Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Accidental "Just Friends Melee", Can We Stop It?

53 replies to this topic
OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:55 PM Edited by OptionalZero, 10 October 2013 - 05:45 AM.

So, you are in the midst of a great battle, survival. gang attack, police fight, etc. with your buddies. Things are going great, you are keeping your space, covering well and you've got the battle locked down...

Then someone gets a little to close and WHAM! An "Accidental Just Friends Melee" to the face... teammate down and out. Now this could happen from simply forgetting to maintain your intervals (spacing) or an effort to share a little cover. Or when you all turn to move out, or when you are getting into cars and some one is covering... We've all done it. Often funny. But also VERY irritating that there is currently no way to combat this issue.

Yes the quick reflex style CQC response is great when against an enemy. But creates massive complications when literally in a tight spot. Yes it is possible, and obviously advised to try and spread out for a myriad of strategic reasons, yet regardless of effort we all often find ourselves a little to close with friends when your character auto-melees them to death. And in this game the melee is pretty strong and useful. Just not in combat against your own team; at times an unavoidable mistake. Plus often melee combat sets your character in a temporary aggressive stance, which is awesome... just not against your teammates. There is even on occasion the accidental punch on a mountain or roof top which results in making a 2nd punch almost to easy to make contact with.

I really like this melee, love almost all of it. Just...Not against team mates. So I am curious if anyone else would be interested in some sort of minimal solution in a patch of something? Such as:

An addition to the "Select Menu". A category for friendly fire, or friendly melee conditions. Much like the "highlight player" list, except that you select not to auto-melee them. And/or if need be perhaps a reduction in bullet damage? (Honestly I like the fear of friendly fire for actual weapons, more effort put into team battles.) Even if need be, it's a mutual condition, both parties select it as an "alliance" type option. Although it does seem like it would be simpler to have it be an individual player setting, instead of requiring both parties to agree. As you would assume that both parties involved intend to work together anyway.

So basically just interested in ideas for a work around, or if anyone else would like to see a solution to this minor but frustrating issue? Your bumps or comments are needed if so, thanks.

It's be nice to hide behind the same dumpster without beating each other to death.

(If you agree in even the slightest bit, please bump to keep the traffic coming, thanks.)

• natvv likes this

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Yeah I was at the army base then some random person came and took cover beside me. I thought "Cool, a friendly player who didnt just shoot me in the back". Then I went to take a shot at a guard shooting at me and BAM KO'd the guy next to me. Then his friend came and started shooting at me. We killed each other about 5 times. Could have been a friendly co-op if not for the stupid unintentional meleeing.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

Accidentally KO'd some guy like this before. It was pretty funny, but I was trying to deck an NPC.

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

Exactly.

Thank you. I know, I find myself stopping sometimes, to send a message just to explain the mistake. And that random co-op is so frustrating to lose just because of a game mechanic issue.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

At least this doesn't happen in real life.

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Not by accident, lol.

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

This happened to me, me and a crew mate were shooting some guys I had to change position and got too close. WHAM!

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

OP thank god u posted this took the words out of my mouth! I absolutely HATE this feature and like suggested friendly fire/melee against crew/friends should be disabled like in missions if ur shooting and a team mate jumps in front of u, ur character just stops then continues when out of the way most important the KOing of ur mates while reloading.
  • DaPieGuy likes this

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

Every time I try to rob a store with my crew this happens...

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

These are great guys, keep them coming, lets try to keep this up near the top and see if maybe we could get a little momentum.

Thanks for the help and interest.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

Ya this happens all the time to me and my friends. We normally just laugh about it but it needs to be fixed
  • OptionalZero likes this

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Yeah I like the idea. Could be like the chat function where you can toggle no friendly fire on friends, crew, crew and friends and off.

Mickey Boozer
  • Mickey Boozer

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Easy fix for R*, make L2 + B the mele attack. You have to let go of L2 to reload, no complications there, and now we have full control of the attack.

sascha_winter
  • sascha_winter

angry sack

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Agreed, bump

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

I've done this 3-4 times to my friend when robbing a store together. I've told him that we should just take turns robbing the stores instead of both of us bursting in and unintentionally killing each other, but the dude doesn't listen. Probably got dropped on his head a few times as a baby.

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

I've done this 3-4 times to my friend when robbing a store together. I've told him that we should just take turns robbing the stores instead of both of us bursting in and unintentionally killing each other, but the dude doesn't listen. Probably got dropped on his head a few times as a baby.

Yeah, lol I know what you mean. Like when no one sits as get-away driver on a hot run because they all want to be where the action is...and then WHACK!

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Daily Bump,

Keep the comments coming, guys, thanks.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

I was trying to kick a car door and killed my friend

Flynny
  • Flynny

Future Uncle

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:00 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 10 October 2013 - 08:01 PM.

I've done it in deathmatches to opponents, I feel really bad afterwards :(

no wait I'm thinking of soem other melee bash I think - still felt sh*t

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yea recently killed a friend while escaping a shoot out with cops. I had taken cover behind the car and was providing support fire while he was running up to the car. It was his, so I was coving him while he tried to get in the driver side. And being in cover behind the front driver side fender, when he went by as I was covering him... I, without any way to control it, bashed his face in without losing a beat... great. Then I got shot in the head while yelling "bullsh*t!" about it. If we die by our mistakes that's great, but by slightly poor mechanical details is very frustrating.

Seriously we need an option for "friendly fire melee" at the very least.

PLEASE R'STAR!

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

Need to remove medical bills and add cooperative server and FF on servers. All together results in this.

sinth88
  • sinth88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

This has happened a few of times to me too. Definately needs some kind of friendly fire switch.

Joreus
  • Joreus

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Not by accident, lol.

Playing schoolyard hockey and things got really heated. Brawl breaks out. Friend thought he would psyche out "bad guy" by looking another direction and then clobbering him in the head. "Bad guy" was me, and he broke a hockey stick over my head. Everyone stopped fighting because of pure confusion and we all chuckled and I don't think anyone was still upset enough to fight.

• GTAVMichael likes this

Anti Warhol
  • Anti Warhol

The Brat Pack

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

Agreed, bump

DontTrustCloudServers
  • DontTrustCloudServers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

yep they gotta fix that, its happened to a me and my buddy a couple of times...

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'll add to the frustration shown by all of the posters, great thread OP

With the potential depth that this game will offer over time it beggars belief that you can take out your pal or team mate when battling against opponents.

@R* - Get this fixed BEFORE introducing heists or there will be a lot of very UNHAPPY bank robbers shooting up their crew by accident and thinking "whats the f**king point!!"

#rant over

MackRotten
  • MackRotten

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

I do this all the time when trying to reload.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

#1 Dinka Thrust Fan

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Known in military circles as 'friendly punch'.

• OptionalZero likes this

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Thanks for the support guys. Keep them coming.

(My Daily Bump Here).

I'll try maybe to set up a poll vote for this thread or idea... (if I can figure it out.)

Getting lots of views, but we need your help to bring it to the attention of R*star if we can. So keep those bumps coming.

Also... clobbered my friend last night while trying to rob a place... at what must be the maximum distance apparently... we were very far apart... So yeah, the robbery barely didn't cover the cost of an unintentional "Friendly Punch"

And yes this needs fixing before heists.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

I've been hit my a friends baseball bat on more than one occasion. All we were trying to do was beat a civilians car...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users