Quantcast

» «
Photo

what's the deal with Trevor's LS helipad and hangar?

12 replies to this topic
theantijohn
  • theantijohn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

I've read that Trevor can't buy a helipad or hangar in LS because "he doesn't have to." What does that mean? Does he already have those? When I go to the Vespucci Helipad as Trevor, I can't buy a helipad from the Dynasty 8 sign, I can't seem to store a helicopter there (I've tried landing helicopters there many times), and also I can't seem to access my bought helicopters from that helipad either (but I can from the sandy shores helipad). I haven't really tried the hangar, but I assume it's the same and I'd rather use helicopters than planes anyway. So, what's the deal with this? I don't get it.

Gavlaaar
  • Gavlaaar

Balla.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

The Sandy Shores helipad is Trevor's helipad. That's why he doesn't need one in LS.

theantijohn
  • theantijohn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

So he can't have a helipad in LS? I think that's really dumb because I'd rather fly to blaine county than drive there and I usually do with Franklin and Michael. i just hope that I get lucky with Trevor and arrive at Vespucci Helipad when there's already a helicopter there I can steal, but it's only about 60% of the time. Or sometimes I come down to the helipad as one of the other two and access their purchased helicopters there then switch to Trevor and steal it. I hope Rockstar can fix this somehow.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

The Sandy Shores helipad is Trevor's helipad. That's why he doesn't need one in LS.

Because that is a five munute walk from the stripclub.

No hanger in LS is a pain in the arse, even better getting wanted at the airport being the only actual character who starts as a qualified pilot.

Bit of an oversight to say the least.

• theantijohn likes this

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

i just hope that I get lucky with Trevor and arrive at Vespucci Helipad when there's already a helicopter there I can steal, but it's only about 60% of the time.

For free, reliably spawning helicopters in town:

- Very often there are two (red and white) medical Mavericks on the hospital roof in South LS

- A black Buzzard on the roof of the LS County Sheriff's Dept just south of the same hospital (the Sheriff's dept is right next door to the lot where the tow-truck is parked, when Franklin helps Tonya with towing).

Laggard
  • Laggard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Is the only way to get a non-hospital non-police plane/helicopter is to buy one?

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Is the only way to get a non-hospital non-police plane/helicopter is to buy one?

Of course not.

- You can steal at least three different jets and a propeller plane or two from the LS Airport.

- Cropdusters and maybe other planes land sometimes at Trevor's main airstrip, and his weapon smuggling airstrip. You can steal them.

- You can start one of Trevor's weapon smuggling airdrop missions then fail it, don't retry, and keep the plane you're flying.

- Michael may get a mission for one of the movie theaters (if he's purchased it) which has him flying a stunt plane and dropping promotional leaflets. Should be keepable the same way.

- For helicopters, there are the two locations I mentioned earlier in the thread, and there's a fully armed Attack Buzzard on a rooftop pad at the NOOSE HQ (northeast of town, east side, between the hwy and ocean), and probably other private helicopter pads that spawn choppers I'm not aware of.

Laggard
  • Laggard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Of course not.

- You can steal at least three different jets and a propeller plane or two from the LS Airport.

- Cropdusters and maybe other planes land sometimes at Trevor's main airstrip, and his weapon smuggling airstrip. You can steal them.

- You can start one of Trevor's weapon smuggling airdrop missions then fail it, don't retry, and keep the plane you're flying.

- Michael may get a mission for one of the movie theaters (if he's purchased it) which has him flying a stunt plane and dropping promotional leaflets. Should be keepable the same way.

- For helicopters, there are the two locations I mentioned earlier in the thread, and there's a fully armed Attack Buzzard on a rooftop pad at the NOOSE HQ (northeast of town, east side, between the hwy and ocean), and probably other private helicopter pads that spawn choppers I'm not aware of.

Thank you though I should have been clearer.  Is there a way of getting or flying a free copter/plane that does not instantly result in 1-3 wanted stars?

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Thank you though I should have been clearer.  Is there a way of getting or flying a free copter/plane that does not instantly result in 1-3 wanted stars?

Ah, got it.

I've never gotten a wanted star for taking the armed Buzzard from NOOSE HQ. There doesn't seem to be anyone nearby enough to notice. For that matter, taking a plane from the Airport seems to usually earn no wanted stars, probably for the same reason (no witnesses nearby).

Even if you do get a wanted level, two stars is easy to shake in a chopper. Just fly up, and up.

• Laggard likes this

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

You can jack a helicopter off the parachute guy. Just hold Y/Triangle.

• Laggard likes this

theantijohn
  • theantijohn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

i just hope that I get lucky with Trevor and arrive at Vespucci Helipad when there's already a helicopter there I can steal, but it's only about 60% of the time.

For free, reliably spawning helicopters in town:

- Very often there are two (red and white) medical Mavericks on the hospital roof in South LS

- A black Buzzard on the roof of the LS County Sheriff's Dept just south of the same hospital (the Sheriff's dept is right next door to the lot where the tow-truck is parked, when Franklin helps Tonya with towing).

Thanks, I didn't realize there are helicopters laying around you can steal.

theantijohn
  • theantijohn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

That's brilliant! I never thought of that. Does it get you wanted?

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

That's brilliant! I never thought of that. Does it get you wanted?

Nope no stars. And they are 100% always there and infinitely respawn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users