Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V allowed me to defy the laws of the real life Dreamworld..

19 replies to this topic
ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

You know how if you die in your dream, you die in real life? Well because of this your subconscious is triggered to wake up just before death to prevent that from happening, so in essence you can never die in your dream.

Well I was able to defy this. Last night I had a dream, not that I was in San Andreas, but that I was in a real life situation and scenario, in my dream. It wasn't cheap cartoony game graphics it was real picture, with real people not fake NPC's with predetermined dialogue. I was actually having full blown conversations with these people.

So I was at the bottom of this mountain, and I saw some windsurfer looking dude starting his ascent up the mountain. He wasn't full on cliff face rock climbing up, but he also wasn't just walking along a dirt trail to get up the mountain either. It was more like a hybrid of the 2. Had sketchy railings and chopped up 2x4's along the way to use for footing, but it was definitely a designated pathway up.

Anyway I noticed he had a parachute pack on his back, and when I looked over my shoulder I realized I had one on too. So I followed him and made the dangerous climb up behind him. When we got to the top I saw 2 hot ass babes in yoga pants enjoying the view, with towels laid out looking like they were about to sunbathe, so being the pimp I am I started chopping it up with them for a minute. You know, just shootin' the sh*t, and the continuity of the conversation was there so that sh*t felt real as f*ck to me at the time.

Well, it got to the point these bitches put me on the spot by giving me a countdown to jump. And I'll admit I don't like heights, but when a couple dime pieces stripped down to their bikinis put me on the spot, I step up to the plate no matter what.

But as soon as I went to jump, that windsurfer dude (who I knew was going to be a douchebag before it even got to this point) pushed me to the side and jumped first. Well I was already committed to the jump, and I ended up being pushed to an area that I wasn't going to clear, so about 10-15ft down I clip this cliff edge, but I was able to brace for it and push off the ledge and away from the mountain. So I balanced myself back out in the air and started thinking about how bad I wanted to kill that dude while free falling. But I was free falling for a solid 20-25 seconds and that sh*t was fun as f*ck.

So I waited until the last possible moment to deploy my parachute and guess what? It doesn't open. So I instantly have that sick to my stomache feeling and I DGAF about that surfer douche anymore. I was just like 'holy sh*t this is it.' And I smacked the ground. I was like wtf? How am I still alive? Then thought alright well I got to be f*cked up with broken bones on over 1/2 of my body. But nope, I got up and brushed the dirt off like it was nothing and that was it.

I woke up a few seconds after I smacked the ground because I was tripping out that I got up from that sh*t. I usually always wake up before hitting the ground in my horrible falling from heights nightmares. But this one I didn't. I'm alive and still here. I wouldn't have been able to have made this thread otherwise. But GTA desensitized my senses and allowed me to alter my subconscious and defy the very laws of dreaming.

Either that or It helped me actually overcome my fear of heights, I'm not 100% sure yet but I'll know next time I'm high up and I can look to the ground below to see if my feelings have changed at all.
  • SmoothGetaway, COASTERPUNK and mkjah22 like this

sDimz
  • sDimz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

Nobody cares about your dreams.

• ExitiumMachina, GTAforthe21thcentury, Antagonista and 1 other like this

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

Unique Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

The duck did i just read?

• weirdkerr likes this

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Didn't read :D

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

THUG4LIFE, homie

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by saintsrow, 08 December 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Well, it got to the point these bitches put me on the spot by giving me a countdown to jump. And I'll admit I don't like heights, but when a couple dime pieces stripped down to their bikinis put me on the spot, I step up to the plate no matter what.

The OP was entertaining; sincerely.  It was fun to read.  :colgate: And I really liked the statement above, gave me a good LOL. 

I have also woken up at the moment of certain death a few times, which of course are vividly remembered dreams (at least the last few minutes of them).  On the other hand, all those times when I did not wake up, I don't remember how many times I died.  :/

As many people have written on this forum even before GTAV came out, they had GTAV dreams because they were so emotionally invested in the game, not to mention being immersed in its reality, after playing it to saturation.  I have done this, also.   For example, last week I was sleeping in a high altitude location where I have to travel sometimes.  On some nights, the altitude gets to me and I wake up gasping for air.  It's not traumatic, but the dream imagery often mirrors this reality.  Sometimes it feels like my head is getting pushed into a pillow or a seat cushion, and I can't move to get it away from my face, and i wake up.  But last week, it was interesting because I dreamed I was underwater in GTAV, trying to swim back up to the surface, and I wasn't getting there.  Then I woke up gasping.  That's when reality, virtual reality and dreams converge. 

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

Am I the only one on earth who has died multiple times in dreams and, is still alive to this day ?

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Am I the only one on earth who has died multiple times in dreams and, is still alive to this day ?

Nope.

Its just that if you see something on the net or on a movie *cof * inception*cof* it is probably bullsh*t.

• saintsrow and ThroatSlasher2 like this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Nope.

Its just that if you see something on the net or on a movie *cof * inception*cof* it is probably bullsh*t.

Yeah, that's why when dumb people tell me about this ''You die in a dream, you die in RL'' bullsh*t, I enumerate the 1000 ways I died in my dreams, like fire, lava, car accidents, falling to my death, drowning, killed by aliens, stabbed. Good stuff.

• JustOneMonth likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

iwkoqt.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

I once jumped off a 2nd story balcony at my school. I fell on my feet, fell backwards, and then got up like nothing happened

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

Freefall during dreaming is a common experience aming many people, you usually wake up before hitting the ground. I've seen this type of dream hundreds of times before, but not in GTA scenery lol just (freefaling into a completely dark area and waking up a moment before hitting the ground).

Drowning, suffocating, and paralyzing, are also common experiences when dreaming.

As for me, i can't recall any GTA-related dream of mine because you tend to forget what you've seen after a few days, but i think a few years back i saw a dream taking place in GTA III's Liberty City. I don't remember anything else from that, sadly.

The most vivid "videogame" dream i've ever had was about 12-13 years ago. I was in a SM64-like overworld with palmtrees and hills, and i was swimming inside of a "platformer" bottom of some lake. Then a car kidnapped me and i ended up in the bottom of a sewer. That's all i remember from that lol.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

@Above

Don't worry, when I fall, I hit the ground. I stay asleep for a good 10 seconds before waking up. I even got time to see a pool of blood surround me.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

the reason why you wake up before death in dreams because you never experienced death before and you can't imagine how it looks/feels like.

• Ravey Davey likes this

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by xXxTerrorist, 31 December 2013 - 06:21 PM.

If you die in a dream you do not die in real life.

This is just some bullsh*t Hollywood crap.

the reason why you wake up before death in dreams because you never experienced death before and you can't imagine how it looks/feels like.

If you die suddenly it is just like getting knocked out.

Otherwise it is like passing out from whatever is killing you.

After you die it is the same as before you were born and everyone remembers what that was like.

No imagination required.

COASTERPUNK
  • COASTERPUNK

These are the real sounds of Southern San Andreas

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

That was actually a good read. I love talking about dreams, they're just so interesting.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

If you die in a dream you do not die in real life.
This is just some bullsh*t Hollywood crap.

If you die suddenly it is just like getting knocked out.
Otherwise it is like passing out from whatever is killing you.
After you die it is the same as before you were born and everyone remembers what that was like.
No imagination required.

Lol ok zombie guy, tell us again how any times you've died? Whilst your suggestions make sense, you can't know any of that for definite and neither does the human sub-conscience, so the point stands.

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

Read all of this. Beautiful, just beautiful. 

I agree with this.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Would somebody be so kind as to give me the abridged version?

SurlyOldManMN
  • SurlyOldManMN

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Alright, that's it... no more thai food before bed.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

"I dreamed I died, ended up at the gates of Heaven
Greeted by a man Saint someone, said how's the ride son?
It's been alright, at times a little rough, but why am I here?
You did alright, lived a little dark and that's alright"

Thanks Dez Fafara

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users