So how is Farming Fair? I don't get why you "Farmers" are

196 replies to this topic
DatDudeDB
  • DatDudeDB

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

No seriously, I just don't get it.

You bitch at rockstar for nerfing the popular high payout missions like rooftop rumble, and Violent Ducks, for your "Farming" Needs...but are totally okay with basically CHEATING amongst the rest of online community.

Sure it doesn't matter if your already a rank 100, with 2 million dollars in your Maze bank account..Sure go right on ahead with your farming you farmers you! I mean, hell why not? Totally fair for the rest of us who are playing the online component fair and square!

Even if it does mean working hard, or purchasing microtransactions. What you dick weeds don't seem to understand about Farming is that you basically CHEAT the rest of the community, and that simply isn't fair!

• Dlee13 and Levano like this

Zzzzz Rrrrr
  • Zzzzz Rrrrr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

How is it cheating. You really think Rockstar didn't have people testing all the online missions to see how fast it takes people to rank up and make money. They are probably only changing it because of all the casual gamers moaning.
  • Boxman108, BuyMeTheMoon, RDR-Detox and 2 others like this

Chicago Bearhawks
  • Chicago Bearhawks

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

How the hell is grinding cheating? Replaying missions/levels/bosses/etc to earn money/XP/whatever in video games has been pretty much the main way to play them for decades.

• Boxman108 and st0ny like this

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:48 AM Edited by Deathwish91, 09 October 2013 - 10:48 AM.

I seriously don't getting how other players get their money on a videogame concerns you. Seriously, I don't get it. Go away

• DwnShft2Xcelr8, Boxman108, rexmaverik and 1 other like this

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

Crying-Baby-2-1024x682.jpg

I've never seen a baby get his bottle and still keep crying. Is it gas? I bet it's gas.

• Get_Head_Ed, BuyMeTheMoon, Deathwish91 and 4 others like this

vash_021
  • vash_021

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

you moaners are more pathetic than the farmers

roboburr
  • roboburr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Buying ingame money from rockstar isnt cheating....
  • VGamerChick likes this

NewJerzy
  • NewJerzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Cheating refers to an immoral way of achieving a goal, such as cheating on an exam. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation. Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means. This broad definition will necessarily include acts of bribery, cronyism, sleaze, nepotism and any situation where individuals are given preference using inappropriate criteria.

EVERYBODY can farm. It's not like you gain an unfair advantage if your farming, because f*cking EVERYBODY can farm. 

Just because you prefer to play what you think is legit makes every farmer a cheater?

Stupid idiot

• VGamerChick likes this

GTAUserNameHere
  • GTAUserNameHere

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

You bitch at rockstar for nerfing the popular high payout missions like rooftop rumble, and Violent Ducks, for your "Farming" Needs...but are totally okay with basically CHEATING amongst the rest of online community.

Sure it doesn't matter if your already a rank 100, with 2 million dollars in your Maze bank account..Sure go right on ahead with your farming you farmers you! I mean, hell why not? Totally fair for the rest of us who are playing the online component fair and square!

Even if it does mean working hard, or purchasing microtransactions. What you dick weeds don't seem to understand about Farming is that you basically CHEAT the rest of the community, and that simply isn't fair!

What makes you think, that is going to stop anyone from progressing more, earning more than you? Next you are going to say it is wrong to play for more than an hour at at time because you can not do such, or do not wish to.

Grinding is just a way to dedicate your game play time, some people really enjoy such game play. Achievers do. Others like to play more leisurely, or play different areas. I could care less about deathmatchs but I do enjoy doing the missions.

Farming is not cheating, everyone farms a little bit it is how you get the things you want. Farming is the gamer word for dedicating time to achieve/get something you want.

Everyone is going to be doing farming in the game, grinding some to get stuff. That is part of the point of this game. Some people are more efficient at it than others.

DatDudeDB
  • DatDudeDB

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Yes grind to level 120 you grinding bastards!

AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:56 AM Edited by AerialRocket, 09 October 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Most of you guys have never played Final fantasy online or two world 2, grinding is fun

dadgoat
  • dadgoat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:58 AM Edited by dadgoat, 09 October 2013 - 11:05 AM.

There is a difference in farming and exploiting. Granted everyone could have done it. I personally would have liked to see a nerf in payout OR no replay but NOT both. Farming however is how the vast majority of player CHOOSE to play MMO's. Since grinding is fun, its a way to set a fun goal and keep yourself entertained.

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

How is it cheating. You really think Rockstar didn't have people testing all the online missions to see how fast it takes people to rank up and make money. They are probably only changing it because of all the casual gamers moaning.

If they can overlook the first race glitch then you can bet it wasn't properly tested. There's a number of things in this game that you can do which is clearly an error that needs a patch. I expect the "replay" button was only meant to be for races, deathmatches and other jobs... but was overlooked in the mission screens (hence having 500+ missions at launch and new ones to be added because they weren't intended to be replayed!)

This isn't an MMO designed for farming, that's why they have released two patches already to stop you all from doing it. They want people to engage in all the features, not just do the same old sh*t repeatedly by taking advantage of an exploit.

• Dlee13 likes this

Sh1zn3t
  • Sh1zn3t

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Cool. Farming has become cheating now....

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:59 AM Edited by buddybravo, 09 October 2013 - 10:59 AM.

It's not a matter of fair and not fair, it's a matter of how Rockstar wants you to play THEIR game. They clearly don't want people replaying missions for large sums of money and they will be patching it whether all the cry babies like it or not.

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

How the hell is grinding cheating? Replaying missions/levels/bosses/etc to earn money/XP/whatever in video games has been pretty much the main way to play them for decades.

Because it's been patched twice to stop you doing it. So yes. Cheating.

GlaciusTS
  • GlaciusTS

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Playing the same mission over and over is less fun... so shouldn't it make sense that this makes money faster?

No, Rockstar wants you to pay for Micro-Transactions. People making a million dollars in a couple hours? Unacceptable. Think of how much work people put into money farming, and how much in game money they make in an hour. And how much that is worth in real life (nothing, but lets pretend paying for fake money makes sense for a second.)? As the game is now, a man doesn't make an hours worth of in-game money in an hour, in fact, a day can go by and I've made next to nothing because I pay for ammo and armor and occasionally my bank account is devastated by some assholes who like to kill everyone for sh*ts. (Death is WAYYYY too expensive now... unbelievably so for a game known to be about chaos without consequence.

ozxfz.jpg

1daymember
  • 1daymember

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

It's not a matter of fair and not fair, it's a matter of how Rockstar wants you to play THEIR game. They clearly don't want people replaying missions for large sums of money and they will be patching it whether all the cry babies like it or not.

When rockstar pays me to play this game, then I will play it the way they want me to. Until then, I paid for it, so I'll play it my way. You dork.

• A3janNL and Boxman108 like this

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

When rockstar pays me to play this game, then I will play it the way they want me to. Until then, I paid for it, so I'll play it my way. You dork.

No you won't, because they are patching it and you'll be forced to play the game in a way they intended.

1daymember
  • 1daymember

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

No you won't, because they are patching it and you'll be forced to play the game in a way they intended.

Just like Violent Duct forced me huh?

Cooperal1012
  • Cooperal1012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

It's not cheating by a long shot. It's just a method. One that I wouldn't use at the fear of dumbing down the experience. If I placed money as my number 1 motivator, I'd probably stop playing once I've got all the money I need.

The events were there all along so it wasn't like you were excited to finally be able to play them. And you'll see the money at the end of, say a race, and be like "meh nothing special about winning".

Long time, adult gamers will forsee this and not do it. They mostly evolved from being that greedy 14 y/o or non-gamer from some other games.

Farming just makes it feel like a lesser game than it is. So fun first, farm second.

Richard378
  • Richard378

Busta

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:16 AM Edited by Richard378, 09 October 2013 - 12:03 PM.

Look at this broke ass nigga crying he didn't get a chance to do it but seriously it isn't cheating. The replay WAS IN the game at start. Everyone could've done it.

vash_021
  • vash_021

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

please OP bitch about farming on every mmo forums

Elijin
  • Elijin

Probably Lost. Send help.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

While I havent engaged in any intentional farming, I find it amusing that people think repeating the same missions is cheating.

Especially on the days where through no effort on my part, when I finish a mission and go back to free roam, the mission giver gives me the exact same mission to repeat. Time after time.

The only difference between repeating a mission from the end mission screen, and just playing the game normally, are a few clumsy loading screens.

• Boxman108 likes this

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

I think if Rockstar were to limit the amount of times you can reply a mission to let's 5 times. That'd be fair.

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Alwintheboy
  • Alwintheboy

Too old to be a boy.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Its perfectly fair, just cause you choose not to do it doesn't mean its cheating.

Quit crying about everything.

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

I was farming and I can stand by the idea that Rockstar didn't playtest the online missions.

If they had, they would see how ridiculously imbalanced their mission payouts are. No reason should a mission that takes a minute or two pay out 9k and a 30 second mission payout 25k, while a 10 minute mission pays out far less.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:35 AM Edited by zainzombie, 09 October 2013 - 11:36 AM.

I dont like farming.. never did and never will.. but thats what people will resort to if you want to buy your fav sport car and a nice apartment because $2000-3000 rewards for jobs is a pocket change in GTAO world.

The one thing that always made me excited for GTAO was Heists.... but we dont even know when R* will release it. Once it arrives, and people make enough money I doubt there will be too many haters.

Not to mention the people who lost their high rank characters and wanted to earn money fast.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:35 AM Edited by MLO_III, 09 October 2013 - 11:36 AM.

wanna know what makes it unfair?  The fact that R* is taking it away.  Once they do that, it will truly be an unfair advantage to those of us that did.  Someone else pointed out that the mission reward to level ratio was terribly off in this game.

Now that its gone, I feel bad for the people that didn't take advantage of it.  What's R* to do?  Erase all characters belonging to the fans who couldn't wait to begin terrorizing freeroam, or somehow make it up to the true believers in the experience who didn't partake of the easy way out?

• Boxman108 and CTbeatz like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users