Photo

Missions too difficult

148 replies to this topic
Thegemte
  • Thegemte

The_Gemte

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

I found without a headset a living nightmare, as either person wouldn't know what the other was doing or what the plan was. if you take five hours (exaggerating just a bit) typing a message with the controller, it just becomes tiresome. Me and my mates, some don't have headsets and type messages. I can just sit there and tell them what  i think the plan of action should be and it makes the missions work easier that they aren't hard. I think the key to a a good mission is good communication with the your group. No communication can get you a poor mission result potentially.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

I found without a headset a living nightmare, as either person wouldn't know what the other was doing or what the plan was. if you take five hours (exaggerating just a bit) typing a message with the controller, it just becomes tiresome. Me and my mates, some don't have headsets and type messages. I can just sit there and tell them what  i think the plan of action should be and it makes the missions work easier that they aren't hard. I think the key to a a good mission is good communication with the your group. No communication can get you a poor mission result potentially.

use any kinds bluetooth headsets , there are ways to use bluetooth headset for PS3 ( specifically non-sony's made headsets )

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

OP,Why not just admit that you are incompetent instead of complaining the missions are too hard?

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

I don't mind the difficulty of a mission...I just hate the low pay!...Pay more and I would love to do more missions instead of RR all the time...I only do other missions when Im board or join to help out a lower lvl player... I really think if these missions payed out MORE then it  some players wouldn't want to glitch for money and play honestly... These missions have players either glitching cash or buying cash cards and not playing all the missions utilizing the game to its full potential...

Nightrage
  • Nightrage

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

Some more lives would be nice,and I agree the npc are unrealisticly good but I personally don't think the mission are hard enought, give me some long difficult missions with big pay please!

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Some missions are quite hard in the higher levels. Which isn't a bad thing. It's only seriously bad when you have to travel halfway across the map, driving in a truck while being chased down by people with SUV's (over and over and over and over and over again.). Most of the times that I die in missions were from car chases or enemies respawning where they just died.

MightyLA
  • MightyLA

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

Stop bumping this 2013 thread. OP could be good at missions by now. Stop bumping.

• robban likes this

HopelessSamurai
  • HopelessSamurai

Buddist Monk

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

Play it on easy if your balls are too small.

• Sangers likes this

LPGTAO
  • LPGTAO

trans & proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

I just posted two additional mission tutorials to my youtube channel: dry docking and chemical extraction (solo, hard).

If you are having difficulty with a particular mission let me know and I'll try to help!  Thanks.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

Honestly the missions are easy. The only hard mission (with randoms) is the one where you kill all the lawyer (or whatever they are) because every wants to get into the same car.

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

The Quickness.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, A week ago.

Sorry for the necro bump, but Martin's mission "Time To Get Away" is just insane... it's bad enough that we have to fight a platoon of cops at the farm, but then there's the FIB and NOOSE teams in their seemingly infinite-spawning Buffalos and Grangers doing drive-bys around you without stopping their cars. This mission may be impossible.

I earned $6750 and 1700 RP for killing 45 enemies in a bunch-up area, also destroying more than 10 Grangers... not worth the effort.

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by Sangers, A week ago.

Sorry for the necro bump, but Martin's mission "Time To Get Away" is just insane... it's bad enough that we have to fight a platoon of cops at the farm, but then there's the FIB and NOOSE teams in their seemingly infinite-spawning Buffalos and Grangers doing drive-bys around you without stopping their cars. This mission may be impossible.

I earned $6750 and 1700 RP for killing 45 enemies in a bunch-up area, also destroying more than 10 Grangers... not worth the effort.

"Mission may be impossible" ...but you finished it.

Cry wolf much?

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

The Quickness.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, A week ago.

^ I had to cry to Pegasus to get a Rhino to survive the Granger assault though... the enemies are too damn accurate in this mission.

EDIT: Here's what the mission looks like.

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

^ I had to cry to Pegasus to get a Rhino to survive the Granger assault though... the enemies are too damn accurate in this mission.

EDIT: Here's what the mission looks like.

We finished this mission first go, no problems. Did it again the other day, again no problem. What are you doing wrong? Just take cover on the street behind cars or behind the stacks of wood, pop out and shoot the guys one by one, move slowly towards the barn, pick the guy up, leave. It's not hard at all. Don't stay out of cover as long as the guy in the video, and don't use the Musket. Also the guy in the video hangs around the barn way too long. Just get in and hightail it up the highway.

ktm_ryder
  • ktm_ryder

blackindia78

• Members

Posted A week ago

What makes most missions difficult is the other players.

This! Not only because random players f*ck it up, but its actually seems harder.

Dont now if its intended to be harder or if its just lag caused by more players. I died many times on RR when playing with others. While solo I rarely ever die. The bullets seem to find you even in while in cover and the enemys have higher fire rate or hits you in bursts making you die instantly.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Some missions are hard, some missions are a piece of cake. That's how it should be – something for everyone. In response to the person that put 'fun>challenge', I personally believe there is no fun without challenge. I find there's a sense of entitlement amongst players these days that didn't exist a few years ago. This idea that if you die more than two or three times at the same point then the game is 'too hard'.

GTAO missions are designed to be tackled by multiple players so they have to be reasonably tough. The AI is very accurate with its weapons but so are players with assisted aim on. A lot of the time you can simply pop out of cover, take out an enemy and pop back in. You do have to be a bit tactical sometimes though, use cover and think about what you're doing. If you struggle with the harder missions, practice and get better. That's what playing a game like this should be about. If you just want to shoot baddies with little risk of dying, play some offline shooter on easy mode. A multiplayer game that's based on levelling up and earning money to get better car, weapons etc has to be challenging or there's no point to the whole dynamic.

Would you prefer every mission was easily completable by a single player, or is it better to have a range of missions offering different difficulties where every player can find their level? There are easy missions for people who don't want to be challenged, but why should every mission be dumbed down just so people who can't be bothered to work at it can say they completed everything (and then start whining because they're bored of the game cos there's nothing left to do)?

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

The Quickness.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

We finished this mission first go, no problems. Did it again the other day, again no problem. What are you doing wrong? Just take cover on the street behind cars or behind the stacks of wood, pop out and shoot the guys one by one, move slowly towards the barn, pick the guy up, leave. It's not hard at all. Don't stay out of cover as long as the guy in the video, and don't use the Musket. Also the guy in the video hangs around the barn way too long. Just get in and hightail it up the highway.

Lol, like the guy in the video, I play this game alone. The first two attempts were filled with unlucky circumstances.

Attempt 1: I took cover all the way to the farm house, but I came around the back of the game and the game registered me as picking up Madrazo's friend. At that moment, he ran away, forcing me to run into the open to get control of him. After that, the cops in their cars began assaulting me, with each death afterwards being from them spawn-killing me from quite a distance.

Attempt 2. I got him into the red car in the farm and I almost got away, but the car got trapped in a wooden trench. I got surrounded and killed, and he did also.

Some missions are hard, some missions are a piece of cake. That's how it should be – something for everyone. In response to the person that put 'fun>challenge', I personally believe there is no fun without challenge. I find there's a sense of entitlement amongst players these days that didn't exist a few years ago. This idea that if you die more than two or three times at the same point then the game is 'too hard'.

GTAO missions are designed to be tackled by multiple players so they have to be reasonably tough. The AI is very accurate with its weapons but so are players with assisted aim on. A lot of the time you can simply pop out of cover, take out an enemy and pop back in. You do have to be a bit tactical sometimes though, use cover and think about what you're doing. If you struggle with the harder missions, practice and get better. That's what playing a game like this should be about. If you just want to shoot baddies with little risk of dying, play some offline shooter on easy mode. A multiplayer game that's based on levelling up and earning money to get better car, weapons etc has to be challenging or there's no point to the whole dynamic.

Would you prefer every mission was easily completable by a single player, or is it better to have a range of missions offering different difficulties where every player can find their level? There are easy missions for people who don't want to be challenged, but why should every mission be dumbed down just so people who can't be bothered to work at it can say they completed everything (and then start whining because they're bored of the game cos there's nothing left to do)?

See, the thing with Online is that regardless the mission, the AI have insane spidey senses, where killing a buddy with a silenced weapon will result in everybody in the city block to know your exact location. When I play a game with weapons such as the ones we use, I expect stealth to be an option when tackling these missions, but like I said, if the enemies find a body, you're going straight to Alert mode with no way of evasion. It's as if the game wants us to be run-and-gunners and wants us to play like this all the time:

1413781.jpg

Then there's the respawning system. We clear out an entire area of enemies then proceed to the objective, we usually expect it to be a breeze, right? Wrong, with the spawning cheese of these enemies. It's so bad that this is bound to happen in higher-level missions:

I understand the idea of adding challenge to this game, but psychic enemies that can respawn anywhere around us several seconds after death isn't the way to go... this artificial challenge that R* created is actually unfair, and the free-aiming community suffers from this the most because the AI retain the insane behavior and accuracy present from auto-aim lobbies. I'll still play missions because they're fun and have this challenge, but it gets old having to run-and-gun every single time; for once, I'd like to complete a mission with stealth and tactical espionage. :/

• frankenstein107 likes this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

It would be nice to be able to actually use stealth in the game, both in missions and free roam, like if sneaking removed your blip from the radar.

Anon

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Dry Docking seems to be impossible now doing it solo on hard, whenever I go to crack the safe, another guy spawns on the staircase behind me and shoots me :(

And I agree that we should be able to go about things stealthily, I used to love playing Splinter Cell, moving around quietly and taking out guards... also have recently gotten hooked on Skyrim. I love sneaking around as a theif/assassin, grabbing people from behind and slitting their throats :p

CenMan
  • CenMan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 6 days ago Edited by CenMan, 6 days ago.

There are only 2 problems for me, one is the insanely accurate enemies(especially from vehicles), and one is infinitely spawning enemies. Both are very cheap ways to make missions harder and they do not belong in a game released in 2013. The accuracy of the NPCs is understandable in auto-aim, but it free aim it's nothing short of ridiculous. IMO auto-aim has no place in modern games anyway, but I still play it because I'm lazy and free aim jobs take forever to fill up.

See, the thing with Online is that regardless the mission, the AI have insane spidey senses, where killing a buddy with a silenced weapon will result in everybody in the city block to know your exact location. When I play a game with weapons such as the ones we use, I expect stealth to be an option when tackling these missions, but like I said, if the enemies find a body, you're going straight to Alert mode with no way of evasion. It's as if the game wants us to be run-and-gunners and wants us to play like this all the time:

1413781.jpg

Then there's the respawning system. We clear out an entire area of enemies then proceed to the objective, we usually expect it to be a breeze, right? Wrong, with the spawning cheese of these enemies. It's so bad that this is bound to happen in higher-level missions:

I understand the idea of adding challenge to this game, but psychic enemies that can respawn anywhere around us several seconds after death isn't the way to go... this artificial challenge that R* created is actually unfair, and the free-aiming community suffers from this the most because the AI retain the insane behavior and accuracy present from auto-aim lobbies. I'll still play missions because they're fun and have this challenge, but it gets old having to run-and-gun every single time; for once, I'd like to complete a mission with stealth and tactical espionage. :/

This is not entirely true. You can kill enemies stealthily without alarming their buddies. I've been playing Potshot a lot recently to make money and rank up my second character, and sometimes just killing the 2 guys in front doesn't make the van start driving, so I'll have to toss a grenade to let the enemies know I'm there. If you kill them before they have a chance to shout (not sure if a silenced weapon is required, I normally shoot from a distance), you won't alert the rest. Sometimes I run over the 2 guys by the bridge, and if I kill both of them instantly then the van doesn't start driving either.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Overly accurate, overly powered, overly respawning-behind-your-back enemies =/= Good Challenge

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

You have only two lifes, npcs can shoot like a god, you die very quick and you can get f*cking wanted stars, even in missions where you have to fight gangsters and sh*t.

Some of you might say get some skills, stop whining, go play other games and whatever... but in my opinion the missions in GTAO are too hard. In 50-75% of the cases I and random people who play with me die and mission failed. Sometimes I play a mission for like 30 mins and die then, it was a waste of time and I get nothing, and that happens too often imo.

What do you think?

I totally agree. All the gangsters aim like 10 year battlefield experienced navy seals

That's because they are former navy seals. Look it up.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 6 days ago Edited by RealHoosier07, 6 days ago.

The only time these missions are TOO hard is in free aim....but I love it anyway. Easy missions are boring. You have to use cover...period. another tip is that when you reach a point where you're in your vehicle and getting chased, get out of your vehicle and fight them....then get back in your vehicle and have a nice safe drive to your destination.

I've played with many random that grab the package or whatever it is the mission calls for, and they jump in their vehicle and drive off....All the while trying to outrun or swerve away from the enemies chasing them. I never run away in my vehicle because the enemies in vehicles are deadly with their aim. I always get out and kill them on foot. Much easier

Preusse
  • Preusse

1 von 80 Millionen Weltmeistern

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 6 days ago

People still post in my noob thread?

Chrunchip
  • Chrunchip

Thug

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 6 days ago

You have only two lifes, npcs can shoot like a god, you die very quick and you can get f*cking wanted stars, even in missions where you have to fight gangsters and sh*t.

Some of you might say get some skills, stop whining, go play other games and whatever... but in my opinion the missions in GTAO are too hard. In 50-75% of the cases I and random people who play with me die and mission failed. Sometimes I play a mission for like 30 mins and die then, it was a waste of time and I get nothing, and that happens too often imo.

What do you think?

they raised the difficulty and/or enemy spawns... i haven't play much missions lately but trying to solo Base Invaders 2nights ago gave me high-5 straight in my face o_O (tried normal and hard...) – in the days back BI was a piece of cake on hard & solo - honestly i was a bit surprised getting killed that fast... but i think that's just a try to make them more attractive to team- / community-play again. I think they should raise the payout/RP just a bit for some missions.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

I think most of the missions aren't supposed to be played solo or with randoms.
just read this thing on the newswire about the 5 hardest missions according to R* and some tips on how to approach them
all their descriptions involved pretty intricate planning and teamwork, well intricate compared to the mindless run and gun for the objective you see in every mission with randoms.

think that's a pretty big part of why people fail so hard at missions
like that one lester mission on the skyscraper, people trying all sorts of silly stuff like parachuting onto the roof filled with enemies or even climbing all the way up the crane only to be killed right away.

I mean is it that hard to notice the other buildings around and land on one of those first?

same with death from above, you can actually parachute in like the description says if you use some covering fire from a nearby roof.
but randoms don't have brains it seems.

VictinisRage
  • VictinisRage

Anti_Hero

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Just got to be skillz brah, game5 hurd 4 lyf,

Lol jk, who cares, l2p.

I'm not illiterate i swear.

And I think my brain cells just died. D"

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

I prefer a challenge, bring it on!

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

I can solo any mission in the game with my LSPD vintage pistol ...

(and $200 ... ;)

So um .. get better?

What do you think?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users