Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you like that R* removed the R2/RT Restart Function?

54 replies to this topic

Poll: Rockstar removed the R2/RT Restart function (178 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you Like that they removed it or Dislike it?

1. Like (48 votes [26.97%])

Percentage of vote: 26.97%

2. Dislike (130 votes [73.03%])

Percentage of vote: 73.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BlueLakeEDM
  • BlueLakeEDM

Promotion Channel

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by BlueLakeEDM, 10 October 2013 - 12:02 AM.

I am kinda mad about it, not cause of the insane money grinding you could do with it, but to easily do missions I liked over again, I really dislike the fact that Rockstar removed the function, they're just trying as much as they can to remove every easy way to get money, pretty much forcing people to buy money from the PSN Store or the Xbox Store.

It's still ways to do it, but instead of just simply clicking R2/RT, you have to repeat it, which very rarely works, cause it's blocked on none player given missions, like the Violant Duct mission cause it's given by Gerald or the Rooftop Rumble mission cause it's given by Martin, theit both given thru calling one of them, or being just randomly given as a job, you can't find it available in the world at all times, which means it can't be replied.

I really hope they add it R2/RT restart back, was so much easier and fun, why make everything so f*cking hard...

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 10 October 2013 - 12:17 AM.

If so then it would be nice for them to change the reward back to 9k for people who play normally and solo. I don't see why everyone should get punished because a minority exploit unintended game mechanics.

I won't say I like it or dislike it. That's their choice of how they want the game to be played. Personally I think it's the right decision.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Dat poll.

theonelink
  • theonelink

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

couldnt give a sht tbh at 8m just now farming til the xbox update have enough $ for anything

BlueLakeEDM
  • BlueLakeEDM

Promotion Channel

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

couldnt give a sht tbh at 8m just now farming til the xbox update have enough $ for anything

You're one of the f*cking assholes that made them remove it, so it's pretty obvious you don't give a sh*t.

• aboxofdogs likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

Should really be a "don't care" option.

I didn't farm, it doesn't bother me that people did/do, it doesn't bother me if people "missed out".

I'm just glad that they're working on improving the game.

• Courtesy Flush George likes this

BlackFeather SR
  • BlackFeather SR

Assassin

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

I went from 50-100 in 6hours soloing rooftop, yeah its kind of game breaking but im grabbing the achievements and running from this mess of a multiplayer(campaign is great and I've finished it and done everything twice)

Adam5596
  • Adam5596

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

I don't really like farming, but unless they release a better way to make money I'll be upset about it. I just did it so I could buy all the sh*t I want and have fun. Being able to buy everything I feel like and having enough cash to not be upset about losing 2K when I die is how I enjoy the game TBH.

theonelink
  • theonelink

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

You're one of the f*cking assholes that made them remove it, so it's pretty obvious you don't give a sh*t.

566.jpg

• Chaos-Elite likes this

ScaredSenseless
  • ScaredSenseless

Gaming Insomniac

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

No "Dont care" option. Because i really didnt care that people were farming missions. i mean i did it with a friend for a bit. But now that its gone i really dont mind.

BlueLakeEDM
  • BlueLakeEDM

Promotion Channel

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

566.jpg

Stop being so childish, asking someone if their mad is just dumb and immature, but to answer your question, yes I am mad at you for ruining the game for others, you must feel so good about yourself, f*cking scumbag.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

I Dislike, R* is dictating our time spent. If someone wants to do a job over n over, who cares? It's their time not R*'s.

BlueLakeEDM
  • BlueLakeEDM

Promotion Channel

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

No "Dont care" option. Because i really didnt care that people were farming missions. i mean i did it with a friend for a bit. But now that its gone i really dont mind.

I wont add a "Don't care" option, cause if you didn't care, you wouldn't click on this topic in the first place.

theonelink
  • theonelink

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

566.jpg

Stop being so childish, asking someone if their mad is just dumb and immature, but to answer your question, yes I am mad at you for ruining the game for others, you must feel so good about yourself, f*cking scumbag.

it's a game and a completely legit way of playing... if you don't like farming that's your problem blow me

BlueLakeEDM
  • BlueLakeEDM

Promotion Channel

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

566.jpg

it's a game and a completely legit way of playing... if you don't like farming that's your problem blow me

Oh so exploiting game mechanics to ruin the game for others are a "Legit way of playing", man you're just retarded in so many ways, might want to think twice before you write something.

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

I liked to replay "A Titan of a Job", honestly money is great, but I love this mission, I love flying the Titan.  Also good for flying skill, theres a second small plane to the side and if you 2 player it you both get flying time.

theonelink
  • theonelink

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

566.jpg

Oh so exploiting game mechanics to ruin the game for others are a "Legit way of playing", man you're just retarded in so many ways, might want to think twice before you write something.

are you serious? how is pressing the replay option, something which rockstar put in the game, exploiting game mechanics?? it's just like any other mmo... you gain a higher level to play higher level missions which give you more xp and grind it

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by kianokk, 10 October 2013 - 12:33 AM.

No.

If I can cheat in real life and gain money I should be allowed to do the same online.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

566.jpg

If the Mechanic was put in then It's not Exploiting. It was just R* not knowing should they? or shouldn't they? have that feature?.

Orin
  • Orin

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Ok, I voted dislike, but please, hear me out before you go off calling me a cheater/etc (as I only used this glitch a handful of times back before I heard R* was banning people for it.)

I think in any game, farming should be a valid method for advancement. That said, I think they could better handle the issue in the future by giving diminishing returns after you do the same mission two or three times in a row. Instead of removing an entire aspect from the game, you should try to compensate. The only reason R* doesn't like people spamming replay is because certain missions are way too easy, and reward way too well for their difficulty. Take the Lester mission "Landing Strip". I takes a group of 4 at least 5-10 minutes to complete (depending on skill), and pays out 7k. why not make it 10k? Just like the "last chopper out of LS" mission, it takes an average of at least 5 minutes JUST TO FIND A HELICOPTER! so after about 10-15 minutes of mission, you get the same 7k amount? so you're telling me 5 minutes of my time is worth the same as 15 minutes? maybe I'm just doing it wrong, and not rushing enough, but thats ridiculous.

They SERIOUSLY need to re-think how missions work. not JUST nerf the high-rewarding ones, but also increase the under-rewarding ones. Look at the average time it takes to complete certain missions (if they can), and base the rewards on time spent in the missions! THEN allow replay!

BlueLakeEDM
  • BlueLakeEDM

Promotion Channel

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:34 AM Edited by BlueLakeEDM, 10 October 2013 - 12:37 AM.

566.jpg

If the Mechanic was put in then It's not Exploiting. It was just R* not knowing should they? or shouldn't they? have that feature?.

It was clearly not supposed to be used the way you and several others used it, so it was exploiting it.

Even tho the game makers knew it was in the game, doesn't mean it's not exploiting using it to your advantage, do you even know what exploiting means? cause I am starting to think I am talking to people that knows nothing.

theonelink
  • theonelink

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

566.jpg

It was clearly not supposed to be used to way you and several others used it, so it was exploiting it.

Even tho the game makers knew it was in the game, doesn't mean it's not exploiting using it to your advantage, do you even know what exploiting means? cause I am starting to think I am talking to a guy/girl that knows nothing.

Well that's rockstar's problem... go bch to them

wigwam
  • wigwam

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

the easy solution would be making it so that hosting a match gives no bonuses. otherwise it will always be taken advantage of (which i dont mind btw!)

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

Exploit or not, it's creating alot of interests and posts.

Developers intention?

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

566.jpg

ex·ploit  (ksploit, k-sploit)

1. to take advantage of (a person, situation, etc.), esp unethically or unjustly for one's own ends.

2. To make use of selfishly or unethically.

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

Really annoys me when developers pull sh*t like this. It wasn't a glitch, wasn't a bug, was just giving players the ability to replay the mission if they wanted to. Not only does it discriminate against players who never had the opportunity to grind, but it's obvious they're doing it because people are making too much and it'll make buying GTA$ redundant.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:55 AM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 10 October 2013 - 12:55 AM.

Really annoys me when developers pull sh*t like this. It wasn't a glitch, wasn't a bug, was just giving players the ability to replay the mission if they wanted to. Not only does it discriminate against players who never had the opportunity to grind, but it's obvious they're doing it because people are making too much and it'll make buying GTA$ redundant.

You're not meant to be able to "complete" an online multiplayer a few days after it's released. Having the most expensive apartment, all the best cars fully modded, all weapons, clothing etc. unlocked. That's not how online multiplayer games work. The developers haven't pulled any sh*t. It's some players that have pulled the sh*t and are ruining the game for themselves and others.

theonelink
  • theonelink

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

You're not meant to be able to "complete" an online multiplayer a few days after it's released. Having the most expensive apartment, all the best cars fully modded, all weapons, clothing etc. unlocked. That's not how online multiplayer games work. The developers haven't pulled any sh*t. It's some players that have pulled the sh*t and are ruining the game for themselves and others.

Is it not rockstar's problem for putting the restart/replay option in?

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

566.jpg

^ 100% agree with this!

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME THEN!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users