Photo

GTAO is boring after patch

220 replies to this topic
Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

It's a cash cow if you're going to give them cash. I bought a huge immersive crime game. COnetxt and history, all this pissing and moaning is over a false sense of entitlement. If the game's bad don't play it and use your consumer right to boycott. But Jesus, it's just game and a fun one at that. Then again, I'm not 14 with nothing to do but play video games. WISH I WAS THOUGH!

Nice try ... Point is i like GTA - alot,and it pisses me off that they are ruining something which could be really fun ... Sense of entitlement ? No, but i care - and ppl are f*cking it up ... FYI im 39 and have no money issues ...

Nick2ooo
  • Nick2ooo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

If you are trolling then this is an excellent post and you have us all fooled.

If you are not, and you are upset that you cannot exploit a game...

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

I enjoyed earning money before the patch. I actually felt like I made progress every day. But no, Rockstar decided that ANY effective way of making money that doesn't involve microtransactions should be removed. Now, all there is to do is the same old missions a bunch of times, and getting barely any XP or cash. What fun is that?

Let's see, last night after patch I:
  • Didn't grind/farm any missions
  • Obtained $90K
  • Ranked up from Lvl 16 --> Lvl 22
  • Raced muscle cars
  • Raced classic sports cars
  • Raced golf carts
  • Raced dirt bikes/ATV/buggy
  • Had a deathmatch
  • Ran a crew vs. crew mission
  • Robbed about 10 stores, evading upwards of 4 stars
  • Did a free fall parachute race
  • Three different Survival locals
  • Stole a plane and played chicken with someone else flying around
  • Did a few coop missions
  • Tried more than a couple times to get a jet out of the fort
  • and some other sh*t
Nearly $100K in a night while leveling up six levels seems about right for this game. Just because others are farming and getting insanely high levels and money doesn't make it boring to not do that. 

In GTA4, races were fun because it was balanced. GTAV just plain sucks. Catchup? Wow. That's like getting killed 50 times in a deathmatch and saying "I SUCK AT THIS GAME I DESERVE 100 FREE KILLS". Slipstream? WAAAY too f*cking overpowered. Any noob can win a race by slipstreaming behind the guy in first, then ramming him. There is literally NO counter for the guy infront. You either get slipstreamed and rammed, or go offroad and get slowed down. That's just bullsh*t.

Ummm....catch up can be turned off by the host. Just request them to do so. And, you know, you can counter being rammed from behind by being a better driver....right?

Driving skill does not play any part at all, when you're on a straight, you're both in the same car, but the guy behind you gains absurd amount of speed from slipstreaming, and then rams you. Can you not see where driving skiull does not play any part in that?

And sure you can ASK the host to turn catchup off but the vast majority of players are noobs or foreign so you're stuck racing with catchup or not at all.

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Ever since that patch, GTAO has just become really boring.

I enjoyed earning money before the patch. I actually felt like I made progress every day. But no, Rockstar decided that ANY effective way of making money that doesn't involve microtransactions should be removed. Now, all there is to do is the same old missions a bunch of times, and getting barely any XP or cash. What fun is that? This game really is only for people who pay for microtransactions. It's noob friendly. Even the f*cking races are noob friendly. In GTA4, races were fun because it was balanced. GTAV just plain sucks. Catchup? Wow. That's like getting killed 50 times in a deathmatch and saying "I SUCK AT THIS GAME I DESERVE 100 FREE KILLS". Slipstream? WAAAY too f*cking overpowered. Any noob can win a race by slipstreaming behind the guy in first, then ramming him. There is literally NO counter for the guy infront. You either get slipstreamed and rammed, or go offroad and get slowed down. That's just bullsh*t.

Pre-release info overhyped the game A LOT. That titan mission, that fake as f*ck setup they showed to CVG was just bullsh*t. Helicopter scout? BULLsh*t. You can ONLY afford a helicopter when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars. But if you can afford a helicopter, why would yoou NEED to do that mission at all? That's f*cking stupid. In their presentation, they have helicopter scouts, lots of action. In the real thing, it's drive to the airport, go through a bland gunfight JUST LIKE THE REST, then take the plane back.

We don't even get heists yet, and when we do, they won't even pay well. That's pretty much guaranteed. AND you need a heist planning board, which involves LOADS of grinding to afford it, BUT OH WAIT THAT GRINDING WAS PATCHED. Sure, I managed to get a 200k apartment through grinding, but that was fun grinding because I actually made progress. Now that grinding is fixed, no more meaningful progress can be made. I was saving up for an Entity XF, I have 500K and the car costs 800K, I planned to do some Violent Duct today and get money for that, but R* patched it so that's out the window. No Entity XF for you unless you spend AGES doing the same missions over and over WITH NO PROGRESS, or hand over real money.

/rant

Get a grip you idiot, farming obvious broken missions and beating the game in a couple of days wasn't the intention for online, now instead your crying because you have to actually do the jobs and i am glad they did patch it because now we might actually see some full lobbies, all of them were pretty much empty because people like you who wanted everything straight away were just doing the same mission over and over.

Akinhenwa
  • Akinhenwa

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Wait this kid is actually 14. I get it now. You feel you're owed something but you're not- and no one cares. It's cool. You're a kid.

Go play Mario Bros 1, 2, ans 3, then come back to GTAO to see how "awful" it is. Go play a game where there's two buttons and after hours of gameplay a pink princess (who says nothing and more importantly shows nothing) jumps up and down. Go play that. With a wired controller on a Standard Def TV.  Go play that and come back and complain. Jesus.

Still searching for relevancy to topic.
  • lazy. likes this

Zenlightened
  • Zenlightened

Disposable Assassin

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I get where you're coming from OP. The problem isn't the ability to grind missions being removed, the problem is only a handful of missions give worthwhile rewards. Simple solution for R*: re-evaluate the difficulty of certain missions (EX: Last night Martin's "kill the lawyer" assassination mission was buffed to a 9k payout. This mission is vastly easier than VD in theory yet now VD has a 3k payout...wtf...Also, all Simeon missions are way too "difficult" for their crap payouts) and re-evaluate rewards. 

In fact, the best solution to keep random jobs worthwhile is to SCALE REWARDS. At rank 1-10 you should be getting 1-2k per job. At 11-20 you should get upwards of 3k, 21-40 should give upwards of 7k per job, 41-75 should give upwards of 10k, 75+ should give 10-25k. This isn't the job rank, this is your rank. Rewards should scale...that way Pier Pressure or any Simeon mission may actually be worth doing for the time investment. 

This is, of course, only referring to jobs. The actual multiplayer competitive stuff is actually pretty well balanced in it's reward structure. Not everyone gets into PvP as much (me included), and I only do these things as a means to an end (ex: racing for car mods). I get more enjoyment of out of co-operative PvE stuff...it's included in the game...the rewards are just a mess atm. 

danny2n
  • danny2n

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

games been out for a week or so and yet youre already complaining ? srsly mate give rockstar some time to polish the game. heists arent even out yet, yet youre alreadu complaining. if you find GTAO boring then dont play, its so f*cking simple, use your common sense OP

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

I enjoyed earning money before the patch. I actually felt like I made progress every day. But no, Rockstar decided that ANY effective way of making money that doesn't involve microtransactions should be removed. Now, all there is to do is the same old missions a bunch of times, and getting barely any XP or cash. What fun is that? This game really is only for people who pay for microtransactions. It's noob friendly. Even the f*cking races are noob friendly. In GTA4, races were fun because it was balanced. GTAV just plain sucks. Catchup? Wow. That's like getting killed 50 times in a deathmatch and saying "I SUCK AT THIS GAME I DESERVE 100 FREE KILLS". Slipstream? WAAAY too f*cking overpowered. Any noob can win a race by slipstreaming behind the guy in first, then ramming him. There is literally NO counter for the guy infront. You either get slipstreamed and rammed, or go offroad and get slowed down. That's just bullsh*t.

Pre-release info overhyped the game A LOT. That titan mission, that fake as f*ck setup they showed to CVG was just bullsh*t. Helicopter scout? BULLsh*t. You can ONLY afford a helicopter when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars. But if you can afford a helicopter, why would yoou NEED to do that mission at all? That's f*cking stupid. In their presentation, they have helicopter scouts, lots of action. In the real thing, it's drive to the airport, go through a bland gunfight JUST LIKE THE REST, then take the plane back.

We don't even get heists yet, and when we do, they won't even pay well. That's pretty much guaranteed. AND you need a heist planning board, which involves LOADS of grinding to afford it, BUT OH WAIT THAT GRINDING WAS PATCHED. Sure, I managed to get a 200k apartment through grinding, but that was fun grinding because I actually made progress. Now that grinding is fixed, no more meaningful progress can be made. I was saving up for an Entity XF, I have 500K and the car costs 800K, I planned to do some Violent Duct today and get money for that, but R* patched it so that's out the window. No Entity XF for you unless you spend AGES doing the same missions over and over WITH NO PROGRESS, or hand over real money.

/rant

Get a grip you idiot, farming obvious broken missions and beating the game in a couple of days wasn't the intention for online, now instead your crying because you have to actually do the jobs and i am glad they did patch it because now we might actually see some full lobbies, all of them were pretty much empty because people like you who wanted everything straight away were just doing the same mission over and over.

So would you rather play the game on your current level or would you rather be level 100 and enjoy all the cool stuff? If you choose the first choice then wow, you are boring ;)

Hadria
  • Hadria

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

People just want everything right NOW. That's not how this game was suppose to be but since they were able to replay the same missions hundreds of times it messed it all up.

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

/rant

So would you rather play the game on your current level or would you rather be level 100 and enjoy all the cool stuff? If you choose the first choice then wow, you are boring ;)

I suppose in every MMO they should just make everyone max level at the start too resulting in half of the content being wasted right? Do you know how many cool missions there are in online? Probably not because he spam one mission, you call me boring yet your happy to replay the same scenario for hours and hours, f*cking dumbass.

Warm custard
  • Warm custard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

OP is mad because he actually has to play the game properly now. HAHA.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

People just want everything right NOW. That's not how this game was suppose to be but since they were able to replay the same missions hundreds of times it messed it all up.

Well yeah. I don't really feel like playing the missions I don't care for. I just want to free roam with somewhat of a unique car and I'd like to avenge my death with a helicopter so they don't f*ck with me anymore.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

The problem with your post is, you had fun GRINDING to get the money, not actually spending it. So microtransactions aren't going to help your cause. Plus, I didn't farm and earned 400,000 legit and bought my apartment. It didn't take that long at all. You shouldn't be able to afford the most expensive apartment in the game within a couple days. That's stupid. 

I earned it in an hour and a half.  It wasn't stupid at all.

• x ITz A Ranga likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Not the "Driving Skill" stat....I mean YOUR personal skill. Yes, you can get hit from behind, you just have to correct your skid correctly. If done right, you'll even still be in front of the guy who just rammed you. On the other hand, you can swerve just before they hit you, get them along the side of you, then pull your car into the back portion of their car, causing them to spin out. 

Just practice instead of bitch. 

damienr95
  • damienr95

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

This. All these little ass kids playing want everything before everyone else so they can have "superiority" over people in a game. I'm fine with waiting a couple weeks before I am able to buy a nice house. I have a 2 car garage and I'm quite happy with that right now. All you guys are bitching because rockstar patched an EXPLOIT. f*cking ridiculous.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

/rant

I suppose in every MMO they should just make everyone max level at the start too resulting in half of the content being wasted right? Do you know how many cool missions there are in online? Probably not because he spam one mission, you call me boring yet your happy to replay the same scenario for hours and hours, f*cking dumbass.

Exactly. I am repeating the missions like you do but you are so far in denial to realize it, jerk off. Let me clear this up for you.

I just repeat the current one job. You are doing other jobs that require the same f*cking thing.

GO HERE, KILL THESE PEOPLE, RUN AWAY, DELIVER.

Oh yeah, such nice fun missions eh?

Mind arguing with me any more, asshole?

• x ITz A Ranga likes this

BroDoYouEvenLift
  • BroDoYouEvenLift

Crackhead

• Members

What's with these accusations of entitlement? Entitlement is when you think you're owed something for doing nothing. But the way you guys are using it, you would accuse someone of entitlement when they complain about getting the wrong order or receiving a lower-quality-than-expected product. By your definition, our founding fathers were a bunch of crybabies and should've dealt with it.

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun and I don't like seeing certain mechanics being exploited, but damn. Complaining is good, as long as it's not unreasonable.

GH05TF4CE
  • GH05TF4CE

I love lamp

• Members

Just opened a crate from one of them drops in free roam. Btw, I've opened about 6 or 7 by now and that last one was worth it. The title "trigger" came up and I got 5000rp, 10000k, a mini-gun and my health bar went up to max (the one that looks like your skill bar), wether that stays like that I don't know. Every other crate I've opened were normally 500rp and a gun. Although I opened one that had nothing!

danny2n
  • danny2n

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

/rant

^exactly, obviously his never played an MMO before lmao

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

OP is mad because he actually has to play the game properly now. HAHA.

Oh, good, more of these folks.

"Properly"

hah

:shakes head:

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

This. All these little ass kids playing want everything before everyone else so they can have "superiority" over people in a game. I'm fine with waiting a couple weeks before I am able to buy a nice house. I have a 2 car garage and I'm quite happy with that right now. All you guys are bitching because rockstar patched an EXPLOIT. f*cking ridiculous.

I am sorry you have all the time in the world to do boring missions where it gives you 5k-10k. Yeah that's real fun.

I would love to be friends with you real life. I bet if I were wanting to go out and socialize with other people and I asked you to tag along, you'd prefer to play the long drawn out missions in GTA lol SQUARE

BLAQK ROXSTAR
  • BLAQK ROXSTAR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

tl;dr

I'm bitching because I actually have to play the game the way it was intended to be played. I'm a self entitled little kid that expects everything to be easy and handed to me on a silver platter. I keep losing races so the game must be broken and it has nothing to do with my lack of skill. 

I fixed the OP 

bfett21
  • bfett21

The scourge of Carpathia

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Seriously, do survival missions. I raked in 12 grand in one session of 8 waves. I dunno how many full waves they have in them, but I heard some guys got to wave 30 and walked away with a million each.

adra12
  • adra12

Orange and Maroon VT

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

I have had more fun losing money than I have had trying to make a lot of money in this game, and I am happy most people aren't already running around with tanks and rpgs. So I find the op and his supporters in this threads points completely invalid.

Stopping worrying about having the most money and start finding stuff in the game you enjoy doing, the money and level will come in time.

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:03 PM Edited by twigs2001, 09 October 2013 - 07:05 PM.

/rant

Exactly. I am repeating the missions like you do but you are so far in denial to realize it, jerk off. Let me clear this up for you.

I just repeat the current one job. You are doing other jobs that require the same f*cking thing.

Not really because your clearly a 12 year old spoilt little bitch, im talking about the missions top fun, crooked cops, the others that require teams, but oops you wouldn't know about them. Hopefully you and your kind f*ck off when the new COD comes out. And btw im enjoying the game as level 32, what different can you do at level 100 to me except maybe buy a couple of extra weapons or sprays for your car? Not much. Your just upset because you can't show off to your friends now in your garage full of supercars :(

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

As somebody smart said, you can either ask the host to turn off catchup or just host yourself. And if you dont want people slipstreaming just try to drive around cars and stuff. Be smart.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by nexoric, 09 October 2013 - 07:05 PM.

/rant

Not really because your clearly a 12 year old spoilt little bitch, im talking about the missions top fun, crooked cops, the others that require teams, but oops you wouldn't know about them. Hopefully you and your kind f*ck off when the new COD comes out.

Talking about spoiled when it has to do with a f*cking videogame? You really take videogames seriously don't you? sad little f*ck

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Let's see, last night after patch I:

• Didn't grind/farm any missions
  • Obtained $90K
  • Ranked up from Lvl 16 --> Lvl 22
  • Raced muscle cars
  • Raced classic sports cars
  • Raced golf carts
  • Raced dirt bikes/ATV/buggy
  • Had a deathmatch
  • Ran a crew vs. crew mission
  • Robbed about 10 stores, evading upwards of 4 stars
  • Did a free fall parachute race
  • Three different Survival locals
  • Stole a plane and played chicken with someone else flying around
  • Did a few coop missions
  • Tried more than a couple times to get a jet out of the fort
  • and some other sh*t

Nearly $100K in a night while leveling up six levels seems about right for this game. Just because others are farming and getting insanely high levels and money doesn't make it boring to not do that. 

I'll be really impressed if you were also drunk.  That was a pretty productive night.  Usually my sessions involve me holding up a few stores, selling a car every hour, and taking snapmatic shots of me in front of burning vehicles and/or dead strippers in between. 

• Black Rabbit likes this

GH05TF4CE
  • GH05TF4CE

I love lamp

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by GH05TF4CE, 09 October 2013 - 07:07 PM.

There is 11 waves. Complete them all and you walk away with 20k.

Edit: That was in response to bfett21

Threelibras
  • Threelibras

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by Threelibras, 09 October 2013 - 07:06 PM.

I think the big picture most of these people are missing is, rockstar just wants to make more money from microtransactions, for instance.. If you steal a 2 Million dollar Titan airplane from some about 20 mercenaries and land it across the map for someone. I think I would want more then 10 thousand dollars for my work.. So yea obviously the people who like the way rockstar has this setup either are going to be paying for online money, or are too dumb to see that this game could have been f*cking ace if they would have done the economy right. If you give me a much more difficult mission then stealing a bit of coke for gerald I expect to get paid more then a bit of coke.. Why should I kill 2 rooftops of men and then fly a helicopter to a location and kill off more people.. for the exact same payout that I got from a sh*tty coke deal? Oh I know why.. Because micro-transactions.

• JRC99 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users