Photo

So how is Farming Fair? I don't get why you "Farmers" are

196 replies to this topic
BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Ringing Martin only ever gives me 'Out of Court Settlement'...which takes 5 mins to complete and pays 9k. 

Is that classed as farming too ? Even though that's the only mission he gives me ? No...

I try and do the most profitable missions, simple. If you whiners want to play 10 varied missions that only pay $1k$-2k then that's up to you.

It's all the same sh*t anyway....is there really a difference between 'Pier Pressure' and 'Violent Duct' ? No, apart from the location of the drugs, so you may as well play the more profitable one.

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

I definitely don't disagree with 'farming'. I mean I played Pokemon red/blue as a child a LOT, that game was pretty much farming personified! I haven't done it in GTA yet and have nothing against the people that do it.

However I do feel that some people crossed a blatant line in which they knew things went from farming to exploiting, when R* took away the replay button, that was clearly them saying "you can't farm this mission", but people worked around it with the R2 button instead. Then there was that ridiculous thing where you could throw a sticky on your partners car and drive into the coke and blow it up, which somehow gave "mission passed" even though the mission was to steal it and return it to Gerald! This took the whole process down to about 15 seconds. Farming is fine but people knew fine well they were blatantly exploiting the game when they kept working around R*'s fixes...

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

I definitely don't disagree with 'farming'. I mean I played Pokemon red/blue as a child a LOT, that game was pretty much farming personified! I haven't done it in GTA yet and have nothing against the people that do it.

However I do feel that some people crossed a blatant line in which they knew things went from farming to exploiting, when R* took away the replay button, that was clearly them saying "you can't farm this mission", but people worked around it with the R2 button instead. Then there was that ridiculous thing where you could throw a sticky on your partners car and drive into the coke and blow it up, which somehow gave "mission passed" even though the mission was to steal it and return it to Gerald! This took the whole process down to about 15 seconds. Farming is fine but people knew fine well they were blatantly exploiting the game when they kept working around R*'s fixes...

The Replay button wasn't intended to be taken away, though. It is a bug.

"The replay button is meant to be selectable, even if you replay a mission 100 times."

PurePlayinSerb
  • PurePlayinSerb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

No seriously, I just don't get it.

You bitch at rockstar for nerfing the popular high payout missions like rooftop rumble, and Violent Ducks, for your "Farming" Needs...but are totally okay with basically CHEATING amongst the rest of online community.

Sure it doesn't matter if your already a rank 100, with 2 million dollars in your Maze bank account..Sure go right on ahead with your farming you farmers you! I mean, hell why not? Totally fair for the rest of us who are playing the online component fair and square!

Even if it does mean working hard, or purchasing microtransactions. What you dick weeds don't seem to understand about Farming is that you basically CHEAT the rest of the community, and that simply isn't fair!

so.. are you the guy who always shoots at me cause i have a chrome lambo that you wanna steal even though you can't cause you didn't earn it? or are you the guy who runs around killing people that are just trying to get to a mission, race, deathmatch etc.

listen farming is part of MMO's deal with it, and gtao is basically a mini MMO and i assume when it goes to next gen it will be a full blown MMO, so quit crying and conform to a new type of game you never played before or get crushed by the people who have played this kind of game before... this may be gta but it's not that stupid crap that was on gta 4 idiots running around just killing random people for the hell of it, this is a MMO now a game with depth, farming should be the least of your worries...

please poser gamers don't degenerate this great game

• SeekerScorpio likes this

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

You bitch at rockstar for nerfing the popular high payout missions like rooftop rumble, and Violent Ducks, for your "Farming" Needs...but are totally okay with basically CHEATING amongst the rest of online community.

Sure it doesn't matter if your already a rank 100, with 2 million dollars in your Maze bank account..Sure go right on ahead with your farming you farmers you! I mean, hell why not? Totally fair for the rest of us who are playing the online component fair and square!

Even if it does mean working hard, or purchasing microtransactions. What you dick weeds don't seem to understand about Farming is that you basically CHEAT the rest of the community, and that simply isn't fair!

so.. are you the guy who always shoots at me cause i have a chrome lambo that you wanna steal even though you can't cause you didn't earn it? or are you the guy who runs around killing people that are just trying to get to a mission, race, deathmatch etc.

listen farming is part of MMO's deal with it, and gtao is basically a mini MMO and i assume when it goes to next gen it will be a full blown MMO, so quit crying and conform to a new type of game you never played before or get crushed by the people who have played this kind of game before... this may be gta but it's not that stupid crap that was on gta 4 idiots running around just killing random people for the hell of it, this is a MMO now a game with depth, farming should be the least of your worries...

please poser gamers don't degenerate this great game

Low skilled players and bad players who refuse to adapt and learn are the ones who have killed gaming. They constantly destroy games and over simplify them because they are too lazy to learn and adapt.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

wanna know what makes it unfair?  The fact that R* is taking it away.  Once they do that, it will truly be an unfair advantage to those of us that did.  Someone else pointed out that the mission reward to level ratio was terribly off in this game.

Ok so let's take away all your farming proceeds >: ) (tis joke)

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

wanna know what makes it unfair?  The fact that R* is taking it away.  Once they do that, it will truly be an unfair advantage to those of us that did.  Someone else pointed out that the mission reward to level ratio was terribly off in this game.

Ok so let's take away all your farming exploited proceeds >: ) (tis joke)

Edited, again farming and exploiting Rooftop Rumble isn't/wasn't the same thing.  Soon though, when you start needing lots of money quickly, you'll find that the search term "farm money/RP" will help you immensely.  But only if you have high end goals, like tanks and Super sports cars.

BlueJosh
  • BlueJosh

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Not everyone wants or has time to rob stores for weeks when they could farm and get something in a fraction of the time, i personally do it because i just like to mess around in free roam with friends.

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

Life isn't fair.

Farming missions doesn't cheat anybody else out of anything.  At all.  If you really believe it does, I'd love to see some examples of how my "farming" robs you of a fulfilling gameplay experience.

People need to get it through their heads: everybody has different ways of having fun.  You don't need to understand it.  Even better, you don't need to care.  Play the game your way and have fun and we'll play the game our way and have fun.

THIS^^ and If you don't agree, then you're an idiot.

DopeSack
  • DopeSack

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by DopeSack, 12 October 2013 - 01:50 AM.

you have what he wants and i guess hes mad you took YOUR time to replay specific jobs to efficiently make money...jealousy is a ugly thing 

i guess its ok tho for him and everybody to continuosly replay races and deathmatches but those evil bastards who replay jobs from npcs are EXPLOITING makes absolutely no sense 

i love rockstars 500k gift how its gonna be given in 2 installments to not totally destabilize the economy i laughed my ass off when i read the last part i was like WTF ECONOMY you talking about there is no tradeskills there is no ah there is basically no trading whatsoever there is us and the npc we buy sh*t from wtf economy are you gonna destabilize.

i really hope that was sarcasm on there part because it makes me wonder if they actually know wtf they are talking about and doing if not why havent they hired someone who does 

TuXedo_Man
  • TuXedo_Man

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

It's a choice.You can farm or you don't have to.Everybody should be able to choose how they want to play the game.

To me i find micro-transactions to be bullsh*t.I paid 60 dollars.Micro transactions are means for companies to get money when they release F2P game.Not a full blown retail priced game

Casp3r421
  • Casp3r421

Liberty City OG

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Guys just farm some sticky greenery instead of fake paper greenery and calm down

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

It's not a matter of fair and not fair, it's a matter of how Rockstar wants you to play THEIR game. They clearly don't want people replaying missions for large sums of money and they will be patching it whether all the cry babies like it or not.

Do you need help taking Rockstar's nuts out of your mouth?

It's just the truth, take your anger out on someone else.

How about I take it out where it belongs, like on Rockstar?

-10/5, shouldn't attempt to troll ever again

I wasn't trolling you inbred retard

CurtisC87
  • CurtisC87

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

How else are you suppose to eran money in the game? They are farming or a reason.

DEFENS14
  • DEFENS14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

It's Rockstars fault people are farming, they released the game with the bugs...People are just taking 'Advantage' of the holes in the game. Bad luck if you missed out. It's good though R* are ironing out all this. OBVIOUSLY is wasn't suppose to be included so they are patching it up to make "everyone" eventually grind it out. 

Chicago Bearhawks
  • Chicago Bearhawks

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

How the hell is grinding cheating? Replaying missions/levels/bosses/etc to earn money/XP/whatever in video games has been pretty much the main way to play them for decades.

Because it's been patched twice to stop you doing it. So yes. Cheating.

So if I was playing Gears of War and they nerfed the damage on a gun slightly, does that mean that me using it before was cheating? Haha, what a moron.

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

R* are teaching you a valuable lesson... for approximately 7 billion people the following will always be true.

There will always be someone faster than you

There will always be someone cleverer than you

There will always be someone more dedicated than you

There will always be someone with more time than you

There will always be someone richer than you

There will always be someone stronger than you

plus the inverse of all the above.

it's life get over it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users