Photo

Google dns codes

4 replies to this topic
Wootg1337
  • Wootg1337

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Can anyone explain this to me? Where do I configure this and what do I have to do?

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Isn't DNS a thing that you can manipulate to think you're in a different country? I use it for U.S Netflix on my PS3(U.K Netflix sucks). I'm wondering if maybe that is the reason I keep getting in American lobbies in GTA, or maybe because most my friend list our Americans and I'm in an American crew :/

Is that what you're trying to do? 

Wootg1337
  • Wootg1337

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

I just read some guys comment about him being able to get online through this, I've found out how it works, testing now.

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Isn't DNS a thing that you can manipulate to think you're in a different country? I use it for U.S Netflix on my PS3(U.K Netflix sucks). I'm wondering if maybe that is the reason I keep getting in American lobbies in GTA, or maybe because most my friend list our Americans and I'm in an American crew :/

Is that what you're trying to do? 

DNS = Domain Name Server.

DNS relates the domain name of an address such as gtaforums,com to the actual IP address of the server hosting the website.

When you get your service from your ISP you will normally resolve domain names through the ISPs own DNS.

Some ISPs DNS can be ropey occasionally, so sometimes people use Googles DNS. Also sometime you might want to filter certain content in which case you can use OpenDNS or another provider which allows filtering of addresses.

The DNS settings are configured in the network settings of your console or if you like your router.

To mask your IP location you would use a VPN connection to a server in the country you wish to appear to be connecting from . This is not at all related to DNS.

Wootg1337
  • Wootg1337

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Works perfectly for me! Can play flawlessly online now, finally!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users