Photo

So how is Farming Fair? I don't get why you "Farmers" are

196 replies to this topic
Romel3
  • Romel3

BEAST COAST 2013

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

OP sits here crying while farmers are making more money than him looool!

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:03 AM Edited by MLO_III, 11 October 2013 - 03:03 AM.

I grinded my ass off just to get to 40. Couldn't even get the apartment till level 60. In my opinion, that's too much of a grind. Some of the higher level jobs take about 20 minutes and only have a 10-20 thousand dollar payout. How are you supposed to get to a million especially since heists aren't in yet and even when they put them in, the payout probably wont be millions. The adder is a million along with the other sports cars close to that which doesn't include customization. Easily another 400 thousand. Weapons and ammo. So when I got introduced to the violent duct mission, it was a no brainer. I played 2 days of playing time till i finally got introduced to it. Played a couple hours then found out about rooftop rumble. played that as much as possible before the patch. I won in my opinion. Instead of having to pay 20 dollars for a million in game cash, I ended up with 14 million after I exploited rockstars mistakes and I don't regret it. By the way, that 14 million only got me 10 of the best cars maxed out in the game, all the weapons, an apartment, and a buzzard. I have a million and a half left. Planes cost a sh*t ton and boats cost a sh*t ton. Do the math on how many days that would of taken me or how much real money I would of had to spend. It's f*cking ridiculous.

Ya, I feel bad for the people who stuck there noses up at it.  I did rooftop till about 90, but then I thought I must be redflagging myself so I stopped.  Spread my belief on the forum, got flamed by the kiddies for a lil while, but then someone posted a legit R* posting saying they currently had no plans to reset any of the characters.  So, knowing that another patch was coming, I Rumbled to 120.  Spread the love around the community opening lobbys for people who wanted the leg up, though.  

Hortey
  • Hortey

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Hahahaha

I can't believe people are talking about what's FAIR in a game about BEING A CRIMINAL!  The "farmers" are the only ones playing the game correctly.

BustaStraightBusta
  • BustaStraightBusta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

I think it's each to their own regarding farming money. I personally don't do it, but that's only because I prefer to earn money through doing different missions, so I don't get bored replaying through the same objectives over and over again.
If people want to farm money, let them! They are still putting in the same amount effort, replaying a mission 10 times, as someone else who plays 10 different missions.
Money isn't the be all and end all of the game anyway. You could have millions in the bank, and you still won't be able to get that new engine upgrade for your car because you're not a high enough level.

Yeah but if you saw how Rooftop Rumble worked you'd know that level 100 took only hours to get to.  Mission was broken, instead of delivering the papers as intended you could blow up the documents and still pass.  I heard you could do the same for Violent Duct, but when I destroyed the coke once I got a mission failed.

Yeah, I didn't get to the point where I could play that mission. Hadn't heard of it until people on here were creating threads about hosting it.

I understand why some people are complaining about players replaying missions over and over to get to a high level, with lots of money. But I suppose it's natural that some people would choose to use a shortcut to get to where they want to be if it was possible and there were no repercussions of doing so.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

Hahahaha

I can't believe people are talking about what's FAIR in a game about BEING A CRIMINAL!  The "farmers" are the only ones playing the game correctly.

Lol excellent point

FloatinWalrus
  • FloatinWalrus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

So people that train over and over again everyday are stronger then people who casually workout with friends because they cheat?

Nothing is against the rules, farmers are just putting stress on the parts of the game that actually advance you.  While your driving around with your thumb up your ass wondering why you cant kill anyone with your SMG

Phaggot
  • Phaggot

Angry

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

You dumb fa**ot, if its raining on the field for one team its raining for the other team too. You are free to farm. For the record I don't farm, but would like the option if I want to as opposed to buying cash cards.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

#1 Emblem Editor Hater 2014

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

No seriously, I just don't get it.

You bitch at rockstar for nerfing the popular high payout missions like rooftop rumble, and Violent Ducks, for your "Farming" Needs...but are totally okay with basically CHEATING amongst the rest of online community.

Sure it doesn't matter if your already a rank 100, with 2 million dollars in your Maze bank account..Sure go right on ahead with your farming you farmers you! I mean, hell why not? Totally fair for the rest of us who are playing the online component fair and square!

Even if it does mean working hard, or purchasing microtransactions. What you dick weeds don't seem to understand about Farming is that you basically CHEAT the rest of the community, and that simply isn't fair!

image.w174h200f3.jpg

VIOLENT DUCKS

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:39 AM Edited by DymeDef, 11 October 2013 - 03:44 AM.

Hey dyme, couldn't access the articles.  I fail to see how me taking advantage of a broken mission (Rooftop Rumble) isn't exploiting the game.

Also, the replay feature was an overlooked bug R* put out.  Again, just saying that "well it was there for me to use" is like saying just cause you can you should. Its not the same when what you're doing is taking advantage of a broken feature.

I've already pointed out, there are no co-ops on the continue screen.  The replay button was likely never meant for co-ops.

edit: in italics

The rooftop rumble mission can be exploited by destroying the mission item (found this out a few hours ago). That one is an exploit, you are correct. The replay feature has been slowly working its way out, as rockstar has been working to remove it. We didn't even try to replay today nor did I even ask my friends if they patched it out completely outside of failed missions. But, as you said we don't know if it was or wasn't meant for co-op or if they just didn't expect people to spend 20 hours on the same mission. I am thinking the latter.

I never said that replaying was some kind of good karma choice. All I said is if it wasn't meant to be there, they would take it out. I agree it shouldn't be used as often as it is, me and my friends only replay a mission once or twice if its really good. But at the same time I don't see anything wrong with people using this option Rockstar had available. There is nothing in the game saying that you shouldn't do this, like a loading screen tip, or a message before logging in saying they know its there and they are fixing it. IF it was truly something they thought would break the game they would have taken action instantly, maybe not an instant patch but they would make a statement and do what they did for the character loss prevention loading screen for it. I have seen nothing in game, and haven't even bothered with checking their news feed, but I doubt they made a statement that what players are doing is breaking the game as they would also say they are getting banned or server wipes.

In a game that offers so much freedom, players are going to do what they want. A lot of players just want to get to the highest levels because to them, that is an accomplishment in itself. Others just want to play, and some want a mixture of ranking up at a fast rate with the "pros" and enjoying it the whole way. And honestly can you blame them?

And about the links, if you look up Silrin play to win on google it will be the first link. The article is actually a really good read, and I recommend every gamer read it even if they don't particularly agree with its philosophies it can at least allow you to understand why players play that way. Not everyone agrees with it and he even says he doesn't completely go by the code.

The only thing is, the article often rubs the people who oppose his ideas the wrong way because he calls them scrubs. Not because they are bad, or anything relating to their skill. Only because they limit themselves by creating invisible rules that only hamper your own gameplay. And he explains the difference between cheating, exploiting and all the dirty sh*t form "playing to win" or getting the most out of the game. Like I said, a lot of the article won't apply to this instance but the cheating and what should be banned sections would fit really well.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

As of right now for me Out of Court Settlement is the fastest legit way to make money. You just park right in front of the lawyer, shoot him in the face, grab the evidence, and run. Sticky bombs cost more than ammo

It takes a little longer than Violent Duct, and you have to exit and call Martin up again, but you still get 9k every time.

Can't wait until people on here start saying that this is an exploit too, and Rockstar reduces the reward or makes the "request job" option unavailable until the person has at least 2 or more jobs to offer.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:44 AM Edited by MLO_III, 11 October 2013 - 03:47 AM.

Oh yeah, I never thought that it was a bad thing for people to farm a mission, I mean hell that's what I was doing with my time on GTA just so I would never have to buy a cash card.

One thing I don't understand though, someone posted a link to a rockstar support answer stating "They patched the broken replay function..." However before the patch I didn't have any trouble replaying missions with RT or the Replay option on the continue menu.  This is what led me to believe they didn't intend for it to be used on co-ops.

edit: thanks for not being dooshy Dyme

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

As of right now for me Out of Court Settlement is the fastest legit way to make money. You just park right in front of the lawyer, shoot him in the face, grab the evidence, and run. Sticky bombs cost more than ammo

It takes a little longer than Violent Duct, and you have to exit and call Martin up again, but you still get 9k every time.

Can't wait until people on here start saying that this is an exploit too, and Rockstar reduces the reward or makes the "request job" option unavailable until the person has at least 2 or more jobs to offer.

Sounds like you actually completed the mission the way it was intended, though.

rexmaverik
  • rexmaverik

Career Gamer/NO BS

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

I personally don't "FARM". Me and my Crew we just spam races and bet on each other. Unlock parts get $$$ and improve STATS. PPL wanna farm...Go Ahead, either you're gonna get bored or get RICH. Who cares.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

Sounds like you actually completed the mission the way it was intended, though.

Yep and "farming" does not mean cheating or exploiting, it just means doing your best to maximise income continually.

I farmed VD to begin with, not all the time, but for top ups. Still played the mission properly, no tricks, me and my team practiced it and learned the best techniques, we earned the RP and the cash just as much as people doing random missions.

What is different was that we were not waiting in lobbies, sitting in freeroam waiting for invites, or waiting for load screens. That was the only difference. There was no cheating, we just weren't sitting there pointlessly waiting. 

Each person here, like it or not, will end up replaying the same missions 10+ times anyway to progress through - it'll just take longer because they're not being time efficient. Some people like that slower pace, others find it painfully slow, especially when you barely have time for a couple of hours in the evenings and a car horn costs $25K.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

So people that train over and over again everyday are stronger then people who casually workout with friends because they cheat?

Nothing is against the rules, farmers are just putting stress on the parts of the game that actually advance you.  While your driving around with your thumb up your ass wondering why you cant kill anyone with your SMG

Who said anything about cheating.

This thread was about farming - as in picking a profitable job and repeating it. You will be repeating the same missions probably 10x or more before you progress anyway - some people just chose to do that all at once and avoid all the waiting periods in between (the horror).

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

f*ck the community, f*ck everyone, every white dot I'm going to kill you little bitches.

Chase3411
  • Chase3411

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

It's not cheating anyone could have done it you dumbass

Chase3411
  • Chase3411

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

All this community is is a bunch of people bitching.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

#1 Emblem Editor Hater 2014

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

f*ck the community, f*ck everyone, every white dot I'm going to kill you little bitches.

See you in freem-oh right yeah I only play closed sessions to avoid idiots like you.

Dlee13
  • Dlee13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

The people who argue that RockStar put the ability to reply the game in there so it's ok are so stupid and pathetic. It's like saying they put in the ability to lose your character or money, it's a glitch and that's why RockStar has patched it to stop people!

For all the ignorant kids on here who love to whine, why did rockstar patch the replay glitch if it's meant to be in the game? Because it is CHEATING so I will laugh so much when there is no way for the mindless little kids to cheat and they have to play properly!

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

The people who argue that RockStar put the ability to reply the game in there so it's ok are so stupid and pathetic. It's like saying they put in the ability to lose your character or money, it's a glitch and that's why RockStar has patched it to stop people!

For all the ignorant kids on here who love to whine, why did rockstar patch the replay glitch if it's meant to be in the game? Because it is CHEATING so I will laugh so much when there is no way for the mindless little kids to cheat and they have to play properly!

No they knew people would replay missions. They didn't expect them to spend 30+ hours on the same mission. There is a difference from playing a mission a few times and playing a mission for two days straight.

But as we can all see you are quite enraged. Continue please.

SprayNpray
  • SprayNpray

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

whoever made the mission "rooftop rumble" was a stupid baboon. paying 25k for a mission that could be easily beaten in 1 minute, that's something they didn't account for. i played for 1 hour, and made 1.5 million. after that i was too bored and didn't care, that's more than enough money for me.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:43 AM Edited by Nah Tso Gud, 11 October 2013 - 06:44 AM.

Excuse me?

Straight from R* :

The replay button is supposed to be available in between jobs; however, this is currently not working correctly because of a bug. The replay button is meant to be selectable, even if you replay a mission 100 times. We're working to correct this, and have made progress on patch 1.03.

This is referring to the "Next Job Vote" screen in between jobs in the lobby.

http://support.rocks...-not-against-Micro-Transactions-but-

even if you replay a mission 100 times..

even if you replay a mission 100 times.

even if you replay a mission 100 times.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

Currently not working correctly.

Extorting
  • Extorting

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

By us farming does not effect you! So STFU and eat a d*ck!...

It actually does for the people who dont have to play easy mode because they are actually good at games. Imagine this. All the people ranking up really fast are going to have everything unlocked faster than people who dont. This will make it to where all the legit players will have to stay in private servers because all the trolling kids who ranked up fast by replay spamming and race win trading will be bored and running around with all weapons unlocked, attack choppers, tanks and so on will be senselessly killing everyone and each other. How exactly does that not effect everyone who doesn't pick the easy route. 

ikillionaire ii
  • ikillionaire ii

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

No seriously, I just don't get it.

You bitch at rockstar for nerfing the popular high payout missions like rooftop rumble, and Violent Ducks, for your "Farming" Needs...but are totally okay with basically CHEATING amongst the rest of online community.

Sure it doesn't matter if your already a rank 100, with 2 million dollars in your Maze bank account..Sure go right on ahead with your farming you farmers you! I mean, hell why not? Totally fair for the rest of us who are playing the online component fair and square!

Even if it does mean working hard, or purchasing microtransactions. What you dick weeds don't seem to understand about Farming is that you basically CHEAT the rest of the community, and that simply isn't fair!

Now that sounds like it'd be a fun mission

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:37 AM Edited by voad1, 11 October 2013 - 09:37 AM.

I personally don't "FARM". Me and my Crew we just spam races and bet on each other. Unlock parts get $$$ and improve STATS. PPL wanna farm...Go Ahead, either you're gonna get bored or get RICH. Who cares.

That is also farming or grinding. You're doing the same basic thing. Just less efficiently.

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

By us farming does not effect you! So STFU and eat a d*ck!...

It actually does for the people who dont have to play easy mode because they are actually good at games. Imagine this. All the people ranking up really fast are going to have everything unlocked faster than people who dont. This will make it to where all the legit players will have to stay in private servers because all the trolling kids who ranked up fast by replay spamming and race win trading will be bored and running around with all weapons unlocked, attack choppers, tanks and so on will be senselessly killing everyone and each other. How exactly does that not effect everyone who doesn't pick the easy route. 

By this same logic anyone who purchases R* bucks/cash cards is at the same advantage.... Only they can instantly get the money and buy those OP vehicles.

daver6
  • daver6

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

I gained 3.5 million last night doing the bike selling glitch, i now have a nice house and a garage full of cars. :)

GlaciusTS
  • GlaciusTS

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Farming is in pretty much every game. It's less fun, more rewarding, and anyone can do it. There's nothing unfair about temporarily postponing your fun so you can get to the funniest parts faster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users