Anyone in here suffer from depression?

388 replies to this topic
Tyler
  • Tyler

bubblingbubblingbubbling

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

OT: I do suffer from depression, like I think I mentioned earlier in this thread. I don't take any medications for it, though. Those always end bad, like me imagining I'm seeing spiders and stuff.

You're either lying about the medication you're taking, or you're taking the wrong type of medication, or you're misdiagnosed. 

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Technically, yes....

I thought it said you didn't like talking about yourself or something in your profile:

OT: I do suffer from depression, like I think I mentioned earlier in this thread. I don't take any medications for it, though. Those always end bad, like me imagining I'm seeing spiders and stuff.

Those little red pills aren't that type of medication. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

You're either lying about the medication you're taking, or you're taking the wrong type of medication, or you're misdiagnosed. 

When i went to see the psychiatrist about it, she gave me a prescription to a pill which i tool and then I took a shower and imagined all these spiders coming out of nowhere. I then went back to her and told her about it, to which she told me to see all these eye doctors, get a brain scan, etc. only to figure out nothing was wrong and it was a side effect of the pill. She dropped the other pill and put me on abilify, which was fine aside from it making me crazy drowsy. 

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

I personally do not, but my girlfriend does. It is the worst part of our relationship and her. When she gets upset or depressed she always talks about breaking up with me and stupid stuff like that. And it takes her hours if not days to get out of it, no matter how hard I try. But she has made progress, when I first met her, she was cutting herself about twice per week, now she hasn't done it in over 4 months. 

qzance88
  • qzance88

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

I Think I Was Depressed At 1 Time In Life

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

I'm gonna be all the way out there...In the Wild!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

Sometimes, life is just a drag. But you feel like you care so much sometimes, but the expectations of making things better just seem so far out of reach. You want to live life so much and have all these dreams and goals of fun times but in reality things haven't come close to what you once hoped. The future seems bleak, you're living in a room, sleeping on a f*cking couch and you're hopes and dreams seem to be slowing drifting away. No signs of love, no close friends, and you really feel like there isn't a soul in the world you can connect with. Bad thoughts fill your head, but no matter how much you pray for them to go away, they remain. You lay there at night, looking up at the night sky trying to think positively, hoping you can one day be happy and worry free, but morning hits, and all those sh*tty thoughts come back. Peace, love, freedom and happiness is really all you're looking for but deep down you know it will never happen. You seem to be on a path of destruction and that's the scariest part, and no one around you has a clue.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:54 AM

Sometimes, life is just a drag. But you feel like you care so much sometimes, but the expectations of making things better just seem so far out of reach. You want to live life so much and have all these dreams and goals of fun times but in reality things haven't come close to what you once hoped. The future seems bleak, you're living in a room, sleeping on a f*cking couch and you're hopes and dreams seem to be slowing drifting away. No signs of love, no close friends, and you really feel like there isn't a soul in the world you can connect with. Bad thoughts fill your head, but no matter how much you pray for them to go away, they remain. You lay there at night, looking up at the night sky trying to think positively, hoping you can one day be happy and worry free, but morning hits, and all those sh*tty thoughts come back. Peace, love, freedom and happiness is really all you're looking for but deep down you know it will never happen. You seem to be on a path of destruction and that's the scariest part, and no one around you has a clue.

Whoa, you just described me exactly...

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

I read something on here a while ago might of been this thread. The best part of the day is when you just wake up for those few seconds you don't know who you are where you are then it all kicks in all of life's pain and disappointment
  • Sting4S and Share Sharqi like this

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

I'm gonna be all the way out there...In the Wild!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:43 AM

Whoa, you just described me exactly...

Well I was gonna say right on, but it's really not. I have seen a couple of your posts around here that I can really relate to myself man. 

Share Sharqi
  • Share Sharqi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:32 PM Edited by Share Sharqi, 03 August 2014 - 04:32 PM.

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

I suffer from depression after all the bad things I have been through in my life like parents arguing every day when I was a kid, seeing my father constantly beat up my mom almost every week as a kid, almost killed my sister when I was 13, seeing my best friend get stabbed in Junior Year of High School, reading that my good friend got shot in his hotel room for saving a kid on the news, that same year. Seeing my close friend die from lounge cancer, bad break up's, witnessed my grandmother die from terminal cancer last New Years Day in 2013. Last almost died in the lake at camp when I was 11 years old and almost died in a rip current in 2011. However ever since high school I have been seeing therapist on and off for years due to my huge depression problems. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:47 AM

I read something on here a while ago might of been this thread. The best part of the day is when you just wake up for those few seconds you don't know who you are where you are then it all kicks in all of life's pain and disappointment

Sometimes I get upset when I wake up from a dream where my life was completely different.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:53 PM Edited by Twilight Sky, 04 August 2014 - 02:55 PM.

Sometimes I get upset when I wake up from a dream where my life was completely different.

We all have those..

I tend to think of depression as a sentient parasite. It draws its strength from your desires and eats at you by making you long for things that seem out of reach.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

Life is just f*cking awful. Its all coming down around me but I can't stop it. Its like I. Trapped in a cell just watching it

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

When i went to see the psychiatrist about it, she gave me a prescription to a pill which i tool and then I took a shower and imagined all these spiders coming out of nowhere. I then went back to her and told her about it, to which she told me to see all these eye doctors, get a brain scan, etc. only to figure out nothing was wrong and it was a side effect of the pill. She dropped the other pill and put me on abilify, which was fine aside from it making me crazy drowsy. 

Have you ever thought about you depression being a result of heavy browsing this forum and playing GTA too much? Think about it, when you are looking into the screen you are basically looking into a lamp. Human eyes are not made for this. You are automatically blinking less and your eyes get dry. This will cause eye strain sooner or later. The human viewing process is heavily depending on your brain. If you have eye strain your brain must concentrate harder. The result is that you get exhausted sooner or later, eventually leading to depression. Medicamentation can help a little bit with the symptoms but can't eliminate the reason for your depression. I hope you get well soon.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

. Not to offend but that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, cen u gibe me de peprment pls?

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:51 PM Edited by theNGclan, 06 August 2014 - 12:52 PM.

Yeah, I suffer from severe depression. Given the fact I don't see my family anymore and my life as a whole is a wreck the depression just adds on to it.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by Stephan90, 06 August 2014 - 03:52 PM.

. Not to offend but that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard

It is not stupid. Why do you think so many hardcore gamers suffer from depression and anxiety? It is because the health of your eyes is linked to your mental health.

http://en.wikipedia....vision_syndrome

Another problem is that LED screens mostly emit short wavelengths of blue light (CFL bulbs do it too although to a lesser degree). This light signalizes your body that it is day and not night. That can lead to insomnia and in consequence to depression.

http://edition.cnn.c...p.gadgets.ipad/

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

I think I was a really depressed kid from 5th to 7th grade, but I've been an optimist ever since.

Damn, so many negative thoughts in this thread, haha... Seriously, can't we all be a bit more positive? Delete Facebook or Messenger or whatever similar crap on your phones so you don't check on it so often (most of you probably don't do it anyway, but I'm saying it just in case, since it sometimes makes me feel terrible), watch less TV, take a walk outside - yes, even if it's a sh*tty 10 minute walk, I don't give a sh*t, it can help, watch some inspirational videos, play some emotional games, cry - yes, crying helps a ton, let all that sh*t out, don't fu**ing worry about money so much, the point of the system is to make the common man poor while some rich asshole wipes his ass with money, money practically doesn't even exist anyway, look outside the box, "zoom out" of life a bit, life does have a meaning, it's not all "hurrdurr  thur is no point we're heer just 2 haz sechs n spread auwr geens!1!!", like The Hippie said, people have slowly started to live in rooms instead of in this world, so get out of your room, will you?

Call me naive and my pieces of advice cliche, but I believe it indeed can help.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

I used to be depressed, had depression for at least 3-4 years in total.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

Call me naive and my pieces of advice cliche, but I believe it indeed can help.

You appear fairly naive and your pieces of advice are so far gone from not being cliche they loop round for a double dose of being cliche.

Though yes, it can help, most people who others know are depressed have been told these kinds of things to a degree. And most of the time it doesn't really help, since none of it would work much without a positive outlook.

Anyway, although I do feel like I have depression - plus being told by quite a few people that I seem like I have it - I've never been to a doctor or a psychiatrist or the like so I couldn't say for sure.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

I've got nothing to live for. I'm ugly as sh*t a socially akward loner. No friends. I just wake up and and just look in the mirror. And I just see a thing its lime I'm a object with no real connection to anyone

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

Not depression.

Loneliness.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

Trust me dude I've been to doctor its depression and loneliness

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

I've got nothing to live for. I'm ugly as sh*t a socially akward loner. No friends. I just wake up and and just look in the mirror. And I just see a thing its lime I'm a object with no real connection to anyone

I feel you I'm the same way but I don't suffer from depression I just gain confidence and set the other to the side.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

What did your doctor say? Did he prescribe any solutions?

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

I recommend stop being depressed and lonely.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

Easy to say hard to implement.

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

Easy to say hard to implement.
@kevin de santa just find a hobby or learn boxing.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Broadcasting live from my mom's basement.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

I'm depressed because there is nothing to do. I'm ready for school to start back.

A little confidence can go a long way. Keep a positive attitude and have some confidence in yourself, and things will begin to look up real soon.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users