Quantcast

» «
Photo

So if turbo maxes out my acceleration stat, what does trnasmission do?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic
tigertoddy2008
  • tigertoddy2008

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

I'm not sure because on my faster cars, turbo increases acceleration to the max.  Not sure if transmission affects top speed?

BlackFeather SR
  • BlackFeather SR

Assassin

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

turbo charger on a super charger car should make it slower. . .
  • cksiz and DylTheNoise like this

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

I feel like once your bar is maxed, nothing helps so it's just a waste of money.

I think the options to increase the stat are optimal on cars with poopy stats as they significantly help without maxing the stat fully

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm also curious to know the answer to this question. I hope someone can clear this up.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Yeah it would be nice if some dude did some tests and proved this or not. Also does a new exhaust really do nothing at all except maybe change tone?

Derity
  • Derity

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

Everything ups Acceleration.

paragouldgamer
  • paragouldgamer

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

Ya I find it pretty retarded an upgraded engine/transmission doesn't effect top speed, only acceleration.

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

Do you know what a transmission is on a car? Do you know what a turbo does?

In the game, the transmission (at least I hope to Celestia that R* made it like this) will help change the gears faster OR longer (depends on which gear box it is, long or short).

The turbo makes the car have a boost when changing gears, so to speak. Cars that have a turbo usually have a whistle on it. In the game, the car will make a noise when changing gears with a turbo.

If your meter is already at the top and you try to add a turbo, it will most likely no do anything but make the extra whistling sound.

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

I've already answered this question...

Once the stat bar is maxed, any extras are just a waste of money.

the mods are aimed to drastically boost up the stats of crap cars.

not luxury sports cars with already awesome stats.

Test for yourself If you do not believe me.

DropUrBritches
  • DropUrBritches

Official

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

In the game, the transmission (at least I hope to Celestia that R* made it like this) will help change the gears faster OR longer (depends on which gear box it is, long or short).

The turbo makes the car have a boost when changing gears, so to speak. Cars that have a turbo usually have a whistle on it. In the game, the car will make a noise when changing gears with a turbo.

If your meter is already at the top and you try to add a turbo, it will most likely no do anything but make the extra whistling sound.

email this to Rockstar then

Melissaveroza
  • Melissaveroza

Princess

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

I never put turbo because it changes the tone of the engine to that stupid turbo valve sound. Much rather keep the original engine noises.

FearTheAmish
  • FearTheAmish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:36 AM Edited by FearTheAmish, 10 October 2013 - 01:37 AM.

This is so wrong.... a Turbo Compresses air and forces it into the engine, causing a higher rate of combustion, and ejecting waste gasses faster.   http://auto.howstuff...s.com/turbo.htm

While upgrading a Transmission is mostly Correct.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

The problem is they gave us bar graphs and no numbers, no tachometer, no manual transmission, no speedometer. Time is the only tool we have to determine the performance of the vehicles in gta and it will take quite the determined and free time blessed gta fan to compile enough data to determine what the best upgrades are.
Basically get a car and if you like it, stealIit or buy it.
  • wallpaper42 likes this

FrozenInferno
  • FrozenInferno

Heisenberg

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

Turbo adds 25% to your acceleration stat (at least in SP), in a lot of slower cars it won't max out the bar but sports and super cars usually will. You may need more mods for some cars to max it.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

That "whistling" sound is called a blow off valve mate haha

Pieee
  • Pieee

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

The car customization sucks still, Saints row has a way better car customizing options

• tubby custardd likes this

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

The car customization sucks still, Saints row has a way better car customizing options

True. But still nowhere near as fun of a game overall.

I wish R* comes out with more an expansion pack for car upgrades, but will probably never happen.

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

Unfortunately.. it all goes towards the acceleration stat. Meaning in some cars, transmission and engine upgrades are better than a turbo purely because they max the bar, without costing the same as the turbo would. 

Sadly tires dont increase traction

Brakes effect braking but only a minute amount

AIr vents ect on the car do not effect its aerodynamics 

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

I'm not sure because on my faster cars, turbo increases acceleration to the max.  Not sure if transmission affects top speed?

retardly, nothing affects top speed or traction. Braking gets a very very small increase. Idk wtf was the point of customization if it doesn't do sh*t. I really want R* to patch this why the hell would top speed not increase from an engine upgrade or turbo. Its so retarded

joeyhayes
  • joeyhayes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by joeyhayes, 10 October 2013 - 02:26 AM.

Yeah this is a shame.  Was hoping body work, suspension or something would effect traction/car handling but it seems acceleration is really the only stat you can upgrade.  Would be cool if they tweaked it, maybe introduce a weight-reduction option or something.

Hoping to get my Vapid Dominator to handle not so much like a bus when cornering at speed.  I know its a muscle car but sheesh :lol:

wigwam
  • wigwam

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

retardly, nothing affects top speed or traction. Braking gets a very very small increase. Idk wtf was the point of customization if it doesn't do sh*t. I really want R* to patch this why the hell would top speed not increase from an engine upgrade or turbo. Its so retarded

my maxed out bf injection must have had its top speed increased...its mental

Blackskull
  • Blackskull

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:43 AM Edited by Blackskull, 10 October 2013 - 03:46 AM.

The whistling sound is actually the turbo spooling up and producing boost the whoosh noise you hear when letting off the accelerator is the pressure built up by the turbo being released through the blow off valve! I love turbos!
  • wallpaper42 likes this

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

Yeah not really, like at all.

Fgt
  • Fgt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

The whistling sound is actually the turbo spooling up and producing boost the whoosh noise you hear when letting off the accelerator is the pressure built up by the turbo being released through the blow off valve! I love turbos!
it depends on the type of bov you have. Some are more of a whistle, some are a whoosh, and some that are adjustable to recirc are like a chirp dialed to blow off almost no pressure. I have a forge diverter valve (a bov like part that recirculates a portion of the excess pressure for audis and vw's) it's more of a whistle when I shift above 14 psi.
  • Jeremiah239 likes this

bniStriker
  • bniStriker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by bniStriker, 10 October 2013 - 04:05 AM.

you are wrong. if you do races a lot with custom cars you will see that your acceleration is not maxed out. In the view you get in your garage and at the "pay n spray" it may looked max, but if you do a race with custom cars your acceleration bar will continue to climb with different upgrades. I have over 50 race wins and have already tested this.

Edit: Also to add nothing effects your top speed. only acceleration. I do find the suspension kits to increase handling for corners since the center of gravity is lowered. 

• Sirpepperoni, ShinobiFixer, wallpaper42 and 1 other like this

wamuzu
  • wamuzu

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

you are wrong. if you do races a lot with custom cars you will see that your acceleration is not maxed out. In the view you get in your garage and at the "pay n spray" it may looked max, but if you do a race with custom cars your acceleration bar will continue to climb with different upgrades. I have over 50 race wins and have already tested this.

Edit: Also to add nothing effects your top speed. only acceleration. I do find the suspension kits to increase handling for corners since the center of gravity is lowered. 

^ What this guy said, you can max the acceleration in the mod shop but it will not be maxed if you try to race, I'm guessing the max stat for races is alot higher than the one for driving around in free roam, so adding more to the acceleration will definitely help you out more in races.

bniStriker
  • bniStriker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

^ What this guy said, you can max the acceleration in the mod shop but it will not be maxed if you try to race, I'm guessing the max stat for races is alot higher than the one for driving around in free roam, so adding more to the acceleration will definitely help you out more in races.

yep, maxed out my elegy, sandking xl, carbonizzare, rapid gt, and my bike

bniStriker
  • bniStriker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

This is so wrong.... a Turbo Compresses air and forces it into the engine, causing a higher rate of combustion, and ejecting waste gasses faster.   http://auto.howstuff...s.com/turbo.htm

While upgrading a Transmission is mostly Correct.

aka forced induction

Surely
  • Surely

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

I miss GTA SA turbo. :(

SingingTrout85
  • SingingTrout85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

I was under the impression one of the two decreased the delay between a full stop and full acceleration.

...It makes more sense if you read it on the game I guess. <_<

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users