Photo

Rockstar fixed the wrong problem.

41 replies to this topic
Gravanno
  • Gravanno

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Grinding is a part of online games. Every online game has it. And you know what? Its fun.

You might disagree with the typical "hur dur is boring so i dont do it". That is just a childish vision. Much like a child vision of work.

When you grind, you are putting in hours and work to get what you want. I put in several hours, at least 5 straight hours in Violent Duct and it felt good after. Because I felt like I had earned my money.

However, the bug where you can bomb the coke/bomb the documents in rooftop rumble made it so ridiculousy easy that even I agree it should be removed.

Once removed, these missions would still take a minute or two. It would depend on your skill as a team to complete it fast.

And it would be incredibly fun.

TL;DR: Let us replay missions, but remove the destroying coke/document glitch.

• WolfyHopeless likes this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

It's the Quenchiest!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Nah, Rockstar wants to outsource every possible way to get money even relatively quickly so anyone who wants a pile of cash must buy a Cash Card.

• TuXedo_Man likes this

Deckers
  • Deckers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

I also believe that the Rooftop Rumble made everyone assume a mission that can be completed quickly is Over Powered but they arent. Rooftop Rumble and maybe Mixed Up With Coke were the ones that needed a nerf OR Maybe just make EVERYONE require the level for the mission. Simple fixes could have been put in place instead of this one

Gravanno
  • Gravanno

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Nah, Rockstar wants to outsource every possible way to get money even relatively quickly so anyone who wants a pile of cash must buy a Cash Card.

Exactly. But that has not benefit to the player, no benefit to the community at all. Its just pure greed. And that drives players away.

New players that start playing now wont play for long. They will be extremely demotivated since there is no way they could get the kind of cash people got by farming in early days.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Nothing wrong with grinding, but lets not pretend that this didnt need a fix.

Farmed some myself, but don't see how anyone can whine that they are fixing something that needs fixing.

• LaughingDingo likes this

serimos6
  • serimos6

Hustler

• Members

You both seem to have forgot one important thing; Heists. Sure, they aren't available right now, but in a few weeks many people will be able to earn literally millions of dollars from heists performed well, therfor creating an incentive to make money without having to mindlessly grind for hours upon end. It's more entertaining, and more reasonable.  Just wait a little, please. 

• Hallucinations likes this

Gravanno
  • Gravanno

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

You both seem to have forgot one important thing; Heists. Sure, they aren't available right now, but in a few weeks many people will be able to earn literally millions of dollars from heists performed well, therfor creating an incentive to make money without having to mindlessly grind for hours upon end. It's more entertaining, and more reasonable.  Just wait a little, please. 

Do you honestly believe that? Put in mind that Rockstar makes money out of cash purchases. If heists are added and they DO make money, they will be the only thing players play. And noone will ever buy cash again.

Tiddy
  • Tiddy

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'm fairly sure we wont see a heist payout above 500k and if it does it will take a very long time to 'plan'.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

These people don't care. Why? Because they want a high rank and lots of cash right now, they don't want to do missions where they actually need skills (like racing, you get a lot of cash if you win a race with many people in it). It's a little sad to do the same mission over and over, then even pretend it's fun. I don't understand why some people think that a high rank and money in a video game is so important, it's just a game. I find it fair that R* is removing all these glitches and farming missions, it's not exactly the point of the game anyways, there's so much to do and so much to have fun, but now people just want to play farming missions, funnily they then complain on this forum that the rest of the game is sh*t.

• Calavera999 likes this

¨munkeholm
  • ¨munkeholm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

what about they just made the missions give less the more u play them in a row ? then the farming would stop to some degree .. and people could still play it because its a fun mission :/

• GapingAngus likes this

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

You're a f*cking idiot. Stop regurgitating something you read. Can't stand dense f*ck wads like you speaking out of turn. Do you realize how dumb and ignorant you sound?

Gravanno
  • Gravanno

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

What about making the missions ACTUALLY pay some DECENT money?

• zzmorg82 likes this

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 09 October 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Anyone who didn't think violent duct needed a fix is a f*cking moron.

The mission aim was to get the coke, deliver to to Gerald and he give you money. You get the money for destroying the coke. Makes no sense. 

R* were right to patch it, that is the point of continued support, to see problems and fix them.

A cynic would argue this is to help boost their shark card sales but that falls flat on its face when they are not up, as of when I last checked last night. But really i would say that th 1200 RP you got for hard mode was more valuable than the 9000 dollars. as you could get to the higher levels very quickly which means unlocking weapons like the AK, assault SMG etc very quick, I think that might have been their primary concern, the RP.

Also say you have a million dollars, and get a heist that pays 100k. that will seem like chump change, whereas if you have say 50k and get that heist it will seem like a great deal more, which is the point of the big heists, I know this is a minor point that may not really matter. You don't get a multi-millionaire robbing banks... unless you count their executives.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

It's a little sad to do the same mission over and over, then even pretend it's fun. I don't understand why some people think that a high rank and money in a video game is so important, it's just a game.

it's a little sad to Judge how other people play a game, than even pretend you're morally superior. I don't understand why some people think that how other people play a video game is so important, it's just a game

c wut I did tar?

kabahaly
  • kabahaly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:46 PM Edited by kabahaly, 09 October 2013 - 03:46 PM.

They won't add farming again, don't like it? Find another game, you clearly won't like this game.

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Exactly. But that has not benefit to the player, no benefit to the community at all. Its just pure greed. And that drives players away.

New players that start playing now wont play for long. They will be extremely demotivated since there is no way they could get the kind of cash people got by farming in early days.

So you're saying farming is legit and a fun way to earn money, but it should take about 5 min per farm and not 2 seconds.  And then, another person says that it's R* intention to make you buy a cash card, even though you just said that with this other mission farming is litearlly a cash making machiene making the need for a cash card obsolete.  Then you, the OP, agrees with this assesment.  I'm very confused, but that's ok I don't need an explanation.

Here's why:  Farming the same mission was not part of the plan.  Grinding the same mission ad nauseam was not part of the plan.  "Grinding" by way of doing missions and jobs of a similar variety to get to the top was.  I hope you can see the difference.

Additonally, new players also wouldn't play for long if they had to grind violent duct for 5 weeks for the sake of shaving off 2 seconds off their last completion time, just because it's the most efficeint way to make money to compete with all the other people who already have millions. 

The fact that people who want to farm might actually force other people to farm just so they can have a chance to compete is sad to me.

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

What about making the missions ACTUALLY pay some DECENT money?

You were not suppossed to have everything you wanted in the game by rank 20!  Why?  Because now 3 weeks from now you're going to be complaining that there's nothing left to do or buy because you already have everything you wanted.  R* had no intentions of making more content already.  The fact that the missions and job pay as they do is perfect proof of this point.

• Calavera999 likes this

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Got nothing to do with them not wanting the majority of players being max rank and all having tanks and sh*t I suppose. This greed thing is utter nonsense. Money is so easy to get, it's hardly The Simpsons : Tapped out is it?

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Nothing wrong with grinding, but lets not pretend that this didnt need a fix.

Farmed some myself, but don't see how anyone can whine that they are fixing something that needs fixing.

This.

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Oh, is that so?

So what happens when people start replaying those heists over and over again to get the rewards? Will R* "fix" the heists? Or will you only get the rewards the first time you play it like in SP? Or will there be a time cap?

Basically if there is a mission that nets you above average rewards and people play it over and over again there will always be a small crowd of loud whiners who will complain and strip away any shred of fun GTAO might have.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

It's the Quenchiest!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

You're a f*cking idiot. Stop regurgitating something you read. Can't stand dense f*ck wads like you speaking out of turn. Do you realize how dumb and ignorant you sound?

Do you know the definition of being a hypocrite is? I'd imagine not.

I can have my own opinion, as can you, keep the childish name-calling out of it.

• ThePeskyCrow likes this

FilipinoNinja67
  • FilipinoNinja67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Do you realize how dumb and ignorant you sound when you start randomly insulting someone on the internet who was completely calm and respectful in their post?

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

i dont mind grinding but lets say farming missions with give 20k and take 5 mins is bad, i would mind if by replay the woyld only give 10 and then 5k and nott more until lets say.. 24h pass

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by FocusedPants, 10 October 2013 - 04:00 PM.

Personally,

Violent Ducts - sticky bomb glitch needed to be fixed instead. Then maybe the Cash reward reduced to 5k.

Mixed Up with Coke - Make the last 2 cement trucks spawn randomly on the map.

Haven't done Rooftop Rumble but if you say you can pass the mission by destroying the item you were supposed to recover, then that should be fixed.

----------------------------------------------------------

Also, maybe a concept of diminishing returns where first try you get 100% the rewards and consecutive retries reduces the rewards capping to the minimum of 30% of the reward.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

I just did "A Titan Of A Job" solo and was able to restart when I finished. I'm not sure if it was because I was doing it solo or they only certain missions aren't available for replay/restart. Although I didn't farm it, it's ridiculously easy, especially after spending the last few days on survival.

Violent Ducts - sticky bomb glitch needed to be fixed instead. Then maybe the Cash reward reduced to 5k.

It's already been reduced to 3k.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Too many people assuming and too many people judging.

This thread is full of tools. If you are against farming then get the Hell off this.

I am all for farming. Because, oh I don't know, I really loved the Annihilator in GTA4, and I WANT TO FLY IT?!

Narrow minded fools.

I'd also like to have some fast cars to drive around and have fun in. The game seems like a chore at the beginning. But when you are rank 100, you get to have the most FUN in free roam.

You people think we would complain that we wouldn't have anything to do. HA I played GTA4 multiplayer ever since it came out. It never got old to me. 

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

I just did "A Titan Of A Job" solo and was able to restart when I finished. I'm not sure if it was because I was doing it solo or they only certain missions aren't available for replay/restart. Although I didn't farm it, it's ridiculously easy, especially after spending the last few days on survival.

It's already been reduced to 3k.

Well 3k is fine as well. The point is 9k was too much.

CmdrKnifes
  • CmdrKnifes

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Do YOU realize how dumb and ignorant YOU sound?

Beat you with stick.. :miranda:

Baroni88
  • Baroni88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:13 PM Edited by Baroni88, 10 October 2013 - 04:14 PM.

I don't even want to do it for cash. Just for the xp would be nice. Who cares how we level up? It's GRAND THEFT AUTO for fu** sake!! Have they ever cared how multiplayer was played before? NO, you just go in and f*ck around.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

No. Rockstar wants to outsource every possible way to get millions in a matter of minutes, because that was never intended to happen. You can "farm" within the boundaries of the spirit of the game, or buy cash cards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users