Photo

Possible tunnel?

11 replies to this topic
massis
  • massis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

During all the ufo hunts a few weeks back, I scouted the map for special things to look at.

One of the things I found was this apparent tunnel on the map:

NiqT8Ah.jpg?1

When I went over there, there wasn't much to find, except for this small tunnel with a dead end:

0_0.jpg

However,  yesterday I stumbled upon this scene from the top of the mountain nearby:

http://socialclub.ro...el0GSzymUBBCYQw

0_0.jpg

as most things it's probably nothing, but I still find it a rather intriguing (sp?) map feature...

Obviously it looks like something once either went into or came out of this mountainside and left quite a big track up onto the beach...

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Looks like train tracks were there but was a failed line and wasnt cleaned up completely.

massis
  • massis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

Looks like train tracks were there but was a failed line and wasnt cleaned up completely.

But under water?

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

But under water?

Maybe a section that was cut so they put it underwater to make it hard to find?

CiviX
  • CiviX

Snitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

I checked this for you last night:

0_0.jpg

As you can see, there's no tunnel. My back is against the wall.

There is a water glitch tho.

Also, what you see from above is a path of pebbles. That's why i looks like that.

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Ah damn optical illusion.

massis
  • massis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

I checked this for you last night:

0_0.jpg

As you can see, there's no tunnel. My back is against the wall.

There is a water glitch tho.

Also, what you see from above is a path of pebbles. That's why i looks like that.

I know that tunnel is a dead end. However, if you look at my last screenshot, you see a much larger texture indicating something like a tunnel which would be several feet under the surface over where you are in that image. Also, it's about an entire car wide or even wider and not connected to this small dead end.

CiviX
  • CiviX

Snitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

You mean that whole stripe of pebbles? The ones you walk over reaching this dead end part?

massis
  • massis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

You mean that whole stripe of pebbles? The ones you walk over reaching this dead end part?

Yep those.

Wouldn't be anything about them if they were just pebbles, but why are they marked on the sattelite map so obviously. I've checked the entire coastline of GTA V both on the map and ingame, and this is the only spot which has such a weird feature...

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by McGyver55, 10 October 2013 - 11:21 PM.

The way that looks on the map is probably unintentional... it is probably the result of the way the seamless texture was applied to the terrain. I make 3D models, stuff like that happens sometimes. Also they could have been trying to make it look like a built up shoal.

BTW... I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like there is another glitch over in that cave... last night I visited it and found the same water glitch, but as the sun was setting light was shining out of the cave... as though it was an opening... basically the mountainside should have blocked any light.

Here is a really crappy picture...

2cy44z9.jpg

Or maybe there is something more to this?.... Who knows.

CiviX
  • CiviX

Snitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Yep those.

Wouldn't be anything about them if they were just pebbles, but why are they marked on the sattelite map so obviously. I've checked the entire coastline of GTA V both on the map and ingame, and this is the only spot which has such a weird feature...

I see what you mean. You mean why does it stand out on the satelite map :)

If you look close at the whole coast and islands, you'll notice colour difference also. Darker en lighter where the ocean is deeper and shallow. I think it's the case here also because of the pebbles.

Doubt it's meant to be a tunnel of somekind.

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by SomeBoredDude, 11 October 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Yep those.

I see what you mean. You mean why does it stand out on the satelite map :)

If you look close at the whole coast and islands, you'll notice colour difference also. Darker en lighter where the ocean is deeper and shallow. I think it's the case here also because of the pebbles.

Doubt it's meant to be a tunnel of somekind.

Possibly tied in the whole alien deal?Or to get people worked up for nothing so R* could have a laugh at us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users