Quantcast

» «
Photo

So if turbo maxes out my acceleration stat, what does trnasmission do?

71 replies to this topic
zskunkgta
  • zskunkgta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

real question is : some people reported that on the iFruit app it mentions that things like spoiler or else adds weight to the car.

On the other hand on the official guide it says it doesnt.

So adding armor or spoilers or bodykits maybe improve or decrease performance, I really dont know but want the answer.

sam1ches
  • sam1ches

1st day millionaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

I've already answered this question...

Once the stat bar is maxed, any extras are just a waste of money.

the mods are aimed to drastically boost up the stats of crap cars.

not luxury sports cars with already awesome stats.

Test for yourself If you do not believe me.

The stats in the custom shop are misleading, Take your custom car on the race track to see it's full stats. Only when racing you will see the true stats. I maxed out the Bati 801, in LSC is was maxed out. But on the race track it was pretty slow.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

It is not a waste of money. In the pay and spray it shows that it is maxed out, yes. but when you are online racing your car in a job, your stats are not maxed out and every mod you buy raises your stats. Perhaps Rstar has it to where your vehical can only go so fast while you are on the map but once you get in a job your true vehicle stats will show. But i love it when people think that way, That is why i am able to lap them in races, i get called a cheater but no I just paid attention to the stats that show when you highlight custom vehicle for that race.

so this should help you and give you an edge up on those who dont read this. 

+1. I didn't know this.

Thanks for the info mang.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

It is not a waste of money. In the pay and spray it shows that it is maxed out, yes. but when you are online racing your car in a job, your stats are not maxed out and every mod you buy raises your stats. Perhaps Rstar has it to where your vehical can only go so fast while you are on the map but once you get in a job your true vehicle stats will show. But i love it when people think that way, That is why i am able to lap them in races, i get called a cheater but no I just paid attention to the stats that show when you highlight custom vehicle for that race.

so this should help you and give you an edge up on those who dont read this. 

+1. I didn't know this.

Thanks for the info mang.

Oh snap, this is actually awesome.

So does that mean the Coil Voltic will have higher acceleration over an Adder maxed vs maxed?

I like this a lot. Makes other cars viable.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by Ninjambie, 22 October 2013 - 05:23 PM.

Take two of the same car, one with only turbo and the other that has every performance upgrade and you will see the difference.

TatezMcgatez
  • TatezMcgatez

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by TatezMcgatez, 22 October 2013 - 05:38 PM.

I have found that if you have maxed turbo in free roam doesnt mean you have maxed turbo for racing. in fact, none of my cars do and they are all maxed in free roam. Which makes me want to believe that putting in a transmission would ultimately still increase the stats.

Edit:

I see where someone has already brought this up. sorry for reposting.

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Haven't read through the entire thread here but if I may interject;

The top speed stat seems to be the maximum speed that vehicle can potentially achieve. The acceleration stat seems to be what pushed your car's velocity closer and closer to that top speed, as well as the driving skill of the character.

I haven't tested this but I remember from checking out various GTA IV PC handling modifications, that if you were to adjust the "Top Speed" stat in a given car, it wouldn't necessarily guarantee that you would be able to go faster. The rest of the stats come into play. If the car is too heavy, not enough torque, traction, suspension stiffness, all that stuff comes into play. And then your top speed stat could also be lowered and your car would basically have a speed limiter/governor.

csukar
  • csukar

Llama

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

You can "over clock" your cars, i tested this by buying upgrades after the acceleration was maxed and it made a difference, i used an adder and drove down a road, when the bar was just about maxed it did it in 10 seconds, with every upgrade it did it in about 8 seconds.

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Do you know what a transmission is on a car? Do you know what a turbo does?

In the game, the transmission (at least I hope to Celestia that R* made it like this) will help change the gears faster OR longer (depends on which gear box it is, long or short).

The turbo makes the car have a boost when changing gears, so to speak. Cars that have a turbo usually have a whistle on it. In the game, the car will make a noise when changing gears with a turbo.

If your meter is already at the top and you try to add a turbo, it will most likely no do anything but make the extra whistling sound.

+1

This is correct. You can see and hear these changes as you drive a car with these mods.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

I'm not bothering to read the whole thread but in a nutshell all performance enhancing mods increase performance, even when the bar appears maxed out it's still going up (you can see this in Races, your car definitely benefits from all those mods).

And in case anyone brings it up in this thread, some people think performance mods don't work during races, they're wrong the mods do work and there is absolutely an advantage to racing in a fully modded car.

Belwrath
  • Belwrath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:03 PM Edited by Belwrath, 10 November 2013 - 07:07 PM.

So I'm a rather big car head. I tested everything with and without upgrades. What I found is not everything affects the stat bars. Here's the break down of what I found.

Engine upgrades affect the top speed-ish. I think every car has a set top speed and this simply affects how close you can get. Even when the car sounds like it's topped out (max rev with no gear change) it's still gaining more and more speed.

Transmission makes gear changes faster from what I can tell. They also increase acceleration.

The turbo should only be installed on certain cars. Any car that has wheel spin stock should NOT have a turbo as it only increase the wheel spin, unless you're looking for more wheel spin. If you own an AWD car, install that turbo, it works wonders in AWD cars.

Wheel types DO affect traction! While they don't affect the stat bars, each wheel type has it's own personality.
High ends give good grip at high speed and average at low speeds.
Low riders and muscles both give lots of wheel spin and are loose through corners (great for drifting).
Off roads don't really affect traction in dirt, sand, etc but they do have superior grip in the rain. Sports are your generic all weather tyre and and provide mediocre grip in all conditions and situations.
Tuners are weird. They are give a bit of wheel spin, but when they catch you'll jump away. They're extremely good for lower speeds and okay at higher speeds. They're also my choice on my getaway vehicle as they loose grip easily, but gain it back just as quick.

Suspension upgrades lower the car, and lower the centre of gravity. This allows for better traction through corners. Irl there's a lot of factors that go into this, but in gta v there's not much. The car WILL stay level through corners no matter what, unless you hit something. In leymans terms, suspension = better grip though corners.
Wheel upgrades do not affect traction and grip.

Brakes don't affect the car in the way one would really think. Brake ipgrades simply add an ABS system to the car. This means the wheels won't lock up when you slam on the breaks, this decreasing the stopping distance. I tested stopping with and without the upgrades and the distance was about the same. These upgrades are actually pretty pointless if you know how to stop without an ABS system.

On the few cars that have them, he roll cages don't affect handling as far as I could tell. They're simply aesthetics.

All the other upgrades are simply visual and do not affect control of the vehicle.

Recap.
Engine: Yes
Transmission: Yes
Turbo: Dependent on vehicle
Wheels: Dependent on driving style
Suspension: Yes
Brakes: Optional if player is skilled

Remember that each car has it's own personality so you should always cater the upgrades around that and I promise you that the car will perform tones better.

And to answer the original post, if the stat bar is maxed out, it will still increase performance.
  • uj2000 likes this

uj2000
  • uj2000

Kingpin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

I did some test with my Turismo R I bought every thing except turbo I then took a dragrace from the first stripes to the last stripes in the airfield, the first test I got 00.19,05 because some punk was "trying" to kill me I could only do 1, I then drove to LSC and got the 50k turbo and tried again first I got 00.18,61 then second try I got 00.18,66.

So it gave about half a sec faster. 

This is version 1.11 about 1 hour after release.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users