» «
Photo

I'm not playing this until...

48 replies to this topic
Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by Mukaparska, 09 October 2013 - 01:49 PM.

they make cars not to explode on every f*cking crash. I'm losing my f*cking mind when I jump somewhere and I land a bit badly and BOOM it f*cking explodes. Of course, now you can guide your vehicle while airborne, but that looks ridiculous. 

Oh, and I don't like how you die so easily and "fast" in crashes. When riding down a mountain with a motorbcycle (with horrible arcade controls) and crash, you "die" while still flying, instead of rolling down the whole mountain like a badass avalanche. I like the new feel in gunfights, but I think people should be tougher when falling/getting run over. It might not be realistic, but at least it would be helluva fun. 

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Yh that sucks, I was hoping to jump off big mountains in cars but nope it will explode. This was very dissapointing tbh
  • Flashify likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Anything that should be fun is stopped by R*. It happens in many things --TOO many things.

• Zroovy likes this

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Cars don't explode going down a mountain... i never had one explode.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

If it drops even a bit on it's back or roof, then it explodes

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:09 PM Edited by Flashify, 09 October 2013 - 02:11 PM.

It's mainly if you land upside-down. People will just hate this thread and say "datS y Yu CAn cONtrOl iT wiV LefF StiK". My response to that in advance is, it's no fun and maybe I want to land/crash badly on purpose and do f*ck loads of barrel rolls down the entire side if Chilliad - look at Just Cause 2, for example, that is f*cking cool.
  • B Dawg and InfernoV like this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

It's mainly if you land upside-down. People will just hate this thread and say "datS y Yu CAn cONtrOl iT wiV LefF StiK". My response to that in advance is, it's no fun and maybe I want to land/crash badly on purpose and do f*ck loads of barrel rolls down the entire side if Chilliad - look at Just Cause 2, for example, that is f*cking cool.

Lool yh this.

Its more fun to see the car have a bad landing and seeing the car flip all over the place.
In previous gta I would make it so the car crashes its just more fun then landing on the wheels

Levano
  • Levano

::

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Never played older GTA's?

In my opinion they explode waaay less then the old GTA's...

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

It's mainly if you land upside-down. People will just hate this thread and say "datS y Yu CAn cONtrOl iT wiV LefF StiK". My response to that in advance is, it's no fun and maybe I want to land/crash badly on purpose

Then shut the f*ck up about exploding, you have a way to avoid it, and even set up the barrel rolls. Instead, you're whining about something that the game gives you the opportunity to avoid.
  • ShinobiFixer and Roscoe182 like this

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

You must have attempted launching down a mountain about one time then. If your car lands on its roof at all it will just explode. Just try it about 10 times in a row and I bet your car will blow up 3/4 of the time. No manuvering your car in the air, just let it happen.

Are you drunk? I never once had a car go from full health to straight up exploding when landing at a poor angle in any other GTA.

It's mainly if you land upside-down. People will just hate this thread and say "datS y Yu CAn cONtrOl iT wiV LefF StiK". My response to that in advance is, it's no fun and maybe I want to land/crash badly on purpose

Then shut the f*ck up about exploding, you have a way to avoid it, and even set up the barrel rolls. Instead, you're whining about something that the game gives you the opportunity to avoid.

Are you remedial? He just stated that he wants his car to land poorly and not explode. You try to tell him to shut up because he can control his car in the air now. Whether you can control your car in the air or not, they still explode unless they land on their wheels, he just said he doesn't want them to land on their wheels. So how would controling your car in the air fix this issue if you are trying to land in a way that will f*ck your car up? It won't, your trying to argue against something that you don't seem to understand.

Not to mention not all of us want to be able to magically control our cars in the air. I don't mind being able to flip my car off its roof when it's on the ground but being able to change the directon of it in air is stupid to me. They gave us the ability to right our car after a failed jump attempt that caused it to roll over, thats all they should have done. Then they made it so you can control your car in the air so you never really have failed jump attempts to begin with. Then ontop of that they made it where your car explodes if you don't land well, even if you want to let the car land poorly you can't because it will explode...Turning your car into a beater by continuously going off jumps and damaging it was a lot of fun in GTA IV, but they took that away for some reason.

At the least they need to make the cars not explode so easily, that way if you don't want to control your car in mid air you don't have to. I don't want to control my car in air but I am forced to, If I don't my car will most likely explode if it doesn't land on its wheels. Why am I being punished and forced to use this system? It doesn't punish people for making stupid moves with their car and doesn't reward me for making good moves.

If I'm playing online and chasing somebody that is a poor driver but they are in a faster car than me the only thing I can do to catch them is to hope they make a mistake that allows me to catch up. With the way the game is now there is always an instant simple way to fix a poor choice you made so even if the player I'm chasing is doing stupid things they can still get away from me. That's no fair to us that can do well in the game from what we have experienced.

Force me to use this stupid mid air car control thing even though I don't want to, AND punish me for using skilled driving to catch somebody by letting players that make unskilled choices instantly correct themselves and continue on as if they never messed up to begin with.

Dat ain't right, or fun.

• B Dawg and Flashify like this

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Cars seem to blow up when crashing on the mountains a lot - and in random spots of impact (petrol tank with an SUV, the front with a Sentinal XS, and probs others but I wasn't paying attention)

It's genuinely worrying how often you die when you do this - why I never go offroad in cars I tune to keep

modshateme
  • modshateme

Their wives, girlfriends, & daughters love me.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Weird I have crashed into everything I can think of driving off mountains and not once has a car ever exploded on me.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

@buford, you're a moron.

You've been able to control the car while its been in the air since vice city. If you land on your ENGINE at high speeds, your car explodes. If I had a way of capturing game play, I'd make a video detailing this, so you all could feel as retarded as you appear to be.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

@buford, you're a moron.

You've been able to control the car while its been in the air since vice city. If you land on your ENGINE at high speeds, your car explodes. If I had a way of capturing game play, I'd make a video detailing this, so you all could feel as retarded as you appear to be.

Nope. You V is the first GTA where you can guide your car in air. Also, the car will explode if it drops on its roof, trunk or engine. 

Ermac
  • Ermac

beginningmore

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by mr6plow9, 11 October 2013 - 04:43 PM.

@buford, you're a moron.

Nope. You V is the first GTA where you can guide your car in air. Also, the car will explode if it drops on its roof, trunk or engine. 

You guys are both incorrect. Controlling your car in the air was introduced in San Andreas, and it returned in IV.

The way I see it, your car should only explode if you land it on the engine from a reasonable height, not the roof.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

@buford, you're a moron.

That's absolutely wrong. I personally cant remember Vice City or San Andreas, thought I do feel like I remember being able to in San Andreas, but you could ABSOLUTELY control it in IV, and I know that because I did it ALL THE TIME while jumping off the plumbers skyway. 

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:44 PM Edited by King Kapone, 11 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

Three front end collisions in the GTAs of yesteryear, your car would light on fire and explode in 10 seconds. Anytime you car landed on its roof at all, it would light on fire and explode in 10 seconds. Frankly, I love that you explode if you go flying onto your roof in your car. Makes vehicle crashes a lot of fun. If its inconveniencing you, learn how to drive so you do not flip.

I mean jeez, if Rockstar was really aiming for "no-fun realism" anytime you hopped a sidewalk, depending on the height of the curb, the suspension would be f*cked and there would be a good chance you totalled your car right then and there.

Quitchabitchin.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Ok so do not play it....

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

But but but, I thought GTAV cars were too strong and didn't explode/crash enough, it's like you guys can't make up your minds. :p

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Can't you install armor and roll cages to prevent this?

BFR579
  • BFR579

"Till things are brighter, I'm the man in black."

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:12 PM Edited by BFR579, 11 October 2013 - 05:13 PM.

It seems that R* can never get the vehicle physics quite right. In old gtas you would explode if the car tipped over, in IV the car would flip if the wheels touched the sidewalk, and in V the car explodes when landing on its roof or fuel tank from a certain height. I hope they fix this problem in the pc version with mods, if R* doesn't do it themselves.

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Anything that should be fun is stopped by R*. It happens in many things --TOO many things.

So true, they try to stop the fun everywhere in the game.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

The car only explodes when there is an impact to the engine, just control the car as you're falling down a mountain.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

In IV, to steer in mid-air, you hold the Brake and Accelerator at the same time and steer.

In old gtas you would explode if the car tipped over, in IV the car would flip if the wheels touched the sidewalk

In old gtas they would set on fire first, giving you time to jump out, and no cars dont just flip in IV.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

It seems that R* can never get the vehicle physics quite right. In old gtas you would explode if the car tipped over, in IV the car would flip if the wheels touched the sidewalk, and in V the car explodes when landing on its roof or fuel tank from a certain height. I hope they fix this problem in the pc version with mods, if R* doesn't do it themselves.

I do not think they have had a problem getting it right, I think there is not really "right", everyone wants something different and they always have to split the difference. 

YadiYada
  • YadiYada

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

My cars never exploded no matter how many times they rolled down the mountain and became a huge chunk of sh*t by the end.

GLiTcH2
  • GLiTcH2

╚═╬═╬═╬═╝

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:51 PM Edited by GLiTcH2, 11 October 2013 - 05:52 PM.

I have upgraded the armor on my personal vehicle and it has not exploded on me yet, I am sure if I fell really high up and hit directly on the engine it might but I have gone over several jumps or off a mountain and landed on the roof/engine without any explosion.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

If it drops even a bit on it's back or roof, then it explodes

only on the very cheap models (i had it happen to me) and yet more expensive cars don't blow up.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yes, I totally want the spontaneous combustion instead....

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

You must have attempted launching down a mountain about one time then. If your car lands on its roof at all it will just explode. Just try it about 10 times in a row and I bet your car will blow up 3/4 of the time. No manuvering your car in the air, just let it happen.

Are you drunk? I never once had a car go from full health to straight up exploding when landing at a poor angle in any other GTA.

Are you remedial? He just stated that he wants his car to land poorly and not explode. You try to tell him to shut up because he can control his car in the air now. Whether you can control your car in the air or not, they still explode unless they land on their wheels, he just said he doesn't want them to land on their wheels. So how would controling your car in the air fix this issue if you are trying to land in a way that will f*ck your car up? It won't, your trying to argue against something that you don't seem to understand.

Not to mention not all of us want to be able to magically control our cars in the air. I don't mind being able to flip my car off its roof when it's on the ground but being able to change the directon of it in air is stupid to me. They gave us the ability to right our car after a failed jump attempt that caused it to roll over, thats all they should have done. Then they made it so you can control your car in the air so you never really have failed jump attempts to begin with. Then ontop of that they made it where your car explodes if you don't land well, even if you want to let the car land poorly you can't because it will explode...Turning your car into a beater by continuously going off jumps and damaging it was a lot of fun in GTA IV, but they took that away for some reason.

At the least they need to make the cars not explode so easily, that way if you don't want to control your car in mid air you don't have to. I don't want to control my car in air but I am forced to, If I don't my car will most likely explode if it doesn't land on its wheels. Why am I being punished and forced to use this system? It doesn't punish people for making stupid moves with their car and doesn't reward me for making good moves.

If I'm playing online and chasing somebody that is a poor driver but they are in a faster car than me the only thing I can do to catch them is to hope they make a mistake that allows me to catch up. With the way the game is now there is always an instant simple way to fix a poor choice you made so even if the player I'm chasing is doing stupid things they can still get away from me. That's no fair to us that can do well in the game from what we have experienced.

Force me to use this stupid mid air car control thing even though I don't want to, AND punish me for using skilled driving to catch somebody by letting players that make unskilled choices instantly correct themselves and continue on as if they never messed up to begin with.

Dat ain't right, or fun.

berneydidnotread.gif

• jptawok likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users