Quantcast

» «
Photo

This money sh*t is ridiculous. Really R*?

56 replies to this topic
THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

I never really had beef with the micro-transitions, infact before today, I was kinda thinking about buying one. In the future, I still might, but for awhile now? I won't be. 

This is some old bull sh*t. So let me get this straight. 

1. You take out the basic replay feature. Which I kinda understand with people exploiting it to gain sh*t too quickly. Then again, I also think R* handled it patheticly. Could've just took down the amount of cash you gain with each replay, or.. y'know. You could make the missions that are worth 8k-9k a bit harder. It seems the harder missions pay less than the easy ones, but whatever. Great balancing. 

2. I don't know if this is true, so this is just something I could've messed up. Wasn't the sniper rifle once 15k? It's now 19k. I could've swore it was 15k. Prices on gun raise up? That's kinda ridiculous. 

3. Some other poster mentioned how cars sell for less. Really don't know about that, so this isn't holding much of an argument. 

4. TAKING AWAY THE GIVE CASH OPTION. f*cking really? Really? What the f*ck was the point of that? So, basically, if I want to give money to someone who I accidently killed, or give money to my friend that I got from a assasination and I  can't even do that? Why? Because some people gave too much to their friends.

It's really honestly starting to seem R* only wants you to buy microtransitions to succeed, and that's it. The fact someone can pay a measly 15 [?] bucks [Heard that was the price.], to get the top apartment or car, and that's it? Oh, but f*ck farming right? That's too much. 

I know they need money to continue, but I feel lke they're almost going too far. 

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

I'm just holding out for heists. Until then this is a sh*tty broken game.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

1. Yes, very stupid.

2. I'm not sure but I know that the most expensive motorcycle the Pegassi Bati was once 10k and now it is 15k... so I wouldn't be too surprised if you are remembering the price of the sniper correctly.

3. I don't think that's true.

4. That's gone!? Are you f*cking kidding me -_-

As it appears Rockstar is caring more at this point about whether or not we can progress in the game, which it looks like they want us to play for a week before we have enough money to buy a can of soda. Don't worry about those glitches and bugs though... they'll fix themselves Rockstar.

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

I'm still saving up for that can of sprunk....

• Nate125 likes this

TheInsider
  • TheInsider

Snitch

• Members

Compared to the story made, everything is a lot more expensive, and money is a lot harder to make. It just all points to Rockstar trying to force people to buy GTA money. It's the main reason I take no issue with people farming money. 

• wigwam and chuckberry04 like this

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

I never really had beef with the micro-transitions, infact before today, I was kinda thinking about buying one. In the future, I still might, but for awhile now? I won't be. 

This is some old bull sh*t. So let me get this straight. 

1. You take out the basic replay feature. Which I kinda understand with people exploiting it to gain sh*t too quickly. Then again, I also think R* handled it patheticly. Could've just took down the amount of cash you gain with each replay, or.. y'know. You could make the missions that are worth 8k-9k a bit harder. It seems the harder missions pay less than the easy ones, but whatever. Great balancing. 

2. I don't know if this is true, so this is just something I could've messed up. Wasn't the sniper rifle once 15k? It's now 19k. I could've swore it was 15k. Prices on gun raise up? That's kinda ridiculous. 

3. Some other poster mentioned how cars sell for less. Really don't know about that, so this isn't holding much of an argument. 

4. TAKING AWAY THE GIVE CASH OPTION. f*cking really? Really? What the f*ck was the point of that? So, basically, if I want to give money to someone who I accidently killed, or give money to my friend that I got from a assasination and I  can't even do that? Why? Because some people gave too much to their friends.

It's really honestly starting to seem R* only wants you to buy microtransitions to succeed, and that's it. The fact someone can pay a measly 15 [?] bucks [Heard that was the price.], to get the top apartment or car, and that's it? Oh, but f*ck farming right? That's too much. 

I know they need money to continue, but I feel lke they're almost going too far. 

Sniper Rifle was 20K for me last night.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

I just introduced a friend to the game tonight.  We spent a while having fun together, but at the end of the day it cost me 50k to just explore and blow sh*t up with him.  I'm broke as f*ck now for 3 hours of having fun.  Really stupid.  Discourages you from exploring, getting into chases, fighting and generally causing mayhem with a friend.  I thought about buying a card too (reluctantly) but I don't know.  I feel like if they balanced it out more I would be OK with it, but right now I'm kinda irritated about it.

• M210F and RipShaDe 41 like this

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

yeah i was gonna buy gta cash aswell...

now they can forget about it, havent turned gta on for about 3 days.... just waiting to see on the forums when its all fixed... im slowly losing interest in playing it at all... oh well.. their loss

kmmu232
  • kmmu232

The Great One

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

Bati was always 15k

Sniper rifle was always 18-19k can't remember it

've never been able to give cash since the start. ( other than sharing the job ) 

calm down sheessh

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

If you weren't penalized so harshly just for trying to have fun, this game would be flawless in my opinion. It's a shame really...

• M210F, StupidAssHeadAss and H3F Smite like this

madicea13
  • madicea13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

Money of course is important obviously in this game, but you don't need to have fun. 

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

Compared to the story made, everything is a lot more expensive, and money is a lot harder to make. It just all points to Rockstar trying to force people to buy GTA money. It's the main reason I take no issue with people farming money. 

Or they want to make a lasting, comeptitive multiplayer game.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

Money of course is important obviously in this game, but you don't need to have fun. 

I hope you meant "you don't need IT to have fun."

lilpokerface
  • lilpokerface

ME

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

I always was able to give cash. Gave it to crew leader so we can get a planning room for heists. If we cant give cash what is the point of hierarchy system? The leader is supposed to get a cut from all crew members doing various jobs, kinda like the mafia, but now we can't? Because a few assf#cks were glitching and giving hundreds of thousands of dollars we all have to suffer? I will NEVER do micro-transactions.

niallrj
  • niallrj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

i suspect they only took the "give cash option" away temporarily, as they have seen people trying to con real-life money out of players in exchange for GTA money

they will probably try and restore this when (or if) they manage to find away around that

i am OK with it if that is the case

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

I always was able to give cash. Gave it to crew leader so we can get a planning room for heists. If we cant give cash what is the point of hierarchy system? The leader is supposed to get a cut from all crew members doing various jobs, kinda like the mafia, but now we can't? Because a few assf#cks were glitching and giving hundreds of thousands of dollars we all have to suffer? I will NEVER do micro-transactions.

I'm guessing here, and I could be completely wrong, but if they've put a cap and time limit on cash giving (which seems to be the case from other threads), could it be to stop the in-game economy from moving out of their control?

I'm more talking about the "will give X amount for X car", or "will give X amount for X service", not the money farming side of things that I noticed crop up here on the forums yesterday.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:16 AM Edited by AfterDeath, 10 October 2013 - 01:16 AM.

Actually you do because if you want a jet or tank or any other cool vehicle you have to buy it, or else you're going to be spending all your money trying to get it because you'll be dying. Some of the most fun in GTA is had when you do crazy stuff and don't worry whether you'll die or not, but since you get penalized for dying in free roam, which is a load of bullsh*t, everyone drives around on their tippy toes so that they don't have to pay medical bills. That's mimicking real life, not having fun.

• M210F likes this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Actually you do because if you want a jet or tank or any other cool vehicle you have to buy it, or else you're going to be spending all your money trying to get it because you'll be dying. Some of the most fun in GTA is had when you do crazy stuff and don't worry whether you'll die or not, but since you get penalized for dying in free roam, which is a load of bullsh*t, everyone drives around on their tippy toes so that they don't have to pay medical bills. That's mimicking real life, not having fun.

I didn't do any of the mission repeats and have made a million from survival alone, stop acting like its oh so hard for you to get money.

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Remember me?

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

I'm guessing here, and I could be completely wrong, but if they've put a cap and time limit on cash giving (which seems to be the case from other threads), could it be to stop the in-game economy from moving out of their control?

I'm more talking about the "will give X amount for X car", or "will give X amount for X service", not the money farming side of things that I noticed crop up here on the forums yesterday.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here.

In other games, the economy is controlled with money sinks (e.g. expensive items) and money generators (e.g. daily missions). It's a balancing act between the two to keep a sense of progression without making things too easy. In the earliest days of WoW, for example, sh*t was hard to do. Lots of grinding. Stuff was expensive. As more content was added, things that used to be difficult became much easier.

It all comes down to supply and demand. Right now, the supply (content, stuff to buy, missions to complete) is outpaced by the demand (number of players progressing through stuff, completing missions, earning money). Until there's more content, they're keeping the costs high to slow people down.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:21 AM Edited by AfterDeath, 10 October 2013 - 01:23 AM.

I didn't do any of the mission repeats and have made a million from survival alone, stop acting like its oh so hard for you to get money.

Good for you and way to change the subject

My point is that you shouldn't have to have fun with your friends and then be like "Oh, I better go do some boring missions so that I can break even and gain back the 100k I just lost having fun"

If you want to try to fly planes through a tunnel with your friends you shouldn't have to stop and go "well it's time to go make all my money back"

• M210F likes this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

How does that change the subject at all? It brings up a factual counter point to whatever it is you are crying about.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Cause I'm not talking about whether it's easy or not to gain money, I'm talking about the fact that you have to gain money back after you want to have a little bit of fun with friends, which usually includes a lot of deaths. 

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

Cause I'm not talking about whether it's easy or not to gain money, I'm talking about the fact that you have to gain money back after you want to have a little bit of fun with friends, which usually includes a lot of deaths. 

Point to consider, I play the same game you do without exploits and have made a million.. And yes, even I die..

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

Point to consider, I play the same game you do without exploits and have made a million.. And yes, even I die..

Blah blah blah exploit exploit exploit that's all I hear about. I did the mission restart method for a couple hours one day to get an apartment and then stopped. At the time I figured hey Rockstar made the R2 button on my controller restart the mission, so why should I waste my time playing with people I don't know and looking at a bunch of load screens that also waste my time? I don't enjoy that. I certainly wasn't going to come on here and be like "Oh look there are some people that play this game that think restarting the mission over and over is unethical. I should quit."

Nope I paid $60 too and I'll play the damn game however I feel like playing it... cool?

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

With no offense, you're in a very small minority. A VERY small minority. 

And do you reallly have one million? How long have you honestly been doing survival? 

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

My point is that you shouldn't have to have fun with your friends and then be like "Oh, I better go do some boring missions so that I can break even and gain back the 100k I just lost having fun"

If you want to try to fly planes through a tunnel with your friends you shouldn't have to stop and go "well it's time to go make all my money back"

I agree. I kind've miss GTA IV's multiplayer for that reason. You just can't have fun on V without being penalised, whether that is by losing money too easily or being labelled a 'bad sport' because you thought it'd be fun to use a fighter jet to blow up that person with a bounty.

• M210F likes this

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

Well honestly, the replay feature could be fixed by making a dedicated spawn/start point for missions. This will increase mission time, couple it with them lowering payouts and boom.

CresantMoon
  • CresantMoon

Under the willows

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

Im getting more sick of the MP day by day. SP is way more fun currently.

Joreus
  • Joreus

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by Joreus, 10 October 2013 - 01:48 AM.

I find all of OP's post dumb.

1. They took out Replay function because people are getting end game cars/properties in a day and are level 160+ which is supposed to take weeks. I am a farmer too and I'm not the least bit upset they took it out. It wasn't an exploit, it just wasn't ballanced.

2. You're going to complain about 4k? This statement says enough.

3. Same thing, you're going to complain about 1k taken off each car? *facepalm

4. Have you heard of virtual currency selling? People have been buying/selling virtual currency and scamming eachother left right and center. The fact that you can farm enough in-game cash worth to compare to a minimum wage job was retarded.

Bascially this whole thread is retarded and OP is an idiot who thinks the world revolves around him.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

I just introduced a friend to the game tonight.  We spent a while having fun together, but at the end of the day it cost me 50k to just explore and blow sh*t up with him.  I'm broke as f*ck now for 3 hours of having fun.  Really stupid.  Discourages you from exploring, getting into chases, fighting and generally causing mayhem with a friend.  I thought about buying a card too (reluctantly) but I don't know.  I feel like if they balanced it out more I would be OK with it, but right now I'm kinda irritated about it.

couldnt agree more =]

2k medical bills are so lame

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users