Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAO is boring after patch

220 replies to this topic
Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Ever since that patch, GTAO has just become really boring.

I enjoyed earning money before the patch. I actually felt like I made progress every day. But no, Rockstar decided that ANY effective way of making money that doesn't involve microtransactions should be removed. Now, all there is to do is the same old missions a bunch of times, and getting barely any XP or cash. What fun is that? This game really is only for people who pay for microtransactions. It's noob friendly. Even the f*cking races are noob friendly. In GTA4, races were fun because it was balanced. GTAV just plain sucks. Catchup? Wow. That's like getting killed 50 times in a deathmatch and saying "I SUCK AT THIS GAME I DESERVE 100 FREE KILLS". Slipstream? WAAAY too f*cking overpowered. Any noob can win a race by slipstreaming behind the guy in first, then ramming him. There is literally NO counter for the guy infront. You either get slipstreamed and rammed, or go offroad and get slowed down. That's just bullsh*t.

Pre-release info overhyped the game A LOT. That titan mission, that fake as f*ck setup they showed to CVG was just bullsh*t. Helicopter scout? BULLsh*t. You can ONLY afford a helicopter when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars. But if you can afford a helicopter, why would yoou NEED to do that mission at all? That's f*cking stupid. In their presentation, they have helicopter scouts, lots of action. In the real thing, it's drive to the airport, go through a bland gunfight JUST LIKE THE REST, then take the plane back.

We don't even get heists yet, and when we do, they won't even pay well. That's pretty much guaranteed. AND you need a heist planning board, which involves LOADS of grinding to afford it, BUT OH WAIT THAT GRINDING WAS PATCHED. Sure, I managed to get a 200k apartment through grinding, but that was fun grinding because I actually made progress. Now that grinding is fixed, no more meaningful progress can be made. I was saving up for an Entity XF, I have 500K and the car costs 800K, I planned to do some Violent Duct today and get money for that, but R* patched it so that's out the window. No Entity XF for you unless you spend AGES doing the same missions over and over WITH NO PROGRESS, or hand over real money.

/rant
  • motorider420, sronsr, B Dawg and 9 others like this

riftik
  • riftik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

+1

• Lazyboy. likes this

Sammmm
  • Sammmm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

55599.gif

• playboyvercetti and OneTimeDowner like this

orangensaft
  • orangensaft

ORANGE

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

2580105_l.gif

U mad bro?

• requiems420 and KyoukoToshinou like this

ZombieBatman
  • ZombieBatman

I'm afraid I've got some baad newsss!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

I do agree they massively over-hyped online

• CoachDub25 likes this

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by nexoric, 09 October 2013 - 06:30 PM.

Before you people start bashing him. Get it through your heads that all the fun sh*t is expensive. That's what WE WANT! Helicopters and fast cars. MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! I want it now but damned if I were to play boring, tedious missions over and over for months just to get them. Just wanna be in free roam, in a Ferarri. AND If someone kills me, I want revenge in an Annihilator.

• CoachDub25 and Lazyboy. like this

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by Borss, 13 October 2013 - 01:19 AM.

Boo hoo, OP can't exploit the game anymore and has to play normally.

• abaldwin360, StupidAssHeadAss, requiems420 and 1 other like this

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

I totally agree with you.  Its so obvious they are trying to force micro-transactions.  Its bullsh*t.

• CoachDub25, Lazyboy. and SN95_Schpecter like this

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

There are other missions besides that one. The titan one pays 10k. For instance. 

I don't know. I only play for an hour or so a night with friends after work. It's pretty fun and all I have is a pistol. 

• gtapluralgerm, Beansssss and irishsm0ke like this

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

HAHA!

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by PoeticWhisper, 09 October 2013 - 06:32 PM.

I've grinded,just for my house but I'm not mad this was patched. All they did was fix the game to the way they intended it to be on release. I seriously doubt some jackass making the online was like "let's put a retry button so people can rape the hell out of it to make serious cash and XP and ruin the whole point of long term progression."

Go do the Fort Zancudo mission, it pays 25,000 a pop. That's a lot of money...... or is that too much work?

• JustOneMonth likes this

firephnx4
  • firephnx4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

It will be working as they intended. If you want those fancy cars and helicopters you better be willing to put out some real money.

• Amanny59 likes this

t9x69
  • t9x69

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

The problem with your post is, you had fun GRINDING to get the money, not actually spending it. So microtransactions aren't going to help your cause. Plus, I didn't farm and earned 400,000 legit and bought my apartment. It didn't take that long at all. You shouldn't be able to afford the most expensive apartment in the game within a couple days. That's stupid. 

• explicitmo, PkUnzipper and brokegamer like this

GeorgeClinton
  • GeorgeClinton

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

I can't exploit anymore and actually have to try to get things I want? WELL WHAT THE f*ck R* WAY TO RUIN A GAME. YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO PLAY THE GAME INSTEAD OF ONE MISSION OVER AND OVER. DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT INOVATIVE AND EXCITING GAMEPLAY IS?

Its obviously doing the same thing over and over so I get a false sense of accomplishment.

• brokegamer likes this

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

55599.gif

OP is a noob.

Waingro
  • Waingro

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:35 PM Edited by Waingro, 09 October 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Wait this kid is actually 14. I get it now. You feel you're owed something but you're not- and no one cares. It's cool. You're a kid.

Go play Mario Bros 1, 2, ans 3, then come back to GTAO to see how "awful" it is. Go play a game where there's two buttons and after hours of gameplay a pink princess (who says nothing and more importantly shows nothing) jumps up and down. Go play that. With a wired controller on a Standard Def TV.  Go play that and come back and complain. Jesus.

• we-sell-boxes, cloudfuel and FarVision like this

NXKS
  • NXKS

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

It's funny because people think they are entitled to easily achieving the 10 car garage stocked with every super car fully tuned with full weapons. That wasn't the point of it in the first place, if you want that you are going to have to work for it or cheat (buy micro transactions).

So wahh wahh cry because you can't get 5,000,000 easy anymore.

• explicitmo and cloudfuel like this

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Chill. The game has been out for a little over a week. New content and constant tweaking/balancing is inevitable.

This is Rockstar's first outing into a massively multiplayer experience, and there aren't any titles out there like this right now. It'll take some time for everything to hit the level of polish that we're used to. Just be patient and give it some time.

• SN95_Schpecter and cloudfuel like this

jawknee5
  • jawknee5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Boo boo, OP can't exploit the game anymore and has to play normally.

Exploit? You mean using the replay button as they intended it to be used? If it wasn't intended to be used, they wouldnt have programmed it into the voting screen. And if they never intended replay to be an option, they wouldn't have made R2 or RT a button that restarts at the like/dislike screen.

If they never intended you to replay a mission, they never would have given you the option in the first place. Plain and simple.

• nexoric likes this

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Wait this kid is actually 14. I get it now. You feel you're owed something but you're not- and no one cares. It's cool. You're a kid.

Go play Mario Bros 1, 2, ans 3, then come back to GTAO to see how "awful" it is. Go play a game where there's two buttons and after hours of gameplay a pink princess (who says nothing and more importantly shows nothing) jumps up and down. Go play that. With a wired controller on a Standard Def TV.  Go play that and come back and complain. Jesus.

You are the kid here - OP is spot on ... GTA online is a cash cow and rockstar employees should commit harakiri one by one .... Shame on you Rockstar, now go and merge with EA games ...

• Lazyboy. likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:38 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 09 October 2013 - 06:42 PM.

I enjoyed earning money before the patch. I actually felt like I made progress every day. But no, Rockstar decided that ANY effective way of making money that doesn't involve microtransactions should be removed. Now, all there is to do is the same old missions a bunch of times, and getting barely any XP or cash. What fun is that?

Let's see, last night after patch I:

• Didn't grind/farm any missions
  • Obtained $90K
  • Ranked up from Lvl 16 --> Lvl 22
  • Raced muscle cars
  • Raced classic sports cars
  • Raced golf carts
  • Raced dirt bikes/ATV/buggy
  • Had a deathmatch
  • Ran a crew vs. crew mission
  • Robbed about 10 stores, evading upwards of 4 stars
  • Did a free fall parachute race
  • Three different Survival locals
  • Stole a plane and played chicken with someone else flying around
  • Did a few coop missions
  • Tried more than a couple times to get a jet out of the fort
  • and some other sh*t

Nearly $100K in a night while leveling up six levels seems about right for this game. Just because others are farming and getting insanely high levels and money doesn't make it boring to not do that. 

In GTA4, races were fun because it was balanced. GTAV just plain sucks. Catchup? Wow. That's like getting killed 50 times in a deathmatch and saying "I SUCK AT THIS GAME I DESERVE 100 FREE KILLS". Slipstream? WAAAY too f*cking overpowered. Any noob can win a race by slipstreaming behind the guy in first, then ramming him. There is literally NO counter for the guy infront. You either get slipstreamed and rammed, or go offroad and get slowed down. That's just bullsh*t.

Ummm....catch up can be turned off by the host. Just request them to do so. And, you know, you can counter being rammed from behind by being a better driver....right? 

• explicitmo, archiebunker, PkUnzipper and 1 other like this

njbrodeur87
  • njbrodeur87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I can't exploit anymore and actually have to try to get things I want? WELL WHAT THE f*ck R* WAY TO RUIN A GAME. YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO PLAY THE GAME INSTEAD OF ONE MISSION OVER AND OVER. DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT INOVATIVE AND EXCITING GAMEPLAY IS?

Its obviously doing the same thing over and over so I get a false sense of accomplishment

agreed, im happy they patched it. Progressing to get things is part of the fun, if i could play for a few hours and already buy the best car, house etc then i wont have anything to look forward to unlocking. and even though people love to say it isn't an exploit, it is, Here is the definition: make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)

Rockstar intended people to play the game by having fun with all the variety of missions they gave us to start. They intended it to take a bit to earn the best in the game, by you playing the same thing over and over again your exploiting their economy  and it wasn't intended for you to use that way, hence why its an exploit. You might no agree with it, but if i made a game and the community finds something that could ruin the balance, stats, economy, etc in my game, me as a developer would consider that an exploit.

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

what fun did you get from doing the same mission over and over time and time again?

• Amanny59 likes this

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

It's funny because people think they are entitled to easily achieving the 10 car garage stocked with every super car fully tuned with full weapons. That wasn't the point of it in the first place, if you want that you are going to have to work for it or cheat (buy micro transactions).

So you're referring to it as work.

I play games for FUN, not to f*cking work. Playing GTAO is like being a cleaner. Same sh*t over and over with the occasional interesting moment, the pay is sh*t and when you complain about it on an internet forum everyone tells you that money shouldn't be easy to get and you have to work for it.
  • kemp_92 likes this

disposeablehero
  • disposeablehero

Hustler

• Members

The gaem was boring before that, mission variety is terrible. Where are the good fun missions?

Waingro
  • Waingro

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

It's a cash cow if you're going to give them cash. I bought a huge immersive crime game. COnetxt and history, all this pissing and moaning is over a false sense of entitlement. If the game's bad don't play it and use your consumer right to boycott. But Jesus, it's just game and a fun one at that. Then again, I'm not 14 with nothing to do but play video games. WISH I WAS THOUGH!

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Since content will be added constantly, there will always be new things to purchase and new ways to gain Money

anticon
  • anticon

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

You're doing wrong. I've made 150k+ today already.

disposeablehero
  • disposeablehero

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

So you're referring to it as work.

I play games for FUN, not to f*cking work. Playing GTAO is like being a cleaner. Same sh*t over and over with the occasional interesting moment, the pay is sh*t and when you complain about it on an internet forum everyone tells you that money shouldn't be easy to get and you have to work for it.

Then don't play no one is forcing you...............not rocket science, stop crying.

• Waingro likes this

WrathPhoenix
  • WrathPhoenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Ever since that patch, GTAO has just become really boring.

I enjoyed earning money before the patch. I actually felt like I made progress every day. But no, Rockstar decided that ANY effective way of making money that doesn't involve microtransactions should be removed. Now, all there is to do is the same old missions a bunch of times, and getting barely any XP or cash. What fun is that? This game really is only for people who pay for microtransactions. It's noob friendly. Even the f*cking races are noob friendly. In GTA4, races were fun because it was balanced. GTAV just plain sucks. Catchup? Wow. That's like getting killed 50 times in a deathmatch and saying "I SUCK AT THIS GAME I DESERVE 100 FREE KILLS". Slipstream? WAAAY too f*cking overpowered. Any noob can win a race by slipstreaming behind the guy in first, then ramming him. There is literally NO counter for the guy infront. You either get slipstreamed and rammed, or go offroad and get slowed down. That's just bullsh*t.

Pre-release info overhyped the game A LOT. That titan mission, that fake as f*ck setup they showed to CVG was just bullsh*t. Helicopter scout? BULLsh*t. You can ONLY afford a helicopter when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars. But if you can afford a helicopter, why would yoou NEED to do that mission at all? That's f*cking stupid. In their presentation, they have helicopter scouts, lots of action. In the real thing, it's drive to the airport, go through a bland gunfight JUST LIKE THE REST, then take the plane back.

We don't even get heists yet, and when we do, they won't even pay well. That's pretty much guaranteed. AND you need a heist planning board, which involves LOADS of grinding to afford it, BUT OH WAIT THAT GRINDING WAS PATCHED. Sure, I managed to get a 200k apartment through grinding, but that was fun grinding because I actually made progress. Now that grinding is fixed, no more meaningful progress can be made. I was saving up for an Entity XF, I have 500K and the car costs 800K, I planned to do some Violent Duct today and get money for that, but R* patched it so that's out the window. No Entity XF for you unless you spend AGES doing the same missions over and over WITH NO PROGRESS, or hand over real money.

/rant

I could tell i wasnt going to bother reading the entire post as soon as i saw your signature. After scanning your post...it all becomes clear. 

I do not feel sorry for you whatsoever. Play the game as intended. 

• Amanny59 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users