Photo

How to make a good concept thread

2 replies to this topic
PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

GodForgiveHer

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:41 PM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 09 October 2013 - 07:44 PM.

Hi everybody, folks, fanboys, newbies, and everyone else!

I saw many people trying to explain their ideas and dreams of a future GTA to others by making concept threads, but not many of them are successful.

We're in 2013, the year of concepts, in my opinion. Concept writing has came back and I'll explain you how to make a good one here. So, let's start!

~ What you need ~

Sometimes people have an idea for a new location, or a radio station, and thus they start a thread! But these aren't enough; A concept needs ideas with...

1. Location

Cities and states used in previous games, or new locations and states. However, you should have an idea with location. But don't forget to parody a little! Don't use real life name of a city or state you want to use, find a name for it and also don't use its real life map.

E.g. Los Santos (Los Angles), Liberty City (New York City), etc.

2. Graphics

Make a logo, some headers and any other graphics stuff you can make, for your concept. Concepts without graphics fail, most times. People like graphics more than statements.

3. Map

Don't use a real life map of the city you want to remake. Make detailed maps and name every aspect of the city. Maps with several islands, cities, or countryside are more popular, and this is why nobody forgets San Andreas!

4. Story and Characters

Think about what is going to happen, in the city of your concept. What people are going to get to the top, and who helps them, Who are protagonists, and antagonists. Everybody enjoys a concept with a good storyline. If you have patience and idea of a complete storyline, write missions and their rewards.

5. Music

A good concept, should have good radio stations. Think about the radio stations, genres and tracklists of your game before publishing the concept (Seriously! I'm in trouble with finding a matching theme song with San Francisco). Make sure that the music you use, matches the culture of location you use.

6. TV and Internet content (Just for modern-day concepts)

If your concept is going to take place in modern-day time, write about TV channels, websites and their content. Don't limit yourself to Weazel, CNT and LifeInvader!

7. Weapons

Make a list of weapons, and even their icons. It would make shooters interested in your concept!

8. Vehicles

What will gamers use to ride around your map? Planes, Helicopters, Cars, Trains, Truck, Bikes, etc. Make a list of vehicles and help readers have better responses to your concept!

9. Activities / Gameplay

Sometimes, when you get tired of playing storyline missions, you need some break and having some side activities. What are side missions and gameplay features, new or re-used in your concept? Don't forget to write them.

~ Other Suggestions ~

- Make an "Updates" section in your main post. Tell people about latest stuff you've done, and try to reply every response to your concept (But don't feed trolls!)

- Write a post for every new thing you do.

E.g. "Radio stations' tracklists added! Wait for more info!"

- Don't make people disappointed. If you aren't ready for adding info on something, e.g. Weapons, write "Info on weapons will come soon" or "Stay tuned for info on weapons".

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'll make this post better in coming days.

Hope it helps you.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

I think you missed the pinned thread on the same subject

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

GodForgiveHer

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:01 AM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 10 October 2013 - 08:02 AM.

No i have seen it but this thread is way different. Just read both topics and you'll see how different they are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users