Photo

So how is Farming Fair? I don't get why you "Farmers" are

196 replies to this topic
Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

It's not a matter of fair and not fair, it's a matter of how Rockstar wants you to play THEIR game. They clearly don't want people replaying missions for large sums of money and they will be patching it whether all the cry babies like it or not.

Do you need help taking Rockstar's nuts out of your mouth?

• Boxman108 and webdevour like this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

Excell at a profitable mission which all people have access to = cheating
Purchase cash cards for real life money (which we all have tons of :/ ) = fair
  • Boxman108 likes this

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

It's not a matter of fair and not fair, it's a matter of how Rockstar wants you to play THEIR game. They clearly don't want people replaying missions for large sums of money and they will be patching it whether all the cry babies like it or not.

It's just the truth, take your anger out on someone else.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Nice complaining, who cares.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Farming does not equal cheating, dear OP. 

Farming is maximizing your xp / money / whatever per hour and doing the same thing over and over again. Cheating is something else.

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:45 AM Edited by Deathwish91, 09 October 2013 - 11:46 AM.

It's just the truth, take your anger out on someone else.

How about I take it out where it belongs, like on Rockstar?

DRoy3793
  • DRoy3793

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Cheating refers to an immoral way of achieving a goal, such as cheating on an exam. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation. Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means. This broad definition will necessarily include acts of bribery, cronyism, sleaze, nepotism and any situation where individuals are given preference using inappropriate criteria.

EVERYBODY can farm. It's not like you gain an unfair advantage if your farming, because f*cking EVERYBODY can farm. 

Just because you prefer to play what you think is legit makes every farmer a cheater?

Stupid idiot

This right here is the answer.....Anyone could've farmed the sh*t out of those missions not our fault that you didn't have any friends to do it with or was just too stupid to take advantage of it.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Farming is a part of every online game that has end goals.  It's a part of EVERY MMO.  It's essentially the BASIS of MMO's.  I don't see how it's cheating.  It's boring, yeah.  It can be annoying that the top ranks are always no-lifing farmers, yeah.  But that's how every MMO is and it shouldn't stop you from being good at the game. 

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

I am surprised people actually take the trouble farming ! The chances are pretty big your progress isn't saved by the wonderfull cloud servers and all you have done during a gaming session has been for nothing.

I would think R* would make a priority in fixing their mess they call "the backend" before trying to fix replaying of missions that for some reason or other were specifically added into the game.

Anyway, it seems R* originally did intend to let people replay missions (after all that replay option didn't get added just for fun) but apparently changed their mind due to complaints. Now please prioritize the complaints, replay missions, no big deal, loosing progress all over the place, big deal.

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

You still have to complete the mission...not as if you get the cash for free. And you can get the mission again by calling Gerald anyway...it's not like it's never repeatable. 

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

I am surprised people actually take the trouble farming ! The chances are pretty big your progress isn't saved by the wonderfull cloud servers and all you have done during a gaming session has been for nothing.

I would think R* would make a priority in fixing their mess they call "the backend" before trying to fix replaying of missions that for some reason or other were specifically added into the game.

Anyway, it seems R* originally did intend to let people replay missions (after all that replay option didn't get added just for fun) but apparently changed their mind due to complaints. Now please prioritize the complaints, replay missions, no big deal, loosing progress all over the place, big deal.

I'm going to be loling so freaking hard when I see a topic about how someone lost their precious level 200 character :D

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

I'm going to be loling so freaking hard when I see a topic about how someone lost their precious level 200 character :D

Some should, yes. And not because I give a damn about them being higher level than me, but because they exploited game mechanics.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Seriously, I'm waiting for the wave of erases to begin.  Clearly they didn't intend for the money and experience system to be exploited the way it was.  Money in this game doesn't last that long even with millions.  Its the leveling up they should have focused on nerfing.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, I don't care if people farm to get a ton of money, but the experience needs to be nerfed. It's completely ridiculous that there's already a bunch of people at rank 100+

• KiLLe12-X likes this

MrNoir
  • MrNoir

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:08 PM Edited by MrNoir, 09 October 2013 - 12:13 PM.

How is it cheating. You really think Rockstar didn't have people testing all the online missions to see how fast it takes people to rank up and make money. They are probably only changing it because of all the casual gamers moaning.

I personally don't think it's cheating, however Rockstar solved it in the worst possible way by being inconsistent. If they nerf it this "early" in the game's life - then those who have induldged in it (myself included) should have their cash and levels reduced. It wouldn't be the first time in gaming history that reverting back levels of people exploiting game mechanics, would occur so.

And no, I honestly don't think they did any massive testing. They probably just made sure that the missions worked and that's about it. If they had tested it, they would have had open beta for a weekend or three or a week. That way they wouldn't have had the problems with their clouds on launch, they wouldn't have had to piss off half if not more of their community with repeatable missions. So what they failed at, was testing - testing a MMO without beta for players isn't testing, it's stupid.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

They better not reduce my cash! Lol.  They need to reduce the levels.

Emsaic
  • Emsaic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

How is fair, I'll ask you the same about buying money, some people can't afford a card (Or can't buy from the ps store, or xbox one) and others just buy money without even trying (Not even repeating missions) 

someguy666333
  • someguy666333

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

I didn't bitch

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

Lol it's not cheating at all. It's working with what the game gives you. 

If I offered you $50 to do my laundry, and you came back next week to do it again I wouldn't say "this is an unfair way for you to be earning money" :D

I don't farm personally, because it feels like a grind and I prefer to enjoy the game, but if there is money to be made legitimately, who cares how people do it? 

Lars1
  • Lars1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

No seriously, I just don't get it.

You bitch at rockstar for nerfing the popular high payout missions like rooftop rumble, and Violent Ducks, for your "Farming" Needs...but are totally okay with basically CHEATING amongst the rest of online community.

Sure it doesn't matter if your already a rank 100, with 2 million dollars in your Maze bank account..Sure go right on ahead with your farming you farmers you! I mean, hell why not? Totally fair for the rest of us who are playing the online component fair and square!

Even if it does mean working hard, or purchasing microtransactions. What you dick weeds don't seem to understand about Farming is that you basically CHEAT the rest of the community, and that simply isn't fair!

Excuse me but I am not a measly level 100 with 2 million but am actually 160 with 13 million.
Learn to farm brah
U mad?

KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

When rockstar pays me to play this game, then I will play it the way they want me to. Until then, I paid for it, so I'll play it my way. You dork.

No you won't, because they are patching it and you'll be forced to play the game in a way they intended.

Do you have a source for this ludicrous claim? You keep saying they're gonna patch it and implying that you have some type of insider information from the CEO himself when most people cant even get a non-automated reply from the company about the more important matters. Until you post a damn source I think its just wishful thinking of a broke badger.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Instead of resetting the exploiters, they should do something similar to bad sport where instead of wearing a dunce hat, they are forced to wear farmers clothes, and only allowed to drive a tractor!

They will also be made to play in the servers with the bad sports. Unlike bad sports this will be permanent unless they pay a considerable fine based on their balance and rank reduction.

I think it's important to separate the players that actually put in the effort for their rank, than the ones who mindlessly farm. Giving these morons a label is a way to do this.

Thoughts?

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

You bitch at rockstar for nerfing the popular high payout missions like rooftop rumble, and Violent Ducks, for your "Farming" Needs...but are totally okay with basically CHEATING amongst the rest of online community.

Sure it doesn't matter if your already a rank 100, with 2 million dollars in your Maze bank account..Sure go right on ahead with your farming you farmers you! I mean, hell why not? Totally fair for the rest of us who are playing the online component fair and square!

Even if it does mean working hard, or purchasing microtransactions. What you dick weeds don't seem to understand about Farming is that you basically CHEAT the rest of the community, and that simply isn't fair!

Life isn't fair.

Farming missions doesn't cheat anybody else out of anything.  At all.  If you really believe it does, I'd love to see some examples of how my "farming" robs you of a fulfilling gameplay experience.

People need to get it through their heads: everybody has different ways of having fun.  You don't need to understand it.  Even better, you don't need to care.  Play the game your way and have fun and we'll play the game our way and have fun.

KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Some should, yes. And not because I give a damn about them being higher level than me, but because they exploited game mechanics.

This is dumb.. How is it an exploit if its in the damn game? I know some guys actually DO exploit Violent Duct with the sticky bomb glitch, but if youre actually going through and killing the enemies every time over and over again how is that exploitation? Thats work more than anything.. Just doing variations of the same task in 1 spot for hours on end and getting paid. Sound familiar? Anyone who has a JOB has done it, so let me ask you mate.. Do you (or your parents) exploit the Earth to enable you to play GTA in the damn 1st place?

• Zzzzz Rrrrr likes this

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rápido

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

farm yacker accent "farmin' iz fair young lad, workin'ard all day to get by lad, dont knock 'ut lad"

DrDerp
  • DrDerp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

The problem is that some of these missions can be completed without actually fulfilling the objectives.  The 25k mission for example, you're supposed to be picking up and dropping off the package, not just blowing it up.  20 seconds vs. 3-5 minutes is a big difference.

Rockstar should be looking at fixing that rather than nerfing payouts imo.

Sh1zn3t
  • Sh1zn3t

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:52 PM Edited by Edguy89, 09 October 2013 - 01:53 PM.

How the hell is grinding cheating? Replaying missions/levels/bosses/etc to earn money/XP/whatever in video games has been pretty much the main way to play them for decades.

Because it's been patched twice to stop you doing it. So yes. Cheating.

It's not been patched because it's cheating, you f*cking inbred. It's been patched because it was too easy to gain money from it. It has nothing to do with cheating. Absolutely nothing. That was on Rockstar, not us. Now shut your little mouth and go back to playing the sims.

• Boxman108 and Zzzzz Rrrrr like this

TotalNo0b
  • TotalNo0b

total noob

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

a little bit of 'farming' can be productive. Too much and you ruin your own fun. I don't care if people farm. Personally, I played 'titan of a job' about 10 times with some guy a few days ago, but it got boring and I haven't done it since. I spent my money on a car that I ended up selling anyway :p do what you want, have fun

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Spooky Scary Skeleton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Your tears, they are delicious.

Who. The bumblef*ck. Does farming. Hurt?

It's just doing a mission over and over again, how would that be any different from challenging someone to a rematch?

And maybe we just want to make a lot of money, and, after all, isn't that the main goal of GTAO?

Besides, R* wouldn't even allow us to replay missions if they didn't want us to make money in a consise, efficient manner and cooperate with your teammates to plan and figure the quickest way to play the mission.

Maybe you enjoy sitting at the bottom of the ladder with just enough money to buy a pack of Redwoods, but I certainly do not, good sir.
  • Zzzzz Rrrrr likes this

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Spooky Scary Skeleton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

Instead of resetting the exploiters, they should do something similar to bad sport where instead of wearing a dunce hat, they are forced to wear farmers clothes, and only allowed to drive a tractor!
They will also be made to play in the servers with the bad sports. Unlike bad sports this will be permanent unless they pay a considerable fine based on their balance and rank reduction.

I think it's important to separate the players that actually put in the effort for their rank, than the ones who mindlessly farm. Giving these morons a label is a way to do this.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you're a douchenugget.

Really? "BOO HOO, PEOPLE ARE BEATING MY LEVEL TWELVE CHARACTER BECAUSE THEY PLAYED MISSIONS!!! R* PLS BAN DEM!!!1"

So f*cking what? Grinding isn't cheating, it's repetitively doing something over and over manually for profit in a video game. The only way it'd be cheating is if someone used a macro or bot to do it for them.

tl;dr get off your damn high horse pls

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users