Missions too difficult

148 replies to this topic
am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

Extradition, there are TWO Lazer jets parked back in Sandy Shores that will take off the second you reach Ft. Zancudo. I backtrack, grab a Jet. If you can't land it on the highway to grab the briefcase just parachute down.

Pick up your Buzzard and blow up the Lazzers so they dont follow you, then take out the Titan and DA, Buzzard is easier to land on road grab briefcase and fly to Martins. No parachuting. 

There are no (0) missions that a Lazzer or a Tank make easier or faster. 

Base Invaders can be done by ONE person. In a car.

Use the Jester or something with a bulletproof back window.

Do jump into base, use stick bombs or grenades, destroy Jets then pull up RIGHT NEXT TO the Cargobob. Hop out and hop in, simple as that. Really one of the easiest missions if done this way.

This, but use Ron's plane & land by Amunation store outside fort..

call mechanic for fast car...

proceed as above except when you land you wont have to get in and out of the plane..

You can use a Buzzard for both, which certainly makes Death from Above quicker.  Base Invaders used to be quicker but continually respawning enemies with the deadliest of aim slow you down.

PJ-147
  • PJ-147

qotd

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

It also kind of gets to me when a player just collects the docs and drives off (RR), i actually shot at the player doing that for the first time, because i didn't know it doesn't really matter for the outcome of the mission.

Kachii
  • Kachii

This isn't even my final form

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

I think people mistake hard with "what am I supposed to do"

If anything they're pretty easy if you know what you're doing.

• Zorvaine likes this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

You can use a Buzzard for both, which certainly makes Death from Above quicker.  Base Invaders used to be quicker but continually respawning enemies with the deadliest of aim slow you down.

You can complete Base Invaders as explained without killing anyone, just blow up planes and fly away

Pyromythical
  • Pyromythical

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

I actually want a harder difficulty setting for missions.
No team lives at all.

Up enemy skill (make all enemies as accurate as military or Merryweather.

Either if you die you get no payout (so no chances) or if one player dies it's mission fail.

Yeah it wouldn't be for random, but then random in missions play like it's freaking Rambo

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

What specific missions are we talking about?

I tried doing an absolute c*nt of a mission (the one from Lester where you blow up cop cars, riot vans, bikes etc) last night with a low level dude and couldn't get it done. Pretty much everything before that though had been fairly simple.

Oh wow I know right?! As far as I can see the 2 times I tried that was there appears to be no way of getting to the riot van.

Missions require communication and planning sometimes. You can't just Rambo sh*t.

For That Lester mission tell one person to go to the police cars and wait. You go to the location of the Riot Van and get up above it on the railing behind the billboard. When you give the word that first person drops one sticky bomb in between the two cars, blows it up and immediately starts moving a little north. As soon as those explode your van becomes a target. You drop one grenade down beside it and high tail to your car at the bottom of the stairs. So now less than 10 seconds into the timers you are both headed toward the motorcycles. The other guy should get there first. A well aimed sticky or nade should take them all out as you drive by...though it might take 2. Then you have plenty of time to make your way to the prison and take out the Bus. Easy.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Pacino De Niro

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:23 AM Edited by luisniko, 22 April 2014 - 10:24 AM.

Let's check our experience so far:

- A lowlife dessert redneck hiding behind a box, then blind shooting with a machine gun and send bullets accurately to the tip of you elbow which was uncovered the object you're hiding with and eventually kill you, while you're around 1 km away from them.

-You're flying a helicopter in the middle of downtown still can get hit by a pack of smg wielding enemy shooting from a high speed, super shaky car while turning left-right and bump peds' cars and walls.

- You're driving in top speed of your super car delivering an object. Then, a couple guys of biker gang pops up thousands of meters away behind you and they can hit right at your head and your non-bulletproof tire.

The game has been on for more than 6 months and Rockstar keep it this way.

Conclusion: Rockstar never tested it themselves.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

You can complete Base Invaders as explained without killing anyone, just blow up planes and fly away

Last time I tried it, I was planting stickies.  The plan was to get the Cargobob and then detonate them.  Didn't work - I got spotted and ended up having to shoot my way out, only to die in the process.

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

Op should just play lots of survival to get his survival instincts up to scratch

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

Two things make a mission difficult.

1.  Morons who think the whole game is a race, so they have to be first to the objective only to get the crap shot out of them and waste lives pointlessly.  Then you have try and rescue the mission.

2.  Enemies that respawn from nowhere (generally right behind you).  I absolutely loathe that.

• Zorvaine likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

It is what is OP. Easy is an option, not just hard. To be honest I hate playing with peeps that put it on hard just to be the first mofo to die. Do you think your badass by just doing it on hard? Then to retry only a couple times dying repeatedly, just to bitch out cuz it is in fact too difficult for you to do. Anyways, the first thing to do is up your rank, better guns will eventually make missions more achievable. Also increasing your strength is a must. You will be surprised how much more damage you can take.

My gripe isn't about a hard mission persay, but I just want to put out their that in Teaser Trailer, for whatever reason, there seems to be about half a dozen cyborgs that can eat a .50 cal sniper shot to the face like it's f*cking candy...so just heads up on that one.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

Last time I tried it, I was planting stickies.  The plan was to get the Cargobob and then detonate them.  Didn't work - I got spotted and ended up having to shoot my way out, only to die in the process.

Sticky first lazzer,  grenade launcher 2nd and third, detonate first as you pull up to Bob, fly away

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Let's check our experience so far:

- A lowlife dessert redneck hiding behind a box, then blind shooting with a machine gun and send bullets accurately to the tip of you elbow which was uncovered the object you're hiding with and eventually kill you, while you're around 1 km away from them.

-You're flying a helicopter in the middle of downtown still can get hit by a pack of smg wielding enemy shooting from a high speed, super shaky car while turning left-right and bump peds' cars and walls.

- You're driving in top speed of your super car delivering an object. Then, a couple guys of biker gang pops up thousands of meters away behind you and they can hit right at your head and your non-bulletproof tire.

The game has been on for more than 6 months and Rockstar keep it this way.

Conclusion: Rockstar never tested it themselves.

I think it's the exact opposite. Rockstar did test them and came to the same conclusion that we all have. The jobs are hard on your own, but way too easy with 3 people.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

What specific missions are we talking about?

I tried doing an absolute c*nt of a mission (the one from Lester where you blow up cop cars, riot vans, bikes etc) last night with a low level dude and couldn't get it done. Pretty much everything before that though had been fairly simple.

Use a Buzzard and that one is so easy it's ridiculous.

wimthetim
  • wimthetim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:23 PM Edited by wimthetim, 22 April 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Take cover and eat a snack to restore health as needed.

Always look for other entry points rather than the front door.

this is sound advice

also. use a sniper rifle and take out most of the bad guys from distance.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

Find cover, use an assault rifle or an lmg, and alternate targets quickly. Everyone takes one shot and falls down so they can't shoot back.

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Diddums.

Pyromythical
  • Pyromythical

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:16 PM Edited by Pyromythical, 22 April 2014 - 11:18 PM.

Find cover, use an assault rifle or an lmg, and alternate targets quickly. Everyone takes one shot and falls down so they can't shoot back.

This is sound advice.

I made it my personal goal to do every mission I could start on my own, solo.
If you know how triggers work you can manipulate the enemies to walk right into choke points.

Missions like mixed up with coke are tricky on foot, but not impossible.

Missions like extradition are incredibly easy if you grab one of the Jets and know where the limo spawns well enough to time your approach right as it spawns

Oh and I swear the traffic in rooftop rumble has been scripted to block your path
No other mission have I noticed traffic being so aggressive.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Plan ahead. Use the tools they give you. Don't just smash rocks together tryin to make sand.

Some mother's children....I just shake my head.

fvxxk
  • fvxxk

GH0$T

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

You must really f*cking suck.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

Oh and I swear the traffic in rooftop rumble has been scripted to block your path

No, it's because the enemy vans appear and start shooting and put the vehicles into panic mode.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:34 AM Edited by elfoam, 26 April 2014 - 05:46 AM.

I play GTA with a little school girl that practically cant be killed so we all just spectate and watch her own the rest of the mission when things go wrong lol. She's backup plan number one.

The traffic in rooftop ram you even when there are no SUVs anywhete near you, crazy stuff happens in rooftop.

Best advice for doing missions solo is sniper everyone from miles away OR back in with a Jester and the auto pistol/smg/grenades. Either way you are pretty much invincible. You can do base invaders on hard alone without using any gun other than the heavy sniper. You dont even need the plane, just take a chopper to the first big shed and snipe all the jets amnd soldiers the fly down infront of the bob and shoot everyone gaurding it. Then fly in and fly back out in the bob.

Actually if they let us buy a cargobob next week expect tanks and jesters to be droped into every mission.

CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

Satellite Communications can get interesting.

The traffic is fine until they hear the gunfire from the bikers shooting at you, then it's :panic: :panic:  followed quickly by, "Oh, look!  A trailer!" and they slam into you at the exact point where the trailer is hitched to the truck, often succeeding in dislodging it and failing the mission.

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

I do mission tutorials!  If you need help with any mission, PM me and I will offer my suggestions/advice.  Thanks!

Sarah Connor?

Kachii
  • Kachii

This isn't even my final form

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

No, it's because the enemy vans appear and start shooting and put the vehicles into panic mode.

That's the weirdest panic mode driving I've ever seen then.

U-turn blocking the path of me and the granger then backing up trying to deliberately hit me is scripted AI. Admit it the traffic is scripted to make you crash.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:37 AM Edited by Sky_Light12, 26 April 2014 - 07:41 AM.

You have only two lifes, npcs can shoot like a god, you die very quick and you can get f*cking wanted stars, even in missions where you have to fight gangsters and sh*t.

Some of you might say get some skills, stop whining, go play other games and whatever... but in my opinion the missions in GTAO are too hard. In 50-75% of the cases I and random people who play with me die and mission failed. Sometimes I play a mission for like 30 mins and die then, it was a waste of time and I get nothing, and that happens too often imo.

What do you think?

Stop whining like little girl , you dead very quick cause you're out of shape ! so go punch people make you hard as metal

NPC are crackshooter cause they overpowered in IV , so counterbalanced in V . they even accurater while drive by

noob stat skills + not fully experiencing GTA V like rookie = high guarantee fail any mission

it's noobs fault , and i call all of them are '' retards '' ( idiots can't even accomplished an easiest task . example : destroying cement truck is easy due truck's speed but still can't destroy it . easy way to overpower it just shot the tires or driver )

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Sonnensänger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:22 AM Edited by Preusse, 29 April 2014 - 12:26 AM.

You have only two lifes, npcs can shoot like a god, you die very quick and you can get f*cking wanted stars, even in missions where you have to fight gangsters and sh*t.

Some of you might say get some skills, stop whining, go play other games and whatever... but in my opinion the missions in GTAO are too hard. In 50-75% of the cases I and random people who play with me die and mission failed. Sometimes I play a mission for like 30 mins and die then, it was a waste of time and I get nothing, and that happens too often imo.

What do you think?

Stop whining like little girl , you dead very quick cause you're out of shape ! so go punch people make you hard as metal
NPC are crackshooter cause they overpowered in IV , so counterbalanced in V . they even accurater while drive by

noob stat skills + not fully experiencing GTA V like rookie = high guarantee fail any mission
it's noobs fault , and i call all of them are '' retards '' ( idiots can't even accomplished an easiest task . example : destroying cement truck is easy due truck's speed but still can't destroy it . easy way to overpower it just shot the tires or driver )
Man stfu. My post is more than a half year old and when I wrote it I played the game for 4 days.
  • Tabula Rasa and RowanSane like this

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

the missions arent hard even on hard difficulty  :blink:

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

What do you think?

Man stfu. My post is more than a half year old and when I wrote it I played the game for 4 days.

don't complain and face anyone think you're rookie  . NPC just easy unless at landing strip ( many retards fail this ) , the mission is completely exposed ( because there are 2 sniper and some with combat MG to prevent closing in )

Alhalish
  • Alhalish

Scholar of Shen Zhou

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

When I first played this game, I thought that the missions are impossible to complete alone... And then I found out about the glorious miracle that is known as cover fire and "wait for enemies to come after you and kill them all before delivering the package".

Still looking for the best way to finish Mixed Up with Coke without a Buzzard though, 'cause I must be the worst chopper pilot in history.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users