Quantcast

» «
Photo

whats up with all the friggin npc bounties after patch?

53 replies to this topic
sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I've noticed when stealing cars, if I shoot the person dead, I don't get a bounty.

It's when I let them LIVE they set me up for death. Bastards.

Not sure if that always works, but it's just a thing I do now, and it seems to be working so far (or it could be a fluke)

i posted the exact same thing three minutes before you did, works for me every time so far, haha! suck it bitches!

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

I like getting a bounty put on me. If I survive it's free money, and it encourages people to come and get killed by me.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

I like getting a bounty put on me. If I survive it's free money, and it encourages people to come and get killed by me.

lol, you must be playing with noobs or not very many people cause its 15 on 1 when the red circle pops up, haha!

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

If the frequency of bounties actually DID in fact go up, this is great news.  It means that although they nerfed some missions, there are now more opportunities flying around to get money.  Leave your session and go play solo and collect the money.  If you don't want to go to solo then just accept the fact that sometimes it will happen to you, but sometimes it will happen to others which gives you another opportunity at money.  Win/win really.

Aizcold
  • Aizcold

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

I really don't know why all you guys are complaining about bounties. They usually lead to lots of fun. Either by teaming up with crew mates and destroying all the bounty hunters that come after you when you have a bounty on your head or by chasing after people that try to hide.

For instance, yesterday I killed a guy hiding out on the top of Chilliad by flying over there and shooting him with my SMG as I parachuted down. Just be creative and have fun with it. And if you die, big deal! Be happy for the guy that got the bounty, sh*t is expensive in San Andreas :p

Dizman
  • Dizman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I noticed this since 1.02.  I've only got ones for $1k, and a player one for like $5k I think. But yeah, the frequency is ridiclous.  It's basically seems to be any npc you wrong will do it, or so I've heard.  So stealing a car, robbing a store, killing a brother, etc.  I guess I only steal cars, I don't really go out of my way to terrorize civilain npcs, but they get in the way of driving sometimes.

They need to really tone down the frequency of them.  I had one player chase me for over 10 mins just for a $1k bounty!  Really?  That wasn't really worth your time buddy, plus it was super annoying for me.

If it really annoys you, and you have time to kill you can just go into your garage, no else can go there.  Though in my case the guy just waited for me outside of it!  But again having to "kill" 24-30mins to lose it is a bit ridiclous, though I don't know if doing Jobs counts towards that time or not.

WrathPhoenix
  • WrathPhoenix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Yes this game is grand theft auto. Grand Theft Auto is the name of a crime. Crime presumes punishment. 

So when you steal a car, you have consequences to pay. You have consequences you are paying. This sounds exactly like Grand Theft Auto to me. What it sounds like you want is a game called "Godmode derpfest 2013" and im afraid that game is unavailable. 

hostaman
  • hostaman

Seasoned GTA Player (Online WTF?)

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

Obamacare is also a ploy for Rockstar to sell cash cards......

This gag was done after the 1000th time it was used.

You need new material.

hostaman
  • hostaman

Seasoned GTA Player (Online WTF?)

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Yes this game is grand theft auto. Grand Theft Auto is the name of a crime. Crime presumes punishment. 

So when you steal a car, you have consequences to pay. You have consequences you are paying. This sounds exactly like Grand Theft Auto to me. What it sounds like you want is a game called "Godmode derpfest 2013" and im afraid that game is unavailable. 

Or a game called GTA4.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

oh, neat, haha, anyone know how they actually get put on in the first place? is it when you jack a car someone is in, or steal one off the street and someone sees you?  This games kinda turning from Grand Theft Auto to f*cking lame in a quick hurry.  Its really pissing me off that you cant steal cars, lol!  Supercars are too hot to handle and now every time you steal a car you get a bounty?  Just get used to dying I guess, damn hospital bills!

You can steal cars by pressing Y/triangle.

It is more GTA now than ever as Grand Theft Auto is the code the police use and now the police are more involved.

FrozenInferno
  • FrozenInferno

Heisenberg

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I've noticed when stealing cars, if I shoot the person dead, I don't get a bounty.

Not sure if that always works, but it's just a thing I do now, and it seems to be working so far (or it could be a fluke)

Rockstar will patch it and force you to pay $5k for the NPC's funeral costs or something.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

I really don't know why all you guys are complaining about bounties. They usually lead to lots of fun. Either by teaming up with crew mates and destroying all the bounty hunters that come after you when you have a bounty on your head or by chasing after people that try to hide.

For instance, yesterday I killed a guy hiding out on the top of Chilliad by flying over there and shooting him with my SMG as I parachuted down. Just be creative and have fun with it. And if you die, big deal! Be happy for the guy that got the bounty, sh*t is expensive in San Andreas :p

not everyone cheats and farms and has unlimited money, dying sucks and gets expensive.  You get a bounty for jacking cars, well guess who jacks cars constantly?  Broke new players with no garage so they cant call a mechanic to bring theirs when they exit a mission and are on the other side of the f*cking map, at that level of the game it really f*cking sucks balls, lol!  a bounty means you are gonna die unless you go hide like a bitch in your house.  15 people come after you if its a big one, lol!  Its super fun hunting bounties, not so much fun being the bounty, haha!  Im level 20 and i guess i can afford it a few times, but still im not a cheating farmer and im trying to save up to get the good sh*t, i dont wanna be losing 2K every time I jack a car.  Its highly annoying.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

In my opinion, it adds to the fun. Everyone gets bounties, just hunt them down and make more than that 2k. It is a way to make money, not lose it. Rockstar may be more money hungry than earlier, but this isnt for the damn cash cards, as some of you are suggesting. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

In my opinion, it adds to the fun. Everyone gets bounties, just hunt them down and make more than that 2k. It is a way to make money, not lose it. Rockstar may be more money hungry than earlier, but this isnt for the damn cash cards, as some of you are suggesting. 

haha, yea, I agree.  theres lots of dumb people with dumb theories on this forum.  but the real problem isnt the bounties themselves, the problem is the frequency at which they occur.  sure its cool once in a while and not such a big deal, but when its every time its much less fun for everyone, lol!

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

Previous posters are correct - you get NPC bounties by doing things to NPCs - and if you survive the bounty you get the cash.

Note that I'm almost always on Friend-only sessions, so to me NPC bounties are just free money.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

can you switch sessions when you have a bounty? what happens then?

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by NudasPriest, 11 October 2013 - 04:02 AM.

The bounty sticks, you can just leave GTA Online, go to Solo or friend only or invite only, whatever you please, and the bounty sticks, Wait it out and you get the money added to your character.

Another tip for surviving bounties is to practice hopping onto the train, you can do it from on-foot if you line up and just tap X/Square (Jump). You can hide in the flat-beds in cover. Haven't done this for bounties but you can survive almost indefinitely against just the police. It can be pretty difficult keeping up wth the train and trying to kill somebody on it. Probably would make for some very interesting encounters.

goathead
  • goathead

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

Past few days all I seem to get is 1000 bounties set on me...

Figured its better to just instantly let someone have the grand and then go recoup most of my 2k from a robbery

Now,..9k is maybe more appealing to sit it out...

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:08 AM

Survive 24 mins and you get the 7k. Just fly around for 30  mins.

I didn't know that.  Next time I won't give up so easily when the whole lobby is after me....lol

It's quite funny what people go through to kill someone with a bounty.  I killed some dude like 4 times in a row because he was after me for a $3000 bounty.  He wasted more money than he ever could have made...lol

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

The bounty sticks, you can just leave GTA Online, go to Solo or friend only or invite only, whatever you please, and the bounty sticks, Wait it out and you get the money added to your character.

Another tip for surviving bounties is to practice hopping onto the train, you can do it from on-foot if you line up and just tap X/Square (Jump). You can hide in the flat-beds in cover. Haven't done this for bounties but you can survive almost indefinitely against just the police. It can be pretty difficult keeping up wth the train and trying to kill somebody on it. Probably would make for some very interesting encounters.

cool, yes indeed, good idea.  is it 24 real minutes you need to survive?thats a long time with 15 people trying to kill ya, lol! but if it still counts down if you hide in your house or a solo session alone thats kinda lame, but hey, free money! lol

z06z33
  • z06z33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

never got a single bounty on me before but now im getting npc calling $9000 bounties on me every time I play. ive gotten 4 bounty calls in one afternoon. wouldn't be a big deal if I had farmed up and could call lester but now ive got every single high level player on my ass. im grinding for $2000 dollar missions and some jerk just has to spawn next to me and get $9000. which means I just lost that $2000 to medical bills.

ive tried waiting them out but as soon as it goes away a get another call from a psychic npc that knows exactly who to place a bounty on. just another gimmick to steal your bank and force you to buy cash cards. now I wish I had farmed instead of playing legit.

dude sign into invite session only I made 10k just sitting in my apt today because once the bounty expires you get the money

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

never got a single bounty on me before but now im getting npc calling $9000 bounties on me every time I play. ive gotten 4 bounty calls in one afternoon. wouldn't be a big deal if I had farmed up and could call lester but now ive got every single high level player on my ass. im grinding for $2000 dollar missions and some jerk just has to spawn next to me and get $9000. which means I just lost that $2000 to medical bills.

ive tried waiting them out but as soon as it goes away a get another call from a psychic npc that knows exactly who to place a bounty on. just another gimmick to steal your bank and force you to buy cash cards. now I wish I had farmed instead of playing legit.

dude sign into invite session only I made 10k just sitting in my apt today because once the bounty expires you get the money

great plan, lol!  I made 150K in a hour or two playing missions!  way more fun.

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

I hate getting the $1 or $3k bounties, but I love the $5-9k ones.  That's free money in my pocket.  Just mess around in a solo session, or do 50 minutes' worth of jobs, or just relax in your apt for a little while.

The idiots who bitch about the people riding the bounties out in their apartments are hilarious, cuz you know they're the same ones who will chase you down unprovoked across 6 blocks, kill you, and then if you complain about it they're all, "lol its gta deal wit it."  So yeah, it's every man for himself.  There's no such thing as "fairness", and I ain't under no obligation to give you a shot at the cash.  I get a $9k bounty on me, that's my money, and I'll do what I have to to keep it.  Deal with it.  :cool:

ThePeskyCrow
  • ThePeskyCrow

:v

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Lucky! When I Steal Cars I Chop Till Dey Drop.... Still Get Bounty .-.;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users