Quantcast

» «
Photo

World Records are so obviously hacked it's sad.

32 replies to this topic
iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Cutting Corners: World Record is 2 seconds

Taking Off: World Record is 13 seconds

etc.

Does anyone think Rockstar will do anything about this? They've been hacked for a while. Maybe if they reset the world record monthly or something.

RIght now it's impossible to unlock the record holder tattoo unless you're a hacker too.

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Imagine what will happen when GTA Online will launch for PC...hackers, hackers everywhere.

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Prison race is completed at 15 seconds I think but it's impossible you can complete it at 25 seconds tops, my record is 28 or smth. obvious hackers on all of them

nzguy1989
  • nzguy1989

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Lucky I got a world record in the first hour of GTA Online when it was still easy.

I have also read reports on here that there is a bug that causes racers to be teleported to the finish line which might explain these records.

A regular reset would be a good idea for this. Provides more chances for people to get it.

• Chaos-Elite likes this

NXKS
  • NXKS

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Yea some people get a bugged race and win super fast.

Levesque7
  • Levesque7

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

I got the award the first day, so i got in ahead of that crap I guess.

NewJerzy
  • NewJerzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Lucky I got a world record in the first hour of GTA Online when it was still easy.

I have also read reports on here that there is a bug that causes racers to be teleported to the finish line which might explain these records.

A regular reset would be a good idea for this. Provides more chances for people to get it.

Also think regular resets (maybe even on a weekly base?) would ne cool.

So also the newer ones still have a chance to have a first place, even if it's just for one/two minutes :D

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

taking off said the world record was 3:10 when I tried it solo...and I'm not a very good pilot and I got 3:11...and literally I would have won if I didn't crash which knocked about 7 seconds off my time...

but like I said I'm not a good pilot and I almost beat the world record? yeah somethings glitchy.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

In every game that has a world leaderboard, the top few are hackers, so i don't see what your problem is. It's impossible to get anywhere near the top by playing fairly.

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

In every game that has a world leaderboard, the top few are hackers, so i don't see what your problem is. It's impossible to get anywhere near the top by playing fairly.

Its pretty obvious what the problem is. Just because they are always hacked doesnt mean its not an issue lol

nzguy1989
  • nzguy1989

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

The best way to remove the incentive is to regularly reset the world record, but you should be able to keep the award.

nzguy1989
  • nzguy1989

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Looks like the patch fixes the teleport problem with races. Have they reset the leaderboards?

TheSedated
  • TheSedated

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

I got my record holder tag on the tutorial race about 3 days ago. Did and won the race in the normal way, even the time was in normal ranges, but somehow the cloud didn't send a former record time, so I set the first the time and it updated my tags. Lucky, am I?

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Its pretty obvious what the problem is. Just because they are always hacked doesnt mean its not an issue lol

I know what THE problem is, THE problem is hackers. But i want to know what HIS particular problem is... You can't possibly have a reasonable personal issue with something when the problem occurs on every single thing that is online. Wherever there is a leaderboard, there is a hacker at the top of it. No matter what game it is, no matter what platform it is. Anybody playing fairly doesn't get a look in, unless they manage to be one of the first in the world and get there before the hackers. It's an un-preventable issue. The thread is pointless as it cannot be stopped by anybody, and nobody that actually wants to try and do things properly will get what they want.

Just like everybody that wanted to make money fairly instead of spamming a mission over and over are the last ones to get the big apartments and best cars. I'm happy with my just on par apartment and my almost standard Sentinel because i got them using well earned cash. And when i earn more cash, however long it may take me doing it properly and fairly, i'll get better stuff and be even more impressed and proud of it. While people are now sitting at the top getting bored that they have nothing to work towards.

WolfyHopeless
  • WolfyHopeless

Drive

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Actually there was a bug that rockstar noted and allegedly patched in which races would end early and abruptly due to players being spawned in too far ahead. This could have something to do with it. There ARE a lot of bugs and exploits. I don't think anyone's hacked it just yet.

GTAOnlineVideos
  • GTAOnlineVideos

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Prison race is completed at 15 seconds I think but it's impossible you can complete it at 25 seconds tops, my record is 28 or smth. obvious hackers on all of them

Prison race is less than 2 seconds, actually.

TheTelly
  • TheTelly

Come join the murder

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

I got lucky and got online on the first night and got a few records before all the sh*t started with to many people on.

KristianB
  • KristianB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:48 AM Edited by krislicoque, 15 October 2013 - 11:48 AM.

I got the record somehow, and I didn't even play for the first 1,5 weeks. Anyone got any idea if there's an easy way to get this award as I want to unlock it on my other character?

Seems like it's some local record or something like that. I never noticed it being unlocked but I guess it was during some Criminal Records laps.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Some records have been hacked quite clearly like the off road races which take 10 seconds to complete even though its a 1 or so lap, or landing the plane on the runway in 15 seconds even though it takes about 16 seconds to even reach the runway nevermind get to the chckpoint at the other end.

But some of the records are still standing in flight school and are legit which im pleased to see, not sure how long itll be before theyre hacked though.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

criminal records world record was done in 1 second , that is obviously hacked :(

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

The fastest i have ever done the Criminal Records race was 24.899 seconds and i thought i would be close to the world record, then i saw it was at 15 seconds and realised itmust be haxed in some way.

aland77
  • aland77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

the question is, what is the point of hacking the records? does it give the hacker a sense of achievement to fake results in the most ridiculous way. Really is very very sad.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

There's always hackers when it comes to top spots in competitive gaming. Re6 had this in the mercenary mode. Either that or lag switchers? Manipulating the connection to get them to jump ahead perhaps?

Of course this seems to poke fun at the champions of games to blot out their legendary endeavors.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

Prison race is less than 2 seconds, actually.

World Record for Criminal Records stands at 00:01.219 for the fastest lap ever recorded. My fastest stands near the 00:22.5-- area.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by BondageKitty, 04 November 2013 - 07:48 PM.

I got my world record award and tattoo on some seashark point to point race in the first week of online. I'm guessing world records are impossible now and I was lucky?

flyingcloud11
  • flyingcloud11

Noodle™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

I got my world record when the online first launched. Got it in the first race lol

Funkwalrus
  • Funkwalrus

Friendly neighbourhood walrus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Criminal Records WR is 0.3 seconds

Halver7
  • Halver7

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

The game is broken. Apparently I broke the world record on criminal records the other day. I can assure you I dont hack.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

response from every videogame company, "our game has not been hacked in anyway."

smart ass in the crowd, "then explain the leaderboards."

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

I think there should be daily/weekly/monthly/yearly/all time leaderboards.

If you got a world record in daily, it would give the tattoo.

I got the tattoo, because of the GTA: Online bug in the first days that gave everyone a WR from completing the tutorial race.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users