Photo

Missions too difficult

148 replies to this topic
Preusse
  • Preusse

König von Preußen

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:05 AM Edited by Preusse, 16 July 2014 - 02:31 PM.

They are not.
  • KainThePunisher, Kimo134 and VictinisRage like this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

They are hard to solo but I haven't had many issues with a team.. Plus they all repeat so it doesn't seem to matter really once you know what to do.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

It's annoying when you pick random "team mates" that race ahead and get killed fast. Try and find people you did a good job with and see if they want to work with you again in future, perhaps?

For yourself, use cover to your advantage. Don't stand in the open. And get body armour!

Hogwired
  • Hogwired

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

get some skills, stop whining, go play other games

• GranSnake, Liquid7, havingfunz and 2 others like this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

What specific missions are we talking about?

I tried doing an absolute c*nt of a mission (the one from Lester where you blow up cop cars, riot vans, bikes etc) last night with a low level dude and couldn't get it done. Pretty much everything before that though had been fairly simple.

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

You have only two lifes, npcs can shoot like a god, you die very quick and you can get f*cking wanted stars, even in missions where you have to fight gangsters and sh*t.

Some of you might say get some skills, stop whining, go play other games and whatever... but in my opinion the missions in GTAO are too hard. In 50-75% of the cases I and random people who play with me die and mission failed. Sometimes I play a mission for like 30 mins and die then, it was a waste of time and I get nothing, and that happens too often imo.

What do you think?

I totally agree. All the gangsters aim like 10 year battlefield experienced navy seals

• Bull12345Bull, dethbiker, Diesleman and 5 others like this

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

I tried doing an absolute c*nt of a mission (the one from Lester where you blow up cop cars, riot vans, bikes etc) last night with a low level dude and couldn't get it done. Pretty much everything before that though had been fairly simple.

Oh wow I know right?! As far as I can see the 2 times I tried that was there appears to be no way of getting to the riot van.

Lazlow 2.0
  • Lazlow 2.0

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

There's one called base invaders which I thought was ridiculously hard. Even on easy with assisted aim I found it difficulty as the AI are constantly respawning with MG's. 

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Oh wow I know right?! As far as I can see the 2 times I tried that was there appears to be no way of getting to the riot van.

Don't go to the front gates, round the back is a driveway to get in.

Other tip: place sticky bomb, get as close to the riot van as poss then blow up the cars. Also, wear a mask so you're only on 1 star when you get to the van...

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

You have only two lifes, npcs can shoot like a god, you die very quick and you can get f*cking wanted stars, even in missions where you have to fight gangsters and sh*t.

Some of you might say get some skills, stop whining, go play other games and whatever... but in my opinion the missions in GTAO are too hard. In 50-75% of the cases I and random people who play with me die and mission failed. Sometimes I play a mission for like 30 mins and die then, it was a waste of time and I get nothing, and that happens too often imo.

What do you think?

I totally agree. All the gangsters aim like 10 year battlefield experienced navy seals

What do you think?

Seriously, this. Not EVERY single enemy should have godlike accuracy. Should depend on the NPC.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Yea some missions.. you just cant complete them alone. You need a crew.. a team. Thats the whole point.

Difficult for one person but easy for 4 guys who know what they are doing.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Put it on easy then.

bingozf
  • bingozf

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

I love a good ol challage makes it more enjoyable :D

• Tabula Rasa, Spade115 and MysterBeefy like this

Preusse
  • Preusse

König von Preußen

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

I will never understand why there are people looking for challenges in games. I just wanna have fun.

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Go up the steps (or drive your car up) on the right hand side of the building (you can see them as you're driving up the road towards the building). From there you can look down onto the parking lot where the van is. Just throw a grenade at it, jump back in your car and race to the next objective.

Revelation2106
  • Revelation2106

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

I mean this in the least offensive way possible, really. The missions aren't that hard, most people are just stupid and don't use cover because for some reason they think they're some type of super hero that should be able to absorb a full clip of assault rifle rounds

It takes a while to get used to the Online stuff, just keep at it :)
  • Sum-gUy likes this

t9x69
  • t9x69

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

I will never understand why there are people looking for challenges in games. I just wanna have fun.

For some, part of the fun is the challenge. If everything is handed to you, that's not very fun. There's a reason why people LOVE games like Dark Souls and others HATE it. I love a good challenge. Sure, I get frustrated as sh*t some times but once I complete it, it feels damn good lol 

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:10 PM Edited by BurnCK, 09 October 2013 - 12:10 PM.

I mean this in the least offensive way possible, really. The missions aren't that hard, most people are just stupid and don't use cover because for some reason they think they're some type of super hero that should be able to absorb a full clip of assault rifle rounds

This. I played one with a mate last night who's only level 5. He was just in the open walking towards them shooting with his pistol lol...and then wonders why he's dead after 10 secs.

If you use cover then it's quite easy....just don't stick your head out whilst they're shooting at you...or do quick snap shots and get back in cover.

My only gripe is the crack shot NPCs that hit you whilst driving, regardless of how much you swerve to disrupt their aim.

lessthan3
  • lessthan3

Intensity In Ten Cities

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

I think they're too easy.

• Tabula Rasa likes this

gameking57
  • gameking57

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:16 PM Edited by gameking57, 09 October 2013 - 12:25 PM.

It's true that the NPCs have incredible aim, but I wouldn't say the missions are difficult at all if you have a couple friends and you cooperate properly.

TotalNo0b
  • TotalNo0b

total noob

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

I hear what you're saying man, but I personally love it. The times I struggle are with a lower level random that tags along (which I also love), we will run out of re spawns and I will have to carry the mission myself, sometimes leading to impossible situations that I can't beat alone. Communication is the key, plug your keyboard into your PS3/xbox and send them a 'text' - if you don't have a headset that is. I prefer not to use a headset with randoms, I know how annoying it can be to have another person talking at you in a weird voice. If you use just a bit of communication and planning, you should beat most missions within 1-2 retries. Also, try and get more people to join the mission. As someone said, friends and crews make this all so much easier

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:21 PM Edited by tom_p1980, 09 October 2013 - 12:25 PM.

I hate the fact that NPCs can kill you from a mile off with a crappy gun whilst driving. The amount of times I've escaped a mission, say after stealing some coke, to be chased and for them to be off in the distance to then be killed by a lone bullet while my health was low, has been unreal.

It's like playing CoD with the no scopers. The only difference is you are both travelling at speeds in excess of 50mph and weaving in and out of traffic.

One mission that did infuriate me was playing Violent Duct on my own, in game it was at night and pitch black and I couldn't see a thing. I had to turn up the brightness on both the game and my tv to actually see, since the fact you get out of your car turns the headlights off. But thats the only time I can say I struggled with a mission.

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

f*ck that mission. I tried that 6 times solo.

I create custom Points of Interest at each of the locations and everything to try and do it quicker.

I got to the Prison van on my last 2 attempts but kept getting 'time up' or running out of decent ammo and getting owned at the prison. (I rarely buy extra explosive ammo because it's too expensive in comparison to the money you earn back from the missions IMO)

I also tried twice with 2 quite low levels and failed from them dying.

Anyone else notice how it's funny you can't 'Like' or 'Dislike' that mission as well...LOL.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Thats a hard mission!

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

The missions are VERY much harder than in SP. However, I don't think you're meant to be able to pass them easily on your own.

Get a mic and talk to people. Ask for help. Some people (unlike most on this forum) are willing to help. Enter a mission, try to get the scope of the place, when you die (and you will), go up to the area in freemode and scope out the cover etc.

I passed one mission for Trevor because it was in an area I knew really well (thanks to one of T's own SP missions). I was able to sneak behind lots of stuff before achieving the goal. Even then I escaped with the narrowest of margins because of the AI's incredible ability to shoot me accurately when I'm swerving all over the place at 50mph+,

someguy666333
  • someguy666333

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Don't run around like a jackass and except not to get shot use cover its easy or rank up and get better weapons

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:24 PM Edited by FocusedPants, 09 October 2013 - 01:24 PM.

Try different things. Create a strategy. Use game mechanics to your advantage. Don't go Rambo.

Stop banging on a concrete wall hoping it to break, try to go around it.

Thank god they removed hospital bills in missions.

• GranSnake likes this

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Gangsters aren't hard to deal with. I play all my missions on hard mode with free aim.

The Military are what you need to worry about. Next time I'm in the military base, I'll have to give Merryweather a clall.

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Just got to be skillz brah, game5 hurd 4 lyf,

Lol jk, who cares, l2p.

I'm not illiterate i swear.

one_-AFRO-_three
  • one_-AFRO-_three

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

Take cover and eat a snack to restore health as needed.

Always look for other entry points rather than the front door.
  • NudasPriest likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users