Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA: Real life vehicles: yay or nay?

11 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA: Real life vehicles: yay or nay? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Real life vehicles: yay or nay?

1. Yes. Time for a change. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No. I rather to stick to the classic real life vehicle parodies. (17 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

Just a simple poll, despite if it could be possible or not, would you like to have licensed real life vehicles or continue with the classic vehicle parodies of GTA?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Asking question like this is completely unnecessary, because real life cars would ruin GTA. You wouldn't be able to blew them up and the damage would be very limited (breaking windows and losing bumpers). Do you really want to see GTA like that?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Well, it's just a question without considering the limitations it could actually have. I know it wouldn't be possible, since most auto makers don't want their cars to be seen used by criminals and damaged...

So let's say they would work like a normal GTA cars (full damage and so).

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Still no. GTA world is full of parodies (eCola, Sprunk, Ammunation, Burger Shot, etc.) Real cars in unreal world would look just stupid.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

the Getaway had licenced cars and full damage, so this isnt such a big problem, still i never want to see with real product placement

i love the parodies rocstar are doing

Target13
  • Target13

Target locked.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Just mod some cars into that game if you want.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

the Getaway had licenced cars and full damage, so this isnt such a big problem, still i never want to see with real product placement

i love the parodies rocstar are doing

Partially true, but you still couldn't blow up the vehicle or turn it into pulp of metal as in it was possible in GTA IV.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Nay. And it won't ever happen I think.

GTA is set in a fictional world where everything is parodied on their real life counterparts. TV, politics, clothing, news, cities, companies like Apple lol, scientology etc. Everything (except music). So to have real licensed vehicles in this fictional world wouldn't make much sense.

I wouldn't mind it of course, only if cars can actually be fully damaged etc, it would still be GTA and it would still be awesome, but it won't happen. IF they ever had a choice to do that or not, and IF the cars could be fully damaged, I would still prefer it if they created their own vehicles inspired by real licensed ones. R* have done an excellent job with that so far, so no need for change, it would just be a waste of money :)

The Driver series is going down that route btw. As far as I know, every vehicle in Driver San Fran are licensed. Don't know what the damage is like tho. Never played it...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

I would be highly against the idea, seeing as parodies of real life brands is what makes about 80% of GTAs "feel", with vehicles being one of the funniest and easiest things to parody

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

There is also one thing against implementing real cars in game like GTA. Say goodbye to Ferrari, because that particular company doesn't want its vehicles used in any criminal activities. Also say goodbye to Mercedes. One of the reasons why Driver:SF got only Mercedes SLR McLaren was fact that McLaren hold rights for this car isntead of MB. 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

There is also one thing against implementing real cars in game like GTA. Say goodbye to Ferrari, because that particular company doesn't want its vehicles used in any criminal activities. Also say goodbye to Mercedes. One of the reasons why Driver:SF got only Mercedes SLR McLaren was fact that McLaren hold rights for this car isntead of MB.

Yup, I've mentioned that above. Remember, this is not about if the idea is possible but if people would like it or not.

Personally, I'm probably one of the few who would be interested about having real life brands. I don't really give a sh*t about the GTA universe and its immersion; I like to have a good story and I feel more immersion if it's closer to the real life, like movies. Sometimes these GTA parodies and jokes make the storyline lose seriousness. Anyway, I can coexist with the classic GTA vehicle system :p

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

To be fair I'm pretty sure it'd be pretty expensive to license the amount of cars they'd need for VI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users