Photo

Gta: disappointment

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic
Mr.B
  • Mr.B

• Members

Posted 01 November 2002 - 11:13 PM

Quote (Barton Waterduck @ Nov. 01 2002,05:33)
I remember reading some of your whishes for the gta vc. Some of you wanted to be able to go inside building and buy building and other "The Sims" related stuff. I immediatly answered that post with something like "I really don't want this game to turn into a The Sims simulator". What I think has happened with this game is they focused so much on those things that they ran out of time making the 100+ missions. And they probably ran out of space too.

All those extra things like buying property and going in to buildings and everything is what makes Vice City so great. You keep saying that adding things like that makes it like the Sims somehow, but those things are just adding to the game making it more fun and more realistic (but not realistic enough to make the game less fun). You're complaining that they didn't get to make those 100+ missions, but the game isn't good becuase of how many missions it has, its good because of all the extra stuff that you can do. If the game was all missions it wouldn't be nearly as good.

y2kcrazyjoker
  • y2kcrazyjoker

Killin' Kevin

• Members

Posted 01 November 2002 - 11:53 PM

I don't see why everyone rips it apart after playing it for an hr. After an hour, what have you done? Drove round the city and done maybe 2 missions? You can't judge a book by it's cover. Same with a game. You can't just play it for 10 min and say, "This sucks." Put some more time into it and I'm sure you'll be enjoying yourself more as you get into cooler missions, unlock more parts of the city, and becomed accustomed to the city. I felt kinda let down at first, but I kept on playing and now I find this game MUCH better than GTA3 ever was. Once you get into the game and unlock and find some stuff, you won't have the same opinions anymore. I guarantee that.

rickster77
  • rickster77

[ ]

• Members

Posted 02 November 2002 - 01:28 PM

Quote (Otsego @ Oct. 31 2002,22:38)
Admittably, I haven't played the game all that much (I cut the hell outta my hand at work, which makes it hard to hold the control ;) but I'm not as thrilled with this game as I thought I would be.  

I was expecting it to be at least on par with GTA3.  I was under the impression that you were able to go anywhere you wanted from the beginning, but after playing for only two minutes I found a blocked off bridge.  

Also, R* mentioned 40 weapons in the game, but they never mentioned that you can only hold 8 at a time.

I haven't noticed much difference in the cars that I've found so far (maybe 10-12 different ones).  They all handle pretty much the same.  

The water splashing on the screen is pretty pointless, and unrealistic.  If it obscured your vision or something, that would be different, but it's just a couple of drops on the screen.

Speaking of obscued vision, how about those blinding red sunsets?  That's a little excessive.

I'm not too impressed by the graphics so far.  I find that everything sorta blends together, making it hard to pick out certain things.  Whereas with GTA3, you could always tell what colour a car was, and where the road ends.

The sound effects seem lacking.  For instance, when you hit someone with a car in GTA3, there's a loud thud, and then usually a bump.  In Vice City though, you hardly even notice it.

The biggest thing that I noticed though, is the horrible stats screen.  The text is so small, it's completely useless.  I can't read any of the smaller menu text.

I get the impression that the whole game has been rushed.

Don't get me wrong, this game looks like it'll be quite good, but it just seems that R* skimped out on a few things.

What do you think?

you have no taste for games, jackass!

and plus... you'll get used to it some day.

tony[]cipriani
  • tony[]cipriani

Capo

• Members

Posted 02 November 2002 - 01:35 PM

Admittably, I haven't played the game all that much (I cut the hell outta my hand at work, which makes it hard to hold the control ;) but I'm not as thrilled with this game as I thought I would be.  

I was expecting it to be at least on par with GTA3.  I was under the impression that you were able to go anywhere you wanted from the beginning, but after playing for only two minutes I found a blocked off bridge.  

Also, R* mentioned 40 weapons in the game, but they never mentioned that you can only hold 8 at a time.

I haven't noticed much difference in the cars that I've found so far (maybe 10-12 different ones).  They all handle pretty much the same.  

The water splashing on the screen is pretty pointless, and unrealistic.  If it obscured your vision or something, that would be different, but it's just a couple of drops on the screen.

Speaking of obscued vision, how about those blinding red sunsets?  That's a little excessive.

I'm not too impressed by the graphics so far.  I find that everything sorta blends together, making it hard to pick out certain things.  Whereas with GTA3, you could always tell what colour a car was, and where the road ends.

The sound effects seem lacking.  For instance, when you hit someone with a car in GTA3, there's a loud thud, and then usually a bump.  In Vice City though, you hardly even notice it.

The biggest thing that I noticed though, is the horrible stats screen.  The text is so small, it's completely useless.  I can't read any of the smaller menu text.

I get the impression that the whole game has been rushed.

Don't get me wrong, this game looks like it'll be quite good, but it just seems that R* skimped out on a few things.

What do you think?
about the graphics and the sound of the game, yo man it seems to me that you have a sh*tty tv for playing i have a 52" Sony Grand Wega thats the kind of tv you have to have for the ultimate theft quest =]

ejmkyp
  • ejmkyp

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cyprus

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by ejmkyp, 24 August 2014 - 07:47 PM.

12 years ago and haters were even then present. How can someone hate the glorious VC?

AlexanderS4
  • AlexanderS4

What I'm saying is... I'm hungry!

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:38 AM

For real dude? This is really old,
How can people hate VC? The same way I hate PES.
Everybody is different, so it's up to everyone decide what they like or not like.

PS: VC is awesome.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

Jesus christ. Bumping a 12 year old thread just to say that was completely unnecessary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users