Photo

This is why some people don't like GTA V

35 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

If you factor in strangers and freaks and many of the property missions there are well over 69. They just divided them differently. They should have just grouped it all together then people would think it was longer. 

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by drr26, 09 October 2013 - 06:30 PM.

Half of the freaks missions didn't involve any effort and loads were not story related either

My point is Niko on his own got 88 missions, 88 for one Protag! CJ had about 105! Even Claude had 50+ story missions....Michael, Franklin & Trevor combined got 69 between them, in a much larger map with more potential! The numbers game was wrong because of the focus on online gaming. 

Also the run to 100% in this game seems half arsed and not fun. I didn't enjoy the last triathlon, pushing the same button for 28 minutes is not fun - probs why I won't ever 100% San Andreas ;-)

• thekillerdonuts likes this

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Since im not an idiot and i knew this game couldnt be a HUGE game cause it was on current gen, i wasnt disappointed. If you overhyped yourself too much, its your fault.

Pedestrial
  • Pedestrial

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Personally, I thought that R* would keep a lot of side activities that made SA great at the time, and simply improve on them.  I felt they were headed into a great direction with their attempts during the 3D era games, but lo and behold, they release IV and removed a lot of things that made SA seem so ambitious, which was a huge letdown and step back in my opinion and my least favorite GTA game so far.

Again, I really don't think that people really hate GTA V, some are just disappointed in certain removed features (as well as the focus on online) that would have made the game truly worthy of the praise it's getting.

You're spot on about the ambitiousness that made GTA SA great for its time, the amount of audio

for pedestrians and npcs was outstanding given the whole game was only 3.8GB in size, it set such

a high benchmark in terms of being true sandbox game.

There didn't seem to be any limitations imposed on you, lots of interiors, so much attention to detail,

want to do a drive-by on a sit on lawnmower wearing a gimpsuit, fill your boots, I know it's a silly

example but there are shedloads.

Now, moving on to GTA V, my own anticipation and expectations where based on, imagine what

you could do with what's already done with GTA SA but on 2 dual layer 8.5GB disks with the massive

budget they had to play with.

Unfortunately they've cut out so many features and added very little new fresh ideas, golf, tennis

and yoga, great if you like that sort of thing, there are quite a few shops and vending machines

around but you have to find all the places they may be tucked away in, I saw nothing wrong with

burgershots etc on the map so if you're down to half health you could just pop along to your

nearest one, not have to go searching.

I may not be popular for saying this but I personally prefered the old system of safehouses

that were actually safehouses and pay n sprays for losing wanted levels, also more purchasable

safehouses along the way, I know many have stated it's very easy to evade cops, avoiding

the visual cones, driving up mountains, hiding in tunnels and all that, but concidering how easy

it is to get 1 star which can quickly escalate into 2, it can be a real chore to spend your time

running and hiding if you had your mind set on doing other things.

I have many other gripes, but my main dissapointment stemmed from the existance of GTA SA

and what they were able to acheive with the limitations of PS2 and xbox, and what I thought

was possible given the budget, time and next gen consoles.

I had alot of fun playing and completing GTA V and it looks stunning but I just thought it had

the potential of being so much more, though that could be said about most things. :colgate:

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Yap! Wonderful post. This is one of the main reasons that gets the game this kind of criticism.

Honestly, i think that after GTA IV, wich got 10/10 reviews and broke the sales record at the time, R* got cocky and indolent, simply added the main features the masses were asking for and added a huge promotional machine. If GTA V was music it would be commercial now...

Seriously man, what are you still doing here, all you do is complain about the game in every thread. If I hated a game as much as you I would have stopped playing it a long ass time ago......

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Nice Read, My expectations where unfortunately a little too high apparently. ($750 million reasons why)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users