Photo

Free aim is bad....

114 replies to this topic
twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

I do or shall i say did use free aim until now, for an hour with free aim i have been trying to enter a race only to be put into a empty lobby as the host, i just switched to auto aim and tried to race again and boom it puts me in a full lobby as the 8th man, it's a shame free aim comes with the curse of having no players except in freeroam.

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hmm, thats why i almost never get more than 4 or 5 people in any mission i guess. Well, then you almost have to change to auto aim...

BroDoYouEvenLift
  • BroDoYouEvenLift

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

I wonder where assist aim would put you?

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

I've been using auto aim but would like to try some free aim sessions. How do I go about this? Do I actually have to go back to single player, change the setting and go back to online every time I want to switch?

Also, is there a way to enter a solo/invite only sessions from online, or only from single player?

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

I wonder where assist aim would put you?

Good question. What does this setting do exactly?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 10 October 2013 - 12:37 PM.

really sucks there's so many noobs

same thing as with max payne 3, didn't sell that well either so there were even less players in free aim

I knew most of them by name that's how few.

and again rockstar doesn't have the balls or skills to just go free aim ONLY on MP

I mean just look at cod,apparantly there's ways of getting the masses to aim with a f*cking analog stick

not exactly a new development in gaming or anything

• OhMyCharater likes this

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by Gregers08, 10 October 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Sigh, It's happening faster than I thought it would, auto aim always wins when it comes to filling lobbies.

Whats the point of reworking the gun combat if everyone just uses AA? Wish R* would give players some incentive to play FA, maybe like extra xp or money like they did in MP3. Or some kind of ingame reward for playing free aim for a certain amount of time, doesn't even have to be anything big maybe like a gold star next to your name a bonus gun or outfit.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

Most likely since people that like to race do not really care about deathmatch, hence the results you are getting.

I don't really see a problem with that mindset. Kind of sucks though as it splits a category that it doesn't really pertain too.

• Subway_Dave likes this

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Free aim isn't bad i got alot of death matches in it atleast people stay and vote and use different settings unlike people in auto aim where they camp corners 24/7

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

I don't get why ANY1 would implement full on auto aim in a multiplayer game

it's just terrible game design IMO

but the priority isn't making the best game possible from a design standpoint

it's making the best game possible from a marketing/sales standpoint.

especially with this micro transaction BS, it will mostly be casuals buying that crap I can imagine

• Kromix likes this

disposeablehero
  • disposeablehero

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

I am blown away console gamers want to use Aim assist, the game aims for you, it's moronic. Come on Pc version please. especially in MP.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Next thing you know they will implement "Auto Pilot" for casuals they don't have the time to learn how to press a few buttons

Baroni88
  • Baroni88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:00 PM Edited by Baroni88, 10 October 2013 - 01:01 PM.

I definitely don't think auto aim should've been the default lobby in gta online. It would be a lot more balanced under a free aim lobby. I didn't know you could choose free aim. How do you get there?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 10 October 2013 - 01:03 PM.

I am blown away console gamers want to use Aim assist, the game aims for you, it's moronic. Come on Pc version please. especially in MP.

aim assist I can understand like in halo or cod (haven't played the recent cod's just MW 1) to make up for the imprecision of a thumbstick.

in fact I think gta could use some of the aim guidance max payne 3 seemed to have (even in free aim)

in gta online it seems a bit direct and jerky while in max payne 3 it was smooth and soft

but full on autoaim or even the aim assist (which is like auto-aim light) is just stupid imo

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

same thing as with max payne 3, didn't sell that well either so there were even less players in free aim

and again rockstar doesn't have the balls or skills to just go free aim ONLY on MP

I mean just look at cod,apparantly there's ways of getting the masses to aim with a f*cking analog stick

For some reason the shift from first person to third person throws me off. In games like COD or Halo I have no problems aiming and hitting my target. Free aim in GTA isn't as natural feeling to me.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

They need to get rid of it period.

Mustard Tigers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:06 PM Edited by 1158, 10 October 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Sigh, It's happening faster than I thought it would, auto aim always wins when it comes to filling lobbies.

Whats the point of reworking the gun combat if everyone just uses AA? Wish R* would give players some incentive to play FA, maybe like extra xp or money like they did in MP3. Or some kind of ingame reward for playing free aim for a certain amount of time, doesn't even have to be anything big maybe like a gold star next to your name a bonus gun or outfit.

As someone who switches between free aim and assisted aim depending on friends I am playing with I can tell you there is a small rp difference.  Kills in free aim get you 15rp in AA you get 10rp.

Edit: The above numbers are for killing NPCs.  I do not know if there is a difference in DM/Free roam as I don't spend time with assisted aim on in those.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

For some reason the shift from first person to third person throws me off. In games like COD or Halo I have no problems aiming and hitting my target. Free aim in GTA isn't as natural feeling to me.

I get what you're saying which is why I mentioned max payne 3

dno if you've played that game but it really was a 3rd person shooter that felt a lot like a 1st person shooter

was hoping they'd just copy that over with a few tweaks (slower and less acrobatic ofcourse)

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

I don't get why ANY1 would implement full on auto aim in a multiplayer game

it's just terrible game design IMO

but the priority isn't making the best game possible from a design standpoint

it's making the best game possible from a marketing/sales standpoint.

especially with this micro transaction BS, it will mostly be casuals buying that crap I can imagine

This ^  +1

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

MP3 had full free aim rooms on ps3 until the end. And had a way better mechanic.

I agree that with races the rooms don't fill if you use free aim. The pool of racers should be both aim modes

• Mordax87 likes this

Mordax87
  • Mordax87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

I refuse to switch to anything but free aim. Having deathmatches with auto/asissted aiming is an absolute waste of time.

• Riznind likes this

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Free aim should be the only aiming system. I played my first few days on auto aim just until i got the feeling of the game down.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 10 October 2013 - 01:34 PM.

I played the first day with auto aim thinking I would be faced against auto aim players regardless of my setting

also I had trouble even changing it since it was greyed out

who knew you had to change it in single player :S

game didn't communicate any of this clearly, or at all really

Baroni88
  • Baroni88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Where are all you guys in free aim games. Holy crap! This whole thread is pro free aim. I haven't been in a free aim match yet but from what I hear, it's pretty dead. Let's assemble and MOUNT UP!

BroDoYouEvenLift
  • BroDoYouEvenLift

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

It's not even a hardcore vs casual argument. I don't see how auto aim is fun. Not only is it mindlessly easy, everyone camps because being spotted results in instadeath

Spite
  • Spite

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I get what you're saying which is why I mentioned max payne 3

dno if you've played that game but it really was a 3rd person shooter that felt a lot like a 1st person shooter

was hoping they'd just copy that over with a few tweaks (slower and less acrobatic ofcourse)

I've got Max Payne 3 and played a good amount of multiplayer when the game first came out - had some good fun and games on it. The feel of that game felt great, and I could free aim no problem - nothing insane, but I could make the kills that I needed to. However, in this I can barely use free aim to save my life. For me, it doesn't feel good in this game. In games like CoD (just like the other guy said), I have no problem with my aim, albeit there is auto-aim, but you get the point.

I was also hoping the shooting mechanics would of been carried over, but with some tweaks like you say, and of course removal of diving, etc.

Weedity
  • Weedity

The Weed Deity Don Weedity

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Not to mention it auto aims on your f*cking crew members and causes you to accidentally shoot them 

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

for e th ebig problem with NOT using free aim is that the enemies in th egame seem to be fitted with laser targeted pistols, and a sixth sense that puts spider man to shame.

Stand back at maximum sniper range and they'll still headshot you with a pistol while on the back of a bike swerving all over the place.

If I was doing deathmatch only stuff I'd love free aim, but playing most of it its just not worth the hassle

• JustOneMonth likes this

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

for e th ebig problem with NOT using free aim is that the enemies in th egame seem to be fitted with laser targeted pistols, and a sixth sense that puts spider man to shame.

Stand back at maximum sniper range and they'll still headshot you with a pistol while on the back of a bike swerving all over the place.

If I was doing deathmatch only stuff I'd love free aim, but playing most of it its just not worth the hassle

Yeah I prefer free aim vs players and auto aim vs NPCs. The NPCs are simply too accurate to shoot waves of them in survival for instance. But I'm definately not gonna be switching back and forth between single player and online all the time, so auto aim it is for now.

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

I tried free aim once, wanted to smash the controller into my tv after one deathmatch.

in conclusion, free aim is too expensive for me.

sreiously. how do you consoleguys hit something. the thumbstick-thingies are just soooo unprecise ans slow. like rowing through mud.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users