Photo

Anyone in here suffer from depression?

388 replies to this topic
Coat.
  • Coat.

homage

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:28 AM Edited by Coat., 25 May 2014 - 02:30 AM.

No. Depression is for lazy people that don't know how or don't want to deal with their life situation.

No, depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain from the lack of serotonin being produced.
  • *MURDOC*, gtamann123, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and 4 others like this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Death to the Bourgeoisie - Long live Anarchy

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:46 AM

depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain from the lack of serotonin being produced.

Not necessarily.

Coat.
  • Coat.

homage

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain from the lack of serotonin being produced.

Not necessarily.

Would you like to elaborate?

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Death to the Bourgeoisie - Long live Anarchy

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

Not necessarily.

I don't think such a position considers depression as a response to external stimuli, such as the loss of a loved one, the loss of a job, etc.

Coat.
  • Coat.

homage

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:21 AM Edited by Coat., 25 May 2014 - 03:23 AM.

Not necessarily.
I don't think such a position considers depression as a response to external stimuli, such as the loss of a loved one, the loss of a job, etc.
That can actually trigger the inbalance. The person may have the depression being an underlying issue but is emphasied when faced with grief.

But is it an inbalance of serotonin.
  • *MURDOC* likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:01 AM

I'm going through that state of mind involving the feeling of purposelessness again. There are times when I just think to myself, "Why was I even interested in all of this? It doesn't even really make me happy or get me closer to where I want to be."

I just lose interest in everything sometimes. I wish I would stop feeling this way.

I get this feeling a lot as well, but as the other guy suggested I actually write to relieve myself.  It's become a strong hobby of mine writing short stories and fan-fictions whenever I'm feeling down as it gives me a strong feeling of accomplishment, especially when I share them with others and they enjoy them as well.  Most of this feeling comes from classes though as I don't enjoy college yet, but I just remember I'm taking the beginning classes which are usually boring.  When I get to make more choices, then I know it'll pick up for me.

I suffered strong depression in high school shortly after I lost my father.  I ended up attempting suicide but the overdose didn't work and I'm very thankful that it didn't.  Not only do I enjoy life right now, but if I had ended up dying it would have been the most selfish act I can think of, as I would have left my mother all alone, both her husband and daughter gone.  Whenever I get depressed I just remember that the depression will be temporary.  I always look to the future and like to imagine I'll become successful.  Not filthy rich or anything like that, I'll just be living a good life, married, and set in a nice beautiful home throughout the rest of my years.  My mind then fills with a strong sense of motivation and faith, getting the depression out of me.  It's a wonderful thing.

The Truth '92
  • The Truth '92

Out there.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:05 AM

I usually get seasonal depression in the winter. I guess it's just part of life in New England for a lot of people. I usually try to busy myself doing things I like (when I'm not at work). Playing video games with friends, playing the piano, taking my dog for a walk..things that relax me. Sometimes TV can be a good distraction for me as well.

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:41 AM

Yes, approaching on severe depression, and have suffered with it on some level for as long as I can remember. I guess I've gotten good at covering it up, a lot of people are shocked to learn the depths of this as it pertains to me.

• Sw1ft562 likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:55 PM Edited by Fireman, 25 May 2014 - 12:56 PM.

Yeah, I'm not necessarily what you would call depressed but I also have that feeling of purposelessness.

Has to do mainly with being unemployed for the last 3 months and getting a lot of rejections (and that all these rejections are about how I did not choose the right jobs and that I would never fit into the kind of jobs I'm currently applying to). I even had a job interview which felt more like a job coach than an actual interview.

My last job interview was last Tuesday and came down to them having to decline me because "I wouldn't be happy in that function", otherwise I did everything perfect. So that's a pretty sh*tty blow.

Heathstrife
  • Heathstrife

It's good to be back!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:39 PM Edited by Heathstrife, 25 May 2014 - 02:39 PM.

Yeah. Sad part is, I'm only turning 15. I can be described by basically everything you described yourself

sad, anti social, tired, and never feel like doing anything.

I feel bored, not sure what to do, I wanna feel alive, but I just can't. There's just this sadness that comes from nowhere. And most of the time I like to be alone, even though I don't wanna. Understand me?

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

Yeah. Sad part is, I'm only turning 15. I can be described by basically everything you described yourself

I feel bored, not sure what to do, I wanna feel alive, but I just can't. There's just this sadness that comes from nowhere. And most of the time I like to be alone, even though I don't wanna. Understand me?

That's just called 'being a teenager'. Keep yourself active and engaged with people as you grow up and you won't fall into depressive patterns of behaviour. You'll be fine, being a moody anxious bastard is par for the course from 13 onwards.

Heathstrife
  • Heathstrife

It's good to be back!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

Oh, well that's certainly good to know. I like hanging around people, though most of the I don't as I think they hate me or something, lol. But when I do, I have fun with them and they seem to like me. I just can't stop the thought of them hating me. One of the causes of me being depressed.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

you just sound insecure. you most probably have no reason to feel that about yourself, we all have moments like that mate

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

Everyone is like this. Ride the wave you'll come out a better person hopefully.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

It's not like anyone cares anyway

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

I feel stupid, all I do is eat massive amount of junk, browse the internet, jerking off, and crying, never felt like doing anything cause it never works.

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

you all want to laugh?  

i didnt bother trying to find a female for 5 years. i didnt wanna be played again. 

420 weekend came along and so did someone else.... someone who fooled me pretty good. but she also proved me right. 

whatevers convenient for them at the time. 

long story short.. im out on somebody who was like a big brother to me.. and the girl...... well.... i cant say i didnt know what type of girl she was... ive known her for 9 years. i thought i would be good for her cause at the rate shes goin, (meds/alcohol/mindstate) i dont see her living for that many more years. which is why i felt so obligated to talk to her in the first place..and also because i knew how much she liked me all these years. (its like she was ready to drop her panties every time she seen me.. sh*t was weird. i aint nothin special. but im now sure shes like that around every guy she meets) 

this also goes to show that most guys dont care... even if they are family or like family to you. 

(i didnt witness anything ''graphic'' but what i did witness..was enough to let me know what it is and what it isnt.)

Heathstrife
  • Heathstrife

It's good to be back!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:16 AM Edited by Heathstrife, 26 May 2014 - 01:16 AM.

@Vercetti27. Yeah I guess so. But I do have my reasons, waaaay back when I was a kid. Everyone was like, against me. lol

@johnny_zoo. That's what I'm trying to do, 30% of the time I fail. xD

@Sw1ft562. You probably won't listen to me since I'm only turning 15 and sh*t but damn, that's like, the same girl who I was with. Hard to find girls which aren't like that these days. Don't like it one bit. Selfish motherf*cker getting mad when I'm with hanging out with other girls but she gets mad too when I get mad about her being with other guys, wtf. So yeah, didn't bother finding a girl since a year ago, after the break up. BUT WHO THE HELL CARES I WAS ONLY 14. 

It seems like every f*cken' problem you guys have I have lolololol.

Pete4000uk
  • Pete4000uk

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

I am an anxiety sufferer which sometimes leads to a few dodgy days.

I wouldn't take the pi$$ out of someone with depression any more than I would take the pi$$ out of someone with cancer.

Fuc-tuo
  • Fuc-tuo

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

I suffer from depression, I've gone for help in the past but i could never go into detail,with me being sixteen they would have to tell my parents and considering i'm a dissapointment already, i didn't want to make things worse. Sure, some days are worse thsn others, I do have a on/off istory with self harm and suicidal thoughts but i just usually shut myself in my room doing nothing. It's made me come to the conclusion that i really do hate myself. This has been going on for a few years now with no sign of it stopping.

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

Lord of the Thighs

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:53 PM Edited by Mikeol1987, 26 May 2014 - 12:54 PM.

I've been bouncing backward n forward with depression since I was diagnosed with Depression & Anxiety around 17. I am 26 now, and I still have months, days and weeks even that I feel completely isolated, demotivated and tired just like other people here. I also have always (since I can remember) looked in the mirror and thought it wasn't me in the reflection, I don't... I don't recognize myself sometimes, I really don't... and I stare at myself and I think who am i? what am I going to do? it feels like I'm mean't for something a bit greater than just f*cking around in a sh*t job, and I think its not being able to tell exactly what that is, and why I am so confused with my own image that brings about my down times.

I think somewhere I am Bi-polar because I have days, or half days almost (they never last long enough) where I feel I can take on anything, and the world, and still be beaming happy at the end of it. but that happens so rarely now its not even funny.

I'd struggled to keep my mind in the right place when I was doing 12 hour night shifts at a glass factory, and I think that brought back my most recent bout that I've been fighting with.

I think as soon as I can get into some full time work again I will start to feel better. Debt problems are also a major cause of why I feel so low. but if anyone here is UK as well, I'm sure they can sympathize with the cost of living at the moment and why it would effect a person with depression. (especially as I live alone in my own Flat)

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

No. Depression is for lazy people that don't know how or don't want to deal with their life situation.

Tell that to the deposits of heavy metals in my brain.

• Coat. likes this

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

I feel stupid, all I do is eat massive amount of junk, browse the internet, jerking off, and crying, never felt like doing anything cause it never works.

Same.

• gtamann123 and Melchior like this

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:12 AM

How much are you like this girl, EphemeralStar

rK9tTFo.gif

• *MURDOC* and EphemeralStar like this

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

We are two peas in a pod.  :catloaf:

• JIMHO likes this

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:51 AM Edited by Flynny, 28 May 2014 - 08:52 AM.

No, depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain from the lack of serotonin being produced.

That would explain a lot given how my diet is less carbohydratey and more proteiney now, maybe I should eat some bananas then :) thanks for the indirect tip.

Awww then that fan throwing a banana at Dani Alves was just trying to cheer him up :') (I am joking)

• Mikeol1987 and JIMHO like this

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

Smiley faces mean you're joking. That image I posted cheered me up. 

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

That statement might have been a bit blunt but it makes sense. Most people are depressed at some point in their life and a lot of them get over it by themselves, by doing something about their situation. Of course depression has to do with chemicals in the brain but that doesn't mean you can't do something about it yourself instead of resorting to drugs that can have nasty side effects. You're not dealing with the cause by taking drugs, you're dealing with the physical manifestation of your actual problem (which may in fact be your attitude about your life). Your statement seems to imply that depression is unavoidable because it is a chemical imbalance, but that can't always be true. Not all people are clinically depressed.

One way of reducing stress and anxiety (states of mind that lead to depression or are part of it) is meditation. One of the most common forms of that is mindfulness and there is quite a bit of research that shows the kind of benefits you can get from it. I found out about this in late 2012 and it helped me overcome my depression up until recently when I had two panic attacks. The problem was that even though I knew my problems weren't actually real (at least not to the extent that the voice in my head was telling me) or things that I could do anything about, I wasn't doing it on a regular basis and that small amount of practice didn't prepare me for more tense situations. Ever since I started doing it on a regular basis (about two weeks ago, I currently practice mindfulness and mettā (compassion meditation)) I got rid of most of the stress and anxiety I felt and now I'm quite calm most of the time.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:47 AM

Smiley faces mean you're joking.

Good to know.

By the way, I hope the chickens you molest for your egg fetish rise up and peck your corneas out. I hate you more than aids.

:)

• Bartleby, *MURDOC*, Audiophile and 2 others like this

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Smiley faces mean you're joking.

Good to know.

By the way, I hope the chickens you molest for your egg fetish rise up and peck your corneas out. I hate you more than aids.

:)

Good thing you're joking!

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

Or am I?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Decipher that one.

• *MURDOC* and JIMHO like this