Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you like that R* removed the R2/RT Restart Function?

54 replies to this topic

Poll: Rockstar removed the R2/RT Restart function (178 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you Like that they removed it or Dislike it?

1. Like (48 votes [26.97%])

Percentage of vote: 26.97%

2. Dislike (130 votes [73.03%])

Percentage of vote: 73.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 10 October 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Really annoys me when developers pull sh*t like this. It wasn't a glitch, wasn't a bug, was just giving players the ability to replay the mission if they wanted to. Not only does it discriminate against players who never had the opportunity to grind, but it's obvious they're doing it because people are making too much and it'll make buying GTA$ redundant.

You're not meant to be able to "complete" an online multiplayer a few days after it's released. Having the most expensive apartment, all the best cars fully modded, all weapons, clothing etc. unlocked. That's not how online multiplayer games work. The developers haven't pulled any sh*t. It's some players that have pulled the sh*t and are ruining the game for themselves and others.

Is it not rockstar's problem for putting the restart/replay option in?

I don't know the details exactly what's going on at R*, what was a mistake, oversight or what was intended. People will always find and use exploits. If it wasn't the replay it would be something else. 

Developers need to be clear with the community, and let everyone know exactly what they consider an exploit as soon as possible so people know what to do and what not to do.

It reminds me of the saying "If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is". If getting money/levels in a game seems too easy then it's probably an exploit.

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

Should have added a doesn't effect me or matter option.

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by buddybravo, 10 October 2013 - 01:11 AM.

What they should do is limit the amount of times you can recieve a reward from a mission or lower the reward each time you complete it.

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

Really annoys me when developers pull sh*t like this. It wasn't a glitch, wasn't a bug, was just giving players the ability to replay the mission if they wanted to. Not only does it discriminate against players who never had the opportunity to grind, but it's obvious they're doing it because people are making too much and it'll make buying GTA$ redundant.

You're not meant to be able to "complete" an online multiplayer a few days after it's released. Having the most expensive apartment, all the best cars fully modded, all weapons, clothing etc. unlocked. That's not how online multiplayer games work. The developers haven't pulled any sh*t. It's some players that have pulled the sh*t and are ruining the game for themselves and others.

Is it not rockstar's problem for putting the restart/replay option in?

I don't know the details exactly what's going on at R*, what was a mistake, oversight or what was intended. People will always find and use exploits. If it wasn't the replay it would be something else. 

Developers need to be clear with the community what they consider an exploit so people know what to do and what not to do.

It reminds me of the saying "If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is". If getting money/levels in a game seems too easy then it's probably an exploit.

So what happens when you done all the missions?!

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

There a number of things that can be done, forced cool down on some missions, cut the rewards way down after the first time winning the mission etc... There will still be a ton of kids here crying because they cant make tens of thousands of dollars in under 10 minutes.

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

If you're saying that they included the restart option for missions without anticipating that people would continually grind the mission for money then..

If someone wants to replay a mission to rank up or to make money, why shouldn't they be allowed? It's not like they're exploiting a bug in order to rank up, they are actually putting in the time. If R* really wanted to make ranking up/making cash more slowly then they could have done so easily. It's pretty obvious they only just realised that missions are making their micro-transaction business plan redundant so decide to be dicks about it.

They're making the game more unfair for players at lower ranks by removing the re-playability.

DopeSack
  • DopeSack

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

i voted dislike

i have lost multiple chars thru this f*cked up open beta the last was a rank 31 w/300k apartment and 2 partially modded vehicles a carbonizzer and a infernus i restarted this monday in the other slot since it became clear thru rockstars silence i was not getting my stuff back even tho i never created another char in the slot1 after 2 days of calming down after losing my 6th char that i had put alot of work into did i farm violent duct with my rank 31 yea i did 3 times made about 270k total doing it.was figuring on using it to catch up with my friends/crew so im not the pistol packing fool in the higher rank missions that they are getting to but now that is not a option

if i or someone is willing to sit and replay the same thing over and over (mind you that is basically what any video game is afterall)that should be that persons choice as long as they are only using INGAME MECHANICS to replay it and complete it .basically by removing they shafted everyone who was looking foward to doing it to replace what was lost at no fault of there own and the player base that wanted to be competitive on the rp leaderboards have you seen those leaderboards by the way top rp crew is at 19 billion rp 2nd place is at almost 9 billion and there is probably 50 more at 2 billion+if it was a EXPLOIT and needed to be removed shouldnt the gains from it been removed its called a rollback so now its just a joke kinda like this release has been but alot of people arent laughing so yea i dislike they removed it

p.s. 

how are they ruining the game for others if you join a DM or race and you see someone who way outranks you can you not kill them all the same if your the host can you not remove customized vehicles as a option or just leave if your not the host?

or are you mad they already have the things you want which is what i really think is the issue

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:29 AM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 10 October 2013 - 01:31 AM.

If you're saying that they included the restart option for missions without anticipating that people would continually grind the mission for money then..

If someone wants to replay a mission to rank up or to make money, why shouldn't they be allowed? It's not like they're exploiting a bug in order to rank up, they are actually putting in the time. If R* really wanted to make ranking up/making cash more slowly then they could have done so easily. It's pretty obvious they only just realised that missions are making their micro-transaction business plan redundant so decide to be dicks about it.

They're making the game more unfair for players at lower ranks by removing the re-playability.

It was only the high reward random missions you get sent to your phone, and then on top of that people found ways to complete them faster than anticipated. This isn't about simply replaying a mission, but it is a part of it. It's about a game breaking exploit that allowed people to progress at an unintended pace. 

Some people use cheat codes, glitches, exploits and hacks in single player and in my opinion ruin the game for themselves, that's fine in single player, but it's really not fine in an online multiplayer because it affects everyone.

KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

Let me just say this. if we COULDN'T replay missions we would ALL be level 10's with about $30k in the bank, probabaly less because of losing cash due to dying.

• Courtesy Flush George likes this

Aqua Swede
  • Aqua Swede

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

voted dislike as I lost my lvl38 char cause rockstar  f*cked up there servers and I was catching up

Sayid
  • Sayid

East side fruity nigga

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

It's like banning the bullets and not the gun.

J DawgMillenium
  • J DawgMillenium

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

Am I the only one who liked that Rockstar removed the "replay" feature? Unlimited money for everyone was not their purpose (otherwise there would be no currency system). The multiplayer is not meant to be a creative mode because that entire portion of the game involves individual advancement and player-to-player interaction. If you want to have nearly limitless money to f*ck around with, play the campaign and use cheats, money from "The Big One," or whatever.

Also, don't say that Rockstar is "telling you how to play" Grant Theft Auto. There is not a "right way," per say, but you the player have to live with limitations in any case. If you complain about the banning of farming because your playstyle is being controlled, you might as well complain that your character cannot do the hokey pokey or shoot lasers from its eyes. If you want a true, limitless experience, buy a digital editing program and make whatever you want however you want when you want.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

I don't think you guys understand online games like this.

The vast majority of people who are farming missions aren't the type of people that will buy currency anyway.

You will never outrank someone who has more time on their hands and more determined to accomplish xyz faster than you.

What are you going to do about account sharing?  There is always a group of people that want to hit max level before everyone else.

How about trading wins?

I'd be more upset with losing my character than people farming. 

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

"Fixed an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs"

If they're fixing it so it isn't locked out aren't they bringing it back

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

I don't get why they couldn't just make it so that you can only repeat it 2 or 3 times in a row.

Gameinator
  • Gameinator

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

Let me just say this. if we COULDN'T replay missions we would ALL be level 10's with about $30k in the bank, probabaly less because of losing cash due to dying.

Never exploited replay and now I am level 24, there is much more to online than farming missions. So glad they removed the replay from missions and it was clearly not intended because the r2/rt to restart is never displayed on the continue screen if you pass the mission. And as it has been said before you are not supposed to reach end game in online games in a week.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by MLO_III, 10 October 2013 - 04:02 AM.

If the Mechanic was put in then It's not Exploiting. It was just R* not knowing should they? or shouldn't they? have that feature?.

Can you explain what an exploit is without saying taking advantage of broken game mechanics?

brantkin
  • brantkin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

They should of just lowered the rewards or pay outs for each mission. And BLANCED them rather then just remove the option. Rockstar took the easy way out sadly. They tried to take the easy way out before and tried to patch. it bit them in the ass now it will again. Shame on you rock star :3 easy doesn't mean easy always. Your a billion dollar company just tweak stuff instead taking easy ways out. how can we trust your games and dlc to be good in the future? if you start taking easy ways.

tl:dr They should of just tweaked the rewards/pay outs. And rock star needs to get there stuff together...

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

I'm not voting until there is an "indifferent" option.

MickeyMoMo
  • MickeyMoMo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

Never exploited replay and now I am level 24, there is much more to online than farming missions. So glad they removed the replay from missions and it was clearly not intended because the r2/rt to restart is never displayed on the continue screen if you pass the mission. And as it has been said before you are not supposed to reach end game in online games in a week.

Unless of course you want to PAY to reach the end of the game in a week. That's just fine with Rockstar

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:47 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 10 October 2013 - 04:49 AM.

Should really be a "don't care" option.

I didn't farm, it doesn't bother me that people did/do, it doesn't bother me if people "missed out".

I'm just glad that they're working on improving the game.

This is what I've been preaching.

You don't have to farm, but just because you don't doesn't mean you need to ruin other peoples fun.

This does not make the game more challenging, or more interesting, all it does is make it slower because you'll be spending half your time in menu screens and lobbies. People will still be playing the missions that give the highest RP or highest cash. It's just they will have to wait between rounds.

Because it takes longer, it'll actually mean they'll be pretty much only doing those missions. Instead of taking time out to do other things like parachuting or BMX races or races.

Not everyone has 8 hours a day to play, but I don't demand Rockstar bans everyone who plays for more than 2, because having the highest RP in GTAO isn't exactly something to be proud of - it just means 'I did heaps of stuff in a game on the internet'.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:51 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 10 October 2013 - 04:52 AM.

I understand replaying Deathmatches, Survivals, races, parachuting etc, but the character given missions are suppose to give you some progression in your respect to these characters and kind of ruin the immersion if you were able to replay them. Plus there is 500 missions, doesn't it get repetitive playing the same mission. Plus even without the function, you do get opportunities to replay those missions through invites, but you are helping others complete their "story" of their character.

Ok I know my arguments are not that great, but I honestly don't mind they removed it, I never abused it or really knew it existed. But who ever done it, it does not really bother me a whole lot and I hope you enjoy the money you earned from it. Regardless of it being a cheap way, you did earn it still since you spent a good amount of time on it.

iShootxWMP
  • iShootxWMP

Gamertag = I Shoot xWMP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

you can replay with the new patch. it was a glitch when you couldnt hit replay. so stop whining. Farming isn't going anywhere

Dlee13
  • Dlee13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

If it was a legit way of playing then Rockstar wouldn't be patching the game to stop all you little whiny kids from exploiting the game! I hope they continue to patch it till there are no ways to exploit it and every has to earn their cash the proper way!

The people who continue to farm after so many patches are clearly cheaters, end of story.

bongoclock
  • bongoclock

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

Why do you pollsters never make an option

"No f*cks to give."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users