Photo

PASSIVE MODE - What is the point?

15 replies to this topic
ebonheartnord
  • ebonheartnord

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

So I really thought "Passive Mode" would help stay clear of random jerks looking to troll people online, however, I feel it doesn't serve any purpose.

I mean in a game where you spend almost 90% of your time in a vehicle, it doesn't really add anything to the game.

Passive Mode only makes you untargetable while walking. You are still able get run over by a car though. However, other players can target you while you are seated in the car even with "Passive Mode" enabled.

The last point is a really poor decision. What is the use of having this option in the game in the first place, if it serves no purpose. I mean who spends their time walking around?

• The_Big_Lebowski likes this

ebonheartnord
  • ebonheartnord

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Anyone?

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

You're wrong and you're right.  I was trying to shoot a guy in passive mode that was trolling me.  He was in passive mode but trying to run me over.  I targeted him inside his car, but my gun wouldn't fire.  It IS stupid that he can still run me over.  They need to change passive mode to where your car goes THROUGH people when in passive mode, so that way people can't go passive and then run people down.  Defiance is a game that is like that.  You're car actually goes through people and you can't harm them and they can't harm you

ebonheartnord
  • ebonheartnord

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

You're wrong and you're right.  I was trying to shoot a guy in passive mode that was trolling me.  He was in passive mode but trying to run me over.  I targeted him inside his car, but my gun wouldn't fire.  It IS stupid that he can still run me over.  They need to change passive mode to where your car goes THROUGH people when in passive mode, so that way people can't go passive and then run people down.  Defiance is a game that is like that.  You're car actually goes through people and you can't harm them and they can't harm you

Well I am surprised, cause if you read the explanation on "passive mode" it clearly states, only while "walking". I am speaking from experience. There was this guy that kept chasing me with his car. Then he got out and shot at me when I crashed. 

It could probably be a bug or a glitch, but I am pretty sure that is how it works. And its happened a few times. There was this other guy that smashed into my new car just out of LS Customs with his bike. I got pissed and went to run him over. He got rolled over, but he recovered, pulled out his SMG and opened fire.

MUT3D
  • MUT3D

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

passive mode is broken and people are using it to get cheap kills with cars b/c they are garbage. i think passive mode should be removed as a whole. if you dont want to get killed avoid players or play invite only and just play with your friends in a happy go lucky barney world

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

I love using it to troll people that I kill. Either that or going to the haircutter when I have a bounty on me.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

I spend my time walking around. I have spent more time on foot than in a vehicle in GTA Online, believe it or not. And I agree that Passive Mode sucks sh*t. Anyone speeding down the street can just run your ass over. And when I'm in a vehicle, people still find ways to screw with me.

It's best to just fight back. Using fools as practice increases my shooting stat.

Adamsy
  • Adamsy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

i use it so idiots don't kill me and when i'm outside the car checking stats, missions etc, i stand where cars can't touch me :) and i'm clearly on passive out the way of cars and you still get dumb idiots trying to shoot me lol. Its even funny when they destroy your personal car. WHY? at the end of the day i get the car back for Free and it costs them $450 for the premium lol.

Basically if you use passive mode right its more than useful. Is for me anyways.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

Yes it is borderline pointless. You can't shoot NPCs, you can be shot in a car but on foot you can be run over. I never see any reason to use it. You still are in danger in almost any situation. Even if you climb on a roof a heli can chop you up.

But oh well, play in free-aim and it is much harder to be killed.

Amanny59
  • Amanny59

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

I just wish they had the friendly game mode, like in Red Dead and GTAIV. where you cant shoot eachother no matter what, besides when people would shoot rockets at your feet to kill you by the fall.

Then i can play with people who want to do more coop free roam activities rather than loading into a map where everyone is just driving around aimlessly killing each other.

blurofblaze
  • blurofblaze

SBGthugz

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

I could see dieing from being ran over in passive mode but being able tl be shot while inside a car is dumb

MrMonkish
  • MrMonkish

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

When I use passive mode, I find a place where their car can't go and just stand there giving them the double bird.  A lot of times they will still unload massive amounts of ammo trying to kill me too.  After a little while, they get bored and leave.

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

I just wish they had the friendly game mode, like in Red Dead and GTAIV. where you cant shoot eachother no matter what, besides when people would shoot rockets at your feet to kill you by the fall.

Then i can play with people who want to do more coop free roam activities rather than loading into a map where everyone is just driving around aimlessly killing each other.

Agreed.

natsamson
  • natsamson

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

I like the passive mode in shops and stuff so you cant get your head blown off, outside its everyone for themselves

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

RDR was way better in that respect. But they all know that at R*.

ivDeTox
  • ivDeTox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I don't really like the idea of passive mode. If you can't deal with guns and death in GTA online then don't play it lol. This is grand theft auto not The Sims 3 where you run around in your happy little world doing missions without anyone trying to gun you down. It's everyone for themselves.

If however they insists on adding a stupid passive mode, when you're in passive mode you shouldn't be able to pull out a single weapon. You definitely shouldn't be able to run people over or kill ANYONE if nobody can kill you. 

Passive mode should be to protect you from other players trying to kill you. Not from EVERY little danger in the world. It's passive mode not invincibility mode. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users