Photo

Wow, the Rhino sucks.

35 replies to this topic
Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

Did ANYONE playtest this game before they released it? Spend three million dollars on a tank. Drive over one car. Car explodes, tank explodes. Enjoy your new and improved GTA experience.

Either R* needs to fire their QA/Balance team, or this was an intentional design choice, made to prevent gamers from playing the game as a good old fashioned murder simulator. But hey, at least we can watch really long cutscenes where people talk to each other about morality and values!

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:28 AM Edited by bicycles?, 09 October 2013 - 02:30 AM.

Did ANYONE playtest this game before they released it?

I preordered it, and then stood in line for it at launch like a retard, and have been saying the same thing since the first hour of "play."  I feel like such a schmuck, and I really think that was their intention.

the whole thing is fishy as f*ck

• AtomicPunk likes this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 09 October 2013 - 02:59 AM.

I was able to drive over and cause 10 cars to explode before the tank eventually crapped out, not counting the times when the cars simply flattened instead of exploding. That's pretty decent, plus the tank respawns in the hanger even when its destroyed. I personally like the Rhino better, no longer instant god mode from all law enforcement.

Sadly I can't say the same about the Lazer. That thing has nearly no counter at all, cops just go full retard and attempt to do PIT maneuvers underneath you and just follow.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

Instant god mode?   Dude its a frikkin tank.  The only thing that should stop you, is another tank, unless they measured out fuel ration, or ammo limits for the main bore.

Also, gotta love driving a tank and getting stuck on a cheesy ass chain link fence.

Its like nothing in this game has any mass at all, except for cop cars....neutron stars those lot.

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

Yeah, what jdkzombie said. It's a frikkin tank. One that's next to impossible to get your hands on. God mode is the LEAST of the sh*t it should do.

It should also be pointed out that, strictly speaking, tanks have NEVER been "god mode" in any GTA game. They took forever to kill, sure, but that's because they were f*cking tanks, and as my old man used to say: there ain't no cops on the planet who're armed well enough to snuff a tank. Tanks in previous games were still capable of being killed, though - if another tank or sloppy driving didn't get you, then you'd eventually get run to ground after twenty or thirty minutes absorbing bullets.

In GTAV, a single chopper with an assault-rifie armed passenger can smoke your tank in a little under thirty seconds. I know there's a lot of feuding here on the forums between grumps who think GTA should be fun, and fanboys who think GTA should be realistic. But that right there, that's neither fun, nor realistic.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by bicycles?, 09 October 2013 - 04:57 AM.

But that right there, that's neither fun, nor realistic.

you can say that about most of the game but people are still standing up for their man...

"He promised he wouldn't hit me again."

"He told me he loved me."

"He would never hit me/cheat on me again, he's a good man"

"He's gonna make things right and change his ways, he promises"

"He messed up just this one time, ok just this one other time, ok just this one other time..."

etc...

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

But that right there, that's neither fun, nor realistic.

you can say that about most of the game but people are still standing up for their man...

"He promised he wouldn't hit me again."

"He told me he loved me."

"He would never hit me/cheat on me again, he's a good man"

"He's gonna make things right and change his ways, he promises"

etc...

Not me dude. I still like this game, but the tank just f*cking sucks. Make sure you aren't near any vehicles whatsoever if they explode, because apparently they painted the tank with god damn nitroglycerine!

And nobody pull that "Oh it makes chases more intense because you're no longer in god mode" crap. I'm in the damn tank because I want god mode. If you don't, you don't use the tank. Simple. But no, we gotta make it fair for the police, who can appear out of nowhere anywhere you are even though they apparently don't know where you are. Yes, we gotta make it fair for the cops, who can make helicopters appear out of f*cking thin air just in case you, logically, thought a plane might help you escape.

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Instant god mode?   Dude its a frikkin tank.  The only thing that should stop you, is another tank, unless they measured out fuel ration, or ammo limits for the main bore.

Also, gotta love driving a tank and getting stuck on a cheesy ass chain link fence.

Its like nothing in this game has any mass at all, except for cop cars....neutron stars those lot.

Being in the tank and having the ability to operate its main cannon coupled with its armor should make you nearly invincible against everything in this game except the military. They could have gone the extra mile and added a sixth star considering there's a f*cking military installation which can deploy jets, C-130s, Little Birds, and infantry. But nope! The tank can eventually be destroyed by gunfire. Yay!  :sarcasm:

• alfonsogomezmontoya likes this

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

I guess you'd rather go back to this:

Rhino-GTA3-front.jpg

Cheers!

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

I guess you'd rather go back to this:

Rhino-GTA3-front.jpg

Cheers!

I'm guessing you are under 18, because to anyone else that image inspires feelings of intense badassery.
  • lincolnimp and Blackskull like this

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

You guessed wrong. The classic Rhino was fantastic fun back in the day - but wake up. It's 2013.

Cheers!

RoadWarrior
  • RoadWarrior

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:36 AM Edited by RoadWarrior, 09 October 2013 - 07:38 AM.

1. tank has too little power.  I tried using it to climb the mountains but it simplly can't or takes forever zig-zagging. Needs more torque.

2. cars exploding underneath you all the time gets old. Especially when it does damage to the tank

3. touching anything or shooting the gun attracts the cops.  Sometimes I just want to run over a car or two just to look at the damage because it does smash them up pretty good, but you are pretty much guaranteed a star for hitting a car.  Shooting the gun in the city instantly gets the cops on you for "reports of an explosion"

Edit: forgot to say I hate the generic semi truck sounds too.  give it a real turbine engine sound for God's sake!  And air brake sounds? Come on.

CiviX
  • CiviX

Snitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

1. tank has too little power.  I tried using it to climb the mountains but it simplly can't or takes forever zig-zagging. Needs more torque.

2. cars exploding underneath you all the time gets old. Especially when it does damage to the tank

3. touching anything or shooting the gun attracts the cops.  Sometimes I just want to run over a car or two just to look at the damage because it does smash them up pretty good, but you are pretty much guaranteed a star for hitting a car.  Shooting the gun in the city instantly gets the cops on you for "reports of an explosion"

Edit: forgot to say I hate the generic semi truck sounds too.  give it a real turbine engine sound for God's sake!  And air brake sounds? Come on.

Point 3 is somehwhat pretty realistic don't you think?

Agree with point 1 and 2 tho.

Tahkyn
  • Tahkyn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:18 AM Edited by Tahkyn, 09 October 2013 - 08:19 AM.

The tank in SanAndreas was the same, took less damage than the Rhino in III and VC, it was a more realistic looking tank but much easier to destroy.

The one (forgot it's name smh) in TBOGT was also quite destructible, at least much more destructible than the Rhino from III and VC.

I like the old near-invincible Rhino from those days too, but Rockstar has been moving in the direction of more realistic, taking less damage tanks now for at least 9 years, don't know why people are so surprised. =/

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

I won't be wasting my money on the Rhino.

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

The tank in SanAndreas was the same, took less damage than the Rhino in III and VC, it was a more realistic looking tank but much easier to destroy.

The one (forgot it's name smh) in TBOGT was also quite destructible, at least much more destructible than the Rhino from III and VC.

I like the old near-invincible Rhino from those days too, but Rockstar has been moving in the direction of more realistic, taking less damage tanks now for at least 9 years, don't know why people are so surprised. =/

The tanks aren't even close to being realistic. They're far too fragile.

The police in this game have nothing at their disposal that could disable a tank. The military should have to be called in to disable it or flat out destroy it.

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

First of, the "tank" in TBoGT was an APC; and not a full blown tank, it's only natural, that it wouldn't be as strong as a tank.

Second, real life tank rampages have happened, and the tank actually got stuck on a guard rail.

1995 - San Diego

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UcnQ5jVGEds

• Tahkyn and Blackskull like this

KYScout
  • KYScout

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

I have had several anger releasing rampages in the rhino? I just shoot all police, swat and choppers and avoid running anything over. After 10 minutes I get bored and just climb out to a certain death. 

Also fun, use the cargo bob to lift the tank somewhere unsuspecting and rage out! I've lifted it to the redneck nudists camp and flamed on, seems police never respond there. I've also lifted it to top of mt chiliad, for some mountain biking in a tank. Also fun, lift it to highest building, climb in, drive off then sky dive out. I won't spoil it for you :p

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

The tank controls are the worst I've ever seen. The turret is all f*cked up and god forbid that you go under a low bridge or something because then you get stuck and cannot see. What a joke. This is the best that R* could come up with? Driving the tank is almost as frustrating as flying a heli. I guess code name RUSH was true. This game is a sh*t job.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

The Rhino even gets screwed by spike strips, erm what??

:sarcasm:

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

I have had several anger releasing rampages in the rhino? I just shoot all police, swat and choppers and avoid running anything over. After 10 minutes I get bored and just climb out to a certain death. 

Also fun, use the cargo bob...

yeah, sounds real fun

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Only a decent number of RPG hits should stop a tank. And I don´t mean destroying it, I said stopping it.

And it wouldn´t be God mode at all. The turret should be slow turning around and you should be vulnerable in urban environment with cover everywhere and guys popping out of alleys to shot at you, and you´d be slow as hell to respond and they wouldn´t be already here.

And the punctures... wow, let´s not even talk about that!

Tahkyn
  • Tahkyn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:50 PM Edited by Tahkyn, 09 October 2013 - 10:50 PM.

Okay perhaps realistic was not the right choice of words. More destructible perhaps. My main point stands, Rockstar have been making the tank less invincible since SanAndreas and I can't see how anyone can be surprised. I also don't recall anyone making a complaint about that tank in SA. I was disappointed in the move away from near invincible tanks then.
I'm just not surprised now.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

It's more about how cars explode than anything else. For some reason when a car explodes under you, it's the worst possible thing for whatever you're driving. The Rhino should just flatten cars and they should maybe explode after a minute or so. It would solve this problem and be much more realistic and fun.

• Tahkyn likes this

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

I bet if you flip a Rhino over there's a little sticker on it saying

Made In China

Tahkyn
  • Tahkyn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

It's more about how cars explode than anything else. For some reason when a car explodes under you, it's the worst possible thing for whatever you're driving. The Rhino should just flatten cars and they should maybe explode after a minute or so. It would solve this problem and be much more realistic and fun.

That's a good idea. It would be a small fix to handle how much damage a tank dishes out to a car. Considering how the Rhino has always been susceptible to incendiary attacks and how cars wouldn't normally just explode from crushing, it would make sense. Perhaps they could male the exploding car an occasional event since it is realistic that sometimes you would have a spark from the tank plus the car's ruptured gas tank. :)

Lc gta
  • Lc gta

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Tanks are too fragile in Gta 5.  Run over 5 cars and your dead. 

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

You think its unbalanced? Ok lets get the old tank back and see how balanced that is in multiplayer. Yeah the tank is very well balanced.

creamofpayne
  • creamofpayne

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

You guessed wrong. The classic Rhino was fantastic fun back in the day - but wake up. It's 2013.

Cheers!

What the f*ck does the year 2013 have to do with how strong a tank is? Are you high or just plain dumb?

You think its unbalanced? Ok lets get the old tank back and see how balanced that is in multiplayer. Yeah the tank is very well balanced.

When did anyone ever mention anything about Online? Last I checked we are not in the Online section of this forum.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Doesn't matter, the tank is used for both online and offline.

The online users list is currently unavailable due to maintenance but will return in 4 minutes.