Quantcast

» «
Photo

No ODD, why still Securom for a game released in 2008?

3 replies to this topic
spambank
  • spambank

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by spambank, 09 October 2013 - 02:45 AM.

Hello,

Now that GTA 5 PC version rumouring to be released in late NOV,

I decided to go back to GTA 4.

Problem is my laptop does not have ODD (aka CD/DVD drive), I have SSD installed in that place instead.

and game does not accept ISO version of game disc even when my CD key is validated. (error 100 back up disc)

Why doesn't Rockstar lift their Securom protection for a game released 5 years ago?

It has been rendered useless due to a crack out in years ago, and it is now only hurting authentic players.

I understand Securom back then not able to foresee fair number of gaming laptops having no ODDs

But in that case, shouldn't they lift/update their protection especially when a game is old like this?

I was thinking about purchasing this game via steam again.

But I already bought this game twice. One for myself and another for a birthday present.

(Not complaining on that. It was completely worth it as my friend loved it.)

But this time again? ridiculous. No gamer should be forced to buy a copy again for a stupid outdated DRM. I rather save that for GTA 5 instead.

(Or buying external ODD for just this game, 2 years on this laptop had no problems with having no ODDs until now.)

I am pissed off having to play on an offline mode like a pirate - to install some weird .dll craps alongside the crack and to have my achievement page disabled.

Thanks for hearing ths rant.

Chris.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

No offense, but first of all, IF you did not have a DVD/CD drive on your computer, you should have bought the Legal Download version and NOT the DVD version..That is common sense really. LOL 

Next, since External DVD/CD are are less than $50 now a days, that is a great option and would allow use on multiple PC's...

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

And Third, with GFWL shutting down, Rockstar have essentially abandoned this game as they have shown no interest in transferring this over to Steam or their own Social Club.

Other developers are doing this for some of their games that used GFWL, the most recent one being BioShock 2, which removed GFWL, switched to Steamworks and removed SecuROM and as an added bonus, 2K gave everyone who already owned the game the DLC for free.

• VIPΣR likes this

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

And Third, with GFWL shutting down, Rockstar have essentially abandoned this game as they have shown no interest in transferring this over to Steam or their own Social Club.

Other developers are doing this for some of their games that used GFWL, the most recent one being BioShock 2, which removed GFWL, switched to Steamworks and removed SecuROM and as an added bonus, 2K gave everyone who already owned the game the DLC for free.

If they don't move it to steamworks or sc untill July, they will never do it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users