Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you keep your wallet in your front or back pockets?

55 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

I'm asking out of pure and legit curiosity, do you keep your wallet in your front or back pocket? I always keep my wallet in my front pocket, seeing as I've got some awful fear that if I put something in my back pocket, some dick will sneak up behind me and pull it out all secretey and sh*t. I also put my phone, ipod, keys, etc. in my front pockets. What about you guys?

• Prootaintonry likes this

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Phone and other sh*t in the front pocket.

Wallet in the back.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Front. I don't feel comfortable putting my wallet on my ass and possibly attracting grubby pickpocket hands to my ass.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

everything in my front pockets except for small stuff because I like to be comfy when I sit down.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

Hands, phone, keys in the front pockets, wallet in the back

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

Front. I feel like it's safer to carry it there. However, sometimes, when I'm rushing to take the subway and I need the metro card it can be kind of difficult to take it out, depending on the jeans I have.

Instead, I carry the loose change in the back pockets and often the keys too. The problem with the keys in the back pockets starts when you sit... though there they are handier to take if you are carrying some load or rushing.

The perfection can be complicated.

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

I can't fit mine in my front nor do I usually have room in my front pockets for anything extra.

yakuza warlord
  • yakuza warlord

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

Keep your wallet in your back pocket but take it out when you're driving.  Sitting on your wallet while driving over a long period of time can cause some back pain.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Wallet in front left. Both cell phones and keys in my front right. Nothing in my back

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

I used to carry a wallet. I stopped carrying in my back pocket when it fell out without my knowledge while sitting. Then I moved it to the front (as suggested by Police pickpocket detectives). Now I spread my stuff around and keep the wallet (reduced content) in a 'fanny pack' holster.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:02 AM

Front pocket, I don't want to tap my ass to make sure I have it.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

Wallet in the back with cash, all my 'plastic' in a separate card holder in the inside pocket of whatever (suit)jacket I'm wearing.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

Front. Putting your wallet in the back pockets is like bait for pick-pocketers. On rare occasion I'll put a piece of paper in my back pocket, usually because most papers I get are most likely to get thrown out.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

I keep it up my ass along with a gold watch I got in Vietnam.
  • Adler likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

We already had this topic oncE a few years back. Many felt the front was more secure, but the back easier to use.

I use the back personally

MIGta
  • MIGta

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

I don't use a wallet anymore. Phone and money in the front. Keys in my jacket pocket. If its hot then back pocket.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

Phone in the right front pocket, handkerchief in the left front pocket and wallet in the right back pocket.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by _____, 10 October 2013 - 08:55 AM.

but the back easier to use.

Hardly. Unless your wallet is huge, then I agree. However, it also depends on the size of your pockets. I mostly wear jeans that are spacious.

I don't have a wallet. I used to have one but I never used it. I'll probably buy one after I get my driver's license so I won't forget to bring the license and id with me when necessary, but then again, I don't see much use for it. I've been carrying stuff in my pockets all my life and never really lost anything.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:30 AM Edited by zoo3891, 10 October 2013 - 10:31 AM.

My mom got me my first legitimate wallet on my 13th birthday (and it's lasted nearly 5 years so far!) and she cracked up when I stuffed it into my jacket pocket. "Haha, you're supposed to put it in your back pocket." So I do. I don't carry it around much either.

You could always get a biker chain, or maybe a safety pin if you're worried about pick pockets.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:44 PM Edited by finn4life, 10 October 2013 - 12:44 PM.

but the back easier to use.

Hardly. Unless your wallet is huge, then I agree. However, it also depends on the size of your pockets. I mostly wear jeans that are spacious.

I don't have a wallet. I used to have one but I never used it. I'll probably buy one after I get my driver's license so I won't forget to bring the license and id with me when necessary, but then again, I don't see much use for it. I've been carrying stuff in my pockets all my life and never really lost anything.

I think the back is far easier than the front, for most clothes not by a huge margin, but front pockets are always angled oddly and make it difficult for my hands to fit in and grasp the wallet to pull it back out at the right angle. Slim fitting jeans (Note I say slim fit, not skin fit) are especially bad for this because pockets are tight. The back pocket is a straight in and out affair, no angles to work with, and with jeans the back pocket is reasonably loose compared to the front, thus it is more practical for ease of use.

Also the other reason I use my back pocket is because I am right handed, I hold my phone in my right hand so I use my front right pocket for it, then I pull it out and can easily unlock it because the unlock button is on the right hand side, perfect for thumbs, I also have a pin which is far easier on my more coordinated right hand to input. I then reserve my back pocket for my wallet, my back right pocket, because again, I am right handed and can get into it and out faster than my left hand. 
Sure I could put both items in my right pocket, but then it becomes too heavy against my leg, and bulgy and bounces up and down if I walk with briskness or jog across the road from a car, and that bothers me.

Really utilizing the back pocket is an exercise in efficiency.

(p.s is this fon obnoxious against the forum skin)

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Back, I got a heavy wallet, I'd know almost instantaneously if it was being lifted, in the meantime, Save the extra pocket space for receipts and other sh*t i happen to put in there and forget about.

• DeafMetal likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

-phone in left front pocket

-keys, cigarettes and lighter in right front pocket

-wallet in back left pocket

-knife and handcuffs in back right pocket

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

@finn4life I guess you are right, but since my front pockets are spacious enough it makes sense to put it in there since the back pockets are not as safe (for me at least). I am also right-handed and I carry my phone in my front-left pocket. Weird, but that's what I'm used to for some reason. I generally use my phone with my left hand and it just feel more safe having my stuff in my left pocket for some reason. It probably has something to do with using my right hand to open doors, shake people's hands or wave and stuff.

I used to think it was a macho thing to walk with your hands in your pockets, but now I do it because it's more comfortable for me to walk that way and I can also secure my items.

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Phone in my front left pocket, keys and any other odds and ends in my front right pocket, and my wallet in my back right pocket.

.2D
  • .2D

Does Anybody Remember Laughter?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Commonwealth

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

I've never, ever put anything valuable in my back pockets. Apart from things you put in there having an easy time falling out when you sit down, it's surprisingly easy for a half decent pickpocket to grab a wallet out of there.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

I've never used my back packets. I find the front packets to be more useable.

Marwin
  • Marwin

tilgi dem ikke; de vet hvad de gjør!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

back pocket, or else it might be confused with my colossal penis.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Front. Pickpockets, etc.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:19 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 13 October 2013 - 01:22 AM.

I have my pockets OCD-ed to sh*t.

Front left pocket = cellphone, paper currency, notes, anything paper

Front right pocket = keys, pens/pencils, knives, coins, anything metal

Back left pocket = wallet

Back right pocket = NOTHING must never be touched for no particular reason

And same as Killerdude8, I got a hefty wallet and I usually wear loose-fitting pants, so no way for my wallet to fall unless my pants are literally down. If someone tries to jack it, I'd feel it since it takes a bit of effort to take it out myself.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

Back. If I'm lucky someone will grab my ass. May move wallet to the front for some extra fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users