Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar nerfing missions instead of fixing glitches?

29 replies to this topic
Chase3411
  • Chase3411

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

I was just wondering how everyone feels about this?

beatthedevil56
  • beatthedevil56

Your Personal Jesus

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

If a lot of you whine and cry about it. yes. Vilent duct now pays 3,000 no more 9,000.

Mr_Snorlax
  • Mr_Snorlax

Sleepy

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

I feel like rockstar is too busy making a PC version cause of the $$$$ they could get and announce everything is fixed due to the sh*t they've learnt from consoles.

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

This is getting old now

Fixing a glitch in a mission is easy you know where it is it takes one person not even 30min and that's being generous

Finding a error in a database is like looking for the one spelling mistake in The Lord of the rings trilogy

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Rockstar shouldn't punish players for using a system they themselves put in the game for the player to utilize. They had 5 years to test the game and came up boneheaded with their first attempt at implementing micro transactions....they should bite the lemon and chew on the peel instead of further damaging the game.

• OneFlaw and Bionnae like this

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Rockstar shouldn't punish players for using a system they themselves put in the game for the player to utilize. They had 5 years to test the game and came up boneheaded with their first attempt at implementing micro transactions....they should bite the lemon and chew on the peel instead of further damaging the game.

Well said.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

So....you're saying they shouldn't be allowed to tweak a system they created?

Are you new to gaming?

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Are you new to gaming?

In five years none of their testers ever came to them and said, "You know I made 1 million yesterday"?  You can't blame children for playing with matches if you leave them unattended in a matches factory.

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

JonVercetti
  • JonVercetti

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

Rockstar dropped the ball.

Level 200's and people with $10million+ are roaming lobbies in the first week lmao

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:02 AM Edited by OneFlaw, 09 October 2013 - 07:05 AM.

Are you new to gaming?

In all Honesty, the State of GTA O is so poor it should have been Delayed or a month Open Beta with a reset at the end but It was clearly NOT ready regardless of what some of the R* defense force says.

EDIT: To make matters worst, R* Left the servers UP with all of these issues and farmings, so now they should Reset but now they can't because many will be pissed from that, so R* is damned either way. But it all started with bad decisions.

• drjonkoe likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:03 AM Edited by R.R, 09 October 2013 - 07:06 AM.

Are you new to gaming?

In five years none of their testers ever came to them and said, "You know I made 1 million yesterday"?  You can't blame children for playing with matches if you leave them unattended in a matches factory.

I don't think there has been a game that has been played online that has released without bugs/glitches/exploits that weren't discovered in testing. It's just simply not possible to find EVERYTHING. Hell, small mapped shooters generally ship with more bugs than this, and they're simple as hell compared to GTAO.

Which is why i'll ask again......are you new to gaming?

edit -

In all Honesty, the State of GTA O is so poor it should have been Delayed or a month Open Beta with a reset at the end but It was clearly NOT ready regardless of what some of the R* defense force says.

Yeah, possibly. I've said before though, the best way to test a game is to release it. Unfortunately, as I said above, it simply isn't possible to pick up everything, no matter how long you test. The server issues especially wouldn't of been found in testing.

Regarding an open beta - a month long beta probably would of seen people leave en-masse when the reset hit. It's unfortunate but it more than likely would of happened.

Decimationist
  • Decimationist

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

The game is fine I don't know what people are complaining about? This is GTA not WoW. Casual gaming at its finest. I have nothing but fun in this. 

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:09 AM Edited by Corrupt King, 09 October 2013 - 07:10 AM.

The high amount of income people make from missions was overlooked which threatens their micro transactions which they're now fixing to reduce the amount of income so that they can make money from people buying cash other than that you can quit crying they don't care about what level we make it to

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Are you new to gaming?

Don't bother arguing with that guy, he's just a troll.

This whole 'nerf missions, but continue to ignore customers who have had hours upon hours gutted from their account' is unacceptable. It really shows where their priorities are.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

It would be nice if they also did some balancing to increase the payouts for some missions like Cop's Capacity which only pays 2K.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Are you new to gaming?

This whole 'nerf missions, but continue to ignore customers who have had hours upon hours gutted from their account' is unacceptable. It really shows where their priorities are.

Lol, i'm a troll because I don't agree with you?

Actually, I would agree with you if what you said was true.

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

Are you new to gaming?

You must not have a good concept of how big companies work, nor how coding works.

Nerfing missions deals with variables they have firm control over and can easily and quickly adjust.

Fixing glitches and errors they have a general idea about but don't know the origin cause of the problem takes longer and is more difficult.

There are multiple teams typically working on things, team A looks for this, team B nerfs missions, Team C fields complaints and so on. So just because some missions get nerfed does not at all mean they stopped working on fixing serious issues to do so. Nor does it mean nerfing missions was any sort of time consuming thing that would have taken away from that in the first place.

• Timpey and Skoader like this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

aww, the kid got no income anymore.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Yeah, possibly. I've said before though, the best way to test a game is to release it. Unfortunately, as I said above, it simply isn't possible to pick up everything, no matter how long you test. The server issues especially wouldn't of been found in testing.

Regarding an open beta - a month long beta probably would of seen people leave en-masse when the reset hit. It's unfortunate but it more than likely would of happened.

The thing is though, GTA O Has so many that how can the Testers miss them? They'd all have to be blind. The Entire save function sucks. People losing Chars, Cars vanishing if Idled and kicked in a mission or LS Customs, Radio resets to default station and does not save after a mission. These are just the save issues.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

The thing is though, GTA O Has so many that how can the Testers miss them? They'd all have to be blind. The Entire save function sucks. People losing Chars, Cars vanishing if Idled and kicked in a mission or LS Customs, Radio resets to default station and does not save after a mission. These are just the save issues.

But most of those save issues are pretty obviously directly related to server load, which again can't be reliably tested before a game launches. No doubt some should of been picked up somewhere, but they tend to be the minor ones, not the game breaking ones.

I remember reading a GabeN interview a few years ago, where he said testing picks up the surface errors, yet there's a literal ocean of bugs/glitches and exploits under that surface that won't be picked up until the game is in the hands of an imaginitive community. When that community is 5 million strong, they're sure to be doing stuff that the devs and testers didn't even think about.

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

But most of those save issues are pretty obviously directly related to server load, which again can't be reliably tested before a game launches. No doubt some should of been picked up somewhere, but they tend to be the minor ones, not the game breaking ones.

I remember reading a GabeN interview a few years ago, where he said testing picks up the surface errors, yet there's a literal ocean of bugs/glitches and exploits under that surface that won't be picked up until the game is in the hands of an imaginitive community. When that community is 5 million strong, they're sure to be doing stuff that the devs and testers didn't even think about.

This ^^

You cant 100% test an online game, you can look for glitches and software related issues, but the real test begins when it is opened up to a real world environment. This is nothing new at all. The more your doing with sending information back and forth and loading from the server (such as on a streaming environement such as GTA V) the more room for errors that will pop up that didn't under a small isolated test.

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

Are you new to gaming?

You must not have a good concept of how big companies work, nor how coding works.

Nerfing missions deals with variables they have firm control over and can easily and quickly adjust.

Fixing glitches and errors they have a general idea about but don't know the origin cause of the problem takes longer and is more difficult.

There are multiple teams typically working on things, team A looks for this, team B nerfs missions, Team C fields complaints and so on. So just because some missions get nerfed does not at all mean they stopped working on fixing serious issues to do so. Nor does it mean nerfing missions was any sort of time consuming thing that would have taken away from that in the first place.

This!

I never understand why people don't realise there are people with different roles in a company. Have these guys never worked anywhere? It's not like the boss shouts in the morning that everyone works on 1 problem. lol

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

I feel like rockstar is too busy making a PC version cause of the $$$$ they could get and announce everything is fixed due to the sh*t they've learnt from consoles.

Consoles will forever be the Beta-Testers for the PCMASTERRACE

Jayzags
  • Jayzags

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

When I lose a char again....

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

I'm predominantly a PC Gamer, and the amount of stupidity inherent in this statement amazes me.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

Don't think it's instead, they have different teams working on different things.

Chase3411
  • Chase3411

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

It's pretty fkn stupid they just patched the RT button for resarting. I'm selling my copy of the disc

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

http://www.swgemu.co...20070320112517/

Read that and you will understand how something's get thru testing
  • MrNoir likes this

MrNoir
  • MrNoir

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

Don't think it's instead, they have different teams working on different things.

Well of course, but coming up with that conclusion is actually using your head for two consecutive milliseconds, and it would appear that that is something people in online forums generally are unable to do.

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

I'm predominantly a PC Gamer, and the amount of stupidity inherent in this statement amazes me.

I wasn't being serious haha!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users