Quantcast

» «
Photo

what age do you think is too young for gta?

50 replies to this topic
trevorwillkillu
  • trevorwillkillu

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

so I am 21, 22 in November. I have played gta since I was 10 but that was gta 1 and it was a couple of times on my friends pc (really nothing like what gta is today). my mum friend said she bought he 8 year old gta because it is a really good game so she has been told. I told her are you f**king stupid? read the age certificate if he was 12-13 yeah whatever but 8 just seems too young to be exposed to gta. get him a wii u and Zelda? am I wrong or is that just f**ked. then she said she would get him to turn the volume down? maybe this is why the younger generation is so f**king stupid because they are being exposed to mature things to young and do not know how to process it?  

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

http://gtaforums.com...-and-more-kids/

kalltkaffe
  • kalltkaffe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by kalltkaffe, 09 October 2013 - 04:05 PM.

My brothers son was here, and i let him play a little bit, age 10 without weapons, just driving car and change clothes and stuff, i walked away for a while, and when i  come back, i asked: where are u going now? - i will buy some shoes..

hm, there are no really shoeshops in gta, and he wouldt know there was shoes in the clothes stores. So i locket at the map and his GPS positions, and yes.. he was on his way to a shoe on the map.. haha. i was like - nah.. eeeh thats not a shoeshop.. its .. nothing.. lets go somewhere else.. haha

• TomBishop likes this

trevorwillkillu
  • trevorwillkillu

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

My brothers son was here, and i let him play a little bit, age 10 without weapons, just driving car and change clothes and stuff, i walked away for a while, and when i  come back, i asked: where are u going now? - i will buy some shoes..

hm, there are no really shoeshops in gta, and he wouldt know there was shoes in the clothes stores. So i locket at the map and his GPS positions, and yes.. he was on his way to a shoe on the map.. haha. i was like - nah.. eeeh thats not a shoeshop.. its .. nothing.. lets go somewhere else.. haha

haha that's the best :p I think that is ok if your there and s**t. but I wouldn't by my 8-12 year old gta and then f**k off and let them play it

grimper12341
  • grimper12341

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

In the end, whatever age we agree on, kids will just play it anyway. Back when I was in highschool, GTA San Andreas was being passed around on a burned DVD (at the time my computer was too slow to run it at over 10 fps LOL). The gaming crowd in that school was mostly 15-17 year olds because they had better access to computers, but it could have very easily made it's way to the younger kids, especially if they were part of the special computer classes that had their own laptops.

At home it's easier for parents to monitor of course, but at school they have no hope of controlling what their kids play. Though obviously this applies mainly to PC games, since console ones are harder to copy and can't be played at school.

Resin Glazed Donut
  • Resin Glazed Donut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Had to tell my parents not to buy it for my 8 year old brother who made it sound like he was going to have the game in his hands from day 1. 

My step mother even said she would have ended up buying it for him out of ignorance of the games content.  I think thats the real problem.

Parents don't look at these video games nor do they see the huge blaring M in the bottom corner of the box, I feel like a lot of these kids simply asked mommy and daddy to buy them this awesome cool new game which they know nothing about, and it turns out to be GTA.

Without doing any research or hearing anything about the sex, drug use, violence, cursing, etc. most parents think vidya games are vidya games and childrens toys.

trevorwillkillu
  • trevorwillkillu

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Had to tell my parents not to buy it for my 8 year old brother who made it sound like he was going to have the game in his hands from day 1. 

My step mother even said she would have ended up buying it for him out of ignorance of the games content.  I think thats the real problem.

Parents don't look at these video games nor do they see the huge blaring M in the bottom corner of the box, I feel like a lot of these kids simply asked mommy and daddy to buy them this awesome cool new game which they know nothing about, and it turns out to be GTA.

Without doing any research or hearing anything about the sex, drug use, violence, cursing, etc. most parents think vidya games are vidya games and childrens toys.

agreed that was the same problem with my mums friend she did not read the massive M sign that says what it contains.

SugarTxomo
  • SugarTxomo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I don't care about gtaV players ages. But I do about gtaO: they should over 16 or 18. There's my point:

I just HATE those f*cking children high-pitched voices shouting on my headphones. I can't stand them.

I don't care about them if they are on silence :-)
  • caseclosedjk likes this

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

I played GTA Online for the first time last night and all I heard was little kids yelling and rapping, using racial slurs and other language that doesn't offend me but might offend other people, and then some 20+ dude acting like a 2 year old that didn't get his way.

I think I just hate people in general.

That said, I first played GTA 3 when I was 10 years old, but I'm not retarded so it didn't ruin my life.

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Who says there's such a thing as "too young"?

You're never too young to develop hand-eye coordination, find out about the cruel excesses of the US prison-industrial system, or learn valuable skills like how to jack a car! Besides, the whole ESRB Age Ratings thing is just a cultural construct created fifteen years ago by reactionary social conservatives in a vain attempt to impose some legally non-binding thought-policing on an industry that was (at the time) the centerpiece of an irrational moral panic, anyway. Just as nobody's going to wait until they're 17 to sneak into an R-rated movie, nobody's going to wait until they're 17 to play GTA V.

If I HAD to say an age that's "too young", I'd say 2 years old. Not because of the content, but because 2 year olds lack the fine motor skills necessary to actually play the game. Hell if I'm letting a 2 year old screw up my K/D ratio because he can't work a directional stick.

Winston Smith
  • Winston Smith

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hmmm, interesting question.  I don't have kids but a lone nephew who is 13 and was surprised to find out had owned (but since traded away GTA IV).  Not sure if I would allow my 13 year old son to play it if I had one.  

On a related note, a co-workers son had played it and he was furious.  Can't say I blame him there. 10 is definitely too young for this game. 

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

agreed that was the same problem with my mums friend she did not read the massive M sign that says what it contains.

I know, really, right? I mean it's right there on the box. Eight years old is probably too young for any game other than Mario cart. If you do not see animated cartoon figures on the box the game is probably inappropriate for an eight year old. 

Irish_v5
  • Irish_v5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I don't think anyone under the age of 17 should play this game unsupervised. The driving around, shooting, and havoc wreaking is okay, but the cutscenes for the missions are just too much for a younger audience. The amount of language, sex, and drug use is way more than any R rated movie. Parents should really research a game before they buy it for their kids.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

What becomes of the broken hearted?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

That's actually pretty hilarious. haha

UnderWeb
  • UnderWeb

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Not all parents ignore ratings, I know because I am one of those parents.

sirrap1
  • sirrap1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Well my son is 16 and yes I let him play Gta but I also play and my son is smart enough to know not to be influenced by the game. my brother had San Andreas when it came out and my son played though he was younger then but all he did was drive aroundin various cars.

Of course 6 years old is way too young, however i think preteen and if the kid understands not to confuse the game as something to try out in real life...and the parents agree to it, then yeah, any age under preteen is too young.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

My 6 year old nephew got it last week.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

I don't really care what age plays it, as long as they restrict mics to persons whom have clearly broken their voice and dont sound like out of tune dog whistles in my ear all night.

jmward2008
  • jmward2008

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

My 4 year old daughter plays it..

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Been playing GTA since 13 years and now I'm 17 and normal. My dad and I both enjoy GTA for destruction of property and random violence.We dont play it for the drugs and sex but for fun. When we play we are alot different then not playing it.

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:02 PM Edited by Glenni91, 11 October 2013 - 02:03 PM.

I don't know to be honest. I played GTA since i was 6, starting with GTA itself. We let my niece when she was 3 years old GTA 4.

I guess it's all in a kid's maturity or how easily influenced by performing acts in a videogame they are. To be honest I don't believe in the age rating bullsh*t. But i'll agree that the kids online are extremely annoying. 

GapingAngus
  • GapingAngus

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

13 to play GTA.  25 to post on this forum.

• lincolnimp likes this

kabahaly
  • kabahaly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

No age is too young, as long as you're mature enough. A 5 year old can be more mature than a 14 year old.

Lord_Ant_Warrior
  • Lord_Ant_Warrior

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Like a lot of people I imagine it's difficult to answer this properly. I started with Vice City when I was 12. Any younger though, and I'd say there would be a bit of difficulty. You only have to look at the sheer volume of filthy mouthed little brats playing COD these days to take a cross-section of the youngsters playing similar sort of games. It's this sort of thing that ruins the community and makes me not want to be a part of it to be honest.

v4skunk84
  • v4skunk84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

so I am 21, 22 in November. I have played gta since I was 10 but that was gta 1 and it was a couple of times on my friends pc (really nothing like what gta is today). my mum friend said she bought he 8 year old gta because it is a really good game so she has been told. I told her are you f**king stupid? read the age certificate if he was 12-13 yeah whatever but 8 just seems too young to be exposed to gta. get him a wii u and Zelda? am I wrong or is that just f**ked. then she said she would get him to turn the volume down? maybe this is why the younger generation is so f**king stupid because they are being exposed to mature things to young and do not know how to process it?  

Majority of GTAV players.

PolishPrisoner
  • PolishPrisoner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

The answer to this question depends on which GTA you are talking about.  Yes, you have always been able to kill cops, pedestrians, etc... but only with recent renditions of the game have there been naked people, lots of "offensive" language, deeper more mature themes, more blood, etc...  For GTA I-III, I think 12 years old is good.  13-14 for Vice City and San Andreas.  15-16 for GTA IV and GTA V.

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

most guys i hear online sound like they got kicked in the nuts... 

kinda funny when its labeled mature and almost everyone playing online is under 18 i bet 

No joke.. i heard a 5 year old girl playing with her dad.. im thinking shell be a slut when she grows up

SeahawksNation3
  • SeahawksNation3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

Started playing San Andreas when I was like 8 or 9. I'm 16 now.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

Legally it is 17+

But if you just don't give a crap about it then I would say 15+ with some parenting to explain things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users