Photo

How did Derrick die if you spared him?

28 replies to this topic
CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Packie revealed it in GTA V: Derrick is dead no matter if you killed him or not.

But it got me thinking... If you did not kill him in Blood Brothers, how would he have died between the events of GTA IV and GTA V?

Considering that he was an addict (as I remember), I think overdose of alcohol and drugs.
  • PsychoGamer likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

1. Age - he was the oldest one of the Maureen's children

2. Alcohol overdose

3. Drug overdose

4. Fight with a hobo over a bench

5. Killed by Kim-Young Guk's people after Niko dispose of him.

• Coral_City and Zello like this

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

The obvious one would be an overdose.

But I think it'd play out something like this:
His drug addiction gets worse, and it doesn't help when his mother passes away (assuming Packie wouldn't have left her on her own). Derrick wastes all the money and needs more for his drugs. He is heavily addicted and in no state to raise any. Packie lends it to him once but refuses to give him anymore after that. Derrick even attempts to contact Niko but Niko ignores him as he's trying to leave the criminal life. With no other option, Derrick desperatily attempts to raise more money by robbing a store while completely wasted on alcohol, but is shot dead by police as soon as he exits the store.

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

His drug addiction gets worse, and it doesn't help when his mother passes away (assuming Packie wouldn't have left her on her own). Derrick wastes all the money and needs more for his drugs. He is heavily addicted and in no state to raise any. Packie lends it to him once but refuses to give him anymore after that. Derrick even attempts to contact Niko but Niko ignores him as he's trying to leave the criminal life. With no other option, Derrick desperatily attempts to raise more money by robbing a store while completely wasted on alcohol, but is shot dead by police as soon as he exits the store.

Yeah, I second this. He didn't really follow Niko's advice to get off the drugs. He must of died from a drug overdose. 

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

He got hit by Tommy Vercettrain.

• theNGclan, TJGM, Mr.Faustin and 5 others like this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

He got hit by Tommy Vercettrain.

Lol good one.  :^:

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

Yeah, I second this. He didn't really follow Niko's advice to get off the drugs. He must of died from a drug overdose. 

I third this as it sounds very plausible.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hold on, they confirmed that the fate of Derrick is left independent from Niko's choice?

So ... can we assume that the same 'could' be said to others? That Roman and Kate would have both died, regardless?

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

1. Age - he was the oldest one of the Maureen's children

2. Alcohol overdose

3. Drug overdose

4. Fight with a hobo over a bench

5. Killed by Kim-Young Guk's people after Niko dispose of him.

I agree with Tycek on this one. It was more than likely Derek died from a drug overdose. With all of that money he had earned with Niko Bellic, all of the cash probably went to the drugs and he lived his remaining days as a hardcore drug addict. Either that or he was personally taken care off by Kim-Yung-Guk's men.

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

He probably got killed in a fight over a bench. :lol:

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

He probably got killed in a fight over a bench. :lol:

Haha.  :^: 

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

Why would Kim Yung Guk's men kill Derrick? He helped them.
It was Gravelli who ordered Niko kill him.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

Use spoiler tags idiot. This is the GTA IV Forum not the GTA V Forum.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

That's what happens. Niko did indeed kill Kim Young Guk, but from the Korean Mob's perspective, Derek could of ordered the death of Kim Young Guk and by killing him would ultimately make Derek the biggest counterfeiter in the city. 

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

Maybe the option to 

Spoiler
is the cannon option, like how
Spoiler
still appears to be alive with him being on Niko's Lifeinvader page and having his cab company referenced.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

That's what happens. Niko did indeed kill Kim Young Guk, but from the Korean Mob's perspective, Derek could of ordered the death of Kim Young Guk and by killing him would ultimately make Derek the biggest counterfeiter in the city. 

Ahh, I see your point there. However Kim was the only one there who knew Niko's association with Derrick, and he's dead.

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

Wait, If he didn't have any money how did he get the alcohol?

Unless he nabbed one whilst robbing the store but even then he wouldn't be "wasted".

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

Wait, If he didn't have any money how did he get the alcohol?

Unless he nabbed one whilst robbing the store but even then he wouldn't be "wasted".

It's not that hard for a homeless ex criminal to get his hands on some drink.  Drugs are a bit different.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Ahh, I see your point there. However Kim was the only one there who knew Niko's association with Derrick, and he's dead.

I mean.. the Korean Mob got rich from counterfeiting. The Korean Mob likely knew Derrick and Niko provided protection to Kim Young Guk. Like any other criminal in Liberty City, they all have one thing in common, they are all greedy. Derrick could of ordered his death and Niko being the hitman, killing other Korean Mob associates. See the connection between Derrick and Niko? That's good enough for anyone to pass judgement upon. That's all the evidence right there. I doubt very much that Kim Young Guk was working alone. He probably had bosses and partners, and Kim could of easily mentioned that Derrick and Niko helped him and secured the counterfeited money into Liberty City. Plus - The location where Kim and his associates were hiding, that Korean restaurant, was in a Korean neighborhood. There were a large amount of witnesses from innocents and Korean Mob associates. I remember going into that room and threatening a Korean person for information about Kim's escape route. That person could of passed on the word and the Korean Mob could of easily traced back his previous criminal affiliations. It's that easy. It is also likely that the Korean Mob were into corrupting Liberty City police officials and could of easy bribed an officer in return for important information.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

Maybe the option to 

Spoiler
is the cannon option, like how
Spoiler
still appears to be alive with him being on Niko's Lifeinvader page and having his cab company referenced.

That doesn't prove the Revenge ending is canon: For two reasons:

1. Roman's cab company could have easily been inherited by Niko or Mallorie. It's likely they would have kept the name in his honor.

2. A small easter egg shouldn't be considered canon. Even if Roman did have a page, it's possible that it was only set up by Niko or Mallorie to honor him.

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:48 AM

I like to think that Derrick committed suicide, either by deliberately overdosing or otherwise, maybe leaving behind a note that says, "I'm sorry". It just sort of fits my interpretation of his personality.

If Francis lived, I could see him doing something similar and shooting himself in the temple at his desk, after his corrupt ways begin to catch up to him and/or the suppressed guilt he carries becomes too much to bear.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:03 AM

I don't remember him ever saying this. Does Packie discuss this during a heist?

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

I don't remember him ever saying this. Does Packie discuss this during a heist?

He says that during the Paleto Score heist.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

I like to think that Derrick committed suicide, either by deliberately overdosing or otherwise, maybe leaving behind a note that says, "I'm sorry". It just sort of fits my interpretation of his personality.

If Francis lived, I could see him doing something similar and shooting himself in the temple at his desk, after his corrupt ways begin to catch up to him and/or the suppressed guilt he carries becomes too much to bear.

I can see the possibility of that. Derek never gave up. He always kept fighting, no matter the odds. I doubt he committed suicide. More of an accidental drug overdose. Once Derek and Niko helped Kim Young Guk into the city, Derek was rich. A large amount of his payment more than likely went to the drugs. Either way.. it makes more sense if Derek was killed by Niko rather than Francis. Francis would be a corrupt high official and I can see that.

LILSPILLYUM
  • LILSPILLYUM

LILspillyum

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

i dont know he seemed abit like a rat piece of sh*t,i only let the guy live cause his brother was worse. LSPD crime records state that gerald was a snitch,he deserves what happend to him,what ever it was, and my money says the piece of sh*t OD'ed, because the way packie anounced sounded like he died, not that he was murdered. plus i think he left LC,because things were too hot overthere plus the pegorinos, the only tie to big money the Mcreary mob had, werent exactly  in good shape after gta 4

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

Common sense would tell you he died from drugs/drinking too much. Dumb question.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

Likely because of the drugs. That's what got him. 

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Homie

• Members
  • Eritrea

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

Rest in Peace Derrick. I actually liked him. 

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

THERE IS NO CHEESE AT THE END OF THIS MAZE. ONLY ASSF*CK.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

The answer of this canon/continuity error lies somewhere with the Phil Cassidy arm mystery...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users