Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why does Trevor's ability turn off mid-fall?

2 replies to this topic
balmung03
  • balmung03

bawlz in the baygz

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

Ok, so I'm trying to scale down Chiliad after my car gets stuck to a tree, so I pop his ability and jump.  He takes the first hit no problem, and then sometime between rolling off that rock and hitting the next one, his ability turns off.  I had over half a meter remaining, and I didn't see him take out a parachute, since I've noticed his ability shut off once he enters 'skydive mode' (another problem that shouldn't happen, I should have to manually turn it off).

What causes this, and why?

Mog_3825
  • Mog_3825

TacoVan Crew Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Because it was a glitch that Rockstar fixed? Sirviving a 4000 Foot fall with Trevor should have never happened...

balmung03
  • balmung03

bawlz in the baygz

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

Because it was a glitch that Rockstar fixed? Sirviving a 4000 Foot fall with Trevor should have never happened...

I understand freefalling from max helicopter height and popping his ability shouldn't be a viable option, but I'm talking about drops of 20-30 feet.  All characters take forever to get back up after falling down, and seem to ragdoll themselves while doing so; unless they're knocked unconscious, there should be NO ragdoll physics taking place.  I'm talking about popping his ability before jumping down 20 feet or so, and having him hit a rock, roll down and take another fall, and somehow his ability cancels itself between taking the damage for the first fall and second.  Should it not persist until I manually cancel it, I run out of energy, or move to enter a vehicle?

If the characters reacted to button commands after falling to attempt to regain their composure, or even if the analog stick could be used to influence which way you roll as to avoid taking a second fall there's nothing you can do to avoid, at least there would be something I could do.  If I turned the wrong way or hit the wrong button, then I'd accept being penalized for my error by taking the second fall; but being forced to because "that's just how your character happened to fall", especially since jumping at a wall the same way multiple times can make you fall in different ways, seems largely unfair to the player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users