Photo

Anyone in here suffer from depression?

388 replies to this topic
Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Get laid. That's usually an effective remedy for sprucing me up when I have the blues. And if you're an ugly f*cker, hire a prostitute. My nearest port of shag-shopping is Leith docks in Edinburgh, but it's particularly difficult trying to locate a hooker who doesn't have a syringe hanging out of her eyeball.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

Yes, pretty badly. I get it from my mother and grandfather. 

It got pretty bad for me after high school because I just gave up on life and let myself go. I dropped out of community college and put on a ton of weight. I got a job at a gas station then quit, and after that I spent 6 months of my life living in my parents basement, doing nothing but going on the internet and playing games.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Get laid. That's usually an effective remedy for sprucing me up when I have the blues. And if you're an ugly f*cker, hire a prostitute. My nearest port of shag-shopping is Leith docks in Edinburgh, but it's particularly difficult trying to locate a hooker who doesn't have a syringe hanging out of her eyeball.

You obviously have no idea what depression is if you believe it's just "feeling blue".

• tokyocean likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Don't talk to me about depression. I was married for 8 years.

• livejoker, Finn 7 five 11 and PaletoChickenCapo like this

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

^ Lol, not that kind of depression.

NightHawkx187x
  • NightHawkx187x

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Couldn't find this topic being discussed in the search bar so I would figure I would ask.  

I've been suffering from it for about 4-5 years now.  I never really wanted to kill myself but I do feel down quite a bit and the feeling kinda sucks.  I become sad, anti social, tired, and never feel like doing anything.  I never really took medication for it because the depression comes in waves and is never really consistent.  

What about any of you guys?  Anyone in here suffer from depression?  How do you cope with it and get past it?

Check out Elliott Hulse on YouTube..

• Irviding likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

It got pretty bad for me after high school because I just gave up on life and let myself go. I dropped out of community college and put on a ton of weight. I got a job at a gas station then quit, and after that I spent 6 months of my life living in my parents basement, doing nothing but going on the internet and playing games.

You don't realize how lucky you were for those 6 months. I would kill to have that life. I wish I had middle class parents who would let me live in their basement for free and play games and go in the Internet all day. But I have to work all the time to support my mom. So it's like roles are reversed for me these days.but I still wish I could have had your life man.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

You don't realize how lucky you were for those 6 months. I would kill to have that life. I wish I had middle class parents who would let me live in their basement for free and play games and go in the Internet all day. But I have to work all the time to support my mom. So it's like roles are reversed for me these days.but I still wish I could have had your life man.

It was actually a hell. Monotony and no reason to leave the house made me want to kill myself at points. I didn't have the energy to get off my ass and get a job and my parents were too easy on me. The only thing I miss about those days is being able to sleep in until 4PM if I wanted to.

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by M4RK, 14 October 2013 - 03:24 AM.

Couldn't find this topic being discussed in the search bar so I would figure I would ask.  

I've been suffering from it for about 4-5 years now.  I never really wanted to kill myself but I do feel down quite a bit and the feeling kinda sucks.  I become sad, anti social, tired, and never feel like doing anything.  I never really took medication for it because the depression comes in waves and is never really consistent.  

What about any of you guys?  Anyone in here suffer from depression?  How do you cope with it and get past it?

The way you described it is the also the way i have been feeling since about 2007. The only difference is that at certain points i have given serious thought to suicide and do every few months or so. Do i want to die? No thats probably why i have never attempted suicide but its always in the back of my mind.

Yeah I'm kind of the same way.  I go through these even deeper depressive modes where I keep thinking, yeah I should kill myself, but those are only thoughts.  I could never bring myself to actually doing it but just thinking about it makes me question my sanity.  

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Used to, then I started drinking a lot more heavy and all my cares went away. Now all I do is not give a f*ck.

Also vitamins, started drinking those, my energy came back and the depression somewhat receded.

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

I wouldn't say I suffer from depression, but I do have moments when I feel purposeless as if I don't know what to live for. I suddenly lose all interest in what I'm usually into. I deal with social anxiety, but I'm starting to get over it after forcing myself to believe that it's simply not worth worrying about what others think of me. Honestly, I can't name a single friend whom I talk to regularly. The last time I had a good, trusted friend whom I felt comfortable talking to about everything was back in middle school, but that was it.

I was very demotivated in high school, thinking my grades simply wouldn't make the cut to any of the colleges I wanted to attend. I basically gave up. For quite some time, I resorted to video games to ease my sadness, and that seemed to help a lot. I don't play video games much anymore, but that's due to the fact that I don't want to distract myself from the classes I'm taking at a community college by purchasing new video games.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

My advice for those who feel miserable, lonely, depressed or whatever is to adopt a strict routine that includes going a for a walk each day, eating healthy, doing chores, keeping your home very tidy and being smart with your money.

Don't blow your money on useless stuff.  If you follow the above advice then chances are you'll have more disposable income anyway.  Save a bit of money each month but make sure you have enough to do something with your friends a couple times a month without having to worry about money.

It's also important to call your friends up for a blether quite often.  On those weekends when you have nothing to do then make yourself a nice breakfast (sausages etc) and a nice dinner.  Keep yourself busy but away from alcohol.  Think about what you and your friends will do next weekend.

Sometimes some beer and a movie are cool though.  My go-to cheer up movies are Animal House, Karate Kid, Police Academy and Big Trouble In Little China.

Basically though I find that the best way to battle unhappiness is with a strict routine that you stick to.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

I miss my first love. That's the reason...:(

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

Been feeling a bit down these last 2 weeks. I guess listening to Radiohead doesn't help at all lol but yeah i overthink things and worry. Like today i was thinking about whether i'd be alone forever cause i haven't had a girlfriend or got much action throughout college so far. And i'm lazy to workout and lazy with school but i'm trying to do better. Also i'm worried whether i chose the right major and where my future is headed. I just hope it all works out in the end. Lot of stress. But it's a phase and it'll pass

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Fear to face a situation makes up for depression.

Why do you feel tired?
Take a challenge, face it, ignore the world and never pull back to make things easy. You will feel confident.

I have tried this and it works.

Never let any one influence or take control over you, it is the beginning of a feeling that invites depression in the long run.

Just chill, stay the way you are happy, focus on progressing in life by job, studies or being social and meeting new people and learning from them.

IMO online and internet has made people more lazy and self centred than actually spending more time out in the open world where the real test of life awaits.
Needless to say, spend less time on computer and more in the fresh air outside.
That will solve it

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

I never have experienced depression really... only during Winter (ironic, eh) I do feel a bit down and tired, but that's because the Winters are kind of dark here in the North. I'm pretty sure it'd be different in somewhere like California or wherever it's sunny most of the time.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

I never have experienced depression really... only during Winter (ironic, eh) I do feel a bit down and tired, but that's because the Winters are kind of dark here in the North. I'm pretty sure it'd be different in somewhere like California or wherever it's sunny most of the time.

Hate to be that guy, but that isn't ironic, that's coincidence.

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:17 AM Edited by Detained, 23 October 2013 - 12:12 PM.

Hi all i want to keep this short i felt this topic had an impact on me let me share what i go through each day.

I have depression i take medication each day to help lift me up but some times it doesn't help at all its hard to escape negativity i also have anxiety

I have very broad perspective of today 2013 nothing and i mean Nothing! gives me any enjoyment i just try and think ok maybe this is cool and try to enjoy it i grew up in the era of Grunge music 

Nirvana was the all time best band later down the years i was in to Korn slipknot ect  and the music was my answer to where im at with life even still to this day , i don't like to put my self out there 

i am not a people person meaning i like doing things  solo but with family behind me for support , i can't stand adapting to change i miss the 90's very much for me the best times 

in my life hanging out with friends smoking pot all that getting up to no good  and skating the streets i didn't even know depression even existed back than i had no idea at all i was just  having fun

and enjoying it i was still shy to put my self out there to people but i managed to do it okay. I will finish with saying ill go as far as saying i have tried church and finding hope and a reason to not give 

up life but 2013 right now these days are bleak and there in no enjoyment its just struggle to continue living i wanted to keep this short sorry guys.

I leave you with this song.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:21 AM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 24 October 2013 - 01:23 AM.

A psychiatrist I used to see once mentioned I may have depression although I never went back as I was afraid of finding out I may suffer from the illness.

I'm contemplating seeing a doctor as my mental and physical health is getting worse and worse.

sneety
  • sneety

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

The way you described it is the also the way i have been feeling since about 2007. The only difference is that at certain points i have given serious thought to suicide and do every few months or so. Do i want to die? No thats probably why i have never attempted suicide but its always in the back of my mind.

Yeah I'm kind of the same way.  I go through these even deeper depressive modes where I keep thinking, yeah I should kill myself, but those are only thoughts.  I could never bring myself to actually doing it but just thinking about it makes me question my sanity.  

I have had it for a pretty long time also, sometime before I turned 13 maybe? (19 now).  Medication really only does so much for me :/ Sucks feeling really unsatisfied with life.

Jinkla
  • Jinkla

Casablanket

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

No way.

Feelings are for chumps.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:59 PM Edited by Chukkles, 25 October 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Completely Undiagnosed.
Yes, I suffer from depression.
When it first started I didn't know what it was.
I hid it from everyone and pretty much still do.
Most people just can't understand and act as if its my own fault and I should just be different.

I've dealt with it myself since I was 7 years old, I am now 28.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

We all suffer from it, one way or another.

not me :pp

we all get sad sometimes. that's perfectly normal.

but we don't "all suffer" from depression. that's not true.

most people don't suffer from depression. it's a minority issue.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

I spent alot of years sleeping 15-18 hours a day. (Just one of the things with me).
I couldn't face anyone or anything.
I've worked on and off, but it ends in the same way with me getting so overwhelmed with things I End up quitting.
I'm working now, 3 years in, I can barely sleep 12 hours anymore.
Still get pretty down but that's never going to change. It's more engrained into the way I think and am than just a chemical balance.
I work alone at night which kind of helps, I have to serve customers and I guess another thing with me is unable to really talk to people and get to know them, (though I've always had friends, I don't tell them my deepest stuff), but this job has helped my confidence alot in that respect.
I can actually be assertive when I need, I can approach random strangers and talk to them.

I don't really know what I'm getting at here so I'll stop.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

We all suffer from it, one way or another.

not me :pp

we all get sad sometimes. that's perfectly normal.

but we don't "all suffer" from depression. that's not true.

most people don't suffer from depression. it's a minority issue.

Agreed.

I've never had issues with depression, nor has anyone close to me.  

I think the term "depression" might get tossed around too much these days.

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

I'm going through that state of mind involving the feeling of purposelessness again. There are times when I just think to myself, "Why was I even interested in all of this? It doesn't even really make me happy or get me closer to where I want to be."

I just lose interest in everything sometimes. I wish I would stop feeling this way.

Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

I think I've had it for a couple of years but it's inconsistent. For example, two months ago I recovered from a really bad period in which I constantly felt bad for about five months. It comes back every now and then I hate it because it literally feels like my mind had a weight in it.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Proletarian-funkadelicparliamentarian

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

I'm going through that state of mind involving the feeling of purposelessness again. There are times when I just think to myself, "Why was I even interested in all of this? It doesn't even really make me happy or get me closer to where I want to be."

I just lose interest in everything sometimes. I wish I would stop feeling this way.

For what it's worth, the way you feel is totally normal, and many people--myself included--feel/have felt the same way at one point or another--not that it makes the way you feel any less significant, but you're certainly not alone.. I don't really think there's any easy remedy or go-to plan, but a change in lifestyle could be beneficial. Have you considered maybe investing your time in a new hobby? Or perhaps taking up writing, or picking up an instrument? I know it can be incredibly difficult, but have you tried speaking to friends or family about the way you feel?

• tokyocean likes this

Panz
  • Panz

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:55 AM Edited by Panz, 25 May 2014 - 12:55 AM.

I think the term "depression" might get tossed around too much these days.

Why do you think that? Many people would agree that just about everyone suffers from depression at some point in their lives. Life isn't easy. It can be wonderful, but it throws us curveballs and sometimes it's difficult to deal with that. Major depression or MDD is a much different thing, but regular depression is quite common. For example, it's a major stage of grief, which is usually indicative of a rough breakup or a loss of a loved one, something which most of us have experienced. I think we can all agree that times aren't too happy directly after such events. 

I had a pretty bad bout of depression a few years back when my family went under, but I've been able to focus my negative energy on academics and myself, and overall, it's been a strengthening experience. None of you should be thinking of yourselves as weak if you're suffering from depression. It's a very human experience, and thinking negatively about yourselves because of it will only make you feel worse. Focus on keeping yourselves busy by striving towards achieving small (or large) goals, and some of the satisfaction you get from achieving them will help you get back on track and remember why life can be so great. Try not to waste your time sitting there wondering why this is happening to you and instead be proactive and seek the help or whatever else you need to at least help you get out of that slump. 

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:12 AM Edited by tokyocean, 25 May 2014 - 02:14 AM.

For what it's worth, the way you feel is totally normal, and many people--myself included--feel/have felt the same way at one point or another--not that it makes the way you feel any less significant, but you're certainly not alone.. I don't really think there's any easy remedy or go-to plan, but a change in lifestyle could be beneficial. Have you considered maybe investing your time in a new hobby? Or perhaps taking up writing, or picking up an instrument? I know it can be incredibly difficult, but have you tried speaking to friends or family about the way you feel?

Thank you for the help. I actually ended up taking a walk, and the highlight of it was getting to see the beautiful exteriors of homes, pricey-looking cars parked on their driveways, and imagining how great the interior must be. I'm not materialistic or superficial by any means, but I do like the idea of fulfilling the so-called American Dream. No one should have to destroy themselves mentally, physically, and emotionally to get there, and it's just tragic how many are left in despair because they haven't attained that lifestyle. I'm nineteen, and I've been thinking about my future a lot. I just really hope I manage to have the lifestyle I want. I consider myself spiritual, and I know what the more important aspects of life are. It's not all about how big your house is, how much money you have, or how fast your car can go. However, to live leisurely with not much of a concern about your own financial welfare or any other worries at all, unfortunately, it takes money for that in our society.

I really just want to see myself married to the woman of my dreams, raising a few kids with her, and living in a roomy house with more than enough space. I want to be stress-free. Thus, that walk really reminded me of something in the future to look forward to. I'm sorry if it seems as though I was rambling all along. I just wanted to get my thoughts out so you know exactly what I was thinking of.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users