No animals around when Chop is with me.

12 replies to this topic
JoNiZ
  • JoNiZ

Joe Jamal

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hey, 

Numerous times have I walked and driven through the landscape of Los Santos with Chop, and I have yet to encounter any animal that normally appear when I'm alone (without Chop). 

I thought it would be fun to see Chop mauling dogs, wolves, cougars etc. 

Have any of you guys experienced the presence of animals when Chop is with you? 

Thanks in advance  :cool:

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Another question related to animals... Have you seen them on GTA Online?

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

JoNiZ
  • JoNiZ

Joe Jamal

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Haven't really played online that much, so I gotta give you a big fat no on that one :)

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

There are other dogs and animals in the game. When driving past one place, I went to a man on his stoop yelling at me. I shot him and was mauled by his dog from behind...

Some dogs are also associated with the gangs as in, if you shoot a gang member their dog will attack you..

Same for pedestrians who have dogs (and their usually not on their own either, so). If it helps, I saw a man walking near (what was) the Lost hangar.

JoNiZ
  • JoNiZ

Joe Jamal

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

There are other dogs and animals in the game. When driving past one place, I went to a man on his stoop yelling at me. I shot him and was mauled by his dog from behind...

Some dogs are also associated with the gangs as in, if you shoot a gang member their dog will attack you..

Same for pedestrians who have dogs (and their usually not on their own either, so). If it helps, I saw a man walking near (what was) the Lost hangar.

Please read my post again. I'm very aware that there are animals in the game :p

The animals just don't appear when Chop (Franklin's dog) is with me. 

stevie_g
  • stevie_g

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

m8 ..i know what ur talking about... i found it strange while looking for other animals for chop for his dinner .. i could see none... no dogs or even the deers..i did go to grapeseed though and the cows where present...chop was not very cooperative there though... anyhows :)

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

wow! I've not actually noticed that before

JoNiZ
  • JoNiZ

Joe Jamal

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

m8 ..i know what ur talking about... i found it strange while looking for other animals for chop for his dinner .. i could see none... no dogs or even the deers..i did go to grapeseed though and the cows where present...chop was not very cooperative there though... anyhows :)

Hehe thanks for the heads up mate, now I know I'm not the only one with this "problem" :)

JoNiZ
  • JoNiZ

Joe Jamal

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Bump.

Maybe R* didn't include this option or maybe it's just a bug that will be fixed in future updates, I don't know.

If anyone have any knowledge particular to this thing with the animals being absent when Chop is around, please holla at me. 

JoNiZ
  • JoNiZ

Joe Jamal

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

BUMP. 

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Nope. I've played a while now and have yet to see as much as a coyote stalking the country roads.

My 2 cents: R* decided to save on dev costs and took out the 4 legged animals with any sort of official hunting mini game.  Because they correctly theorized there would be sufficient 2 legged animals to provide enough sport and entertainment for the pathological greifers who infest free mode. :lol:

JoNiZ
  • JoNiZ

Joe Jamal

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Bump.

boberson01
  • boberson01

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

As far as I know they are not in Online. But seeing as how online was just released, it is very possible that they will add them and other features back over time that are not in online right now.  I'd rather they start small with online and sort out technical issues and add things into it in a stable way, instead of having everything from animals, to heists, to Liberty City all on launch day. No doubt we will have animals in online eventually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users