» «
Photo

So how is Farming Fair? I don't get why you "Farmers" are

196 replies to this topic
MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:49 AM Edited by MLO_III, 10 October 2013 - 08:50 AM.

Maybe those complaining should get off the forums, get in the game and actually make some money for themselves. Instead of bitching about something that has absolutely no affect on them !

But those exploits did have an effect on people.  Replayability, gone for everyone (atm).  Imbalanced lobby issues (at least on 360, I am constantly thrown into rooms with level 30s and below), pretty much giving me way too much free roam superiority.  Sure one or two guys are better than me, but what about the other 15?

While I can be sure you're not trolling with your high level, there are others who exploited for the sole purpose of trolling/griefing.  That is most definitely having an effect on others.  "Just leave the lobby" you say? It breaks the game by taking advantage of exploits, that's why its frowned upon.

SprayNpray
  • SprayNpray

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:58 AM Edited by SprayNpray, 10 October 2013 - 09:00 AM.

i can see where you're coming from, and i would actually agree with you, but the payouts from missions are absolutely garbage. i understand at low levels you get scraps as rewards, but even in the level 50's you only get like 10k rewards for missions... i get that rockstar wants you to play the game for months to get a million that way, but the game isn't original enough in it's missions to keep me hooked for that long to play every day for months. it's either kill these people, or chase down this car. i love GTA, one of my favourite games, but it can't be a long-lasting MMO without a main plot or an intriguing story line, it just tries to rely on pure gameplay to keep us entertained, which is great, but not enough for long term. i mean, my character doesn't even talk.

plus, since you can just buy 1 million gta dollars, can you really get mad at grinders? rockstar let you still gain money from replaying  missions anyhow, they just messed up when they made a few of them incredibly easy with a half decent payout, so people took advantage of it.

Jagblade
  • Jagblade

Counterfeiter

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

Farming =/= Exploiting.

Exploiting often involves farming.

Now, those folks who are going through rooftop rumble in 20 seconds? THAT sound like exploiting.

As for me an my friend, we spent 3-5 minutes a run on the old Violent Ducts killing every enemy there was manually. We worked for our 100k (9k a run) or so an hour. That is true farming. You work your ass off for what you get.

As in any MMO (and this game is attempting to be one a lite one) the only way to progress is to farm. No one just does random missions to stockpile their currency and goods, they go out to whatever pays the best / drops the best and start working at it until they can't take it anymore. It's been that way for years. People are only whining about it because for most console players this is the closest thing to an MMO they've ever played.

Blazin510
  • Blazin510

tired of crybabies

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

After all these pointless crying threads about "farmers" being unfair and them acting like they're "king sh*t" I actually still haven't seen ONE person brag about farming on the forums! Yet these pointless thread keep popping up...seriously play the way you want to play stop acting like people give a sh*t

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by DymeDef, 10 October 2013 - 03:06 PM.

The whole nature of MMO progression has to be farming - no company can come up with enough new, original content perpetually to enable you top play without repeating everything at least once. I like to repeat the missions that are fun and ignore those that bore me - so what!

It is well known that the hatred some have for 'farmers' in MMOs is a euphemism for jealousy of said farmers bank balance, gear score, w/e.

It will never change.

I have said it elsewhere, what we are playing atm is a beta. R* are tuning, not nerfing, they have to get the right balance between rewards vs incentive to shell out real cash for fake GTA$. They really did need an economist and expert in Micro$ on the dev team but it seems that was an afterthought doh!!

Really, at this point R* should stop 'chasing the dials' and monitor things then make appropriate changes once they have nailed it. ATM no one knows where they are and worse, ppl don't even really KNOW if they are actually exploiting or not :(

ps. Farming <> Exploiting. The former is maximising effort/return and the latter is cheating.

Well said.

I agree, but I am not sure they should have thought about getting an economist on their team. EVE Online has an economist who every day can get an accurate estimate on the in game currency to real money value. Ships in that game worth over 9000 USD (I am not kidding btw, the 9000 just happens ot also be a pun but here it is the real value. There was an article about the guy who lost it, due to a player in his clan that backstabbed him). The economist is constantly monitoring the economy and how EVE's economy evolves and changes daily.

In GTAO we do not have an economy like that, we have a players buy sh*t from NPCs economy, not a completely player driven economy like EVE (In EVE you can not but like literally anything from an NPC only players). I think they should have though more about the return on investment though, there are mission that are quite difficult and pay sh*t (escaping 3 stars with a god damn oil tanker lol for like 3k I think it was) and then you have missions that require you to steal two cars, drive away from the cops and make 5k, or missions that you kill 13 people at a drug deal and you get 9k (now 3k, appropriate for its "investment" imo). These are all low level missions, and because when you start getting higher up you will be getting 3.5k RP and 16k GTA$ missions on the norm. But getting there is tough without replaying missions every once and a while (I usually replay the good ones once or twice, even if the pay is sh*t. If it is fun I will enjoy it again.), so the early game players feel like they just wont ever earn anything. They need to balance the reward for what you have to do for the mission and also give low level missions good payouts every once and a while. They shouldn't be rolling in cash at sub 20, but they should feel like they have been getting something done. ATM it is pretty tough to feel good about your day from level 1-20 because you still have weak ass guns, you keep getting the same weak ass missions (I find some of those low level missions fun, but they began to get really lame after I played some higher level ones) and it seems like you are never going to even get to your first assault rifle (and of course you think it will solve all your problems, which it kind of does but not really). 

Luckily for me and my friend when I rolled back 13 levels and he lost his character we still had friends high enough to run the good missions to make the lower levels seem like nothing more than just playing the game. There needs to be a bit more reward for the missions early on, because a lot of them do not reward you for the sh*t you wade through and with hardly anything to get you out of the sh*t.

More reward for our investment into the missions for early game (1-25ish, at 25 you start getting the really good stuff though and after that you hardly notice your pockets being low if you keep doing missions regularly) because the players doing them don't have much to look forward to when they know the next mission is going to take a decent amount of time and only pay them maybe a bit more than a grand because they died once. Plus low leveled players seem to get picked on by the higher levels lately and that costs the low level player way more money than the higher level guy who's taking a 2k hit every death from his 50k+ at all times stack.

Oh and true about farming, it has always been like that. The players who are too lazy and/or jealous of those with good stuff just shift blame and point fingers. This is with all things, ever play any PvP game and hear some guy going 3-15 blaming his team for never getting his back, that the enemy is hacking, or they are using some exploit spot, etc., etc.? Yeah, that is just how the human brain becomes OK with failure or underachieving. Instead of owning up and taking responsibility for their mistakes, they blame others for their shortcomings.

i can see where you're coming from, and i would actually agree with you, but the payouts from missions are absolutely garbage. i understand at low levels you get scraps as rewards, but even in the level 50's you only get like 10k rewards for missions...

There is no way because at level 25 I was getting a mission rewarding 10k, at level 45 my friend is getting a mission from Martin constantly that rewards 16k, and he has invited us to others that all pay out 10k or more, and more often than not its more.

That is a large sum of cash man, a f*cking lot. More than most things in this game cost outside of cars and housing. You said it yourself in your post, you know Rockstar wants you to play the game for a long time so if you are getting 25k payouts constantly at 50, imagine what you will be getting at 100+ in a couple of weeks. You will be sitting on so much cash that you won't know what to buy and will be joining random rooms sending cash to everyone for "sh*ts and giggles".

• SprayNpray likes this

antidrip
  • antidrip

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Go hard or go home and cry. I am sure glad I have a tank, buzzard and annihilator and everyone else doesn't . It's fun for me. And the best part is you noobs complained about replaying missions so you can NEVER catch up.
That part is too delicious for words. How long till you reach level 100 or make 10 million ... Years ?

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Go hard or go home and cry. I am sure glad I have a tank, buzzard and annihilator and everyone else doesn't . It's fun for me. And the best part is you noobs complained about replaying missions so you can NEVER catch up.
That part is too delicious for words. How long till you reach level 100 or make 10 million ... Years ?

e-thug.jpg

IIluminati
  • IIluminati

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

So dropping $100 on Cash Cards to get "Easy Money" is okay?

/FAIL THREAD

MattLewis666
  • MattLewis666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

@GlaciusTS
Awesome...just awesome.

Hadria
  • Hadria

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

All I hear from everyone that did take advantage of this over looked feature..."Well the bank left the money on the counter so of course I'm going to take it. They wouldn't of left it there if it wasn't for me to take"

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw

This entire series of articles is extremely relevant even though a lot of them are not directly relevant. Too many "scrubs" thinking that doing what was given to players by the developers is exploiting. If you want to read the really relevant parts go to the cheating and what should be banned parts. That will touch on this and should clear the air on this so called "exploiting" that everyone claims.

If they don't want us to replay they will take it out (like they already began to do). Until then, it is something they leave for us to choose to use it or not.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

/FAIL THREAD

Thats the Irony isnt it? they got they're panties in a bunch because people put in a effort to farm these millions, when they could just as easily have bought them with no effort later on.

mcmikezr1
  • mcmikezr1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

you naturally spend your time doing what is most profitable. y take a 7dollar an hr job when you can take a 100 dollar an out job. maximize your time

Ankah
  • Ankah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

how is grinding cheating ? grinding is doing something over and over for experience or reward. nothing cheating about that.

are you saying that people studying for a final cheating ? people practicing laps around a racecourse cheating ? a doctor practicing on a cadaver cheating ?

Ankah
  • Ankah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

or they are upset that people are getting the same advantage they are when they plunk down hundreds of $ of real money and the other person doesn't have to

/FAIL THREAD

Thats the Irony isnt it? they got they're panties in a bunch because people put in a effort to farm these millions, when they could just as easily have bought them with no effort later on.

black and yellow
  • black and yellow

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

don't hate the player. hate the game.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

You mention doing the "same old sh*t repeatedly", well what the f*ck do you think the whole ordeal is?

Race?  Rinse repeat.

Your mission providers give you the same sh*t over and over when you call them.

It's the same old stores to rob.

The same old Gruppe armor cars.

MMO's are built on farming.  Grinding.  They label online as an MMO.  But i guess people would rather pay to win instead of put in the time and effort to get the goods.

Geez, you guys act as though we simply entered a 6 key code and bam, millions, we still had to play the missions to get the money.  and the rep.

• shutdown30 likes this

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

All I hear from everyone that did take advantage of this over looked feature..."Well the bank left the money on the counter so of course I'm going to take it. They wouldn't of left it there if it wasn't for me to take"

lol

No.

You're talking about breaking the f*cking law.  Replaying a mission isn't breaking any laws.

Nice try though.

CmdrKnifes
  • CmdrKnifes

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

No seriously, I just don't get it.

You bitch at rockstar for nerfing the popular high payout missions like rooftop rumble, and Violent Ducks, for your "Farming" Needs...but are totally okay with basically CHEATING amongst the rest of online community.

Sure it doesn't matter if your already a rank 100, with 2 million dollars in your Maze bank account..Sure go right on ahead with your farming you farmers you! I mean, hell why not? Totally fair for the rest of us who are playing the online component fair and square!

Even if it does mean working hard, or purchasing microtransactions. What you dick weeds don't seem to understand about Farming is that you basically CHEAT the rest of the community, and that simply isn't fair!

:miranda: beat you with stick.. lets call the waahbalance

Hadria
  • Hadria

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

lol

No.

You're talking about breaking the f*cking law.  Replaying a mission isn't breaking any laws.

Nice try though.

its the same concept

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:04 AM Edited by DymeDef, 11 October 2013 - 01:11 AM.

lol

No.

Nice try though.

its the same concept

Not even close. Does the bank have a sign that says "if we leave money on the counter it is yours"? No it doesn't, at all.

Did Rockstar include a feature to REPLAY missions? Yes, yes they did.

You sir, are the definition of mentally handicapped.

AKA, this guy Hadria bought cash, and because we can make just as much through working he is going to make it his mission to label those who use mechanics given to use by the developers as cheaters and exploiters. Funny, I bet you play with assisted aim and blame your team when you die, call hacks on anyone who kills you, or blames someones rank because they sh*t all over you.

lol, people just can not come to grips with the fact that they are just stupid.

or they are upset that people are getting the same advantage they are when they plunk down hundreds of $ of real money and the other person doesn't have to

/FAIL THREAD

Sounds like our friend Hadria. I have seen this in many many many games (I game on PC and cash shops are a big part of online gaming on PC right now). Any time someone spent money on something and others could obtain it for free through a lot of work, they were the first to complain about it not being fair they spent money on it.

The whole point of microtransactions for MOST games is to choose between a nice long grind and a feeling of achievement or an up front payment of real cash to skip all that and get to use it now. But the funny part is these kids with mommies credit cards just cry when they are no longer special, I guess we only have their parents to blame eh?

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:15 AM Edited by DymeDef, 11 October 2013 - 01:18 AM.

You guys want to see what exploiting is?

http://gtaforums.com...ait-in-between/

THAT is exploiting, farming is not. 

Bads will always be bad though. These players claiming farming is exploiting are the type of players that set invisible rules for games and if you break their invisible rules you are a scrub or a sh*tty player because you have to use something they do not agree with to win (90% of the time it wouldn't matter because these kind of players are just sh*tty almost every time). Again, I recommend you guys read that Sirlin link on playing to win I linked. A lot of it is not really relevant to this, but the cheating and what should be banned sections are perfect for this. 

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw

There is the link again to the table of contents. It is a great read and opens your eyes to gaming. 

BTW I hardly ever farm and me and my crew are up in the 30-50 range with myself only at 25 because of a roll back and I work 11 hours a day every weekday. But the rest of my crew has been running missions, replaying them once or twice if they were fun and continuing. You don't need to farm, but if you're just bad I guess it would seem that way.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

Saying farming is illegal is like saying "playing this game more than 3 hours a day is illegal, unfair advantage!

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:19 AM Edited by DymeDef, 11 October 2013 - 01:23 AM.

Saying farming is illegal is like saying "playing this game more than 3 hours a day is illegal, unfair advantage!

sh*tty players will always look for ANYTHING to blame on their shortcomings and what they choose not to do. And I actually have seen that argument, where players complained that players who had more free time had an unfair advantage over those who don't. Lol, like I said man, bad players need to shift their blame so they can feel better about what happened. A good player will sit back, take a second to rethink what they did, reassess the situation and think about what they could have done differently to alter the outcome in their favor. Apparently this is an unfair advantage too xD

Oh and so is having a good internet connection, or having a PC that is better than the average players (for PC gaming of course, consoles don't get this complaint as every console is the same), having better reflexes and map knowledge, etc. I can go on for days from what I have read and heard from gamers just so their ego is still in tact. Sometimes you gotta get your ass beat to learn how to beat someones ass.

CTbeatz
  • CTbeatz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

Dude stfu at least i still played the game toearn my millions. While your just going to take daddy's credit card and pay for yours

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:45 AM Edited by MLO_III, 11 October 2013 - 02:05 AM.

Hey dyme, couldn't access the articles.  I fail to see how me taking advantage of a broken mission (Rooftop Rumble) isn't exploiting the game.

Also, the replay feature was an overlooked bug R* put out.  Again, just saying that "well it was there for me to use" is like saying just cause you can you should. Its not the same when what you're doing is taking advantage of a broken feature.

I've already pointed out, there are no co-ops on the continue screen.  The replay button was likely never meant for co-ops.

edit: in italics

• Dlee13 likes this

BustaStraightBusta
  • BustaStraightBusta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

I think it's each to their own regarding farming money. I personally don't do it, but that's only because I prefer to earn money through doing different missions, so I don't get bored replaying through the same objectives over and over again.

If people want to farm money, let them! They are still putting in the same amount effort, replaying a mission 10 times, as someone else who plays 10 different missions.

Money isn't the be all and end all of the game anyway. You could have millions in the bank, and you still won't be able to get that new engine upgrade for your car because you're not a high enough level.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

I think it's each to their own regarding farming money. I personally don't do it, but that's only because I prefer to earn money through doing different missions, so I don't get bored replaying through the same objectives over and over again.

If people want to farm money, let them! They are still putting in the same amount effort, replaying a mission 10 times, as someone else who plays 10 different missions.

Money isn't the be all and end all of the game anyway. You could have millions in the bank, and you still won't be able to get that new engine upgrade for your car because you're not a high enough level.

Yeah but if you saw how Rooftop Rumble worked you'd know that level 100 took only hours to get to.  Mission was broken, instead of delivering the papers as intended you could blow up the documents and still pass.  I heard you could do the same for Violent Duct, but when I destroyed the coke once I got a mission failed.

• Dlee13 likes this

Cippy91
  • Cippy91

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

I grinded my ass off just to get to 40. Couldn't even get the apartment till level 60. In my opinion, that's too much of a grind. Some of the higher level jobs take about 20 minutes and only have a 10-20 thousand dollar payout. How are you supposed to get to a million especially since heists aren't in yet and even when they put them in, the payout probably wont be millions. The adder is a million along with the other sports cars close to that which doesn't include customization. Easily another 400 thousand. Weapons and ammo. So when I got introduced to the violent duct mission, it was a no brainer. I played 2 days of playing time till i finally got introduced to it. Played a couple hours then found out about rooftop rumble. played that as much as possible before the patch. I won in my opinion. Instead of having to pay 20 dollars for a million in game cash, I ended up with 14 million after I exploited rockstars mistakes and I don't regret it. By the way, that 14 million only got me 10 of the best cars maxed out in the game, all the weapons, an apartment, and a buzzard. I have a million and a half left. Planes cost a sh*t ton and boats cost a sh*t ton. Do the math on how many days that would of taken me or how much real money I would of had to spend. It's f*cking ridiculous.

JetFury
  • JetFury

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by JetFury, 11 October 2013 - 02:57 AM.

Its not cheating but its not very honorable. Doesnt look fun either a dude said he was grinding for 15 hours. Itll just be harder for them to find people on matchmaking so no worry to me. I can still kill high rankers so im good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users