Quantcast

» «
Photo

Stuck behind a chair - Franklin (Vinewood Hills)

Best Answer RickLaycock, 13 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

I AM OUT!!!!

More luck than judgement though.

I decided to have a go online and was just playing along as you do. My internet connection must have dropped, so the game came up saying 'connection timed out, returning to story mode'.

Which it did to Franklin sat on his laptop at his table, and then can play on from there...!!! :).

Thanks for replys.

Rick.

Go to the full post

17 replies to this topic
RickLaycock
  • RickLaycock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

I have completed the task where

Spoiler
. I then became Franklin. Went into his house at Vinewood, to save the game, then somehow ended up behind the chair in the corner of his house. The one with the plant and the lamp next to it, which looks out onto his swimming pool.

I can press R1, so he either hides behind the chair or stands against the glass. I cannot 'shimmy' past the plant or the lamp, the only thing I can do is get from the tiny space between the lamp and the chair and the space between the chair and the lamp. It wont let me use the weapon wheel as i'm in my own house, and for some reason, pressing square to jump, wont work either.

I have gone back to the last mission, but it comes back to him behind the chair. I have switched everything off and on, still behind the chair.

I do think I am well and truly stuck. Anyone have any ideas?

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

If you press Square while in cover, you can go round corners while staying in cover. I have used this to get unstuck before. good luck

RickLaycock
  • RickLaycock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

I will have a go at that, but I think the plant and lamp are too tight to the chair and he basically just turns back. I spent about an hour trying to get out last night.

I have even had a friend who's completed it, try and get stuck in the same place but he says it's impossible for him to get behind the chair.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:45 AM Edited by Spuds725, 10 October 2013 - 11:59 AM.

Try replaying a mission (not reloading)-- if you don't want to actually play the mission, then kill yourself right away with grenade and see if you come back to the same spot when it is over.

I have no idea if this will work just throwing it out there as something to try.

If you reloaded a save and you are there then it sounds as if you did a quick save in that location-- no other recent saves slots you can go back to?

RickLaycock
  • RickLaycock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

I have tried with the mission and killed myself straight away, comes back behind the chair!

When you say recent saves, is there anyway i can get back? I usually just save over the last point i was at.

Cuse
  • Cuse

0_0

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

I have tried with the mission and killed myself straight away, comes back behind the chair!

When you say recent saves, is there anyway i can get back? I usually just save over the last point i was at.

Just tried this out for kicks....there is no way out man

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:01 AM Edited by Spuds725, 11 October 2013 - 11:26 AM.

Another guess.... Try calling 911... Maybe you can get a wanted level for calling cops for no reason.

//edit// this got me thinking... I usually don't condone cheats but u may not have a choice.. If all else fails.

Raise Wanted Level - R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT

The above is for ps3...if u are on xbox you will have to look up.

Hopefully they will enter house and kill u.

If u get out of this, I urge u to save your game in a new slot every 5 percent or so... Many of us have been experiencing missiing mission bugs... I just had to reload a save so i can get my missing one (i had to go back about 20%)

RickLaycock
  • RickLaycock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

I genuinely cannot believe its happened. I am not a person who will sit and play the game all hours in the day, but i thought i was doing well to get to this point, plodding along through the missions. This is why i cant see myself going all the way back to the start. Only signed up to here because ive become instrested in seeing if this is a complete fluke that this has happened and now have found myself wanting to get out of it so much.

I've shown all my friends and they've no idea. Like i say, theyve tried to get stuck and cant even do it themselves.

I then thought about cheats, i thought they must work. Tried the skyfall cheat, but doesnt seem to activate, as this is 'when you spawn' so i guess i have to die to activate. Tried a jump cheat to no avail. Do cheats even work in your own home, (thinking if weapon wheel doesnt, they wont). I will try the wanted level, but will the cops come in my house? I have tried ringing them off the mobile phone?

Benfolio
  • Benfolio

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Cops can and will come into your house, so if that's all that's left, give it a shot. Literally.

Kayli
  • Kayli

Love Bites

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

Jump and press square?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

Jump doesn't work in interiors (at least safehouses)-- and you can't bring up weapons so you can't do the aim/roll either.

RickLaycock
  • RickLaycock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:04 PM   Best Answer

I AM OUT!!!!

More luck than judgement though.

I decided to have a go online and was just playing along as you do. My internet connection must have dropped, so the game came up saying 'connection timed out, returning to story mode'.

Which it did to Franklin sat on his laptop at his table, and then can play on from there...!!! :).

Thanks for replys.

Rick.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Cool-- 

So you never tried the raise wanted level cheat?

RickLaycock
  • RickLaycock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

I didnt get round to trying that as i just thought i'd play online for a bit.

When i had tried other cheats, they didnt seem to activate at all. Maybe because i was in the safehouse?

se7enet
  • se7enet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

Looks like you already got out but I wanted to let you (and anyone else who finds this after googling "Franklin stuck behind chair"... Which... Um... I totally didn't do!) that I figured out a way out. Just hold down and switch to Michael or Trevor, then immediately switch back to Franklin. It put me out in the middle of his living room.

Hope this helps someone.

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

@se7enet The OP stated why switching to Michael or Trevor wouldn't work in this situation.

se7enet
  • se7enet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Ah yeah I see that now, I didn't notice it under the spoiler tags before.

URC_shadow
  • URC_shadow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

Just had the exact same thing happen to me. Couldn't select weapons, couldn't jump, could select Trevor or Michael during exile. Replay a mission didn't help. In the end going online and then leaving online again worked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users