» «
Photo

Whats the point in all the car mods?

15 replies to this topic
css_matt
  • css_matt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:05 PM Edited by css_matt, 09 October 2013 - 02:06 PM.

They either do nothing (aesthetics) or the same thing (acceleration & brake)

On my muscle car there is literally no point in doing anything apart from sticking a turbo on it as that maxes out the acceleration, it makes all the engine upgrades and other mods pointless. This isnt very unique and everyone ends up having the same things.

sslickk1
  • sslickk1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

I like the fact that there are a lot of customizations. I agree that they should do more though.

For example, replacing your hood and roof with should make your car lighter, giving you a higher top speed and more efficient braking power.

vash_021
  • vash_021

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

On my muscle car there is literally no point in doing anything apart from sticking a turbo on it as that maxes out the acceleration, it makes all the engine upgrades and other mods pointless. This isnt very unique and everyone ends up having the same things.

also the performonce upgrades doesnt carry over to actual races thats basing from my experience

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

What bugs me the most is NONE of the mods increase top speed. Trans, engine & turbo especially should increase top speed. Other then that, as in real life, i enjoy the cosmetic mods & making something which is unique.

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

also the performonce upgrades doesnt carry over to actual races thats basing from my experience

They do if the custom settings are on (by default they are on)

Unless this just allows custom looking mods?

vash_021
  • vash_021

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

They do if the custom settings are on (by default they are on)

Unless this just allows custom looking mods?

well it does nothing for my bati 801 rr bought the turbo and everything

when i pick the motorbikes i pick my cutom bati I can tell since the wheels have different colors on it

but the performance is in stock

FlyThai
  • FlyThai

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

I aint gonna lie. The car upgrades are a disappointment in this game. The only stat that changes is acceleration 

Rex budman
  • Rex budman

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I agree with this.

They added mods but the mods are quite sub-par in terms of their effect!

A Turbo charger on a fully upgraded engine with lowered suspension and exhaust system should be wheel spinning all over the place! Top speed should be sigificanly increased  as well as the change in sound!

I also am unhappy to see the Subaru rip-off, "Sultan" a rear wheel drive (for some reason non-standard turbo even though it says 3.5L Turbo on the rear) non turbo quiet piece of sh*t. This thing should be rumbling with its boxer engine sound with a Fat exhaust out the back getting excellent traction from its all wheel drive system.

vash_021
  • vash_021

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

I agree with this.

A Turbo charger on a fully upgraded engine with lowered suspension and exhaust system should be wheel spinning all over the place! Top speed should be sigificanly increased  as well as the change in sound!

I also am unhappy to see the Subaru rip-off, "Sultan" a rear wheel drive (for some reason non-standard turbo even though it says 3.5L Turbo on the rear) non turbo quiet piece of sh*t. This thing should be rumbling with its boxer engine sound with a Fat exhaust out the back getting excellent traction from its all wheel drive system.

come on it doenst have to be that realistics although sound mods sounds good

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Turbo gives full acceleration in the mod shop,but I've noticed it doesn't do the same thing in races. The acceleration bar isn't full,but it isn't stock either. Try having engine upgrades and such and compare it,you'll notice a difference :D

And my bati 801 is tuned too,and I've not lost a single race. Surely it makes a difference,since I'm always ahead of others by miles :p

Rex budman
  • Rex budman

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

I agree with this.

come on it doenst have to be that realistics although sound mods sounds good

Lol yeah I know but come on man - Each system mod should give a benfit. Lowered suspension should give better handling - AWD, RWD and FWD should exist even though the last two DO exist!

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Does anyone remember when R* said that you can add modifications to cars, but you have to be careful that putting too much in could be bad too? (or something to that effect lol)

Has anyone noticed any performace issues with just maxing everything out on any car?  I sure haven't

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

I love all the aesthetic mods. I like how they are locked to a higher level too. In the Single Player I'd drive the car into LS Customs spam all the buttons and 30 seconds, I'd have a fully modded car. Meaningless. In MP however, getting that new spoiler, respray or hood is a big deal and it feels like an achievement when you roll out of the shop. I can not wait to fit the big engine block to my Sabre Turbo, its just aesthetic but looks awesome. Couple things you may not have noticed are that the exhaust and engine upgrades actually make the car sound much much better.

I was disappointed at the lack of wheel stands in Muscle cars. Especially as the Wheelie bar is an available upgrade. If you don't know what a wheel stand is, youtube it. Its something else!

Vega Fve
  • Vega Fve

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

I think it's bullsh*t that car colors need to be unlocked, and that some of them cost about 10 times as much as another color.

What's the f*cking point?

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

This is GTA. Not Gran Turismo.

TotalNo0b
  • TotalNo0b

total noob

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:05 AM Edited by TotalNo0b, 11 October 2013 - 09:06 AM.

I agree with this.

the sultan is 4WD, if you hold brake and accelerater, it only spins the back wheels, i know, but it has some power through the front. try it and see, it handles like a 4WD

same with the Elegy

also, lowering the suspension improves body roll a bit, makes the cars respond faster to steering input in a slide. Try it and see. I was skeptical but that is what II found

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users