Photo

So how is Farming Fair? I don't get why you "Farmers" are

196 replies to this topic
Dodger27
  • Dodger27

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Guys the only reason I want to do the mission again, is Iam not very good at dodging Bullets and i just want to be there with my other 2 members at the finish, ok it nice to have a couple of £9.000 dr's but truly thats all I want.. take last night i jumped into the attack choppers and ran for home leaving my 1 gang member to fight off 3 choppers I could not learn the lock-on missiles quick enough as i am an old Duffer. (60)yr when we both landed, got our dosk he said do it again, I said Na lets move on.  Its not the money its finishing successfuly as a team.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Here is a better question: how does complaining about how other people choose to play thier characters even make sense? And how can anyone actually convince themselves that anything about mission farming is "unfair"? Unfair is when only select players have something available while others don't. Repeating missions is available to all and it's made available by the game itself. Like in real life every choice has a consequence or reward. Those who sow time and effort to farm reap the rewards. Those who choose not to, don't.  So you feel more "honorable" by not farming. Good luck spending your "honor". Here is a clue - mission farming may very well be 100% intended by R*. BTW, I don't really mission farm myself. I just find it boring. Point being, my statements are not self-justification.

• Zzzzz Rrrrr likes this

darkwitness
  • darkwitness

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

hummm....

what is the difference between playing one mission from Gerald over and over and over that pays out 5k... or being forced to play different missions from gerald that all involve stealing a package and getting paid 5k for it... humm wait... i know... wait.... no.

They don't want people farming, but they don't mind repeating the same type missions with the same payouts over and over after a while I really can't tell which is worse.

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Spooky Scary Skeleton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

It's not a matter of fair and not fair, it's a matter of how Rockstar wants you to play THEIR game. They clearly don't want people replaying missions for large sums of money and they will be patching it whether all the cry babies like it or not.

Do you need help taking Rockstar's nuts out of your mouth?

It's just the truth, take your anger out on someone else.

How about I take it out where it belongs, like on Rockstar?

-10/5, shouldn't attempt to troll ever again

NXKS
  • NXKS

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:46 PM Edited by NXKS, 09 October 2013 - 02:47 PM.

Rockstar doesn't have to stop or fix farmers, they can still make money.

All they have to do is release new content. They could release DLC for like 2.99 and make a killing or add a new "currency" called "gold" you can only buy at the store that can be used to buy super rare items they release.

So everyone farming millions of money doesn't necessarily mean Rockstar is going to loose money, they just need to know how to make money.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Here is a better question: how does complaining about how other people choose to play thier characters even make sense? And how can anyone actually convince themselves that anything about mission farming is "unfair"? Unfair is when only select players have something available while others don't. Repeating missions is available to all and it's made available by the game itself. Like in real life every choice has a consequence or reward. Those who sow time and effort to farm reap the rewards. Those who choose not to, don't.  So you feel more "honorable" by not farming. Good luck spending your "honor". Here is a clue - mission farming may very well be 100% intended by R*. BTW, I don't really mission farm myself. I just find it boring. Point being, my statements are not self-justification.

It wasn't unfair at first, simply because everyone could if they chose too.  It is now, because people who did are laps ahead of those that didn't.  Seriously, I dont think I'd be anywhere near 98 if I was working.  Mid 30s more likely.  I was lv 40 and the king of most lobbys two days ago, and that was on vacation and hours of play a day.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Seriously, I'm waiting for the wave of erases to begin.  Clearly they didn't intend for the money and experience system to be exploited the way it was.  Money in this game doesn't last that long even with millions.  Its the leveling up they should have focused on nerfing.

994868_144339765771048_1511979023_n.jpg?

It was never, still isn't and will never be an "Exploit".

Comboking
  • Comboking

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

if rockstar actually made good payouts for the higher level missions then i would not touch farming i was lvl 60 before farming with like 400k to my name and a bad apartment

some missions are so damn hard and they pay 10,000

ridiculous really.

RazorRamon709
  • RazorRamon709

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

This is amazing, farming is f*cking stupid, why on earth you want to play a game and do the same missin for hours is beyond me, then get on a fourm and cry about how it's not cheating and f*ck you R*, play the game, see what else there is to do then just one simple mission, you achieved nothing by doing the same mission over and over. Go ahead and do it, but it's the easy way out, all for bragging rights

"I got the best appartment!!!l"

"Oh ya? how so fast"

"I just did the same mission for the last 5 hours"

"That's stupid man, how was that even fun"
  • Levano likes this

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

No seriously, I just don't get it.

You bitch at rockstar for nerfing the popular high payout missions like rooftop rumble, and Violent Ducks, for your "Farming" Needs...but are totally okay with basically CHEATING amongst the rest of online community.

Sure it doesn't matter if your already a rank 100, with 2 million dollars in your Maze bank account..Sure go right on ahead with your farming you farmers you! I mean, hell why not? Totally fair for the rest of us who are playing the online component fair and square!

Even if it does mean working hard, or purchasing microtransactions. What you dick weeds don't seem to understand about Farming is that you basically CHEAT the rest of the community, and that simply isn't fair!

I definatly won't bitch that R* nerfed these missions, and anyone who does is a complete idiot.

That said, farming is not unfair, just because someone has schedules that allow them to do this for hours upon hours does not make it unfair, you and only you are responsible for your own schedule, and as of yet you are not actually exploiting or glitching anything to farm these, as such its completly legit and fair.

skinku
  • skinku

Where are my f*cking arms?

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

I am enjoying the game as it is, drifting off and doing stupid sh*t.

I don't get grinding, you get there quick but don't enjoy it.

It is the journey dudes not the destination.

Pasty anyone?

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:02 PM Edited by MLO_III, 09 October 2013 - 03:04 PM.

Seriously, I'm waiting for the wave of erases to begin.  Clearly they didn't intend for the money and experience system to be exploited the way it was.  Money in this game doesn't last that long even with millions.  Its the leveling up they should have focused on nerfing.

After the first patch, what happenned when someone joined ur mission as a spectator and you passed?  A day later, even if you failed the mission on purpose the replay button was suddenly blocked out.  Only way to invite someone was to fail prior to their joining.  These things all seemed like workarounds in order to keep replaying the mission.  

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by Coolstream, 09 October 2013 - 03:07 PM.

This is amazing, farming is f*cking stupid, why on earth you want to play a game and do the same missin for hours is beyond me, then get on a fourm and cry about how it's not cheating and f*ck you R*, play the game, see what else there is to do then just one simple mission, you achieved nothing by doing the same mission over and over. Go ahead and do it, but it's the easy way out, all for bragging rights

"Oh ya? how so fast"

I don't see why people think it's a major f*cking deal and it's basically the end of the world, while it's completely normal in any other MMO.

I don't need the bragging rights, I just want to play the game how it should be.

After the first patch, what happenned when someone joined ur mission as a spectator and you passed?  A day later, even if you failed the mission on purpose the replay button was suddenly blocked out.  Only way to invite someone was to fail prior to their joining.  These things all seemed like workarounds in order to keep replaying the mission.  

Let me try again, both the Replay button and pressing R2 was and still are features in this game. The fact that Rockstar is going loco on these "Exploits" (As you may refer to them) is because their Cash cards won't sell as much.

The money went to their head the very first day.

• Boxman108 likes this

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Violent Ducks OP? Is that the mission where you have to kidnap a particularly angry duck, or do you have to kill a bunch of ducks who are armed with Sticky Bombs?

I really think we should be told.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 09 October 2013 - 03:05 PM.

they're trying to stop the income not the grinding they could just nerf the hell out of the cash and still allow us to grind basic mom goal is always to hit max level first or be amongst the many high ranks

RazorRamon709
  • RazorRamon709

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

It's not a major deal. Everyone crying about it is pure idiotic lol just boggles my mind how people can farm and enjoy it and think they are kings sh*t for doing it

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

No seriously, I just don't get it.

You bitch at rockstar for nerfing the popular high payout missions like rooftop rumble, and Violent Ducks, for your "Farming" Needs...but are totally okay with basically CHEATING amongst the rest of online community.

Sure it doesn't matter if your already a rank 100, with 2 million dollars in your Maze bank account..Sure go right on ahead with your farming you farmers you! I mean, hell why not? Totally fair for the rest of us who are playing the online component fair and square!

Even if it does mean working hard, or purchasing microtransactions. What you dick weeds don't seem to understand about Farming is that you basically CHEAT the rest of the community, and that simply isn't fair!

Lol.... No this is just stupid.

First, farming isn't hurting you. Me having 10 billion dollars doesn't change anything for you, the economy is static and not player driven. You seem to think that this games economy is based on the players, I have no clue why lol.

How is farming unfair? You haven't even explained why other than you don't agree with it so it is now deemed unfair. You might as well determine what missions are fun and not fun for the ENTIRE community. Lol, if you are going to try and prove a point, you might want to do so with actual backing statements, not "because it isn't far, because I say so". This is how a child argues, no points, no facts, nothing but subjective points of view.

What you don't seem to understand is a lot of players have lost several days of progress. I had a friend and myself get to level 32 and 33 and lose it. 400k apartment and a few cars and some mods on his guns and a 200k apartment 3 tricked out cars and three guns fully modded. We never farmed outside of repeating the Titan of a mission one extra time because we had so much fun doing it.

Log in the next day and Boom his character is gone and mine is at level 19. Luckily I only lost about a day and half, but he last nearly a whole week. Do you think that we wanted to go from 19-30 and 1-30 again? No, that sh*t took a lot of missions and we also lost nearly all of our guns, mods and cars. I want all that sh*t back, so I am going to get it back quickly.

Besides the point of people losing their characters and progress, what is it doing to you specifically that is directly causing you to feel cheated? Because a really low level mission got a nerf to their pay out (not sure about rooftop, never did it)? Just keep running missions, eventually they all pay well or give you a sh*t ton of RP. If people want to shorten the lifespan of the game for themselves, let them the only ones they are cheating is themselves.

Rex budman
  • Rex budman

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Have you ever played an MMORPG? 

mcmikezr1
  • mcmikezr1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

its simple math. i want to make some cash. 9000 is higher than 3000. der, hey maybe i should do this job again

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Wow, just how many people here have played MMO's?

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Does no one else see the irony in people whining about people earning millions trough farming, when people could just as easily buy millions with zero effort when cashcards are activated?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

"Oh ya? how so fast"

5? more like half an hour XD

U jelly?

ow and sorry, I didn't realize you were the keeper of the definition of fun.

I like replaying everything regardless of rewards, it is fun to try different tactics and besides it saves a lot on looking at loading screens

I wanna do missions with a bunch of people for a few hours not be forced into random activities like parachuting because the f*cking voting screen decides what I get to choose from

or even worse having to return to freeroam just to start a next job

that is 3 (longass) loading screens I'm forced to sit trough, not to mention waiting in the lobby and it's all completely unneeded, give me some control i'm the f*cking host!

skinku
  • skinku

Where are my f*cking arms?

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Farm if you want, doesn't sound fun to me.

Like masterbating in the pub toilet.

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by cswood, 09 October 2013 - 03:18 PM.

"Oh ya? how so fast"

"I just won at basketball!"

"Oh ya? How do you play basketball?"

"you run around a court and put a ball in hoop for hours!"

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Does no one else see the irony in people whining about people earning millions trough farming, when people could just as easily buy millions with zero effort when cashcards are activated?

I honestly think its the leveling that pissed most people off.  I can buy a tank, and my gun shoots farther than yours. What level do you get that first sniper at again?  Its the thirties right? I even have a buzzard that spawns whenever I'm near Sandy Shores. Its ridiculous how OP I am in a lot of the lobbies I join.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

I love how people are calling this an MMO...

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 09 October 2013 - 03:17 PM.

I honestly think its the leveling that pissed most people off.  I can buy a tank, and my gun shoots farther than yours. What level do you get that first sniper at again?  Its the thirties right? I even have a buzzard that spawns whenever I'm near Sandy Shores. Its ridiculous how OP I am in a lot of the lobbies I join.
and that whole argument goes out the window when you realize that there will always be someone higher than you in an mmo so they need to get over it

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

First sniper is 21 and one shoots just like the barret.

As for the buzzard anyone above 50 can get those almost every single time from any of the helipads.

The only biggy is the rhino, anything else really dosn't have much advantage over a more skilled player with a pistol

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

"Oh ya? how so fast"

"I just won at basketball!"

"Oh ya? How do you play basketball?"

"you run around a court and put a ball in hoop for hours!"

"I just won at football!" (Soccer for the uneducated country)

"Oh ya? How do you play football?"

"You just run after some ball while a lot of sweaty men are running after it as well"

"That's stupid man, how is that not considered gay yet?"

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to see how many people here actually likes football.

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

By us farming does not effect you! So STFU and eat a d*ck!...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users