Quantcast

» «
Photo

whats up with all the friggin npc bounties after patch?

53 replies to this topic
ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

never got a single bounty on me before but now im getting npc calling $9000 bounties on me every time I play. ive gotten 4 bounty calls in one afternoon. wouldn't be a big deal if I had farmed up and could call lester but now ive got every single high level player on my ass. im grinding for $2000 dollar missions and some jerk just has to spawn next to me and get $9000. which means I just lost that $2000 to medical bills.

ive tried waiting them out but as soon as it goes away a get another call from a psychic npc that knows exactly who to place a bounty on. just another gimmick to steal your bank and force you to buy cash cards. now I wish I had farmed instead of playing legit.

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

Stahp! steeling KARZ!!!

• Ninjambie likes this

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Obamacare is also a ploy for Rockstar to sell cash cards......

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Npc bounties are free money if you play invite only sessions by yourself!!

• Shpongled likes this

SmokeyB34Rx
  • SmokeyB34Rx

The Revelator

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

Just had my first bounty placed on me today. It said it was from an "unknown player". Was this an NPC? If another online player sets it does it tell you who?

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

GTAF Lt.

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

Npc bounties are free money if you play invite only sessions by yourself!!

Tasty tips. Nice one.

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

Professional Tank Griefer

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Makes free roam mode fun when chasing people with bounties.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

They (peds) put bounties on you for a reason.
You jacked their car, or hurt/killed someone

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

Survive 24 mins and you get the 7k. Just fly around for 30  mins.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 09 October 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Play solo then you get to keep the monies!

Or if you don't want to play solo, set your radar bigger and find a good spot with cover, then when you see somebody coming towards you wait to ambush them.

money_smiley.jpg

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

R* wanted to make it harder for us to steal cars, They want us to be buying them (with the cash cards) instead of getting a tracker and insurance for $2000 in a stolen car which becomes yours. So they have made it so NPC's can put bounties on you. $5k-$10k bounty for stealing a car might make you stop stealing them and start buying them is the plan.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by sultangris, 09 October 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Play solo then you get to keep the monies!

money_smiley.jpg

how so, kill yourself? lol!

How long do these bounties last? until you die?  Sometimes I steal 4 cars in a row just cause its motherf*cking Grand Theft Auto bitches!  They should change the name of this game, cause its becoming less and less like GTA and more like the f*cking sims with cars and guns.

Constantfluxation
  • Constantfluxation

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

Does this really work?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

oh, neat, haha, anyone know how they actually get put on in the first place? is it when you jack a car someone is in, or steal one off the street and someone sees you?  This games kinda turning from Grand Theft Auto to f*cking lame in a quick hurry.  Its really pissing me off that you cant steal cars, lol!  Supercars are too hot to handle and now every time you steal a car you get a bounty?  Just get used to dying I guess, damn hospital bills!

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

Does this really work?

Does this really work?

Yes, it does. 

Lisha
  • Lisha

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

I want this to happen to me so I can just arse about and get that achievement for surviving. :x

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

Isn't it 48 minutes for a whole day?

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

Yes, it's 48 minutes not 24.

IbarakiBen
  • IbarakiBen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

It's purely to generate money for other players to come and kill you. If you don't steal sports cars they are less frequent.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

oh, neat, haha, anyone know how they actually get put on in the first place? is it when you jack a car someone is in, or steal one off the street and someone sees you?  This games kinda turning from Grand Theft Auto to f*cking lame in a quick hurry.  Its really pissing me off that you cant steal cars, lol!  Supercars are too hot to handle and now every time you steal a car you get a bounty?  Just get used to dying I guess, damn hospital bills!

why do you need to steal a car? often its better to own one... for one if you own a car and a garage you can have the car sent to you no matter where you are... even in the middle of the dessert... second... id rather have my suped up car i spent all my money on than some piece of junk an npc is using.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

Chukkles, on 09 Oct 2013 - 6:45 PM, said:

They (peds) put bounties on you for a reason.
You jacked their car, or hurt/killed someone

all of which I have done since ive been able to play online. after the last patch its non-stop bounties. I bought GRAND THEFT AUTO not mr. rogers neighborhood joy ride. ive stayed in the air for an entire in-game day. from sunrise to sunset and when I landed I instantly got another bounty higher than the last one. trust me, even in the fighter jet the sky gets boring real fast.

i got a $9000 bounty when a fat woman in a station wagon drove into my car. i got the message from unknown saying i was a dead man. that's when i just turned it off. if i this hadn't happened directly after uploading the new patch i wouldn't have made a topic. the patch did nothing but turn off the replay button. (even thou they put in multiple ways to replay a mission to begin with) so it seemed like another screw you, go buy some cash cards.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

why do you need to steal a car? often its better to own one... for one if you own a car and a garage you can have the car sent to you no matter where you are... even in the middle of the dessert... second... id rather have my suped up car i spent all my money on than some piece of junk an npc is using.

true, but often after a mission im in the middle of freaking nowhere with no car and I usually just jack the first one i see and get rolling cause its kinda boring driving the same thing all the time.  Plus I guess I thought you could buy all the garages and mod and save a few cars but its sounding more like you can only have one and be stuck with the same cars all game or spend a sh*t ton of money buying and modding different ones.  They have totally turned the goal of this game into spending money, lol, im so disappointed at whats happened to my beloved GTA series, this game is moderately fun but its not even GTA anymore, its a huge letdown when you were expecting GTA4 X10 but actually get GTA4 -100 +The Sims +WOW +NFS and to top it all off its more buggy than any beta game Ive ever played.  Im not into the whole play a game for hours a day every day for months making money so you can have the cool sh*t months later, Im into the GTA play the story missions and unlock all the cool stuff in about a week and then have months and months of fun in free roam mode.  I do not enjoy the carrot on a stick type games, I just dont have that much free time to waste dicking around not playing the game in a fun manner, lol!  I sure wasnt expecting this from GTA, but in all due fairness I wasnt reading anything about it prior to release, I just said GTA1-4 was awesome, each one more so than the last, GTA5 will be Epic!  Its Epic all right, Epic disappointment, haha!  Dont get me wrong, its a pretty sweet free roam world with loads of potential but its so empty compared to what it should be, half the stuff they promised doesnt work.  Its mildly entertaining but pretty frustrating with all the bugs and missing stuff. 

• SmokeyB34Rx likes this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Wowee...that's a lot of words you got there, son.

• Chaos-Elite likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

Wowee...that's a lot of words you got there, son.

I maybe shouldve used paragraphs, but its a huge rant, i dont know where to break it up at, haha! sorry.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

Gotta admit its pretty lame imo. I mean I kinda get what its supposed to do, but I feel it kinda kills the mood of I'm a bad ass.

Phenex
  • Phenex

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

so when are we getting the gta pets add-on lol 

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

Stahp! steeling KARZ!!!

ExodusXT
  • ExodusXT

Care Factor: 0.00

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

true, but often after a mission im in the middle of freaking nowhere with no car and I usually just jack the first one i see and get rolling cause its kinda boring driving the same thing all the time.  Plus I guess I thought you could buy all the garages and mod and save a few cars but its sounding more like you can only have one and be stuck with the same cars all game or spend a sh*t ton of money buying and modding different ones.  They have totally turned the goal of this game into spending money, lol, im so disappointed at whats happened to my beloved GTA series, this game is moderately fun but its not even GTA anymore, its a huge letdown when you were expecting GTA4 X10 but actually get GTA4 -100 +The Sims +WOW +NFS and to top it all off its more buggy than any beta game Ive ever played.  Im not into the whole play a game for hours a day every day for months making money so you can have the cool sh*t months later, Im into the GTA play the story missions and unlock all the cool stuff in about a week and then have months and months of fun in free roam mode.  I do not enjoy the carrot on a stick type games, I just dont have that much free time to waste dicking around not playing the game in a fun manner, lol!  I sure wasnt expecting this from GTA, but in all due fairness I wasnt reading anything about it prior to release, I just said GTA1-4 was awesome, each one more so than the last, GTA5 will be Epic!  Its Epic all right, Epic disappointment, haha!  Dont get me wrong, its a pretty sweet free roam world with loads of potential but its so empty compared to what it should be, half the stuff they promised doesnt work.  Its mildly entertaining but pretty frustrating with all the bugs and missing stuff. 

I get what you are saying and the bounties do come up far too often. But you dont have to drive the same car, there is the 10 car garage which you can call your mechanic to drive it to you.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

I get what you are saying and the bounties do come up far too often. But you dont have to drive the same car, there is the 10 car garage which you can call your mechanic to drive it to you.

yea well the name of the game is GRANT THEFT AUTO, I wanna steal a f*cking car dude, lol!  anyways Ive started killing the f*ckers i steal them from and no more bounties yet, haha!  Usually I just let them run away, but now they die.  havent had a bounty since.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

I've noticed when stealing cars, if I shoot the person dead, I don't get a bounty.

It's when I let them LIVE they set me up for death. Bastards.

Not sure if that always works, but it's just a thing I do now, and it seems to be working so far (or it could be a fluke)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users