Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone in here suffer from depression?

388 replies to this topic
IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

I feel as if I can sort of block out depression now. Like whenever I start to feel the old familiar depressed thoughts coming on I can just sort of trick myself into staying somewhat positive. I've just been thinking, life's way to short to live constantly depressed and just mope around. We all die in the end anyway, so I'm just gonna try to make the most of what I got. I might be an ugly, socially awkward guy most of the time, but lately I've come to realize its all mind over matter. I can trick myself into just not caring about other people socially and just turn on my music, block out everyone and live in my own world. Why the f*ck have I worried so much about everyone else's opinion in the past? Nothing they think or say can really effect me and my future. Now I'm just finally starting to have the ability to tune everyone out. I'm pretty happy about that. I feel myself maturing  :colgate:

• johnny_zoo, TJGM, orbitalraindrops and 1 other like this

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:13 PM Edited by johnny_zoo, 08 August 2014 - 10:13 PM.

Ivegotnovalues stop reading my mind.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

Life just sucks life is best when I'm just about to fall sleep or when you just wake up.

Edwin
  • Edwin

oi f*ckboi do u wanna get spooked?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

Easy to say hard to implement.

Nah, bruh

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

YOU CAN'T CATCH ME, BOI

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:51 AM

I feel as if I can sort of block out depression now. Like whenever I start to feel the old familiar depressed thoughts coming on I can just sort of trick myself into staying somewhat positive. I've just been thinking, life's way to short to live constantly depressed and just mope around. We all die in the end anyway, so I'm just gonna try to make the most of what I got. I might be an ugly, socially awkward guy most of the time, but lately I've come to realize its all mind over matter. I can trick myself into just not caring about other people socially and just turn on my music, block out everyone and live in my own world. Why the f*ck have I worried so much about everyone else's opinion in the past? Nothing they think or say can really effect me and my future. Now I'm just finally starting to have the ability to tune everyone out. I'm pretty happy about that. I feel myself maturing  :colgate:

Somehow I've been depression-free for 2 weeks now.

I just don't care about what used to make me depressed anymore... life REALLY is easier when you don't give a f*ck.

I just want a PS4 and holy f*ck my life is perfect already, lol.

Glad you're getting better, live life, mate. :)

• IveGotNoValues likes this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

Think a ps4 would makey life slightly better as well lol

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

YOU CAN'T CATCH ME, BOI

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Listen to some epic sax guy and watch your depression dissipate.

• maxpaynefan likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:33 AM Edited by maxpaynefan, 10 August 2014 - 11:30 AM.

Listen to some epic sax guy and watch your depression dissipate.

My depression flew out the window. Thanks!
To those that suffer from depression, listen to the war still rages within. It helped me control my anger issues, so maybe it could help you guys out.
  • frankenstein107 likes this

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

YOU CAN'T CATCH ME, BOI

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

Original song if anybody's curious. I f*cking love europop. 

• maxpaynefan likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

Original song if anybody's curious. I f*cking love europop. 

Off topic but I love that Frankenstein profile pic from death race.
  • frankenstein107 likes this

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:00 PM Edited by Ziggy455, 10 August 2014 - 11:13 PM.

I've suffered with depression for quite some time. Back in 2012, while studying at college, I ended up caring for my sick grandmother. She had been diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer, and it'd already spread to her brain. I left college to deal with her, caring for her. I didn't leave her side. I remember sitting in with the doctors and they spoke to us, "I'm sorry but she has six months maximum."

Six months went down to four, then two, then a month. "I'm sorry but she has six weeks at maximum." 

A month went down to three weeks. And all this time I was by her side, making sure she was fed. I was clinically diagnosed with Manic Depression before. Please don't mistake me for a person that blames everything on his condition, I am a happy person most of the time. I remember spending my last night with my grandmother. I asked her to take some painkillers which she had to take every couple of hours. She spoke softly, and took the pills, and then we spoke for a little while and she told me she loved me, and I told her the same, and then I stayed awake with her a while. I slept in the bedroom across from her as she had a hospital bed brought in for her own comfort. 

Then I woke up the next morning to my mom shaking me. "Nan's dead! Nan's dead!" she told me with this hurried type of voice. I didn't believe she was dead. Half-asleep I got up, just moaning like "She's just asleep for f*ck sake, stop worrying!" My nan was a light sleeper. 

But no, she'd passed peacefully in the night. 

After that, the family around me collapsed and I picked up the pieces. I never mourned for my nan, not until her funeral when I finally broke down. She was like my mother --my real one prefers alcohol and attention--I grew up with her and losing her just kind of threw me to the floor and winded me. 

I was diagnosed with PTSD and Anxiety, Depression. My CBT therapist learned a lot about me. I lost my best friend, who bled to death in my arms, I lost my second nan a week later to Luekemia--My life had not been a hard one, but I was much more accustomed to losing people than I was dealing with them. And I think that's when my depression was at its worst for me. I slept all day, stared at walls, contemplated suicide a few times, quietly, to myself. I ended up going back to college and passing with good grades. I felt the big knot in my stomach every day, and eventually I realized I wanted to write and study and not kill myself but the depression does come back on me sometimes.

I think the worst thing for me, really, that makes it come on, is in those dark moments when I really, really could do with sitting down with my nan and sharing a cup of tea as we talked. We used to do that a lot and somehow I think just a chat like that would make my depression lessen by so much. So yes. I'm sorry for the ranting. I was just pinpointing when my depression really was identified. 

EDIT: Dealing with it is another issue. I try to remain extremely positive and even when bad things happen to me I just try to deal with it. I recently was dumped by my partner of two years, but instead of laying down I just try my hardest to see the best in everything. Sometimes I'll just get these low points where I'll just miss old people who I've lost or others and I'll sit and cry until I feel better. Otherwise I just shut up and deal with it.

• Shah Sam likes this

MotelGuy
  • MotelGuy

Gay Tony's Lover

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

I suffer from manic depression. Does that count? Thanks to GTA, I let out all of my murderous tendecies by going on a killing spree. And they say violent games are bad for you. Bull-f*cking-sh*t.
  • ten-a-penny and maxpaynefan like this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

I suffer from manic depression. Does that count? Thanks to GTA, I let out all of my murderous tendecies by going on a killing spree. And they say violent games are bad for you. Bull-f*cking-sh*t.

Same here. People who say violent games cause violence must've never played a game before.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

I had depression ever since I was f*cking born. Thank you idiots in the hospital, thank f*ckdad.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

"Just my imagination"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

Yea i do and i think it started in high school. I was very shy most of my life and still kind of am but not as bad. I find interacting with people to be one of the biggest challenges. Its just hard communicating with people when you just got absolutely nothing in common. I find most of time that when people do talk its always negative gossip and unneeded drama and im just not about that. I find alot of people nowadays very two faced, shallow, and self absorbed, well atleast the people around my age(18-28). I also find when i go out in public some people tend to ignore me or even go out of their way to ignore me or avoid me like im an ex con or something. I just feel stuck in a rut right now and it just feels HARD to get out of it. Im trying to motivate myself but im not going to lie, its DIFFICULT.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

I had depression ever since I was f*cking born. Thank you idiots in the hospital, thank f*ckdad.

You give your father a lot of sh*t for some rather trivial things based on what I read in the other topic. I can't see how you blame so  much on him when all the stuff you mentioned he did was pretty trivial as f*ck. My dad called me a bitch to my face countless times infront of my friends (who he'd also call bitches because he's pretty mentally unstable), purposely would not pick me up from college after class on winter nights to prove some point that he wanted to disown me, and mentally abused me to the point where I finally decided to move out back in June at the age of 19. I'm not even going to mention every way he's wronged me in my life but it's been an insane bipolar trip that I hope to never go back to. Your dad sounds like a pretty awesome guy compared to mine or a lot of other fathers I know.

I suffered the worst depression I had in years two nights ago. Life has been pretty bumpy and unstable lately and I've been trying to deal with it to the best of my ability. I've been going to therapy more often (once a week rather than every 3-4 weeks like I have been for the past two years) and I've been put on Ativan to help with my mood and anxiety and it has been pretty terrible. I'm constantly tired from the medication and I'm probably asleep 16 or more hours on most days unless I have work or something to do. It's definitely not as intense as Xanax, which I used to take, but it's fairly close and I'm still pretty much a zombie for the most part. :ph34r: :ph34r:

GamingBunny84
  • GamingBunny84

Bunnykins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

<---This girl use to. I try to cope with it by letting myself be surrounded by things and people who make me happy. I been through a lot of sh*t in my life that really messed me up. Very hard to trust anybody anymore.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

I think I do.

I was linked to /b on 4Chan. The world is so depressing now. FML.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:33 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 11 August 2014 - 06:35 PM.

You give your father a lot of sh*t for some rather trivial things based on what I read in the other topic. I can't see how you blame so  much on him when all the stuff you mentioned he did was pretty trivial as f*ck. My dad called me a bitch to my face countless times infront of my friends (who he'd also call bitches because he's pretty mentally unstable), purposely would not pick me up from college after class on winter nights to prove some point that he wanted to disown me, and mentally abused me to the point where I finally decided to move out back in June at the age of 19. I'm not even going to mention every way he's wronged me in my life but it's been an insane bipolar trip that I hope to never go back to. Your dad sounds like a pretty awesome guy compared to mine or a lot of other fathers I know.

Now let's see.....

1. Did your father hit you in the face full strength WITH A SHOE?
  2. Did he hit you in the stomach with a f*cking belt?
  3. Did he almost smashed your head on the table or threatening you so hard just because your font isn't like his, or because you write different than him? (This can be a disaster if you're still a child)
  4. Did he yell at you for playing in a certain way, i.e waiting for the enemy to come to you then attack, instead of being Rambo?
  5. Did he yelled at you in front of everybody just because you want a certain game that you'll pay with your money anyway?
  6. Did he used to hold you from your hands (as a child) and throw you elsewhere?
  7. Did he took away your hard earned money, as a child at least? (he did this sh*t twice)

etc. The only nice thing he did was buying a PS3.....By my own money. And the worst thing he did was bringing me to life in the first time. My life was sad ever since I was a baby.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

Now let's see.....

3. Did he almost smashed your head on the table or threatening you so hard just because your font isn't like his, or because you write different than him? (This can be a disaster if you're still a child)
  4. Did he yell at you for playing in a certain way, i.e waiting for the enemy to come to you then attack, instead of being Rambo?
  5. Did he yelled at you in front of everybody just because you want a certain game that you'll pay with your money anyway?
  6. Did he used to hold you from your hands (as a child) and throw you elsewhere?
  7. Did he took away your hard earned money, as a child at least? (he did this sh*t twice)

etc. The only nice thing he did was buying a PS3.....By my own money. And the worst thing he did was bringing me to life in the first time. My life was sad ever since I was a baby.

If your dad's as bad as you make him out to be, call the cops or social services. See where that takes you.

OT: I've kinda been suffering a mix of depression and anxiety as of late with learning how to drive to get my legit license. I'm anxious to drive and stuff but whenever I get behind the wheel, I get crazy anxious because I keep checking to make sure the car is right between the lines, my mirrors are clear, and so forth. But then whenever I, for instance, turn too wide (even if another car isn't there), I get depressed because I keep thinking of what it would be like had somebody been there in the oncoming lane and I made the turn wider than I should have.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

Good luck with that. Cops doesn't exist here. They're just human figures.

And I wish I could, or at least them taking me. I just want to end my f*cking pointless life. Ever since I was a f*cking baby and I suffered.

First I had no idea what did the nurses did to me when I was first born making my left hip grow in a wrong way. And no, according to the doctors they said when I was born I had 0 problems. Then I fell off from something that I can't remember, and somehow my front (milk) teeth were broken, and when the other ones grew/came out they were growing wrong. And thanks to my left hip I couldn't join school in time. And when I did joined school, as if you took away my dad and placed a criminal in his place. The second he see my writing he either smash my head or something else. Then my mother became sick- a breast cancer. If it weren't for her faith in God she would've died ages ago. After we traveled to this city, and the war/revolution in my country started, one of my best childhood friends had left and couldn't return back. Then I joined the worst school in history. Not even a full year and my progress in educating dropped a lot from being one of the highest students I became the sh*ttiest. Even worse with the war. Then when I was in the 1st year in High school the f*ckers that are Misrata kidnapped me, bad mistake. Should've killed me instead. But no. Then my father became even worse.

Seriously, why did you changed when I started school? You was the best human alongside my mother back that day. Why dad, why? :(

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

I hope I don't rub anyone the wrong way by coming in here and saying this, but I don't think I've ever been depressed at all. I've been through a lot of bad things and I've been poor for the majority of my life, but nothing really seems to get to me. I can shake negative emotions off very easily. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I do know that it has made life a lot easier for me so far.

• GTAfear likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Je suis Mr House

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

I've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, though I'm not sure how accurate that diagnosis is. I certainly have severe depressive episodes, but I don't seem to experience mania at all--if my understanding of mania is correct, that is. I've been on a slew of antidepressants and antipsychotics, though both just seemed to make my symptoms worse. At this point, I self-medicate with alcohol and cannabis, and while I no longer feel the urge to act on my tendencies, I still experience suicidal thoughts almost daily. I've come to the conclusion that I'll likely never act on these thoughts again, and that I more-or-less have a romanticized view of suicide, or an obsession with mortality, or some sh*t. It's not as crippling as it once was, though. It's just kinda part of my life.

OT: I've kinda been suffering a mix of depression and anxiety as of late with learning how to drive to get my legit license. I'm anxious to drive and stuff but whenever I get behind the wheel, I get crazy anxious because I keep checking to make sure the car is right between the lines, my mirrors are clear, and so forth. But then whenever I, for instance, turn too wide (even if another car isn't there), I get depressed because I keep thinking of what it would be like had somebody been there in the oncoming lane and I made the turn wider than I should have.

Just keep practicing. Turning is tough at first, but after a while, it's almost instinctual.

• universetwisters likes this

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

And I wish I could, or at least them taking me. I just want to end my f*cking pointless life. Ever since I was a f*cking baby and I suffered.

First I had no idea what did the nurses did to me when I was first born making my left hip grow in a wrong way. And no, according to the doctors they said when I was born I had 0 problems. Then I fell off from something that I can't remember, and somehow my front (milk) teeth were broken, and when the other ones grew/came out they were growing wrong. And thanks to my left hip I couldn't join school in time. And when I did joined school, as if you took away my dad and placed a criminal in his place. The second he see my writing he either smash my head or something else. Then my mother became sick- a breast cancer. If it weren't for her faith in God she would've died ages ago. After we traveled to this city, and the war/revolution in my country started, one of my best childhood friends had left and couldn't return back. Then I joined the worst school in history. Not even a full year and my progress in educating dropped a lot from being one of the highest students I became the sh*ttiest. Even worse with the war. Then when I was in the 1st year in High school the f*ckers that are Misrata kidnapped me, bad mistake. Should've killed me instead. But no. Then my father became even worse.

Seriously, why did you changed when I started school? You was the best human alongside my mother back that day. Why dad, why? :(

I feel for you. How old are you? Is there any way you can get out of Libya and would you want to? I think sh*t is about to hit the fan there. I know it seems like it already has, as the country is practically at war, but I think it's going to get a lot worse.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

Now let's see.....

4 and 5 are examples of pretty trivial points. It almost sounds like an oblivious person pissing around over a game and telling the player to do things a certain way, trying to be competitive or something. My father has done bad things before that are equal, if not, worse than points one and two but it's at a personal level that I'm not willing to cross on an internet forum. I will however say that he stole nearly 30 grand of child support money when I was very young and it left me in a pretty bad position where I was being tossed from house to house and family member to family member for a long time because no one wanted to have anything to do with me for the longest time. My father has made me a very insecure and powerless feeling person but I still have to love the guy because overall it would be a lot worse to grow up without a father and have really severe "daddy issues" for the rest of my life.

I don't know. The fact that our fathers are still around and haven't abandoned us completely is enough for me to feel appreciative. I don't know if you feel the same. :ph34r: :ph34r:

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

I feel for you. How old are you? Is there any way you can get out of Libya and would you want to? I think sh*t is about to hit the fan there. I know it seems like it already has, as the country is practically at war, but I think it's going to get a lot worse.

I still 17, and even if we escaped from our countries, where should we live? We don't know anybody outside of our country. Heck the airport is completely destroyed. The only way out is going to Tunisia, but unless you have a (plane) Traveling ticket, you can't pass.

@Above:

I would rather die and FINALLY rest instead of losing my dad. Though I couldn't give a sh*t about him. Between all the things I mentioned, the worst thing was him f*cking brining me to this sh*t called life. If suicide wasn't a one-ticket-to-Hell in my religion I would've killed myself AAAAAAAGES ago.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

I would rather die and FINALLY rest instead of losing my dad. Though I couldn't give a sh*t about him. Between all the things I mentioned, the worst thing was him f*cking brining me to this sh*t called life. If suicide wasn't a one-ticket-to-Hell in my religion I would've killed myself AAAAAAAGES ago.

As I said before, one of these days your dad's gonna be dead and you're gonna feel sh*tty for how you treated him. I still feel bummed out about my dad being dead and thinking about all the trivial stuff we'd sometimes argue over.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

As I said before, one of these days your dad's gonna be dead and you're gonna feel sh*tty for how you treated him. I still feel bummed out about my dad being dead and thinking about all the trivial stuff we'd sometimes argue over.

You forgot something friend.....

We are all gonna die.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

I still 17, and even if we escaped from our countries, where should we live? We don't know anybody outside of our country. Heck the airport is completely destroyed. The only way out is going to Tunisia, but unless you have a (plane) Traveling ticket, you can't pass.

@Above:

I hope things will get better in Libya and the rest of the muslim world where fighting is currently going on. If it does get to the point where you have no option but to leave, I hope that there are safe places that will recieve you and that you get to leave under humane conditions. Do you see any solution to this conflict? Do you take sides in it?

I've been following the news from the Islamic world closely over the past months and years, and it's absolutely insane what is happening right now. Chaos is spreading through the middle east and north Africa. Every day it gets worse. I was optimistic about the revolutions at first, but now I'm starting to think it wasn't worth it. However bad the regimes were, at least they provided stability and the revolutions have now been hijacked by groups which in some cases are undoubtedly worse than the regimes they aim to replace.

I'm from northern Europe and I hope you aren't mad at us for not doing more or for the things that we did do. We have no idea how to deal with this. We can't figure out how much responsibility we have in this and who we should support. And then of course there's the problem of refugees coming into Europe. I personally think we should be more accomodating to them, but understandably there are many who disagree. It is of course ultimately no solution to bring all the civilians over here and leave those countries to the fighting sides for them to destroy.

As for the issues with your father, I think that will get better as you get older. You will get more autonomy and more leverage over him. There will be a day when the tables are turned and you have to take care of him instead of him taking care of you. It then becomes your decision how you want to treat him, not the other way around. My father left when I was young and that's not exactly ideal either. He had/has zero authority over me and I do think I've made mistakes because of that.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

Do you see any solution to this conflict? Do you take sides in it?

My reply: Yes. By stopping the damn shooting. You aren't hitting your enemies anyways. These shots land on the poor civilians. And no. I don't follow some f*cking criminals. Just keep the f*cking shootout outside of the damn city.

I've been following the news from the Islamic world closely over the past months and years, and it's absolutely insane what is happening right now. Chaos is spreading through the middle east and north Africa. Every day it gets worse. I was optimistic about the revolutions at first, but now I'm starting to think it wasn't worth it. However bad the regimes were, at least they provided stability and the revolutions have now been hijacked by groups which in some cases are undoubtedly worse than the regimes they aim to replace.

My reply: Well, most of the countries that has revolutions are perfectly fine. The countries that has the problems are Libya [:(], Egypt (Kind of), Lebanon but they had this ages and Syria. Plus, revolutions aren't easy, especially if the certain country is new to this, AKA Libya.

I'm from northern Europe and I hope you aren't mad at us for not doing more or for the things that we did do. We have no idea how to deal with this. We can't figure out how much responsibility we have in this and who we should support. And then of course there's the problem of refugees coming into Europe. I personally think we should be more accomodating to them, but understandably there are many who disagree. It is of course ultimately no solution to bring all the civilians over here and leave those countries to the fighting sides for them to destroy.

My reply: What do you mean? Europe didn't do anything bad at all. Without counting Russia, as usual.

As for the issues with your father, I think that will get better as you get older. You will get more autonomy and more leverage over him. There will be a day when the tables are turned and you have to take care of him instead of him taking care of you. It then becomes your decision how you want to treat him, not the other way around. My father left when I was young and that's not exactly ideal either. He had/has zero authority over me and I do think I've made mistakes because of that.

My reply: I'll sure treat him well..... :evilgrin: Just wait daddy. Just wait. :^: Well, of course he did good stuff, not gonna deny that. But the bad things overcome the good things though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users