aim and I will say people are much more tolerable (less likely to randomly kill you) in Freeroam, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about free aim in this game.

• GrndZero likes this

podyx
  • podyx

Money Maker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

lol i havent played xbox in like 5 years and i hate aiming with analog stick but even i would never go to auto aim

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Someone should make a free aim crew then...

this is what communities are for, to sort this sh*t out ourselves

TotalNo0b
  • TotalNo0b

total noob

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:48 PM Edited by TotalNo0b, 10 October 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Personally, I've tried all 3 options. Free aim is more emmersive and challenging, though it takes longer to get things done in a mission. The lock-on feature marries with the cover system. It's pretty fluid and you can quickly create some havok. It's more of an action movie setting, when you just want to go in and mow everybody down quickly. I enjoy all 3

Edit: free aim lobbies are more tolerant, kiddies probably don't know that it exists or they can't handle it

GameBroAdvanced
  • GameBroAdvanced

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Gotta love the elitists who think they're "le so l33t" cause they use free aim. Free aim sucks because it isn't responsive at all. Compared to other over the shoulder shooters it does not feel on par, and yes I am in free aim lobbies always except for when joining friends who use aim assist. It says nothing about player skill. I have a friend who uses auto aim on GTA and yet absolutely dominates on BF3 and pretty much any FPS. Rockstar just hasn't implemented good aiming (for a while now).

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Free aim only deathmatches? Anyone know if this is available?

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Most people play with auto-aim in SP, which puts them in AA rooms online. Most people don't know that you need to change it to free-aim offline in order to have it for GTAO. They need an option as soon as you log on... "Would you like to play in Free-Aim or Auto-Aim Lobbies?"

snoopdoug
  • snoopdoug

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

I agree with the others that would like auto-aim vs the computer, and free aim vs players.

The way the line of sight works with the computers makes no sense, they can shoot you through thick bushes that you cant see through, and their accuracy is very good. It pretty much seems like their auto-aim is almost or as strong as the players. Unless the NPC's aren't as good on free aim servers, it doesn't make much sense to me, since I have been playing more missions, survival and races than modes against other players.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

really sucks there's so many noobs

same thing as with max payne 3, didn't sell that well either so there were even less players in free aim

I knew most of them by name that's how few.

and again rockstar doesn't have the balls or skills to just go free aim ONLY on MP

I mean just look at cod,apparantly there's ways of getting the masses to aim with a f*cking analog stick

not exactly a new development in gaming or anything

Free aim is a mixed bag and it would be STUPID for Rockstar to limit every player's aim.

I've used both free aim and auto aim. I love both. But I have realized that as much as I love the feeling of nailing someone in free aim, auto aim is much more realistic in regards to how I can shoot a gun in real life, at least in GTA IV, where I've used it most. When someone is attacking me from his car and I can't simply aim for his head with precision while he's driving away, I get more than a little annoyed.

Not to mention that the vast majority of free aim users in GTA IV never leave their cars, which gives them a big advantage over someone on foot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users