Photo

Rockstar fixed the wrong problem.

41 replies to this topic
adra12
  • adra12

Orange and Maroon VT

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Grinding is a part of online games. Every online game has it. And you know what? Its fun.

You might disagree with the typical "hur dur is boring so i dont do it". That is just a childish vision. Much like a child vision of work.

When you grind, you are putting in hours and work to get what you want. I put in several hours, at least 5 straight hours in Violent Duct and it felt good after. Because I felt like I had earned my money.

However, the bug where you can bomb the coke/bomb the documents in rooftop rumble made it so ridiculousy easy that even I agree it should be removed.

Once removed, these missions would still take a minute or two. It would depend on your skill as a team to complete it fast.

And it would be incredibly fun.

TL;DR: Let us replay missions, but remove the destroying coke/document glitch.

You just answered yourself why they want to lessen the farming. Because you didn't enjoy yourself during, not until after when you looked at how much money you had meaning you were really only doing it because it was easy money, even if you have the conscience to not exploit glitches to get it.

The fact of the matter is people are acquiring money and rp much faster than they intended and at a rate that it will be impossible to be anywhere near keeping up with content wise.

Hallucinations
  • Hallucinations

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Let's think about this...

Heists are sure to come out in a couple weeks at most, but... Why would they allow you to do heists upon heists? I'm sure they are going to make it to where you can do maybe one heist a week, so to speak. They want you to pay for money, as all games coming out now do. It's not their fault, why should they limit themselves to only selling copies of gta 5?

They are taking farming out of what they call an "MMO" but when you look at other MMOs, what is it all about? You're right : FARMING! You don't farm, you don't prosper! Now.. If you choose not to farm, then don't. That's your choice, but don't take away farming from people that can't spend 15 hours a day playing this game online. Farming missions is a way people with limited time can stay up with the crowd.

I don't want anyone to tell me farming is ruining the game, because it's not.

"Oh..they are killing me because they have better guns and are a higher level" No. Just no... This game isn't about skill, it's about common sense. Are you going to run a straight line at somebody that is sniping at you? I would hope not, if that's the case then you deserve to die.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Heists are sure to come out in a couple weeks at most, but... Why would they allow you to do heists upon heists? I'm sure they are going to make it to where you can do maybe one heist a week, so to speak. They want you to pay for money, as all games coming out now do. It's not their fault, why should they limit themselves to only selling copies of gta 5?

They are taking farming out of what they call an "MMO" but when you look at other MMOs, what is it all about? You're right : FARMING! You don't farm, you don't prosper! Now.. If you choose not to farm, then don't. That's your choice, but don't take away farming from people that can't spend 15 hours a day playing this game online. Farming missions is a way people with limited time can stay up with the crowd.

"Oh..they are killing me because they have better guns and are a higher level" No. Just no... This game isn't about skill, it's about common sense. Are you going to run a straight line at somebody that is sniping at you? I would hope not, if that's the case then you deserve to die.

Farming is one thing. Exploiting / glitching is another.

Case study: 

1. I get 20k for each wave 10 in survival mode, per 30 minutes (random unit of time - never timed our runs) - I play survival for 8 hours straight - this is farming

2. I get 20k for each wave 10 in survival mode, per 02 minutes (random unit of time - never timed our runs) - I play survival for 8 hours straight - this is cheating / exploiting / glitching, because the game was NEVER intended for you to reach wave 10 in 2 minutes. 

bongoclock
  • bongoclock

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Rockstar didn't kill replays because people were getting to much money or to much rank. They didn't kill them because it was an exploit. They killed replay because it puts to much congestion on the server. Millions of neckbeards with nothing better to do all calling the same file several times a minute...This causes a server bottleneck.

Instead of being able to replay and only needing to see 1 loading screen, now you have to watch a couple. Big whoop.

Set up a playlist of high yield missions, or just keep requesting the mission once you get back to free roam. It takes a couple moments more, but it relieves congestion on the servers, congestion that was likely the leading source of connectivity issues with the cloud servers.

Stop thinking its about you, it is, but not to punish you, its about stopping you from f*cking up the servers for the other millions of people who can't even connect consistently.

Hallucinations
  • Hallucinations

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Farming is one thing. Exploiting / glitching is another.

Case study: 

1. I get 20k for each wave 10 in survival mode, per 30 minutes (random unit of time - never timed our runs) - I play survival for 8 hours straight - this is farming

2. I get 20k for each wave 10 in survival mode, per 02 minutes (random unit of time - never timed our runs) - I play survival for 8 hours straight - this is cheating / exploiting / glitching, because the game was NEVER intended for you to reach wave 10 in 2 minutes. 

I agree with you, believe me I do. But.. The "Replay" function was put in the game for a reason. For people to replay missions they like (honestly probably the main reason) but... Is it our fault rockstar made a mission like... Violent duct, take literally 1-2mins, and pay out 9k and ~1.3k RP? No, they should leave the replay function lower the payout of missions.

I also see alot of people bitching about "Destroying Documents" So lets say on "The Parking Garage" Mission.. If I shoot a grenade launcher up in the air and it hits the documents and destroys it. It will take roughly 20-30sec, but... The people complaining are saying take out the destroying part.. I also did this mission shooting a grenade launcher up in the air and having someone go grab the document and drive it to where ever it needed to go. Still only took us an extra minute.. A MINUTE! Back to the main point.. If the mission is short, the payout should be smaller, I can't count the number of times i've done a mission and its taken 30minutes (random time) and only gotten 2000$ and 1k RP... Waste of time..

I've never done Survival in 2 minutes.. But I can see where you are getting at with short times for big payouts, the violent duct mission putting a sticky bomb on a car and having someone drive in there.. That is exploiting/glitching... So all rockstar needs to do, is fix those kind of exploits. Not completely take away the replay button from people that do the mission as intended.

• ThePeskyCrow likes this

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Replay from the like/dislike/no vote, continue screen is still in. As for why would I want to replay missions that I didn't fail.

1. So my brother-in-law and I can practice them, and find new and better ways to complete them.

2. So we don't have to go through the load screen back to free roam, then the load screen back into my private server, then the waiting for a random mission to come in after calling for one, then loading back into the mission set up screen, and finally the loading back into the mission itself after it launches. That currently is what you have to do, because for some reason people in your xbox party are not placed back into your private friends only server after completing missions....Fix that and I won't ever repeat a mission again.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

I agree with you, believe me I do. But.. The "Replay" function was put in the game for a reason. For people to replay missions they like (honestly probably the main reason) but... Is it our fault rockstar made a mission like... Violent duct, take literally 1-2mins, and pay out 9k and ~1.3k RP? No, they should leave the replay function lower the payout of missions.

I also see alot of people bitching about "Destroying Documents" So lets say on "The Parking Garage" Mission.. If I shoot a grenade launcher up in the air and it hits the documents and destroys it. It will take roughly 20-30sec, but... The people complaining are saying take out the destroying part.. I also did this mission shooting a grenade launcher up in the air and having someone go grab the document and drive it to where ever it needed to go. Still only took us an extra minute.. A MINUTE! Back to the main point.. If the mission is short, the payout should be smaller, I can't count the number of times i've done a mission and its taken 30minutes (random time) and only gotten 2000$ and 1k RP... Waste of time..

I've never done Survival in 2 minutes.. But I can see where you are getting at with short times for big payouts, the violent duct mission putting a sticky bomb on a car and having someone drive in there.. That is exploiting/glitching... So all rockstar needs to do, is fix those kind of exploits. Not completely take away the replay button from people that do the mission as intended.

Well, we don`t know and likely never will what was the spirit of the Replay button. By spirit of, I am exclusively talking about what the folks at Rockstar decided what function it will serve and what game feature it will facilitate. 

It can be as you said - replay a mission we liked with friends. It can be any number of things, but, ultimately, everyone finding workarounds that are not classed as "smart", is exploiting. 

Say I solo a survival and find a way to get to wave 10, either by myself or in a max of 2 players = that is smart play and smart positioning. Say I get to wave 10 in half the "normal" time, or in a ridiculous amount of time (usually it involves manipulating spawns / AI / glitching them / using built-in timeouts / wave dissapears / whatever) - that is not smart. That is exploiting, aka cheating, because I am not playing the game in the spirit it was created.

I agree with you that Rockstar has to fix them. But abusing said exploits, rather than report and avoid is also cheating. And no, nobody is entitled to farm said exploits.

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Nah, Rockstar wants to outsource every possible way to get money even relatively quickly so anyone who wants a pile of cash must buy a Cash Card.

Exactly. But that has not benefit to the player, no benefit to the community at all. Its just pure greed. And that drives players away.

New players that start playing now wont play for long. They will be extremely demotivated since there is no way they could get the kind of cash people got by farming in early days.

You can make money easy in this game, stop whining.

Hallucinations
  • Hallucinations

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Well, we don`t know and likely never will what was the spirit of the Replay button. By spirit of, I am exclusively talking about what the folks at Rockstar decided what function it will serve and what game feature it will facilitate. 

It can be as you said - replay a mission we liked with friends. It can be any number of things, but, ultimately, everyone finding workarounds that are not classed as "smart", is exploiting. 

Say I solo a survival and find a way to get to wave 10, either by myself or in a max of 2 players = that is smart play and smart positioning. Say I get to wave 10 in half the "normal" time, or in a ridiculous amount of time (usually it involves manipulating spawns / AI / glitching them / using built-in timeouts / wave dissapears / whatever) - that is not smart. That is exploiting, aka cheating, because I am not playing the game in the spirit it was created.

I agree with you that Rockstar has to fix them. But abusing said exploits, rather than report and avoid is also cheating. And no, nobody is entitled to farm said exploits.

Exact on every level of it.. Finally someone that actually understands simple logic.

I still believe that they should have only released an online beta first. Then there never would have been stuff like this happening.

BLAQK ROXSTAR
  • BLAQK ROXSTAR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Grinding is a part of online games. Every online game has it. And you know what? Its fun.

You might disagree with the typical "hur dur is boring so i dont do it". That is just a childish vision. Much like a child vision of work.

When you grind, you are putting in hours and work to get what you want. I put in several hours, at least 5 straight hours in Violent Duct and it felt good after. Because I felt like I had earned my money.

However, the bug where you can bomb the coke/bomb the documents in rooftop rumble made it so ridiculousy easy that even I agree it should be removed.

Once removed, these missions would still take a minute or two. It would depend on your skill as a team to complete it fast.

And it would be incredibly fun.

TL;DR: Let us replay missions, but remove the destroying coke/document glitch.

Or they could have went the Halo 4 route and limit the amount of money you could make in a 24 hour period.

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

I bet the heists will have a ridiculous "cooldown" before you can do it again.
They'll call it "laying low" and you wont be able to earn sh*t with it.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

I bet the heists will have a ridiculous "cooldown" before you can do it again.
They'll call it "laying low" and you wont be able to earn sh*t with it.

I`m ok with it, as long they`ll give us 8 AND 16 player heists :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users