• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

Yep

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:56 PM Edited by Raindancer, 18 June 2014 - 12:56 PM.

Bipolar people- You lucky swine. I'm so sorry. Well done. That's so sad. Glad to hear it. Terrible news.

• Nlwt and theadmiral like this

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:59 PM Edited by John The Grudge, 19 June 2014 - 01:00 PM.

Imagine you lived on Sesame Street and had a stunning wife, a big d**k and a successful stall that Grover worked at and every day you stopped to speak to Oscar the grouch on your stroll to work.  On your days off work you got up to adventures.  If even this wouldn't make you happy then you're definitely depressed.  Otherwise then you're just unhappy because of your situation and you need to stop being lazy and do something about it.

Guelah Papyrus
  • Guelah Papyrus

90% of everything is crap.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:38 AM

Be careful, it's easy to confuse depression with just feeling a bit bummed out.

I think a good many people in this thread could learn from this. Situational depression sucks, but it's different than chemical depression. I suffer from the latter. Once it kicked in some 10 years ago, everything, no matter how fun, engaging, exciting, etc, feels like a worn shoe. Like you've been there before, preventing you from experiencing it to the fullest. My life is pretty much awesome (job, wife, house, etc - we don't want for much), but the malaise is just always there. I liken it to walking through syrup. Just sucks.

Cool thread btw.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:35 AM

Something that's long been worrying me for a while, and it's quite a complex situation.

The first thing is that feeling happy just feels wrong to me. Whenever I'm in an upbeat mood I feel like it's just not me, can be nice and help people all I want, but it just doesn't feel like it's within me to do. I don't know how to describe it, it's just very discomforting to think.

Yet if I'm in a pissed off/cynical mood, in which I treat everyone (regardless of whether I know them or not) like sh*t I feel like it's within the boundaries of my personality to do. Yet it does nothing but run me into the ground. I'm normally too angry or cynical to sleep at night, function right or do anything without losing my sh*t at someone or something. Yet it still helps me feel like me.

It may have to do with the fact on one side of my family I have a history of bipolar disorder and on the other a history of schizophrenia. No matter what I do or how I feel, something just doesn't click the way it should with any other human being.
  • MGT86 and Alex Wesker like this

MythicalCreature
  • MythicalCreature

My wings are useless

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

I do have a mild sense of depression every once in a while, but it gets worse on certain occasions. Not doing what I want, or doing what I don't want, going against my will without choice, etcetra etcetra. There is only one thing behind all of this though. It's not the life, it's the education system.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

I think I'm developing depression again. I don't enjoy the things I used to do anymore and I'm so bored, so irritable. It just sucks.

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:29 AM Edited by LOES, 18 July 2014 - 02:29 AM.

I'm pretty sure I have it when I'm attending uni, all symptoms are those which the members have listed. The stress gets to me since I'm taking a subject which can be deemed one of the most difficult for an undergrad degree.

My friend went to doctor and got serotonin pills, but I haven't and just kinda let it run its course throughout the school year. Being depressed sucks.

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

WHY AM I STILL GETTING HATE?

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

I've been depressed for about 2-3 years.

It sucks, and it especially got really bad last year.

Barely any friends.. no best friends.. parents that I'm convinced never even wanted to give birth to me (I am the last child after all).

It really does suck, I'm really dependent on people, I need someone to listen to my problems and to be there for me, but I don't have anybody. 

I suppose that's what I get for being so weak. :)

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

Barely any friends.. no best friends.. parents that I'm convinced never even wanted to give birth to me (I am the last child after all).
It really does suck, I'm really dependent on people, I need someone to listen to my problems and to be there for me, but I don't have anybody. 

Lean on Internet friends?

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:52 AM

The self diagnosing is real.

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

Hey, I am part of this forum, aren't I?

I doubt anyone on here would want to be my 'best friend' though, lol.

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

PM me whenever you feel the need to talk / vent bro

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:02 AM

PM me whenever you feel the need to talk / vent bro

Appreciate it. :)

• LOES likes this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

Last few years have just been awful. I'm like the most socially awkward person on the planet. And anxiety. I hate being in big groups of people. Tbh the only thing I'm really interested in Is watching reading and writing about is wrestling I mean how sad Is that. The worst thing is I don't think it will ever get better
  • Alchemist likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

This summer consisted of 7 weeks and I think the number of days I've been out of the house is only 15 or less. How pathetic is that. No matter how much I want to go somewhere, I can't. Nobody wants to go anywhere and it just depresses me. I'm not a very sociable person but being out of the house is like a recharge to me. I like going places, especially in the summer, and I've taken up a photography hobby a few months ago. I'm just depressed, this is too much. It doesn't help that my house isn't ever silent either, people are always making irritating noises so it's not like I get any peace and quiet. I've felt like I've been having a few mental breakdowns lately. I just lose all hope and become very irritable and can't even look at anybody without looking pissed off.

• Alchemist likes this

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Lesotho

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

Suffered from it for roughly 2 years now. Also have quite severe anxiety issues. They're caused by a condition that's affected me every single day of my life for the past 7 years and there's very little treatment for it. It truly sucks. Some days are far worse than others.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:55 AM

No i'm pretty happy, always.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:16 AM

I only get depressed when bored, or just lonely. I'm beginning to become depressed again, as school is starting in September. I haven't done anything at all this Summer.. I wish I had a friend to hang out with or something. I too, have also taken up a photography hobby a while back. I just don't have an inspiration anymore, and I don't think any of my photos are that good looking, anyway. 

• Scaglietti likes this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:07 AM

I don't really have any friends either one thing that helped me was just writing my thoughts on paper. Really kinda put things into perspective not a diary it was just like I'm my own bst friend I know that sounds sad but it s helping me

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

This summer consisted of 7 weeks and I think the number of days I've been out of the house is only 15 or less. How pathetic is that. No matter how much I want to go somewhere, I can't. Nobody wants to go anywhere and it just depresses me. I'm not a very sociable person but being out of the house is like a recharge to me. I like going places, especially in the summer, and I've taken up a photography hobby a few months ago. I'm just depressed, this is too much. It doesn't help that my house isn't ever silent either, people are always making irritating noises so it's not like I get any peace and quiet. I've felt like I've been having a few mental breakdowns lately. I just lose all hope and become very irritable and can't even look at anybody without looking pissed off.

do you try making friends?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

do you try making friends?

I have people that I talk to at school but we don't do anything outside of school, and most of them were people a grade above me anyways. I'm not a very sociable person, as I already said, and I'm usually introverted. I like to do stuff with my family or by myself most of the time but most of the time I can't. Today was different however, I finally got out of the house and enjoyed it.

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:11 AM Edited by frankenstein107, 23 July 2014 - 11:12 AM.

Mi lief right here.

I don't go out because I don't really have friends. Nobody likes me and stuff, and I already screwed up (well, she did too) with an ex-best/close friend.

I pretty much learned my lesson - I don't deserve anybody and that I should depend only and only on myself.

Edit: I remember when I was having a mental breakdown during school days.. lmao no one gave a flying f*ck, even though it was obvious I was f*cking dying inside.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

dude no one needs to bring out their son everyday man. i think you need to try to socialize more. i understand you i don't like people neither. but i always have one or two good friends. and school is a good platform for finding that. it might be too late when the school is over.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

I hate looking at myself In the mirror I just see a skinny depressed ugly loser
  • IveGotNoValues likes this

MGT86
  • MGT86

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

I currently suffer from depression ever since i was 10 so nearly 7 years now, i was born in a drug and alcohol fueled violence mother and father i nearly died when i was 2 thanks to a brick getting thrown at me and well it hasn't been the easiest time for me but i must say that it has been much better than what it once was, when i was 8-9 i was forcibly raped by an old friend or so i thought, he got away with it and is now in a gang, since i have spoken about it i have received death threats but because i am in one of the most powerful family's of my town, he can't touch me, my mum physically,mentally and emotionally abused me when i was 5 and has ever since till around now, it has been tough she was an ice addict and a drug dealer, this may not seem much of a problem but for a kid who's friends could do everything and finding out the lies which hurt me in many ways as well as seeing the successful side of my family just made me not cope, i became suicidal, stopped eating, tried choking, tried drowning but my will power was just too strong to push on, i was once the lonely kid at school always down, but i then started to get counselling which helped me quite a bit cope with the problems i had and yes they come back they always will and with that new problems arise, my grandmother is currently sick and my pop, so they are both on their last legs which is really sad because my nan is my soul mate but she is slowly going which is really hard to cope with at the moment, i currently have been talking with my GP and she will give me anti-depressants and counselling to help me get through and i don't need this right now i am in yr11 heading to 12  one of the biggest moments in my life and my head is just f*cked, i am still self concious though not as bad as what i used to be, the things that help me get through is friends my routine and success because no matter what happens in your life, the world will keep going so you just have to push on, and i have faith i am a Christian from my own choice and look at the same time i could be a lot worse, i could be back in the area i was in before so i have been slowly improving and no matter how hard it is, you sometimes just need to look up and ahead and though it may not seem it, life will get better it will.  

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

Technically, yes....

I thought it said you didn't like talking about yourself or something in your profile:

OT: I do suffer from depression, like I think I mentioned earlier in this thread. I don't take any medications for it, though. Those always end bad, like me imagining I'm seeing spiders and stuff.

Tyler
  • Tyler

tempora labuntur

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

OT: I do suffer from depression, like I think I mentioned earlier in this thread. I don't take any medications for it, though. Those always end bad, like me imagining I'm seeing spiders and stuff.

You're either lying about the medication you're taking, or you're taking the wrong type of medication, or you're misdiagnosed. 

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Technically, yes....

I thought it said you didn't like talking about yourself or something in your profile:

Those little red pills aren't that type of medication. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

You're either lying about the medication you're taking, or you're taking the wrong type of medication, or you're misdiagnosed. 

When i went to see the psychiatrist about it, she gave me a prescription to a pill which i tool and then I took a shower and imagined all these spiders coming out of nowhere. I then went back to her and told her about it, to which she told me to see all these eye doctors, get a brain scan, etc. only to figure out nothing was wrong and it was a side effect of the pill. She dropped the other pill and put me on abilify, which was fine aside from it making me crazy drowsy. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users